Chapter 4

E.DEN or Kris?

I reach the waiting room with E.DEN trailing right behind me. 

"How is he? Is he okay?" I ask looking at everyone in the room. Suho gets up first but before he's able to speak Kris grabs his wrist. "Let me take care of this." 

Kris gets up and walks towards me taking me out in the hall. "What happened?" I impatiently ask. 

"He was coming back from a schedule when a crowd of crazy fans chased him when he came upon an unexpected staircase and tripped falling forward and tumbling all the way to the bottom." He said staring at the floor. 

"Is he okay? Can I go see him?" I said feeling my heart start to race and my breathing changing

"Aniyo. They're only allowing family in the room right now. They said that his left arm is broken and his ankle is twisted. And he's also still unconcious. They say he's in a coma but aren't too sure of how serious it is yet." 

"Ani..." I mumble bringing my hand to my mouth "How?" 

"How could that happen to him of all people?" I sob

"I don't know.." Kris said looking blankly at the wall while he started pulling me into an embrace. We slumped to the floor, Kris holding me in his arms trying to comfort me. 

"He's going to be okay Jae. I know you're just worried." He said patting the back of my head. 

Sometime while we had stepped out of the waiting room E.DEN had left. He told Suho to rely a message. Basically he was just apologizing for being rude and intruding and for leaving without saying goodbye. 

Instead of going home tonight I decided to stay all night here. Even if that meant I had to sleep in this waiting room all night. Kris said he would stay with me because he was worried about Lay but also because he didn't want me to sleep alone in such a public place. 

"You didn't have to stay, I would have been fine here alone." I say looking over to Kris who was looking through his phone. 

"Ani, I wouldn't be able to sleep knowing that you're here sleeping in one of these uncomfortable chairs alone." He said still looking down at his phone. 

"Jinjja? Not because your friend is laying in a hospital bed right now?" I ask

"I have a feeling he's going to be okay. They haven't given us any bad news yet. And it's normal for him to be sleeping right now. I would be a little more worried if he was still awake. He needs to rest. When his body is ready he'll wake up." he replied looking over to me. 

"Nee.. it's just-" I started to say being cut off by my stomache growling. 

"Mwoh? What was that?" Kris said looking at me. 

"It was nothing!" I state trying to casual cover my stomach in hopes that it won't repeat the noises. 

"When was the last time you had something to eat?" he asked putting his phone away. 

"Uhh.. around 5? Maybe 6?" I reply remembering that I should contact E.DEN soon. 

"Jinjja? it's almost 1am now. I could go get us something from the store around the corner?" he asked smiling at me. I love Kris' smile. Sometimes he looks like a weirdo but sometimes he looks so sweet. 

"Jinjja? Could I come with you?" I ask 

"Kaja." he smiled motioning for me to follow. 

We walked down to a tiny convienent store right down the street from the hospital. Kris bought us both instant ramen and a cup of hot chocolate. We both saved our noodles to eat when we got back to the waiting room. 

After several hours had passed of talking and actually enjoying each others company we had finally fallen asleep. A nurse who was currently taking care of Lay had come by to inform us that he had woke up and that we could go see him if we wanted to. 

When we got to the room he was plugged into a few machines. They were probably just IVs to keep him hydrated but it never gets easy seeing someone you care about hooked up to machines. 

"Jaemi!" He said smiling at me. "I'm glad you're here. Do you want some of my breakfast? I can't really eat all of this food." 

"Jinjja? Shouldn't you eat all of this to help get our strength up?" I ask walking to the side of his bed. 

"Ani, even if I wanted all this my stomach couldn't possibly eat everything." He replied looking over all the food that was placed in front of him. "Plus, it's hospital food. When I get discharged we should go get some real food." 

"Arrasso." I chuckle. "I know you just woke up but did they say how long you were going to have to stay?" 

"Ani, they did say that I bumped my head hard enough to have knocked myself out for a good while though." He chuckled rubbing the back of his head.

"Did you break anything?" I ask looking over his body. 

"Ne, my arm is broken and my ankle is twisted. Thankfully it wasn't anything more serious though." He replied showing me his arm.

"Nee." I replied looking at his arm. "You're going to let me sign this first though right? I know when the boys get here they're going to want to sign it." 

"Ahh.. Ne. Do you want to sign it now?" He asked looking for something to write with. "I had a sharpie in my jacket pocket. It could have fallen out but where are my clothes?" 

"I have something in my bag." I reply looking through my bag. 

"By the way, you kind of look like crap. How long have you been here?" He bluntly asked. 

"Yah! I look like this because of you!" I reply 

"Jinjja? Mianhe. Make sure to fix your hair and make up before you leave today, okay?" Lay joked

"Arrasso, umma." I joke back causing him to laugh. 

Just as I finish signing his cast Kris finally comes back. 

"Where is everyone else?" Lay asks looking for the rest of the members. 

"Kris was here with me all night last night." I replied before Kris could. 

"Jinjja? You two stayed here all night.. together?" Lay asked looking between us both.

"Ne, why?" Kris asked curious about how Lay responded. 

"It's nothing. I'm just surprised. The atmosphere doesn't feel heavy like usual." Lay said diverting his attention back to his food. 

"Well everyone else will be here in 30 minutes." Kris informed us. 

"Arrasso." Lay responded as his nurse came back into the room to check on him. 

After she finished checking the machines to make sure everything was still looking normal she asked him how he was feeling. 

"Well everything looks normal Mr. Zhang. How are you feeling?" She asks

"I'm feeling well." Lay replied. 

"Good. You don't need anything before I leave?" She asks. 

"Ani, I'm fine. Thank you." Lay repsonded once again. 

"Excuse me, do you know when he's going to be discharged?" I ask catching her at the door. 

"Well everything seems to look okay as of right now. But he probably won't be discharged until tomorrow morning at the earliest." She replied. 

"Ahh.. jinjja? Thanks" I smile looking back towards Lay who was talking to Kris now. 

"Mmm." She replied bowing and taking her leave. 

I went back to stand next to the bed. 

"She says the earliest they'll discharge you is tomorrow morning." I inform them.

"Jinjja? I was hoping for later tonight. I have to spend another night here?" He asked looking disappointed. 

"Ne, but I'll be here with you so you don't have to spend the entire evening alone." I smile 

"Ani, you've already been here all night you should probably go home tonight." He replied. 

"hmm... I would rather be here. I'll go home to shower but I'm coming back." I state. 

"Aniyo." He replied

"I don't care what you say I'm coming back." I say

"Jinjja? Arrasso." He said 

It wasn't much longer until the rest of the members came by to check on him. They didn't stay too long because they had early schedules the next day. After they left Kris and I both went wiith them. They dropped me off at my house where I went to take a shower and grab a couple things to help kill the time. Like my phone charger. When I got back to the hospital the nurse had told me that he had just fallen asleep. I took that time to call his CEO and let him know that I would be more than willing to take him back to their dorms in the morning and that he didn't have to worry about sending someone for him. He agreed that it would be okay. 

As it got later the nurse asked if I would be staying the night. I told her I planned to so she brought me a blanket and pillow. The recliner in the room wasn't too bad. I was out in no time. When I woke the daylight was just now starting to creep through the window. 

"Goodmorning! Did you sleep well?" Lay said smiling with his breakfast laid out in front of him. 

"Neee. This chair was a lot more comfortable than I thought it was going to be." I say stretching. 

"Jinjja? Well that's good. So they said that everything was still looking good and that I would be discharged probably within the next hour. You're my ride? I called CEO already and he said that you were dropping me off at the dorms." He a=said taking a sip of his milk. 

"Neee." I said still trying to wipe the sleep from my eyes. 

"Good. I was thinking we should go get some breakfast. I'm starving." He stated

"Mwoh? You have breakfast right in front of you." I replied looking over the meal that was sitting in front of him. 

"I know, but I wanted something else." He pouted. 

"Arrasso. Are you buying breakfast for us then?" I asked jokingly. 

"Ne, I will." He said pushing the food aside. 

As the hour came to pass he was finally discharged. After he changed his clothes that he members had brought for him to change into when he leaves we headed out. He gave me the directions of a cafe that was kind of secluded. It wasn't a very busy place, one of those kind of cafes where they have regulars. 

After breakfast he still wasn't ready to go back yet so we went and sat by the river. 

"So how did your date go the other night?" He asked as he watched the water

"It went okay. I really like him. He's sweet." I replied 

"Jinjja? That's good. Kris seems different lately too. I noticed you two weren't fighting constantly like you usually do." He said 

"Nee. He has been different."

As we sat in silence I kept finding my mind drifting to Kris. He did seem really different lately. I don't know what has caused the change. Maybe it was the fact that he seen that I was talking with someone new. He could have been jealous, but he isn't one to act very civil when he gets jealous. Maybe it was that this time

I had made clear that I really had no intentions of taking him back.. at first.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello! Updating all my stories today! :D 

I decided to do a double update. Did you guys notice?

Why? Because I don't feel like these chapters were very good, I need to do some writing exercises. haha

Anyways, because I was so unsatisfied you guys get two chapters of bad.

I actually rewrote this one chapter like 3 times.

This was the best in my opinion. Three different ways this could have went.