Chapter 1

Will Love Save Me or Will I Be Forever Lost ??

It was a Saturday afternoon, you & kai were hanging out at kai’s house…one of your favourite places, since you grew up with kai and his family you called his house your second home..

You and kai  were in kai’s room listening to music and having a laugh

“jess check out this move” kai said with a smile on his face and showed you his new move

“teach me teach me” you say clapping your hands with excitement , you enjoyed watching kai dance as he was amazing, he would often teach you moves and together you would do little dance routines ..

“kids im going out, please behave and don’t eat all the food in the house” kai’s mum said poking her head around the door

“we wont” you and kai say together with sweet smiles on your faces

“you wont behave or you wont eat all the food?” kai’s mum questioned

“we wont eat all the food” you both say together

Kai’s mum knows all to well what you two are like when your together..

After dancing for a while you became tired, you didn’t have the same energy as kai..

“how about we watch a movie” you suggest

“only if we can make food aswell” kai replies

You smile , giving kai his answer and both head towards the kitchen..

“im choosing the movie” you say

“what…no way you chose last time”

“well I have better taste then you”

“yeah only when it comes to movies” kai smirks

“what..everrr”

“what..everrr” kai mocks you in a girly tone, which makes you playfully hit his arm

 

Quarter way into the movie you slump back into the sofa

“im full” you say resting a hand on your belly

Kai is still stuffing his face

“ya where do you put all that food?” you ask

“in my belly…where else”

“very funny…ive never known anyone to be so slim and eat so much and you never gain weight….i only have to look at a piece of cake and I gain weight”

“that’s because you don’t know anyone as cool as me…and you don’t gain weight ..your just as slim” kai smiles

“do you think there is life on other planets?” you ask

Kai stops eating and stares at you

“ok that question deserves a cookie point”

“what..no it don’t, it was a normal question” you argue

“no way was that normal jess, ok what was the next question you was going to ask me?.....i bet it’s a cookie point” he says with confidence

You bite your lip thinking about if its worth risking a cookie..

“would you visit if you could?” you say quietly

“see cookie point” kai says then shoves another mouthful of food in his mouth

“fine…but still answer my questions”

“ I don’t know if there is….maybe…..but who knows and if there was then I guess I would visit..id be curious to see what its like……if I answer yours correctly then that’s another cookie point”

“aniya..at this rate I will never get a cookie..thats not fair kai”

“it is”

“is not”

“is so”

“stop trying to steal all my cookies “

“then stop asking weird question that deserve cookie points” kai laughs

 

Not long after kai’s mum returns home with her hands full of shopping bags, you and kai jump up to take the load off her..

“wont eat all the food you said” kai’s mum smiled

“we didn’t..theres still some left”

“what a crumb “

“aniya omma , theres plenty still in the fridge “ kai says

“I should get going..i have some stuff to do for appa , ill see you tomorrow kai” you say and give him a cuddle

“don’t forget my cookies jess”

“I wont……ill shove them in your face” you whisper the last bit

“I heard that” kai calls out

“see you tomorrow Jessie” kai’s mum calls out

“see you tomorrow”

 

Your house was next door to kai’s so he didn’t have to walk you home, most of the time he would stand outside of his front door and wait for you to get into your house before he headed back inside but as he was busy he didn’t…

“jessie is that you?” your appa called out

“nae its me appa…who else would it be?” you giggled

“kai….hes always letting himself in” he giggled at the memory of the first time kai walked into your house, as you two are best friends he didn’t feel the need to knock…he also scared your appa when he walked in …

“you know what hes like” you say while pouring out a glass of water

“I do….hes a good boy..he will make a great husband “ your appa smiles at you

“appa we had this talk …hes my friend , nae he would make a great husband..to someone else”

“ok..but I can still hope….lets prepare dinner and surprise your omma”

You enjoyed spending time with your dad , he was a great guy , always smiling, laughing and telling silly jokes just to make you laugh , he was the perfect dad.

“what are we going to do for omma’s birthday?” you asked

“hmmmm , well I thought we could go for a nice meal “

“sounds good..oh we have to get her a cake, ill drag kai out to help me pick one and to find her the perfect present “ you smile

“poor kai” your dad jokes

“poor kai?....poor kai is stealing all my cookies…I think he cheats”

“he wouldn’t do that”

“appa kai can do no wrong in your eyes” you laugh

“what can I say…..hes a great kid , hes been really good to you , he looks out for you…I know that when your with him your safe…do you know what he said to me when we brought you home?”

“im going to steal all of her cookies” you joke

“hahaha aniya, he said ‘I will look after her don’t you worry..whenever im with her I will protect her I promise’……and he has kept that promise ever since”

“he said that?......kai never breaks a promise”

This was the first time you heard of kai’s promise and it made your friendship  100 times stronger , you would also do anything for him , after all he was the first friend you made when you came to your new home.

 

Your mum was making her way to the house , she made it just in time to see you and your dad putting the food on the table.

“what’s all this?”

“surpriseeeee” you smile

“for me?”

“yup ..well for all of us but me and appa wanted to surprise you with it , you cook all the time so we wanted to cook for once”

“kamsahamnida ..this is great , you both did very well”

Dinner time was one of your favourite times not only because you got to eat great food but you loved spending the time with your parents, when you were in the orphanage meal time was spent sitting in rows, everyone talking over each other,to you it should have been a time to enjoy together but no one was interested in that.

“so omma its your birthday soon…do you know what you want?”

“oh aniya please don’t trouble yourself with buying me gifts…having my family around me is my gift”

“but you have to have a gift…that’s what you do on birthdays…kai said that it’s a special time for the person whos birthday it is to be showered with love and shown how much they mean to people….its your special day”

“kai has a lot to say about a lot of things” your mum giggled

“still think kai’s husband material?” you ask you dad

“of course….kai is a very meaningful kid , he has a great mind”

You roll your eyes at how much your father thinks of kai , you don’t disagree with him , infact to you kai is one of the most gentle , ,sweetest,caring and crazy people you know but of course your father thinks kai is suited to be your husband..

 

After dinner and once you have cleaned up to head to your room , putting music on and relaxing on your bed , you decided to look at the photo album your parents brought you , the first picture was the first one you ever took with you and your new parents (well kai had took the picture) you smiled at the memory , flicking through you couldn’t help but smile at the pictures , they were mostly of your parents, you and your parents, one of kai’s parents and a family photo of kai’s family then the middle page was of you and kai , your mom made a promise to herself that every birthday of yours she would take a picture of you and kai, so you could look back on it and see how you have both changed…..

You close the album as there were no more pictures to see but still plenty of room for you to add more..you smiled at the front cover it was purple with silver swirls over it….

When your parents had come to meet the children at the orphanage they read some of your paper work and was shown some of the paintings you painted…your father had asked why almost everything was purple and was told it was your favourite colour that’s why they had brought you a purple photo album..

You placed the album on your bed side table and layed down closing your eyes listening to the music..

 

You decided you wanted to try and sketch a design for your mum’s birthday cake, so you sat up and towards your dressing table which held all your drawing stuff…

Once you had it you sat back on your bed but noticed your album weren’t in the same place you had put it..

“hmmm…that’s strange I thought I put it here” you say then reinact your movements when you placed it…

“where is it?”

You looked on the floor , maybe it fell…..not there

You looked under your bed…..not there

Then you see it on the side of your dresser which is on the other side of your room

“how did it get over there?......maybe im tired ..ill draw this then sleep”

 

After you were happy with your design you turned your music off and went to sleep…unaware that you were not alone

There was someone in the room with you and that someone  was very mischivious and loved playing pranks…