Chapter 1-A

Keeping Love Again

Steady.. Taeyeon thought a second before her vocal chords burst.

She took a deep breath, and sang the highest note on the thrid act's finale song, "Good Day." The words I'm in my dream came out of , the three octaves of high notes was executed out perfectly for nine seconds, just as how she rehearsed it.

The song ended, and the cast left the stage for the final act. The whole audience went silent. They were in awe with her capability to still sing really high notes after three whole acts. They were glued to their seats, anticipating what might happen next.

The curtains opened after a while, and the final act began.

"Anji ya.." The person that she has loved for many years called her on the phone. "Before I leave for war.. I would like to tell you something.."

Tears were falling from Taeyeon's eyes. All of the pain that she had to go through in order for her to be near her unrequited love was going to fade in a blink of an eye.

"What is it?" She asked, trying not to sound as if she was crying.

"Anji.. I-.. I love you.. I always have.. Ever since we were in college.." Her best friend who had made her shed tears for years suddenly confessed his love for her. "It's okay for us to stay as best friends.. I have prepared myself to be rejected.." Her best friend sounded as if he wanted to toss his phone outside the bus that he was riding on.

All these years, Taeyeon had been enduring the pain in her heart, unaware that the person the she loved had the same feelings for her.

"I-.." Her breathing turned heavy. "Goodbye."

Without second thought, she pressed the end call button on her phone, and fell on her knees, crying.

The stage became dark. The curtains were pulled back. The loud applauses began to resound inside the theatre.

Taeyeon, at the backstage was nervous.

Not just nervous.

Very nervous.