A New Friend

The Traveler: A Multidimensional Love Story

 

One Year Later

 

 

“Dara! Hurry up, we’re going to be late for class!” you called as you hurried through the halls of your school. She was about to reply when BAM! You crashed into a person as you turned a corner. You were about to fall, when suddenly strong arms wrapped around you and saved you from an embarrassing accident.

“Oh, I’m so sorry!” you exclaimed. “It’s just that I’m late for class and-” You stopped abruptly, looking the person who still held you in his arms. 

He was GORGEOUS. Dark brown hair that fell over his eyes, brown eyes that gazed at you with intelligence and kindness, and a full mouth that looked like it was trying to decide between laughter and concern. You could feel his muscles through his shirt as he held you.

“Um, you can let me go now,” you said, laughing nervously. “Thanks for catching me!”

He grinned and set your heart fluttering in your chest. “It’s not a problem. I rather enjoy having beautiful girls fall for me, although I didn’t think it would happen literally.”

You laughed brightly. “Are you new here? I haven’t seen you before.”

“Its my first time in this school, yes, but I’ve lived around here for quite some time.”

You continued talking and laughing with the boy as you walked to class. To your delight, he had the same class as you. 

You spent the class taking turns answering the teacher’s questions. You were beautiful, yes, but you were most proud of your intelligence. The boy answered each question correctly, and by the time class was over he had all of the girls in the class sighing with each gesture he made.

You noticed, however, that his eyes only seemed to follow you.

 

You talked for the rest of the day, simply enjoying each other’s company. He was witty, humorous, and you felt like you could talk to him about anything. At the end of the day, you said your goodbyes to the handsome student.

“So I’ll see you tomorrow?” you asked hopefully.

He smiled. “Possibly. I have a different schedule tomorrow. It was nice meeting you!” With that, he turned and walked away.

Darn, I didn’t even get his name, you thought to yourself. Oh well, I can ask him tomorrow!