What happens when Buin drives

Daily Happenings

Seohyun has never failed to amaze people with her hunger for learning, and her ability to do well in things she has decided to invest her time in. She puts in effort and makes sure she does her best before applying it to her daily life. However, there is just one thing that she can never seemed to be able to master…

“Hyun, I don’t think you actually drive as bad as you did on ‘The TTS Show’ right? You must be feeling really nervous with everyone crowding around the car and the cameras filming you.” Yonghwa said after watching the broadcast with her on their couch. Seohyun shrugged her shoulders as she avoided talking about it. Did she really felt nervous because of all these factors that her husband has just pointed out? Or was it because she was afraid that she might run down one of her fans accidentally while reversing? She could not comprehend.

“Let’s take a short road trip to the village!” Yonghwa suggested. “You can practice driving with me, I can guide you slowly without teasing you.” He added, trying to help her regain her confidence. “Really? You will do that for me?” Seohyun’s eyes brightened up, of course she would accept her husband’s suggestion. It is not an everyday thing that she gets to drive while someone looks out for her. Her members and managers have forbid her to even get onto the driver’s seat, needless to say, to even touch the steering wheel. She was secretly feeling a little frustrated and unfair despite only laughing it off when they made fun of her.

“I’m going to show them I can actually drive!” Seohyun announced as she stood up and began to get ready for the road trip Yonghwa suggested. She took the picnic mat out of their storeroom, and began preparing some sandwiches and drinks. Feeling a little too excited to be given such an opportunity. Yonghwa smiled at his wife’s excitement, glad that he came up with this idea to cheer her up a little. Even Heechul was telling him that he should not let Seohyun drive, but he did not believe anyone. His wife does well in everything, and driving would not be an exception.

“Let’s go Yong~!!” Seohyun skipped out of their bedroom, all dressed and ready. He nodded as he helped her carry her basket as they made way to her car. They have decided to use her car since it is much smaller and she would at least be more used to it by now. She opened the car’s door happily and settled down. “Safety belt, done!” She happily said. “Oppa! Your safety belt!” She reminded. After getting the green light from Yonghwa that he was ready, she began to release the hand break and the foot break as they began to exit from the carpark.

Being a little over excited, she accidentally stepped on the accelerator a little too hard, resulting in their back hitting the seat rest after jerking forward when she stepped the break suddenly to slow down.

Seohyun took awhile to recover from the shock together with Yonghwa. She then slowly turned her head to look at Yonghwa. “Y-yong…are you alright?” She said slowly, feeling apologetic for scaring him like that. “I’m fine Hyun, don’t be nervous, just do it like how you have practiced before.” He encouraged. “O-okay… I will go slowly from now.” She said.

And she did. They were travelling at 50km/h on the highway and other drivers were busy overtaking them. Thank God they were on the slow lane else they would have been verbally abused by other drivers. “Hyun..speed up a little. Maybe at least 80km/h?” He suggested. “Okay.” Seohyun gave short answers as she tried to focus on the road. Her nostrils were expanding at the same time. She took a little more time to speed up, but still managed to after a few minutes.

Everything was good until a car suddenly cut into their lane abruptly without any signal and Seohyun pulled an emergency break suddenly, while Yonghwa once again was jerked forward and back to the seat rest. ‘Thank God for seatbelts.’ He thought. “Oppa!!!” She exclaimed. “Oh my god.. I’m so sorry, he gave me a shock.” She said, a little breathless. “Do you want me to take over?” Yonghwa asked, afraid that his question would hurt her feelings, but he feared for their safety as well. “I…I think it’s alright, I will try again.” She said, determined to reach the village on her own. “Alright, now, look ahead, and check the mirrors from time to time, especially when you’re going to switch lanes, okay?” Yonghwa said patiently.

The whole journey was pretty smooth, with not much jerking and all, but they took double the time to reach their destination. Well at least they managed to reach there safely. Yonghwa was famished and he quickly put the mat anywhere and began digging into the sandwich Seohyun made.

“Yong..what do you think of my driving?” Seohyun suddenly asked as they were eating halfway. Yonghwa paused a little, looking up from his sandwich and hesitated as to whether or not to tell her the truth. “It’s alright, I will accept any comments. Good or bad.” Seohyun urged him. Deep inside, she knew the answer very well.

“It’s…not that bad, at least we got here without any mishap. But to save time in the future, I am willing to be your chauffeur for life.” Yonghwa said nicely, trying to lessen any possible misunderstanding Seohyun might have since she may be feeling sensitive now. “I know Yong…” Seohyun sighed. Honestly, she knew she could not really drive well. It has been five years since she had gotten her driving license but the number of times she actually drove was countable using just her fingers. “I will keep practicing, one day, I will improve!” She exclaimed. “Yes you will, you definitely will Hyun.” Yonghwa pat her head and pulled her next to him, kissing her forehead while they look over the beautiful scenery ahead of them.

“Yong…so who’s driving back later? Should I? I’m sure I will do better now.” Seohyun suddenly mentioned after awhile.

“Uhm Hyun…it’s already 7PM. And we have schedules early in the morning tomorrow.” Yonghwa said, trying to not hurt her feelings by telling her that if she drives, they might not reach home early to rest.

“But Oppa..it’s my chance to learn right? I’m going do this seriously!” Seohyun stood up, filled with determination once again. Yonghwa closed his eyes and laughed silently, because Seohyun is his wife, he’s willing to forsake sleep for her.
 

 What do you guys think about Seohyun's driving skills? Hehehe! Hope you enjoy this one!