Chapter 2

E.DEN or Kris?

Instead of replying I went on scrolling through other updates. The name still running through my head I decide since I have some time to kill I should go and check out his profile a little more. The last time I checked there wasn't a picture set for his default. But now he appears to be online. I've never really been the shy type so it didn't take me long to send him a message. 

"I'm terrible with names and you don't have a picture up, so since you commented as if we knew each other... who are you?" 

After sending the message I went to go and see what Kris has been up to lately. Irregardless of the fact that all he does is make me mad, I'm still interested with what goes on in his life. 

My laptop makes a soft "ping" noise and there's a new message waiting for me in my inbox. 

"Jaemi! Get off that computer and come help me fix the table!" My mom yells from the kitchen. 

Forgetting immediately that I had a message, I shut the computer off and get up to go help her. Just as we finish setting the table my dad get's home from work. 

"Daddy!!" I chirp running to give him a hug.  

When I reach him he has a guest with him. Which would explain the extra plate. Stopping dead in my tracks when I see him, I apologize for my awkward behavior. 

He just nods at me with a smile to aknowledge my apology. 

"Jamie, this is my close friend from our college days. He just recently got hired at our firm and is a new co-worker." My dad tells me taking off his jacket and motioning for the man to give him his jacket as well. 

"Annyeonghaseyo Mr. Park. It's nice to meet a close friend of daddy's" I say bowing to him. 

He bows in return. "Hello Jaemi,  it's nice to finally meet you. Your father speaks a lot about you." 

"Jaemi, will you go upstairs and wash up. We'll be starting dinner soon." My mother says joining the reunion in the doorway. 

On my way to join them in the sitting room I hear them speaking softly to one another, so softly you could call it a loud whisper. Wanting to hear a little more of what they are saying I stop on the staircase where I used to sit and listen to the television when my parents would send me to bed for school.

"You don't think she's too young?" mother says.

"Ani! She's just the right age. If we wait much longer she'll end up with some hoodlum like that last guy she was dating." my father replies. 

"My son would be perfect for her. He already has a job that pays well, he is caring, he can cook, and he has all his playing out of the way." Mr. Park chimes in. 

"What are they doing right now??" I whisper to myself. "Are they seriously going to pick someone for me?" I know that there is nothing I can do if they set up a marriage for me. I could never go against my father's orders.   

"I don't know yet. I would really like to have some time to think more about it. Do you really think this is the right thing to do? We should wait to make sure she doesn't already have someone in her life." my mother tries to reason with them. 

"Honey, let's not take too long to reply." I hear my father reply. 

I stand up and fix my dress, sitting like that crumpled it a little. "Aish! Seriously those people! Are they afraid I won't find anyone? I'm still young." I say to myself as I take heavy steps down the stairs. Signalling to them that I was coming, I was trying to avoid the awkwardness of walking in on their conversation. 

After dinner, daddy and Mr. Park went to sit in daddy's office. I helped mother with the dishes and cleaning up. Still thinking about what I overheard before dinner I decided to see what information I could get out of her. 

"Does Mr. Park have any children?" I ask casually as I dry a plate and place it in the cupboard. 

"Ne, he has a one son." She rinses a plate handing it to me. 

"Oh? Is he a student?" I reply drying the plate and putting it in the cupboard as well. 

"Ani, he is a year older than you are. Could you go pick up the cloth from the table and put it in the hamper? I can finish up here." 

Being shooed away I went to do as asked and went back to the computer. She's never liked my help in the kitchen. When I turn on the screen there are two messages from 'Park Hyungjin'. I click on the message to open it. 

"I'm E.DEN. Is this your idea of flirting? Pretending you have forgotten me. I just made this also. I'll update it soon!" 

"Did I chase you away? My charm is really just overbearing, I know. ;)"

"Aish.. This guy." I say under my breath. 

"E.DEN? Hmmm.. you know I think I do remember an E.DEN. You were the guy from the place, right? ;)" 

I go to check if he's still online. When I hear another 'ping'. Feeling eager to see what the message says I go to open it immediately. 

"Oh.. I think you got the wrong E.DEN. If you met me you would remember every single second. ;)" he replied. 

Wow. That was actually really spot on. I do remember everything about that so much. 

"Well, I guess since it turns out that I actually don't know you, I'll go first then. c-ya!" 

'ping'

"Playing hard to get, huh? I like that. ;)" 

As I sit there blushing at the screen my mom managed to sneak up behind me. Seeing how she has never been the suspicious type she didn't even bother looking at the screen. 

"RAHH!" She said in a loud but soft voice. Causing me to jump 10 feet out of my chair. 

"AISH! What the!? You scared me!" I shout turning to face her. 

"WOW! I really got you! Your face is so red though. Usually when people get scared they go pale." She smiled rubbing my shoulder as if trying to comfort me. 

"Ani! Don't you think it's a little warm in here? It's causing my face to turn red. Maybe I'll take a step outside to cool off a little." I say hitting the little red 'x' and turning off the screen.

After I left my parents house I went home to find the piece of paper that had E.DEN's ID wrote on it to continue our conversation. 

A week or two has passed by now and we've been talking almost everyday. He has practice in the mornings so I get a 'Goodmorning' as well as a few replies throughout his practice. Then when it nears 3:00 pm he replies quicker. I'm finding myself liking him a little more with every day that passes that we spend talking to each other. I haven't been able to tell this to anyone, seeing how Lay is basically my only friend. 

EXO has another show tonight, and of course I recieved an invite from Lay. When I arrive I go straight to their dressing room and without even knocking I walk right in. It's been awhile since I've really been able to talk to Lay so I was looking forward to seeing him. Making my rounds first giving everyone the little snacks I brought for them, making sure to let Kris know that his was not made with love. 

The entire time that I'm sitting in their dressing room I'm replying to E.DEN and showing Lay my phone frequently. I told him about how I overheard my parents talking about arranging me a marriage and how they think Kris is a hoodlum. Saving the best part for last I told him all about E.DEN. 

Hearing our animated conversation and hearty laughter Kris decides to join us taking a seat next to me and wrapping his arm around my shoulder. 

"Who have you been texting all evening? Did you get a new boyfriend already?" He asked reaching for my phone. 

"Even if I did, what business is it of yours?" I asked hiding my phone in my pocket. 

"It wouldn't be good for your image to be dating someone so soon after our break up. Your little brain must have already forgotten that you're in the spotlight just as much as I am now."  He said bringing his finger to tap the tip of my nose. 

"Ani! What do you care of my image anyways!?" I say slapping his hand away from my face. 

"Just lookin out for you, babe. Besides, any guy that is interested in dating you has some big shoes to fill." He smirked 

"Yah! Don't call me 'babe'! And any guy interested in dating me would just have to show up to our date and he's surpassed you." I say throwing his arm from my shoulders. 

"When you say things like that it makes me think you must have really been hurt by that. I tried to make it up to you though. It's just too bad that you missed out on my offer to take you back." He said standing up. 

"What are you even talking about!? I missed out? YOUR offer to take ME back? You practically be..." Kris' hand immediately found my mouth as his other hand found my wrist and I was jerked out of the room and pulled into an empty dressing room that wasn't being used that night. 

"Yah! What is your problem?!" I ask being pushed up against the wall.

"You're working hard these days to embarrass me, aren't you?" He says slapping his hand against the wall next to me. 

"You're the one always challenging me!" I reply glaring at him

"You come to our shows still and talk only to Lay. About what even? Are you talking about a guy?" he asked staring into my eyes

"What we talk about doesn't concern you anymore, Kris." I look away from his stare. 

"Everything you do concerns me..." He said looking away from me.

"Yah.. why are you being like this?" I ask watching his face

"I've talked to you a thousand times now about it and you stand in front of me pretending to act like you don't know why I get so upset with you?" he said walking away from me. 

"You act like a jerk to me when we're together. You act as if I don't matter. You leave me standing alone on the street, at a restaurant, at the movie theatre, in the park.. Do you know how many movies I've watched alone? How many times I've ate alone in fancy restaurants? How many times I've walked alone in the park?" I ask not really expecting an aswer. 

"I told you I would do better! I told you I would treat you better! I mean it. Can't you give me another chance? Nobody even really knows we broke up." He asks coming back to me. 

"Ani, Kris. I can't even count on one hand how many times you've said that to me." I said looking away from him. 

He placed two fingers on my chin turning me to face him. "Let me prove to you that I mean it this time." 

"Ani.. I feel nothing for you anymore. You should just give up." I reply closing my eyes so I don't have to look at his sad face anymore. 

"How can you say you have no feelings for me? Where did they go? You're lying." His voice turned to a whisper. I can feel his breath on my lips and then he goes completely silent. And in a seconds time he presses his lips to mine running his hand along my jaw to grip the back of my neck.  

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

UPDATE!!

Hope you guys are enjoying the story! Subscribe, comment and upvote if you like. 

Thanks for reading! (^^)