Yong Junhyung and the Performance

The Traveler: A Multidimensional Love Story

 

The fans screamed and the music blared loudly over the speakers.

“Fiction, fiction…”

You were standing off to the side watching the famous Korean boy band BEAST perform. You had absolutely no idea why the portal had brought you there, but you figured you might as well enjoy the performance. You were past the barrier that separated the stage from the fans and standing so close to BEAST that you probably could have touched them. Instead, you just watched and waited.

 

Suddenly you heard a strange creaking sound coming from the stage. Nobody else heard it, since it was too loud. Quickly you looked up- The boys were dancing in front of huge, glowing letters that spelled out B-E-A-S-T, and the letters were swaying back and forth! 

 

You ran to find anyone that could help. You grabbed the arm of a man wearing official-looking clothes. “Please!” you gasped. “The letters, they look like they’re going to fall!”

The man angrily shook you off. “Who are you?” he demanded. “How did you get back here? I’m calling security!”

You hurried away and started looking for someone else who could help. You noticed a man wearing a “manager” label. “Please listen to me! The stage is going to collapse any moment!”

He only pushed you away. “Crazy fan! Go away!”

 

You dashed back to the stage. The letters were swaying even more now, but everybody was too focused on BEAST to notice.

You noticed that although the background was swaying, BEAST were dancing too far away to get hit- except for one member- Yong Junhyung.

You couldn’t risk waiting anymore. Swiftly you jumped onstage, and tackled Junhyung, shoving him away from the collapsing background. As soon as you did this, there was a rumble and all five huge letters fell forward, creating a huge hole in the stage. You had pushed Junhyung away just in time, and all the members of BEAST were saved. 

 

Junhyung looked at you in shock. “You… you saved my life.”

The shrieks of delight from the fangirls had changed to screams of fright. Cameras flashed around you as you tried to cover your face in vain. 

The members of BEAST had gathered around you. “Who is she? Where did she come from?” Yoseob asked. 

 

Hands suddenly grabbed your arms and yanked you away from Junhyung. You looked up into an angry manager’s face. “Who are you?! How did you get past the stage barrier?”

You knew that you couldn’t be revealed as a traveler of time and space. Instead, you lied. “I- I’m a trainee! I noticed the stage looked unstable and I had to help!”

 

He scowled. “Next time, tell one of the officials. Now get back to the office buildings with the other trainees!”

You fled past the members of BEAST and into a van that would take you to the trainees dorm. 

Junhyung gazed at your running figure. “I didn’t even get to thank her…”

“I’m sure you’ll get your chance. She’s hot!” smirked Doojoon.

 

~~~~~~~~~~

 

You stared at the trainees dorm and sighed. It was a tall skyscraper, just a block away from the main entertainment offices. “Okay, I saved Junhyung,” you muttered to the air. “I no longer need to be here, and I miss HIM,” you said, thinking of your mysterious guy. 

But a glowing portal did not open in front of you. Puzzled, you repeated yourself. “My work here is done! I don’t need to be here.”

Nothing happened.

 

Frowning, you gave up on the portal for a moment and walked inside the dorm. Immediately a bunch of young female trainees mobbed you. “Unnie! You were so great saving Junhyung oppa! But how did you get to that music program anyway?”

Before you could reply, an official-looking person hurried up to you. “Yoon Daeji, there you are! WHY AREN’T YOU AT PRACTICE? Management says that you got so much publicity from this, they’re going to have you debut soon!”

 

“But I- I…” you were too shocked to reply. Obviously, this person had confused you with an actual trainee named Yoon Daeji! You shrugged and decided to go along with it. It couldn’t hurt, right?

 

It could. And it hurt, a lot! It was a few days later, and you were so sore from dance practice that you could hardly move. The maknae of the girl group that you were going to debut with giggled. “Daeji,” she said, “You used to be so good at dancing! What happened?”

You laughed, although a little bit unhappily. “I just… I really don’t think I’m supposed to be here.”

She began to reply, but gasped instead as she saw who stood in the doorway. “Yong Junhyung-sshi! Hi!!”

He smirked at her response. “I’m looking for... Yoon Daeji. Is she here?”

You realized that he must be talking about you, and stepped into view, bowing. “Annyeong-hasaeyo!”

“Annyeong,” he replied casually. “Look, I didn’t really get to thank you properly for saving my life the other day. You wanna go somewhere so I can make it up to you?”

You looked back at the maknae, worried that someone would find out. She nodded excitedly at you. “We’ll look out for you! Go have fun!”

 

As soon as you were out of earshot, Junhyung grabbed you and shoved you against the side of the building. “Look, I know who Yoon Daeji is, and you’re not her,” he hissed. “Yoon Daeji is in the country visiting her parents. Who are you?”

“I’d rather talk about this somewhere private,” you replied, looking him straight in the eye. “Now let me go.”

He hesistated, then gently let your arm go. “I’m sorry. You did save my life, after all. Wanna go out for pat bing soo?”

 

You and Junhyung settled down in a cafe, eating the sweet dessert. “Now, who are you?” he asked.

“I’m a traveler,” you said carefully, not wanting to give away too much. “I’m looking for someone that I’ve lost, someone that I love very much.”

He scoffed at this. “Love doesn’t exist. You’re wasting your time.” 

You laughed at him. “Don’t you always rap about love?”
“It’s a lie,” he retorted. 

 

Just then, a group of fangirls noticed you sitting with Junhyung. You tried to hide your face, and prepared yourself for the insults. 

“Junhyung oppa!” one cried. “What are you doing with that girl? Is she your girlfriend?”

“No, she’s the girl that saved oppa when the stage collapsed, remember?” one fangirl told her friends.

“Unnie!” they told you. “Thank you for saving Junhyung oppa! We’re okay with YOU dating him.”

“Um, thanks,” you laughed nervously. 

They bowed and left.

 

“Anyway, you only have a week to stay here,” Junhyung told you. “Yoon Daeji gets back in a week.” 

You nodded. *I should be able to figure out why I’m here in a week.*

You continued practicing with the girl group. Everyday Junhyung would stop by the practice room and take you out somewhere exploring Seoul. 

 

On the last day of the week, Junhyung took you to the Han River. “Oppa, don’t you have schedules?” you asked him as you walked along the river.

“We officially don’t start promoting until NEXT week,” he grinned at you. “You timed your traveling here just right.”

You sat down by the side of the river as he settled beside you. “Back to a more important issue,” you continued. “Oppa, why don’t you believe in love?”

He sighed. “Are we really going to discuss this…? Alright, fine. I don’t believe in love because I’ve seen to many people talk about being in love, only to break hearts or have their own hearts broken. Even some of the members in my group- they’ve had girlfriends, and every time it didn’t work out. I had a few girlfriends, in my trainee days, and every time they’d leave me.” He laughed bitterly. “One time, I found out that my girl was only dating me because she knew I was going to be famous.”

You took his hand in sympathy. “But that just means you haven’t met the right person yet! Please don’t give up yet.”

He looked at you and shook his head. “Aish, you are so stubborn!”

You laughed, ignoring him. “Look! Someone selling kites! Please can I have a kite?” you asked him.

“Alright, since you stopped me from getting crushed by my own stage I guess I can give you a kite,” he chuckled.

 

For some reason, the kite refused to get up the air. “Why won’t you FLY?!” you yelled at it, frustrated.

Junhyung couldn’t help but laugh at your struggles. “Obviously, you’re doing it wrong.” He took the kite from you, and in a few quick moves, had the kite soaring above the trees.

You gazed, openmouthed. “Show me how you do that!”

He placed the kite in your hands and gently put his arms around you, helping you to steer it. “Just pull it slowly against the wind. It flies best when there’s a strong breeze at its front, not its back.” He gazed at your face as you lit up with joy when the kite began swooping and gliding with the wind. 

“It’s so beautiful,” you said in delight.

“Yeah,” he agreed, still gazing at your face. He was close enough that, if he wanted to kiss you, he could. And at that moment, he really, really wanted to.

You realized that he was still holding you in his arms and moved away.

He looked at you, somewhat sadly. “Right, I forgot you already have a guy…”

“Mianhae, oppa,” you whispered.

 

That night, you had a vivid dream. The handsome young man who had been turned into a dog stood in front of you, looking at you wistfully. “Have you forgotten me already?”

You shook your head forcefully. “I could never forget you!”

He silently reached for you and held you close. 

You hugged him tightly. “I just wish you could have told me more,” you said.

“You need to figure some things out for yourself, my love,” he replied, and gently your hair. Then he was gone, and you found yourself reaching out for empty air.

 

The next morning, you saw Junhyung waiting for your once again. “Oppa, I’m leaving. I can’t stay here anymore.”

“What? Why?” he asked. “Did I do something wrong? Mianhae!”

You shook your head. “No. I just know that I have to go, although I’m not sure how yet.” You turned to walk away.

“Wait,” he grabbed your arm. “Please, ----------. You know how I said that I didn’t believe in love? I believe in it now! Because… because I love you.”

You looked at him in shock. First Chunji, now Junhyung? This was unbelievable!

“Stay with me,” he asked softly. “Please.”

 

“I can’t,” you replied as a tear fell. “Now that I’ve shown you that love really does exist, you don’t need me anymore.” As you spoke these words, the glowing portal once again opened for you.

You ran and hugged him goodbye. “You will find someone else to fall in love with, I promise!”

He only smiled sadly. “Not anyone like you.”

You frowned and shook him slightly. “Don’t give up hope. Promise me!”

“Alright, alright, I promise,” he said. “I’ll miss you, though!” 

“I’ll miss you too!” you called as you stepped through the portal and into another place.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

“INTRUDER. INTRUDER.” A robotic voice sounded in your ears as you tried to figure out where you were. You almost screamed as you turned towards the voice. 

A man, no, a robot, walked stiffly towards you. “Identity not authorized,” it said. “ELIMINATE. ELIMINATE. ELIMINATE.” It reached for a futuristic looking weapon as it kept coming closer and closer.

You were trapped.

 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
A/N: If you're liking the story so far, please subscribe! It would be nice to know that someone actually reads this story haha. Anyway, please comment as well! And tell me who you'd like to meet in your travels, otherwise I'll just keep making up my own guys XD Thanks so much!!