Jealousy: Another Side Of Her

Daily Happenings

Yonghwa has been busy with his solo debut for ‘One Fine Day’ which he had pulled countless of all-nighters to prepare for. Despite the lack of time for Seohyun, she was always understanding and even prepared some healthy snacks for him to fill his tummy if he do not have much time to have a proper meal. 

However, Seohyun’s patience and understanding ran thin. While she was surfing the net to monitor her husband’s performance and comments, she chanced upon some comments by netizens that made her flinched. It was Yonghwa taking a picture with the girl that appeared in his ‘One Fine Day’ MV and netizens were busy commenting on how compatible the two of them were. Some even wished the two of them were together instead. Seohyun knew that she should not be too mindful of netizen’s comments, since she herself is an idol. But when it is things regarding her husband, she would unknowingly become more sensitive.

Scrutinizing the photo uploaded by the reporter, she tried to relate to their comments by looking at them from a third party’s perspective. They indeed look together. Undoubtedly, her husband is handsome, and the girl…as much as she did not want to admit, she is indeed pretty. Besides, they were from the same company, surely this was not the first time they have seen each other. And of all, they even have a kiss scene where Yonghwa even showed his eye smile. The more Seohyun thought about it, the angrier she gets. She decided to stop bothering and close the browser. 

Seohyun’s phone beeped and she saw a message sent by Yonghwa. ‘Hyun~ what are you doing? Have you eaten? I’m coming back soon!’ However, Seohyun decided to ignore his message even though it was not his fault. She needed some time to cool down. ‘Seo Joohyun…you are already married to the one and only Jung Yonghwa!’ She thought to herself. ‘Hyun~Are you asleep??’ Another message came in. Seohyun decided that she will prepare dinner for the two of them to forget that little struggle she had with herself.

===

“Hyun! I’m home!” Yonghwa announced as he closed the door and removed his shoes. He could smell the dinner from the kitchen and he knew that his wife was there. He then back hugged her while she was busy stirring the kimchi stew. “I’m home, Buin-ie!” He whispered as he kissed her cheek from the back. “Hey…” Seohyun said, her tone was a little restless, trying to adjust her feelings back to before she saw those comments.

“I’m so hungry, when can we eat?” He asked, still not letting go of her. “We can start to eat when you let me go from your arms to set the table.” She joked a little. “Is that so? Then I’m afraid we’re not going to have dinner, because I’m not planning to let you out of my arms.” He replied cheesily. “Aish.” Seohyun lifted her elbow to threaten him then he immediately loosens his hold on her. 

After ten minutes, they finally settled down and started to dig in. “Hyun, have you watched my performances?” He asked. Seohyun hesitated a little before replying. “Yes, I did. You were amazing as usual.” She complimented him. Yonghwa grinned happily whenever Seohyun praises him, while Seohyun kept quiet and continued eating.

“Is something bothering you?” He asked, aware of her slightly gloomy tone. “A-ani..” Seohyun denied, it was after all her own feelings bothering her, not anything that Yonghwa did. “Hurry! Tell me! There must be something that made you act like that.” Yonghwa insisted. “Hurry!!” After pestering her for awhile, Seohyun gave up as she put her utensils down. “I….I read netizens comments regarding your One Fine Day MV…” She finally confessed. “Uh huh..” Yonghwa said as he continued staring at her, waiting for her to continue. “And…I don’t like what they have said.” She explained slowly. “Is that why you’re so gloomy?” He asked her caringly. Seohyun nodded her head, as though she felt a little ashamed for having such thoughts.

“Come over here my silly Buin.” Yonghwa said as he tapped his thighs and spread his arms, welcoming her to sit on his lap. Seohyun stood up as she put her right leg over Yonghwa’s laps and sat on his thighs, facing him. Yonghwa then squeezed her cheeks a little with both of his hands. “Is she really pretty? Does she suits you more than me?” Seohyun mumbled softly. “Silly silly Buin…Of course you’re prettier, no matter what they say.” He repeated. “Stop reading those comments. Stop reading those articles.” He told her. “There will always be people out there saying whatever because they are not us. They are not people who care about us. They are just commenting based on that article and those photos. They don’t know about us.” He said to Seohyun as he kissed her forehead, her cheeks, her nose, her eyes then her lips.

Hugging her tight like a mother to her baby, he rocked side to side to make her feel better. “If only I can use you as my MV’s lead, but we would probably do more than just kissing.” Yonghwa smirked a little. “Yong!” Seohyun lifted her head from Yonghwa’ shoulders and hit his arm lightly. “Are you feeling better now?” Yonghwa asked. Seohyun nodded her head again. “Hmm I wonder if I will pacify my daughter just like how I’m doing to her mom right now.” He joked. Seohyun scowled a little then laughed. Such thoughts were indeed nice. “I love you Hyun.” Yonghwa said seriously as he pecked her on her lips again.

Seohyun felt really warm in her heart. She secretly thank God for giving her such a wonderful husband that loves her so much. Thanking fate for letting them to be in We Got Married together which eventually led to what they are now.


I secretly feel that Seohyun also acts like a kid when she's feeling upset, not just Yonghwa. She's afterall human, she has feelings and her fair share of bad days too. It is quite normal to lose your senses and rationality when you're in a relationship, normal to act like a needy child once in awhile.