1st || worst gift ever

Guy Next Door

Ayaaay,today is Valentine's Day! My name is Yoo Ara and I looooooooooooove chocolate,that's why I love Valentine's Day. In this day,you can spend your time together with someone special for you,like family,bestfriends,or your girlfriend or boyfriend. Along 22 years,I always spent my Valentine's Day with my family and bestfriends.But I never know how is it to spend my time with my boyfriend. It's embarrassing but I never have a boyfriend before. My mom always force me to have one but I just feel that it's not the time yet. I love my single life and I really love it. Being single is free! Nobody can force you to do or not to do this or that. The point is,I love being single.

 

 

I'm just coming back from my parents' house,spending my time with my family.The homeworks are ing killing me.You know,homeworks these days are so scary.They're too much,piled up on our desk.They can immediately killing you in that time,yeah who knows?

 

I flipped my novels,then I heard a car sounds. I peeked from my windows. There's a maybe-Harley-Davidson-like car (I don't know cars well though). Someone appeared from the car. A boy carried tons of bags and entered the house in front of my house. Wait,is he my new neighbour? Aw I'm happy! Finally I have a new neighbour. I love to having a new neighbour,because I'm not feeling alone and I can friend 'em. I always cook something for them,because I want to give a warm welcome to them. By any chance,three days ago my mom just taught me to made a chicken porridge,and I also have the ingredients. So,I'll cook a chicken porridge for him.

 

 

Making a chicken porridge isn't difficult,though. You just have to cook the rice with a lil bit more water,then wait until its texture like a porridge. Don't forget to add the chicken broth to the porridge. After that,fry the chicken until the chicken is fully cooked. You must be careful,don't make the chicken undercooked or overcooked. When everything's ready,pour the porridge to a bowl then slice the chicken's meat on the porridge. If you want,you can add some fried onions or scallions. It's according to your own taste. And your chicken porridge is now ready!

 

 

I packed the chicken porridge I just made to a basket. I also made some hot chocolate,since it's cold. I walked out and standing in front of his house. I pressed the bell. Nobody's coming out. I pressed the bell once more. There's still nobody comes out. When I just about to pressed it,the boy's coming out. He's wearing a grey t-shirt and his hair's wet. I guess it's not the water from the shower but they're sweats. Maybe he's just danced or what,I also don't know.He's face is cute yet handsome.But he showed a cold and flat expression so it's kinda looks annoying

 

 

"What brings you here?"

 

 

"Ah,good evening. My name is Yoo Ara,I lived in that house..." I pointed to my house,he nodded and laid to his door.

 

 

"And then?"

 

 

"And then,I would like to give you this." I gave the chicken porridge and hot chocolate to him.He staring them,then me.His eyes staring my eyes,looking from up to down,then back to my eyes.

 

 

"What is these for?"

 

 

"I have a habit to make some foods or drinks to my new neighbour.And I also to give a welcome to my new neighbour,like you.By the way,happy Valentine." I awkwardly said when his eyes keep glaring me. I felt cornered with just one look. His gazed intimidate me and make me feeling like I just do something weird and embarrassing.

 

 

"Happy valentine too.By the way,I also have something for you. Hold on." He entered his house,then a few moments later he came out with a box.

 

 

"This is for you,new buddy." He gave me the box,smiling. His expression is totally different from before. He's an unpredictable friend. I think it will be fun to befriend him.I just about to open it but he shouts,make me startled a bit.

 

 

"Don't open it. You can open it in your house." He smiled.

 

 

"Ah,I get it. Thanks before,bye." I bowed a bit,then walked into my house. I glanced a bit to the back. He's still standing there,waving his hand to me. I answered it with a nod then I come back to my house.

 

 

"I'm curious,what's inside this box? A chocolate? A bracelet?" I grinned. When I opened it,really it's more scary than homeworks. Lizard. Yeah,it's lizard. I screamed hardly then crawled up to my sofa. I stood right there,frozen. Really I'm not kind of someone who get easily scared,but it's lizard. I can't do anything but frozen. The lizard staring me,sticking out it's very long tongue.I screamed again.Yuck,it's disgusting! Well,I think I shouldn't give him the chicken porridge and hot chocolate if he give me this kind of valentine's gift.

 

 

 

I waited about fifteen minutes until the lizard finally crawled up to the wall then disappear. Ah,finally. I touched my feet on the ground slowly,then I walked approach my window. There's that boy,standing on his balcony while he slurped the hot chocolate.Then he smirked an evil smirk.Really he's so ing annoying.

 

 

"How was the gift,buddy? Isn't she's cute?" The he chuckled. I gripped the balcony's fence. Keep calm,Yoo Ara. Keep calm.

 

 

"Yeah! She's so ing cute making me want to pinch her cheeks and said 'Aw,you're so cute,lil lizard!' "

 

 

"So funny,miss. Enjoy your valentine." He smirked again,winked and entered his house. Huh,just wait and see Mr. Annoying. If you're playing around with me,you can't just end our game like that. And remember,you'll be my biggest enemy. Ever.


||author's note||
so,this is the first chapter.how was it? ;_;
sorry for my bad grammar.I'll try to write better than this in the next chapter
anyway,I would appreciate you guys' comments,even though any critically comments I'll try to correct my guilt
and don't forget to subscribe! c: (I'd love you if you don't mind upvote this story and I'll give you my love~)