Playtime

Vampire Family (Sequel to Mr. Vampire)

“Jiji, do you want to go out?”, Baekhyun asked excitedly causing Jieun to turn her attention to him. It has been a week after she had woken up and Baekhyun had become her best friend. He had felt so guilty that he started clinging onto her every minute of the day and treated her like a princess.

 

Although Jieun found it cute, her mate had different thoughts about it. “Urgh! Can you give us some privacy?!”, Luhan fumed as Baekhyun scoffed at him. “I gave you enough privacy when you guys are in your room.”, he retorted and Luhan swore that he would have killed him if he weren’t a part of his family.

 

Both Luhan and Jieun were in the living room, cuddling and enjoying each other’s presences while watching tv. It was a peaceful atmosphere, until Baekhyun ruined it. “Where do you want to go?”, Jieun asked curiously as Luhan started to whine. “You’re going with him? Why? Don’t you like me anymore?”, he asked and a sudden thought popped into his mind.

 

“Is Jieun your mate too?”, he asked, scared, as Baekhyun frowned. “I wish.”, he muttered softly but both of them still heard it, causing Luhan to snarl at him. “Oppa~”, Jieun whined cutely as Luhan turned to look at her with a pout.

 

“Oppa, you’re so cute.”, she said after giggling as he retorted by saying he was manly not cute. “Yeah, yeah. You’re my adorably manly oppa~”, she corrected as he smiled widely at her statement. “I’m still here, you know?”, Baekhyun said, destroying their lovely moment again, as Luhan let out a deep sigh.

 

“He’s so annoying.”, Luhan thought as shook his head before asking where he was bringing his mate. “We’re just going out to the garden in the backyard. I think she needs some fresh air.”, he commented and as much as Luhan wanted to disagree with him, he was right. Both Luhan and Jieun had not left the house and going out didn’t seem like a bad idea.

 

“Can I?”, Jieun asked her mate through her thoughts while Luhan stared at her excited face. “How can I ever say ‘no’ to you?”, he thought before nodding his head with a small smile. “I love you.”, she whispered lovingly, causing Luhan’s smile to widen before kissing her lips. “I love you too.”

 

“Oh come on~ Let’s go already!”, the red haired vampire demanded as he grabbed Jieun and pulled her outside. “I swear I’m going to kill him one day.”, Luhan thought frustratingly as he stared at their disappearing backs. “Thank God he has self-control; I would have been dead by now, if he didn’t.”, Baekhyun thanked when he noticed Luhan was just sitting there staring at them with red eyes.

 

Since Luhan could read his mind, he just glared at the red head before rolling his eyes. “Where is everyone anyway?”, he thought after noticing that the place was unusually quiet. Using his powers, he went in search of his family and noticed that everyone was outside playing. “And they never invited me.”, he mumbled before heading outside, to their backyard as well.

 

---------

“Look out!”, Sehun shouted when the ball was flying, at an incredible speed, towards Jieun, who had turned and stared in shock at the incoming ball. Kai immediately teleported to her and hugged her, protecting her from the ball, while Luhan, who opened the door just in time, stopped the ball just an inch from Kai’s back with his powers.

 

“Who. Kicked. The. Ball.”, Luhan asked slowly, voice seething with anger and eyes glowing red, as he emphasized every word while glaring at his brothers. The soccer ball, which was still floating in the air, burst as he waited for the culprit to confess.

 

Everyone on the court gulped as they remained silent. However, they couldn’t stop thinking about it, especially the culprit. “Kris.”, he called as the said person trembled. Kai pulled Jieun away from him and checked whether she was hurt anywhere as she smiled before thanking him.

 

The both of them turned just in time to see Luhan slowly walking towards the blonde leader. “Oppa.”, Jieun called through her thoughts and noticed that Luhan wasn’t responding to her as he continued walking. “I-it was an accident.”, Kris said and slowly backed away as the older glared at him.

 

“What if I didn’t open the door in time to stop the ball? What if Kai didn’t teleport fast enough? What if the ball hit Jieun and she got hurt? What would you have done if that was your mate?”, Luhan preached as Kris gulped and continuously apologized.

 

“Luhan.”, Jieun tried calling again but he continued to show no signs of hearing her. She puffed her cheeks in annoyance and Kai was about to ask her what was wrong, when she dashed across the court and jumped onto her mate’s back. “Oppa!” Luhan, knocked out of his murderous stance, turned and stared at his mate in shock, his eyes back to normal.

 

“I love you, oppa~”, she said cutely with a huge smile as he mirrored her expression, all signs of anger leaving him. Noticing Luhan’s calm state, Kris let out a silent deep breath of relief before mentally thanking Jieun, who demanded Luhan to go to the garden, with her still on his back.

 

“Only Jieun can tame Luhan.”, everyone thought as they watched Luhan piggyback Jieun to the garden, where Baekhyun, Kai and Lizzy was. “So… How are we going to continue playing?”, Chen asked as all eight pairs of eyes turned to stare at him incredulously.  “You seriously still want to play after that?!”, Sehun asked while looking at his hyung as if he had lost his mind.

 

“Why not? The tension is over right? Let’s play!”, Chen replied and clapped his hands before turning to his brother. “Tao, turn back time for the ball, that way, we can play again!”, he ordered as the younger glance nervously between Luhan; who had turned and stare at them, Kris; who shook his head as a sign for him not to do it, and Chen; who was grinning happily.

 

“I’m going to regret this.”, Tao thought and swore he saw Luhan smirk before he returned the torn material to what it was before. “Great! Let’s play!”, Chen; the only one excited, exclaimed as he grabbed the ball and threw it to Kyungsoo. “Can I join?”

 

At the sound of their brother’s voice, all nine of them stiffen –Including Chen- and cursed the prankster for his idea to continue playing. They were afraid Luhan would take revenge during the game.

 

“Sure~ Let’s pick teams first.”, Xiumin said, voice trembling slightly as Luhan smiled and nodded. “What are we playing?”, the second eldest asked as Xiumin told him they were playing soccer. “Great. They’re going to regret almost hurting Jieun.”, he thought to himself and started planning his revenge on them.

 

“Can I join as well?”, Jieun asked before Baekhyun and Lizzy offered to join the game as well. Luhan was about to say ‘no’, since his mate would only ruin his plan of revenge, when Kris interrupted him, “Of course you can! The more the merrier!” The elder turned and narrowed his eyes at him while he pretended not to notice it and started explaining the rules of the game.

 

“We’ll be playing soccer. The rules are the same as normal soccer; no touching the ball with your hands if you’re not the goal keeper, no kicking the opponent intentionally, etc., but there’s a twist; we can use our powers.”, he explained as Jieun pouted. “But I don’t have any powers.”

 

“Don’t worry, maybe through this game, your powers will awaken.”, Luhan said as she chuckled at her mate’s train of thought. “So who are the team leaders?”, Baekhyun asked as Chanyeol said they should play ‘rock, paper, scissors’, and the two winners shall be the team leaders.

 

“Luhan hyung doesn’t need to play; he’ll be one of the team leaders.”, Lay said as EXO K stared at him with a look of unfairness while Luhan simply smirked. “Why?! That’s so unfair!”, Baekhyun exclaimed causing Luhan to stick his tongue out at him childishly and smile in triumph.

 

“Luhan hyung will win the game anyway. He knows what we’re all thinking.”, Tao explained as Baekhyun crossed his arms over his chest while the rest of EXO K nodded their head in understanding. “Jieun is in my team.”, Luhan announced quickly before the thirteen of them could decide who the second leader was.

 

“But what if I win?”, she asked, referring to ‘rock, paper, scissors’, as he thought about it. “Don’t win then.”, he said casually, causing her to roll her eyes. “You’re being unfair. How would I know if I win or lose? It’s a game of luck.”, she commented in her thoughts as Luhan pouted.

 

“Rock…” Kai said aloud when all thirteen of them crowded around each other into a circle with their hands behind their backs. “Paper…” Jieun started wondering what they were going to throw when a scene entered her mind.

 

“Scissors!”, Kai shouted and everyone brought their symbols into the circle. Majority of them showed rock while Jieun and Lizzy were the only ones that showed paper.

 

Before she could wonder what that was, Kai exclaimed and by instinct, she showed rock instead of paper; the item she initially wanted to throw. Looking around at what they threw, she noticed that all of them threw rock except for Lizzy. “Exactly like what I had seen.”, Jieun thought, shocked and amazed, before Luhan pulled her to him.

 

“Jieun’s mine.”, he said again, after knowing Lizzy was the next leader as she chose her mate to be in her team. The two leaders started picking their members and soon, two teams were formed.

 

Luhan’s team: Jieun, Kai, Sehun, Xiumin, Lay, Chanyeol

Lizzy’s team: Chen, Tao, Baekhyun, Kyungsoo, Kris, Suho

 

“Alright! Let’s play!”, Baekhyun exclaimed excitedly as Luhan and Lizzy stood in the middle of the field with the ball between them. Luhan smirked at Lizzy, using his power to hold the ball, while she pouted knowing her opponent was using his power.

 

“It’s ok baby! You have us!”, Chen shouted in encouragement as she turned and smiled at him. “Alright! Start!”, Xiumin exclaimed before Luhan snatched the ball and ran to the opponent’s goal. Baekhyun tried to blind Luhan with his power but the elder immediately closed his eyes when he heard Baekhyun’s intentions.

 

After passing Baekhyun, he kicked the ball to Chanyeol but was shocked when the ball stopped short. “Sorry, but it’s mine.”, Kyungsoo said before kicking the ball in the other direction. “Oh no, you don’t.”, Luhan’s teammates thought as they chased after Kyungsoo.

 

Jieun was trying her hardest to snatch the ball from the elder but she always seemed to miss him. Xiumin tried to freeze the ground but it didn’t work when Kyungsoo could feel his attack before it reached him. “Lizzy!”, Chen shouted as she nodded her head before four balls, identical to the soccer ball, appeared on the field, successfully confusing the goalkeeper.

 

“What the?!”, Kyungsoo exclaimed as he saw all the balls around him. “Urgh! I’ll just kick all of them into the goal.”, Kyungsoo thought and stomped the ground hard before all five balls launched themselves towards the goal. Jieun panicked and tried to stop at least one ball when Luhan stopped her. “It’s alright. Believe in Sehun.”

 

“What? But-”, Jieun thought and he shook his head in reply. “Just watch.”, he told her as she watched the balls flying from different directions, towards the goal which Sehun is guarding. Sehun watched the balls and smirked before a strong gust of wind threw the balls to the opposite direction. The force was strong enough for the balls to enter the opponent’s goal, catching everyone –Except Luhan- off guard.

 

Jieun watched in amazement as their goalkeeper leaned against the goal post casually. “So… Is that a goal or 5?”, Sehun asked smugly as the opposing team cursed him mentally. “5. Definitely.”, Xiumin said happily as Lizzy pouted and apologised to her mate, who simply smiled and shook his head. “It’s alright. We’ll get those points back.”

 

“Oh, I’d like to see you try.”, Sehun mocked as Chen rolled his eyes. The game went on as Kai and Luhan both scored 2 more goals with their powers. Chanyeol and Xiumin defended by almost burning or freezing their opponents respectively, when they tried to get too close. Sehun continued blowing the balls away from scoring and the other team was beginning to feel frustrated.

 

“Time out!”, Baekhyun exclaimed, catching everyone’s attention. Both teams separated and huddled together before discussing their next strategy. “Alright. Our team is obviously losing. For now, let’s change positions. Kyungsoo, you’re replacing Kris hyung as the new goalkeeper; use the earth to protect the goal.”, Baekhyun said before turning to his other members.

 

“Tao, Chen and I will defend with our powers. Kris hyung, Suho hyung and Lizzy noona, attack them.”, he continued as everyone nodded their heads in acknowledgement of their new positions. “Alright, fighting!”, Baekhyun shouted as his team members cheered loudly.

 

Luhan smirked before facing his team members and informing them of their opponent’s new setup. “Kyungsoo might build a shield from the ground so we need people who can penetrate it. I can do it with my power, and I’m pretty sure Sehun can too.”, Luhan said as he looked at the younger to confirm.

 

Sehun nodded his head confidently as the elder smiled. “So this is what we’re going to do, Attackers will be Sehun, Lay and I. Defenders will remain the same, Xiumin hyung and Chanyeol. The goal keeper will be…”, Luhan said and dragged on as he looked at his mate, who blinked back innocently.

 

“No matter what, don’t get the ball near the goal. If the ball hurts Jieun, I’ll strangle all of you.”, Luhan threatened as his teammates gulped before nodding their heads. “Alright, let’s do this!”, Luhan shouted and everyone cheered before getting into their positions.

 

“Alright! Start!”

-----------------------------

 

Hey Huggies~! I'm finally back and I'm now continuing this story! WOOHOO! Anyway thank you for waiting for me to update! I really appreciate it and I just wanna hug you guys so much!! Also, because I'm continuing this story again, I might not be able to update as frequently as I did before. I have to focus on my other stories too and I have work. So.... I'm going to update this story every 3 weeks. Please wait for me! 

 

PS: I hope you guys like it and below is just a recap of their powers in case you forgot.

 

Luhan's Team;

Xiumin: Cryokinesis (Frost)

Luhan: Telekinesis and Mind Reading

Lay: Healing

Chanyeol: Pyrokinesis (Fire)

Kai: Teleportation

Sehun: Wind

Jieun: Unknown

 

Lizzy’s team;

Lizzy: Creation

Kris: Flight

Suho: Hydrokinesis (Water)

Baekhyun: Light

Chen: Electrokinesis (Electricity)

Kyungsoo: Terrakinesis (Earth)

Tao: Time

 

PPS: Leave story comments!! <3<3<3<3<3