4th || you ain't kawaii

Guy Next Door

Today I and my dumb neighbour –Yoo Ara– are going to go to the Manga Exhibition.Well,I invited her because I’m really friendless here.Our neighbourhood population is dominated by the elders.There’s nobody I can invite but her.

It’s already 08.24 AM.Why she hasn’t coming yet? I decided to go to her apartment.I pressed the bell.No respond.I pressed it again.Still no respond.I took my phone,typed her name in my contact then pressed the call button.And again,no respond.I tried to open the door.When I pushed the doorknob,it opened.Oh well,she’s really dumb.

I went upstairs carefully.I looked around,searching for her room.When I found a door with an “Alla~” sign on it,I’m sure it’s her room.I opened the door,walked carefully toward her bed,and there she is.Sleeping soundly,with eyes and mouth half open.Is she a girl?

 

“Yah,you,wake up.” I said.She moved her body.I think she was about to wake up but she just rolled her body,then fall into her daydream again.Ah what should I do? I tried to find the way to wake her up,when an idea popped in my head.I’m not sure,it’s kinda weird but it’s the only way.I walked toward her bed,then I leaned my face closer to her.

 

“Hey,wake up.” I whispered,with a low tone,deep and husky voice.She whined,then turned her face.Slowly,she squeezed her eyes open.She blinked a few time.Damn,it’s too close.Even we’re almost nose to nose.

 

“Hng?” She blinked again,then suddenly her eyes  rounded,almost popping out from her eyes.

 

“KYAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!”

 

***­

 

 “Y-yah,wh-what are you doing..in my room? And how did you enter my apartment?” She stuttered,pillow’s steady in her hand.She stared me with a cautious look.

“You didn’t locked the door last night,that’s why I can enter your house.And also,don’t we’re going to go to the Manga Exhibition?”

 

“E-eh? Is that so? Wh-what time is it?”

 

“It’s already 08.45”

 

“Holly crap.Okay I’ll take a bath as fast as possible.And you,get out from my room,wait downstairs,okay!” She immediately pushed me outside of her room and locked her room.I went downstairs and waited.I look around at her living room.There’s a piano,I walked approach he piano.There’s some photos of her on the piano.I chuckled at her childhood picture.A mini  Yoo Ara sat on the swing,holding an ice cream with her lips and cheeks were covered by the white ice cream.I slowly sat on the chair.I pressed the knot,another one,and more another knots.I don’t know how to play it,I just press them randomly.

 

 

“Whoa,you can play piano?” I startled when I heard someone’s voice.I turned my body,found Yoo Ara’s standing in front of me.She made her hair into a ponytail,letting some of her hairs falling down,she’s wearing a pastel pink long sleeved t-shirt,3/4 skirt with floral pattern on it,and a pair of cream flatshoe.She looks so good in those clothes.

 

“Ah,not really.I just played it randomly.”

 

“Really? But it looks like you played it like a pro!” She smiled brightly,

 

“By the way what are you waiting for? Let’s go!”

 

***

 

It only took fifteen minutes walking to the Manga Exhibition.When we’re arrived,Ara can’t stop turned her body around and ‘whoa’-ing.

 

"Oh my Lord,I've never seen a such wonderful place like this..." She kept opened,then looked around again like a lost puppy.

 

"Then you should check out my drawings!"

 

 

"Eh? You draw?"

 

"I've told you yesterday,I'm one of them,geez." I rolled my eyes and going to the exhibition –the most important element of this place.

 

"What did you draw?"

 

"Mangas,of course."

 

"I know,but why did you like drawing manga? And why did you like manga?"

 

"Mangas are cute.It also expressed more emotions,like  when it's surprised,there's a 'booming' effect,or something like that."

 

 

"Doesn't it called too over?"

 

"No,it's not.Someday you'll figured out how fun is it to read a manga."

 

"Oh,you wrote them too?"

 

"No,I'm just an artworker.But maybe someday I'm  gonna make one too."

 

"Then make me as your main character." She stopped walking,staring me.I furrowed my eyebrows,"...Ha?"

 

"...j-just forget it.By the way,is this the place?" We stopped walking.And in front of us,here's the masterpiece.A huge door to the exhibition was opened widely.Again,Ara 'whoa'-ing and hopped in excitement.

 

 

"Seokjin?" I turned my body to the source of the voice.There's a long legged man with a deep dimple smiling at me.

 

 

"Oh my ing God,Namjoon is that you?"

 

 

"Seokjin my bro,wussup?" We hugged each other.In other hand,Ara staring blankly on us.

 

 

"Hey,why didn't you tell me that you have a girlfriend?" Ara's face reddened.Oh,here we go the Mr. Misunderstood.

 

"N-no..she's.my neighbour.We just hanging out...right?"

 

 

"A-ah,yes..we're kinda bored so we went here." She let out an awkward smile to Namjoon.He's just laughing.

 

 

"Ahaha,sorry for my misunderstood.By the way,I.have to go. I wish we could have more time to chit chatting.Anyway,bye!" He waved his hand then went in to the exhibition.

 

 

 

"Who's that man?" Ara suddenly asked.

 

 

"My old friend,Namjoon.He's actually my junior in my high school,but we used to be close friend." She just nodded and continue walking. "Oh,by the way,I wanna see your drawings."

 

 

"Oh right,follow me!"

 

 

 

 

 

"You...you drew all of them?" She looked around my drawings.I nodded and stopped at one of my drawings,"This is my first manga,I drew it when I was about 12 or 13 years old."

 

 

"I really don't know that you're this talented." She looked at me,then back to the drawing,"But I won’t taken back my words that you're annoying.That's a fact,indeed." She sticked out her tongue,then walked around to my other drawings.I followed her steps.But suddenly she stopped,making me almost bumped into her back.

 

 

"By the way,is this your latest drawing?" She pointed at a drawing,"And I think..." She continued,"..it kinda looks like me."  She take a look at it.Stared it from up to down,then going up again.

 

 

"That's right it's you." 

 

 

"Wait,what?" I walked toward her and stood beside her,"I drew it on the day when I moved.I drew your annoyed face cause my present." I chukled a bit,she snorted,but again looked at it.

 

 

"Yeah,I remember.But I don't think I looked this cute..."

 

 

"I've told you cause manga is cute." I smiled.

 

 

"Then you definitely must draw me more!"

 

 

"I won't" I sticked my tongue out then ran as fast as I can,leaving her alone there.

 

 

"Y-yah,come back!"

 

 

***

 

 

It's now 4pm,but Ara doesn't wanting to go home yet.She still happily walked around the area.I'm getting tired by following her all day.

 

 

 

"Yoo Ara,we should stop.It's time to go home."

 

 

"No,I still want to play here."

 

 

"But it's now–"

 

 

"Kim Seokjin..." She stared me.With a damn mothering –oh no– cute puppy eyes,"Please..."

 

 

"No –oh – okay,but we should go back at 4:15,kay?" She nodded, "Sure.By the way,that place is a little crowded.I think it's fun!" She ran toward a stand.Oh no,Yoo Ara..

 

 

 

 

 

"Excuse.me,what is this?" Ara asked one of the visitors.

 

 

"It's Pepero Game,so a couple must eat one pepero together from mouth to mouth.The couple that have the shortest pepero stick is the winner.Do you want to join,by the way? They need one more couple to start the game."

 

 

"A-ah,it is.."

 

 

"Yoo Ara,wait for me!" I panted,but maybe it sounded loud so it could make everyone stared us. And the MC –ah I don't know what to called– stared us with a bright eyes.

 

 

"Good! Hurry,the game is about to start!" She pulled my hand and Ara's and get on the mini stage. Wait,what is this? Everyone gave us an excited looks.

 

 

"You know the rules,right?"

 

 

"Wh-what..rules?"

 

 

"This.is a Pepero Game," Ara whispered.

 

 

"What?!"

 

 

"Okay,heres your pepero.Let's count down! One! Two! Three! Start!" Everyone cheered for the couples on the stage.The couples had started,but we're still clueless.

 

 

"Wait,what.."

 

 

"Just follow 'em." She put the pepero in ,I don't know what's going on and I just stared her blankly,"Wha-"

 

 

"Eat this!" Her voice hade me panicked so I just do what she said.I put the pepero in my mouth,then stared her again,"And then?"

 

 

"Eat it,fool!" She kept eat the pepero and her face is getting closer to mine.I ate it too,but suddenly I felt something poked my nose.It's her nose.Her nose. I don't know what should I do. Continue eating? Stop it right here? When I about to cut the pepero to stop,she moved closer to mine,then cut the pepero with her teeth.

 

 

"Anyone finished yet?" Ara lifted her hand together with mine up.

 

 

"Whoa,let me see.." She took the piece of the pepero,lining it with the other couple's pepero.

 

 

"Okay guys,I think we've got the winner..."

 

 

"And the winner iiiiiiisssss..." Oh,too  dramatic.

 

 

"Congratulations to this cute couple!" She pointed to us.Us? I and Ara stared her and everyone blankly.Well,we're not going to play this game but...we won it?

 

 

"Alright,as the winner you got these cute couple tee and sweaters!" She gave us the prize.I just don't know what to do.

 

 

"As the winner,what do you want to say?" She gave the microphone to me.

 

 

"W-well...we have to go and thanks!" I bowed and took Yoo Ara off the stage.Really,that was the dumbest thing I've ever did.

 

 

***

 

 

"Hey,why did you just get out from the stage? At least we have to say more to them!"

 

 

"But we're trapped! To those dumb game."

 

 

"At least,we got some present." She opened the bag,then wore the sweater,"How was it?" She posed.

 

 

"It looks good."

 

 

"Just good?"

 

 

"Then what should I say?"

 

 

"Didn't I'm kawaii?" She pouted,

 

 

"No,you're not.The kawaii one is Yoo Ara's manga,not the real one." I sticked out my tongue,then again ran for my life before she was able to rip my skin.

 

 

"Yah Kim Seokjin wait! You're dead when we're home!"

 

 

= = =

so here i am with a update

sorry for make you guys waited so long

i also hate waiting though :<

the connection won’t let me

updated so,yeah

by the way sorry for the

typos (if there are any)

and...

Merry(belated) Christmas!

hoho~