Jealousy: Warding Off Others

Daily Happenings

CNBLUE has just finished their first world tour and Yonghwa had the priority to have a one-week rest. It was a bonus to them since one-week of no schedules was nearly something impossible. But with s venturing into other fields to broaden their entertainment skills, each of them began to have a little more free time after the band activities halts for a week. 

However, Yonghwa had no individual activities except plans to start on his solo debut which is after the break. He had nothing to do while his wife was busy preparing for her musical and fan meets so he was feeling a little left out and grouchy..exactly like a man who is jobless. (Remember s mentioned in WGM about men should be the ones outside working)

He was so bored, he called Seohyun and texted her every hour despite knowing she may not have the time to read and answer his calls. He missed her terribly and he wished she also had the week off to accompany him.  

“Yong, my phone’s battery is dying and it was still 100% before I started rehearsing. Because of you.” Seohyun said as she finally returned his call five hours after his first message. “Hyun….what time are you coming back?” He asked, his voice bored and gloomy. “I have one more round of rehearsal to go, then I can finally go home. Perhaps six more hours?” She answered. “What! You’ve been out till 7am, it’s already 2pm. Please don’t tell me you’re coming home after 10pm.” Yonghwa said. “It’s not like you’re not used to it Yong, besides, this is a norm. You’re always back after 2-3am and never once did I complained like you.” She said, amused by Yonghwa’s frustration. Yonghwa sighed as he nodded his head. “Alright, I will prepare supper for you. Faster come back! Hurry up!!” He whined. “Ne Yong~ Looking forward to your supper!” She smiled as they hung up the phone. 

Yonghwa decided to look up on Youtube for some recipes to follow but distracted when he saw a recommended video to watch. It was a preview of Seohyun’s musical and there were clips on the highlight – the dreadful kiss scene with three of the main actors. He zoomed and scrutinize each scene captures to see if their lips really touched and a huge wave of jealousy washed over him. How dare they kiss his wife! Then he had to calm down and remind himself that it was just work and no real feelings were invested in this.

Yonghwa knew he should not be complaining when he himself has acted in dramas that required kiss scenes. But the thought of other guys kissing his wife makes his blood boil. They were forcing Seohyun to kiss them! He thought, childishly fully aware that it was just the script they were following. After cooling down a little, he went to his car and drove to the nearest supermarket to get ingredients for supper tonight.

===

“Are you coming back already?” Yonghwa asked as Seohyun picked up the phone. It was already 9.30pm. “Yup, manager unnie is fetching me back now. What are we having for supper? I’m famished.” Seohyun asked. Yonghwa grinned happily and said “You will know when you come back. Hurry!!” He exclaimed. After a while, Yonghwa heard the door unlock and he ran over to the living room to greet her. “Annyeong our buin, you have worked hard.” He said as he went up to give her a hug and then a peck on her lips. “You look y with that eye makeup.” He commented. Seohyun chuckled a little as she put down her bags and removed her shoes then made her way to the kitchen, with Yonghwa following behind her.

“So what’s for supper?” She asked, looking at the covered dishes. Yonghwa made his way to the table as he stretched to open the first dish. “Garlic Chicken!” Yonghwa introduced. “Onion salad. Garlic Mushroom Soup!” He said the last one. Giving a very satisfied and proud smile to his wife. 

“W-wow…you prepared all of these?” Seohyun asked and she made her way to the chair. “But why are all of these garlic onion garlic and…goguma?” She commented, raising her eyebrow while eyeing him. She was sure he was up to no good. “Isn’t all these your favorite? It’s healthy right?” Yonghwa said, taking his seat opposite her. “Yes oppa, but nobody eats such stuff for supper. Besides, the smell would be too strong.” She explained.

“Then those guys will stop kissing you.” He mumbled softly and quickly but she caught it. “Ya oppa, seriously!” She exclaimed in disbelief. “Alright alright, I watched your previews of your musical and…” “You were jealous so you prepared all these food.” Seohyun finished his sentence for him. “Yeah..” Yonghwa replied but not guilty. “Haven’t we talked about the kiss scenes before??Aigo…so childish our Yong-choding!” Seohyun said as she began to dig in.

“How can I not be when they kissed you so aggressively!! Your delicate lips should be treated with respect by no one other than me!” He retorted, angered at the thought of those men kissing her. “Hyun…Is it a must for them to kiss you like that? Can’t you request the director to replace the kiss with an angle shot that will…” Seohyun shoved a spoonful of garlic mushroom soup followed by a piece of garlic bread into Yonghwa’s mouth before he can continue with his suggestion. 

“Yong, but if you do this, then we would not be able to kiss tonight.” Seohyun said as she continued eating, as though it was normal to say all these. Yonghwa’s eyes widened as he almost choked on his food. He did not understand why he had not thought about this while coming up with this plan. “Thank you for the meal, Yong, I will eat a lot!” Her eyes sparkled as she smiled happily.

“Ya Hyun! Don’t eat, I will make you something else! Keep these for breakfast!!” Yonghwa tried to stop her but it was too late, she was happily tucking in as much as she could. Yonghwa sighed, this must be retribution.

===

Seohyun settled down at the dressing table as she dried her hair after showering while Yonghwa lied on the bed and played with his phone. Upon seeing her coming out, he put his book down and turn his attention towards her. “Have you used the mouth wash?” He said. “Nope, I love the smell of garlic in my mouth. Your supper gives me so much energy!” Seohyun said. “But…but if you don’t use the mouth wash, how are we going to…” Yonghwa said, unsure of how to continue. “Going to? Are we going where?” Seohyun asked innocently, looking at him for an answer. “To…..Aish I don’t care anymore.” Yonghwa walked over and carried her from her seat, putting her towel aside and place her on their bed, followed by a deep kiss.

“Hey..you used the mouth wash!” He exclaimed, looking at her accusingly for the small lie while she smiled cheekily. He went for her lips again.

No matter what Yonghwa does, he would still be under Seohyun’s mercy.

 

 
Apologise for not updating this for awhile. Been a little busy for the past ….one year or so. I really hope Daily Happenings is easy to read, and not one that will evoke too much emotions from you guys. It should be blissful…and little stories that you can relate to easily. Hopefully I can update more often now. Thank you people for still being around.