Jung Yunho and the Soldiers

The Traveler: A Multidimensional Love Story

 

You stood on the cliff, terrified as the two moons shone down. This is not where you wanted to go! Breathing deeply, you calmed yourself down and turned to climb down the cliff. Immediately a strong pair of arms wrapped around you and a hand clamped down over your mouth, preventing you from calling out. A knife was placed against your throat.

“Shut up. Not a WORD, or else they’ll know we’re here,” a man whispered into you ear. “Not a sound, or else you die, understand?”

Terrified, you nodded as he slowly removed his hand from your mouth.

“Who are you? How did you get here?” he whispered harshly. He seemed to be the same age as you, or a little bit older. His dark brown hair reflected the moonlight as his piercing eyes seemed to see right through you.

Quickly you gave your name, and told him about the portal.

He didn’t seem to be too shocked. Instead, he nodded and made sure that you were unarmed. “Follow me, ---------.”

 

The man led you to a campsite, where a group of weary soldiers rested. One soldier stood up and saluted. “Captain Yunho! Reports from the scouts indicate that the enemy is moving west to defend the castle. If we hurry, we can go through the Tung Xiao Pass and engage them in- Who is she?” he asked, referring to you.

 

The Captain, whose name you had learned was Yunho, looked at you. “I’m not quite sure,” he replied.

Another young soldier leapt up. “She’s a spy!”

“No!” you cried, horrified. “I’m not a spy! I don’t even know where I am. Why are you fighting?”

Yunho looked at you strangely. “You really don’t know? We are soldiers in the King’s Royal Army. The king’s daughter has been stolen away by his evil brother, and now we must rescue her.”

“Captain Yunho,” a soldier said, “We need to move NOW.”

Yunho quickly came to a decision. “Alright,” he said to you. “We’re gonna take you with us. But one wrong move, one little action that proves to me that you are the enemy, and you are dead, understand?”

You nodded, wide eyed. 

“Changmin!” Yunho called. “Ready the horses! The men that kidnapped the princess are on the move, so if we ride quickly through the pass, we can catch them!”

The soldier called Changmin, who looked younger than all the rest, led in horses.

 

Your mouth fell open- the horses had SIX LEGS. You watched as the men climbed onto their strange steeds. 

Yunho looked back at you. “Well, what are you waiting for? Get on!”

“It’s got- it’s got six legs,” you mumbled in shock. 

He frowned at you. “Of course it’s got six legs. All horses have six legs. Where did you say you’re from again?”

“… Far from here,” you replied softly.

A young soldier named Yoochun laughed. “You act like you’ve never seen a horse before!”

Shaking, you approached the horse, trying not to stare at its extra legs. Yunho helped you up, then climbed up behind you. He had to put his arms around you in order to reach the reins. “I’m sorry,” he muttered in your ear, “but we don’t have an extra horse. You’re going to have to ride with me.” 

 

You rode for what seemed like a long time and dozed, leaning against Yunho’s broad chest as his arms kept you from falling off. 

“-----------, we’re here,” he told you softly.

He dismounted, and you followed, practically sliding off the horse because your legs had gone numb from all the riding. You bumped solidly into him and almost fell, but he caught you and gently placed you back on your feet. “Are you all right?”

 

Before you could reply, Yoochun came racing up. “Captain! They’re here, with the princess!”

Yunho spun and reached for his sword. “Everyone assume your positions! Hide in the rocks, we can ambush them as they pass us.” He grabbed your hand and took you over to a large rock. “Hide behind here, and for your own safety, don’t come out!”

 

You ducked behind the rocks, shaking. 

A sound of thunder passed by- the galloping of dozens of horses. Then, you heard the shouts of Yunho and his men as they attacked. Screaming, the sound of metal on metal, bodies falling to the ground: all this you heard from your hiding place.  

Finally you couldn’t stand the waiting anymore and peeked around the rock. There were bodies all over the ground. Yunho and his soldiers were still alive and fighting bravely against their enemy. You gasped as two men approached Yunho, swinging their swords. He twisted and ducked, avoiding their weapons as he stabbed first one man, than the other. Leaping over a body, he came to Changmin’s aid and knocked his adversary unconscious.

 

An enemy noticed you watching and stalked over to you. He came closer and closer until suddenly he fell, an arrow in his back. You looked around for your rescuer and realized that it was Yoochun, who winked at you as he fired another arrow. 

 

A motion over to your right caught your attention. You gasped as you saw a bound and gagged young woman sitting on a horse. She was struggling with a man who tried to get her and the horse away from the fighting and onto a path that led up the mountain. 

“It’s the princess!” you gasped. The man was trying to escape and using the fight as a distraction- you were the only one who noticed. Quickly you ran after her, as the princess and her kidnapper climbed far up the mountain, on a path that curved around the side of the cliff. Panting, you managed to catch up with them. 

 

“Let her go!”

The man turned and grinned evilly. “She is mine!” However, he had a made a mistake and chosen the wrong path. This path was a dead end, and didn’t go any further up the mountain. Swearing, he dragged the princess off of her horse and onto a ledge. One step closer to the edge and they both would fall to the ground far, far below them. 

“If I go, she goes too,” the man snarled. 

You stopped, scared that the princess would tumble off the edge of the cliff. 

However, in the commotion, the princess had somehow gotten out of her bonds. Her hands now free, she jerked away from the man’s hold and pushed him over the edge.

He fell off the side of the mountain, screaming. The screams continued a long, long way down. 

The princess wasn’t safe yet, though. The ledge had become unstable and began crumbling. She fell with a shriek and disappeared from view.  

The princess dropped- and landed straight into Yunho’s arms. He had somehow figured out where the fight was going on, and caught her safely. They stared at each other in wonder and then, overcome with the shock, the princess pressed her face against Yunho and hugged him tightly. 

 

You sighed in relief. The princess was saved, the bad guys defeated. You climbed down to join the rest of the soldiers. 

“Good job, ----------!” the soldier named Yoochun grinned. 

 

You stayed a week with Yunho, Yoochun, Changmin, the princess, and the rest of the soldiers. You helped heal wounds, and in return Yoochun showed you the proper way of riding a six-legged horse. He laughed at you as you awkwardly trotted on the horse. “I can’t believe you’ve never ridden a horse before!”

“Yoochun,” you replied. “Would you believe that where I come from, the horses have four legs?”

He looked at you in shock. “The captain’s right. You really do come from somewhere else, don’t you?”

 

Yunho and the princess approached, holding hands. “We wish to thank you, kind stranger,” she said in a kind, noble voice. “Not only for saving me, but for bringing us together,” as she smiled at Yunho. 

You grinned. “Awww, love at first sight! So cute.”

“Is there anything we can do for you?” Yunho asked. “Do you need help getting back to wherever you came from?”

Smiling, you shook your head. “No thank you. I think I’ve figured it out.” Turning, you faced the empty space in front of you and closed your eyes. “My work here is done,” you whispered to the air. “Now take me somewhere I need to be.”

A glowing portal opened in the air in front of you. You waved to goodbye to everyone and hugged Yoochun tightly. Then, taking a deep breath, you walked through the portal.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Bright lights blinded you as the screaming of hundreds of fangirls filled your ears. Then the music started, coming from all around you.

 


“Iroke nan tto (Fiction in Fiction)

Itchi mothago (Fiction in Fiction)

Nae gasum soge kkunaji anul iyagil ssugo isso

Nol butjabulge (Fiction in Fiction)

Nochi anulge (Fiction in Fiction in Fiction)

Kkunaji anun nowa naye iyagi sogeso onuldo in Fiction…”

 

 

You recognized the song. It was a well-known kpop song, sung by a famous kpop boyband. You turned around to see six figures in black dancing their hearts out. “What the heck?!”

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

A/N: Yay, newest chapter! I hoped you awesome readers liked it ^_^  Don't forget to comment and suggest who you'd like to meet in the story! Feedback is much loved and appreciated :)

 

Oh, and I haven't forgotten about Jaejoong or Junsu. They'll probably show up in a later chapter ;)