Chapter 6

Runway To Love

Your POV

It’s been a few days since Exo defended you in front of their fans and it actually helped. It didn’t completely remove the hate you’ve been getting. You would still get hate comments but now there were some fans that are supporting you. There’s even been a little fan group that was created to support you. The last few days were also busy; you had a lot planned out so today was a rare day. Today you had the day off and fortunately Exo did too.

“I can’t believe it’s your last day here” Lay pouted as you both sat in front of the TV. For the past few days your apartment has been renovated and it’s finally complete so you are able to move in tomorrow.

“You make it sound like I’m leaving for good” You giggled. “I’ll be like 10 minutes away” You said which was true; the apartment you had purchased was 10 minutes away from their dorm.

“Still it won’t be the same” He said as you placed your head on his lap and looked up at him.

“You can come over anytime, Oppa” I smiled as he ran his hand through my hair. He smiled and nodded.

“I thought you were going on a date with Suho” Baekhyun said as he walked in and sat next to you. You plopped your legs on his lap. “Don’t tell me you’re dating Lay Hyung too”

You laughed. The same day Suho asked you out, was also the day you told the members. You got mixed reactions but you were most worried about how your brother was going to take it. So you talked to him first and surprisingly he was alright with it. When you asked him, he said that Suho is a good guy and he knows that he will treat you well. Plus he said as long as it wasn’t Kai, he was okay with it. The other members were more dramatic.  Kai insisted that I was in denial and I will regret this decision. Kris said that I chose the wrong leader to date and Kyungsoo boasted about how he knew way before everyone else did.

“I still can’t believe you chose Suho Hyung when you could have had me” Kai spoke as he entered the room too.

You smirked. “I know right, what was I thinking” He looked at you and poked his tongue out as you did the same.

“Where is my date, anyways?” You asked them. “I haven’t seen him all morning”

“He’s busy preparing for your first date tonight” Lay smirked as you blushed. Oh that’s right; your first date is tonight.

“Sis, your phone keeps ringing” Xiumin spoke as he chucked your phone, landing on your face. The boys laughed as you huffed.

“Oppa, not the face” You whined. You changed your position and sat between Lay and Baekhyun.

“Yeah Hyung, she’s got her big date tonight” Sehun smirked.

“Oh right” Xiumin smirked. “Suho better not get all touchy feely” You blushed. “Remember protection, just in case”

“Oh my god” You blushed as the boys laughed. “I hate you all” Your phone rang again and smiled when you saw your best friend’s name.

“Hyeri-ah” You answered. “Are you all packed?” You asked her, tomorrow was also the day your best friend is coming over to visit.

“Duh” She said. “So are you picking me up tomorrow?”

“Duh” You mimicked. “And I’m bringing along a few friends” You smiled.

“By friends, you mean Exo members right?”

“Correct!” You answered.

“Oooh who?” She asked you.

“You’ll see” You smirked. Honestly you weren’t sure yet just because they all wanted to go but you obviously couldn’t take everybody so it’ll depend on which members has schedules and if you like them or not.

“Fine” She said. “I can’t wait to see you, Minah!” She screamed as you laughed. “Hey I gotta run but I shall see you tomorrow! And have fun on your date!” You blushed as you said your goodbyes.

“So I’m coming to the airport to pick her up, right?” It was Luhan who asked as you smirked. For the past few days, he had been asking me questions about my best friend and I even caught him checking out some of her modelling pics.

“Maybe” You said as you heard him whine.

“What?” You giggled as he pouted. “I have to go” He performed aegyo and you fell for it as you nodded.

“Weak” Sehun told you.

“Ugly” You retorted back as he mimicked you. You continued to mock him when your phone beeped indicating that you had a text. You smiled as you saw it from Suho.

From: Suho Oppa <3

Hey beautiful,

I’ll pick you up at 6pm. I can’t wait to see you.

Simple yet so romantic. You looked at the clock and realised you didn’t have much time till 6pm. You gasped as you stood up.

“I gotta get ready!” You announced as you got up and headed towards your brother’s room. You quickly searched through your clothes looking for the perfect outfit. You pouted as you walked back towards the living room.

“I have nothing to wear” I announced as they all looked at me.

“Impossible, you’re a model” Chanyeol said. “You get free clothes all the time”

“Well none of them are good enough” You huffed. “Help me?” You smiled sweetly at them.

Lay stood up. “Let’s go look” You smiled as you nodded.

“Show us a few outfits and we’ll help you decide!” Tao shouted as you agreed. So for the next half an hour, you tried on a few different outfits. None of them could agree on one look together. You were about to give up. You sat on Xiumin’s bed.

“I’m never going to find anything” You told Lay as he searched through your clothes. “I wanted to look pretty for Suho Oppa”

“You are beautiful in his eyes already, Minah” You heard him say. “Regardless of what you wear” you stood up and walked towards the mirror.

“I guess” You mumbled.

“I found it!” You heard Lay say as you turned towards him, he showed you a dress and you smiled as you tackled him into a hug.

“Oppa! You’re a genius” You said as he laughed.

“Alright, alright” He pulled away and handed me the dress. “Go get ready and then come out and show us” You nodded as he left the room.

 

“Ta-da” You said as you entered the living room. You twirled and giggled. “What do you think?”

“Suho Hyung is one lucky guy” Sehun said as you blushed.

“So I look okay?” I asked them as they all nodded eagerly. I smiled and thanked them. I looked at the time; it wouldn’t be long now till he gets here. Oh man here comes the panic. I paced back and forth trying to get the butterflies in my stomach to settle. It was my brother who approached me.

“You alright?” He asked as I shook my head.

“Oppa, I’m really nervous” You bit your lip. “What if the date doesn’t work out? What if he finds out that he doesn’t really like me?”

You brother chuckled as you frowned. “This isn’t funny, Oppa”

He chuckled again as you turned away from him. He turned you towards him and looked at you. “Everything is going to be alright, Minah” He hugged you. “Suho likes you and I can tell you do too” You hugged him back. “It’ll be the best first date ever” He whispered as you giggled and nodded.

“Thanks Oppa” You smiled as you pecked his cheek.

“Minah?” Someone called your name. You froze as you recognized that voice. You turned around and saw Suho standing there with a bouquet of flowers.

“Suho Oppa” You smiled. “Hi” You blushed as he walked towards you. You tried not to pay attention to your audience.

“You look beautiful” He complimented you as you looked down before he chuckled. You looked at him and smiled. He handed you the flowers and you thanked him.

“Shall we go?” He asked you as you nodded.

“Hold up” You both looked towards your audience. “We have to go over some rules first” It was Chen who spoke.

“What rules?” You asked him.

“You young lady cannot be out too late” Chen stated.

“And you Suho, must drop her back here before midnight” Sehun added.

“What did you say?” It was Suho who spoke as Sehun grinned.

“You heard me, lover boy” He smirked.

“And no funny business” Baekhyun said.

“Oppa” You whined as you looked at your brother who laughed.

“Just don’t pay attention to them, Minah” He smiled. “You two, have fun” You nodded as Lay took your flowers from you promising to put them in a vase.

You smiled and said your goodbyes as both you and Suho began to walk out of the room. Then you remembered that you forgot your jacket, you asked Kyungsoo to pass the jacket that was draped on one of the chairs when he smirked and walked towards you.

“Don’t bring a jacket so Suho Hyung can give you his, more romantic” He whispered as he pulled away. You blushed as he pushed you out the door. Before you could say anything, he slammed the door shut. For a minute you and Suho stood there, not saying anything. You made eye contact and you both laughed.

“What just happened?” You asked him as he chuckled.

“I don’t even know” He smiled as he grabbed your hand “Let’s go” You smiled and nodded.

You both walked inside the elevator when you realised that fans were probably waiting outside. You dropped his hand as he looked at you.

“Your fans, Oppa” You smiled as he blushed and nodded. You both exited the elevator and thankfully you saw that there were only a few fans there. You managed to sneak out quietly and approached the awaiting car that Suho prepared. You quickly hopped in as did he, when you were inside you faced him.

“Where to, Oppa?” You asked him as he looked at you.

“You’ll see” He smiled as you two drove off to your destination. You finally arrived at a restaurant as Suho grabbed your hand and led you inside.

“Oh, Suho!” The guy at the door said. “This must be your date” He looked at you as you greeted him.

“Your table is ready” He smiled as he asked one of the waitresses to lead you to your table. You realised that Suho must have asked for privacy as you walked through to another room, away from the other people.

You gasped as you walked in. The whole room was covered in fairy lights and there was a table in the middle. You looked at Suho who looked at you. The waitress left you two alone, saying that she’ll be back soon.

“Do you like it?” He asked you.

“This is” you paused as you smiled. “It’s perfect”

He laughed “Okay good” He led you to your chair.

“Why are we the only ones here, Oppa?” You asked him as you looked at him.

“I booked this entire room” he stated. He must have noticed your stare as he chuckled. “I wanted us to have some privacy, I wanted to enjoy my date with you without having to worry about anybody taking pictures” You blushed as you smiled.

“You look really beautiful, Minah” he smiled. The butterflies creating havoc in your stomach.

“T-Thanks” You stuttered.

“I’ve actually already ordered for us, if that’s okay with you” He said as you nodded.

For the next minutes you two talked as you waited for your food.

“Oh Oppa, I forgot to ask” He looked at you. “Did you want to come with me tomorrow to pick up, Hyeri?” He smiled. “I-I mean if you’re not busy”

He took your hand as you looked at him. “I’d love to come” You smiled. “Who else is going?”

You groaned as you looked at him. “I don’t even know, I think I’ll just let Luhan Oppa tag along and leave the rest of them behind, they can meet her at home” Suho laughed as he agreed.

The waitress arrived as she delivered the food but before she left, she looked at Suho and smiled sweetly. “If there’s anything else, anything at all please don’t hesitate to call me” She said to Suho as I saw her lean down to give him a show but thankfully Suho was only looking at me.

“Thanks” Suho mumbled as she left.

That woman, how dare she? Suho Oppa is mine.

He laughed as I looked at him. “I’m yours, huh?” He smirked.

Crap, I said that out loud?! I groaned as I looked at my food; too embarrass to look at my date. I felt him grab my hand. I bravely looked at him.

He smiled. “Well good because you’re mine” I blushed as he continued to look at me. I cleared my throat.

“L-Let’s eat” I said as he laughed and nodded.

After dinner, I asked Suho where we were going to next. He smiled as he led me to the car.

“There’s an event just ten minutes from here, they have games and rides” He smiled. “I thought we could go check it out” You nodded as you both made your way there. When you arrived you saw lights and children running everywhere. You got out of the car and shivered. It is a cold night, stupid Kyungsoo Oppa for not letting you grab your jacket. You felt Suho drape his jacket over your shoulder as you thanked him. You placed your hands through the holes, still too big for you but it was warm and comfortable. You could smell his scent that made your knees weak. He took your hand and led you to the park. As you entered, you saw a cotton candy stall. You grinned as you dragged Suho towards the fluffy goodness. You stopped in front of the stall as the nice old lady, greeted you.

“What can I get you dear?” She smiled.

“Can I please get a pink one” You smiled as she nodded. You watched as she began to make it there you forgot that Suho Oppa was with you. You looked at him and saw him staring.

“What?” You asked as he poked your nose.

“You’re adorable, you know” You blushed.

“Oppa, let’s share my cotton candy” You told him as he nodded.

“Here you go, dear” The lady handed it over to you. You grabbed it as you reached into your bag for some money when you saw Suho handing over the money to the lady.

“Oppa” You said. “You already paid for dinner” You pouted as the old lady laughed. You and Suho looked at her.

“Your boyfriend is lovely dear, you’re so lucky” She smiled and before you could tell her that Suho wasn’t your boyfriend, yet. Suho spoke first.

“I’m the lucky one” He smiled as he wrapped his arm around your waist; you looked at him as he continued to speak to the lady. “Isn’t she perfect” You blushed as the lady agreed. You both said your goodbyes as you two walked off. You picked a piece of the cotton candy and faced Suho and smiled.

He blushed as he moved closer to eat the candy. “Yummy?” You asked him as he nodded. Then he did the same. For a minute you two just stood there, feeding each other cotton candy. Then that’s when you heard it.

“Oppa, did you hear that?” You asked Suho as he nodded. You listened again as you heard someone crying. You looked around and spotted a young boy, sitting down by the curb and he was crying. You slowly approached him and crouched down.

“Hi” You spoke as he looked at you still crying. You smiled as you spoke. “What’s the matter, honey?” You asked him.

“I-I lost my mommy, Noona” He cried. “I don’t know where she is and I’m scared” He then leaped into your arms as you lifted him up and handed Suho the cotton candy as you continued to hug the frightened little boy. You sat down on a nearby bench and settled him on your lap. Suho sat next to you. You wiped the little boy’s tears away.

“What’s your name?” You asked him as he looked at you.

“J-Jongin” He whispered.

“Oh I have a friend who has the same name” You smiled. “And he’s just like you”

“Really?” He asked me as I nodded.

“He’s handsome” At this he blushed. “And really brave, just like you”

“B-Brave?” He said as you nodded.

“Why don’t we wait for your mom here?” You suggested as he nodded.

“Noona, what’s your name?” He asked.

I smiled “My name is Minah”

“And who’s that guy next to you” He pointed at Suho who smiled.

“This is Suho”

“Is Suho Hyung your boyfriend?” He asked as you blushed. You saw the cotton candy and grabbed some.

“Do you want some, Jongin?” You offered it to him as he happily ate it. For the next few minutes you talked to Jongin, you were too busy to notice that Suho was admiring you the whole time.

“Jongin?!” You heard somebody shout.

“Umma!” Jongin said as you saw a lady running towards us. Jongin leaped into her arms as you and Suho both stood up. Jongin’s mother crouched down and looked at his son.

“Oh thank goodness, you’re okay” She hugged him again. “I am so sorry, honey”

“Mom it’s okay, I’m brave” Jongin said as you and Suho both laughed. “Plus I met a really pretty Noona and her boyfriend” You blushed again as Jongin’s mother looked at us.

“Thank you” She grabbed your hands. “Thank you so much”

You shook your head “It was nothing, we had fun didn’t we Jongin?” I looked at the little boy who nodded.

“Well let’s get you home” Jongin’s mother smiled as Jongin turned to you and hugged your leg; you grabbed him and hugged him.

“Thank you, Noona” He said as he kissed your cheek. You put him down as he turned towards Suho. “Hyung, you’re so lucky to have her as your girlfriend” He said before he walked off with his mom. You blushed as you faced Suho.

“I’m sorry that this wasn’t-“I couldn’t finish my sentence as I felt Suho’s lips on mine. I closed my eyes as I kissed him back.