Awakening

Vampire Family (Sequel to Mr. Vampire)

“J-Jieun?”, Luhan stuttered as they stared into each other’s eyes. He couldn’t believe his eyes. His mate has finally opened her eyes but there was no emotion or life in them and Luhan prayed that nothing was wrong.

 

Luckily for him, his prayer was answered when her eyes slowly became gentle and the familiar warmth filled them as she started blinking back at him. “Luhan.”, she called out, voice coarse from just waking up, as he grinned from ear to ear before pulling her into his arms.

 

No words were needed or exchanged as they found comfort in each other’s arms. “I missed you.”, “I’m sorry.”, “Welcome back.”, and “Don’t ever leave me again.”, were all conveyed in the hug. They stayed in the embrace for what seemed like forever, both not moving away from each other, as they cherished the moment.

 

After five minutes, which was a very long time for the both of them, Luhan slowly pulled away from her and caressed her cheek as she opened her eyes; looking at him with as much love she was feeling at the moment.

 

“There are so many things I want to ask you but I’m glad you’re back.”, he whispered in relief and confusion after noticing little differences about her; her red eyes, slightly more fair skin tone, and most importantly, her weak heartbeat.

 

She had missed his voice so much; she couldn’t stop the smile that spread across her face. “I love you.”, she mouthed before placing her lips on his as the both of them closed their eyes to savour the connection while their hearts beat faster, though still weak.

 

A second after their lips connected, Jieun pulled away to stare worriedly at her mate. “What’s wrong?”, she asked in her thoughts as she gently wiped his tears from his face while his eyes remained closed. “Oppa.”, she called out and he opened his eyes as Jieun watched the emotions circling in them.

 

He was tired and hungry, but the strongest emotions he showed were relief and love. “Thank you. Thank you for coming back to me.”, he thanked after nuzzling his face into the crook of her neck, letting his tears of happiness flow freely, as she wrapped her arms around him to comfort him.

 

The room was filled with a comfortable silence until a knock on the door broke through. “Luhan, are you alright?”, Kris’s voice could be heard in Luhan’s head as he ignored the elder, unconsciously shaking his head, and returned his attention to his mate’s warmth. Jieun giggled at her mate’s childlike actions before slowly pushing him away from her, earning a pout from him.

 

“I think it’s time for you to officially introduce me to your family. And this time, please don’t be jealous.”, she informed as he pouted and sulked. “But I want to spend more time with you~ And you were clearly drooling at them.”, he whined as she chuckled before kissing his cheek.

 

“You can spend as much time with me as you want.”, she said, ignoring his comments about her drooling, while Luhan stares at her hopefully before she continued, “After you introduce me to them.” He pouted in reply and he mumbled incoherent things under his breath as she giggled.

 

“Come on, oppa.”, she motivated and place her feet on the ground. As soon as she added her weight to her legs, she found herself falling forward. Her body had forgotten what it felt like to walk or even stand again, causing the loss of balance. Jieun immediately shut her eyes when she was just a few inches from the ground; bracing herself for impact, but of course, she didn’t feel it; Luhan had caught her just before her body collided with the floor.

 

“Are you ok?!”, Luhan asked frantically, pulling her up against his body, supporting her weight, as he searched for any injuries. “I’m fine, oppa. Thank you.”, she thanked as she steadied herself with his help while he continues to stare in concern.

 

Even after Jieun had steadied herself, Luhan didn’t want to let her go. “Oppa, I’m really fine.”, she said and laughed as Luhan ignored her and guided her to the door. “After I introduce you to everyone, we’re coming straight back here.”, he mumbled under his breath firmly, as she sighed and rolled her eyes.

 

Luhan can be really protective sometimes but hey, she’s definitely not complaining. A few more knocks could be heard and anyone could tell that whoever it was, was getting impatient. When they neared the door, both Luhan and Jieun could sense that there was more than one person outside their door, causing her to stiffen.

 

“Are you ok? If you’re not, then I can introduce you to everyone another day. We don’t have to rush this.”, he said frantically after noticing her muscles tensing up. “I’m fine, oppa; just a little overwhelmed by the number of people outside the door.”, she explained as he nodded his head in understanding before staring at her like she had grown multiple heads.

 

“How do you know the number of people outside the door?”, Luhan asked, staring at his mate in wonder, curiosity and, confusion, causing her to giggle at his expression. “I’ll explain later with everybody around, so you don’t have to repeat it to them, but I’ll just tell you that I can sense their presence.”

 

Luhan just continued to stare at her, not believing a word she said, waiting for her to tell the truth. Jieun sighed before pinpointing the number of people in certain rooms. “There are 4 people outside and 2 coming up the stairs, probably joining the 4. Do you want me to tell you where the only female is?”

 

“How the heck did she know that?!”, Luhan screamed in his head as he stared at her with bulging eyes and mouth hanging wide open. Jieun couldn’t help but laugh at how stupid, yet at the same time adorable, her mate looked before saying that she’ll explain later. “Alright, but you have to explain everything from the start, alright?”, he asked as she nodded her head.

 

“What is she hiding from me?”, he asked himself as he opened the door and was about to greet his brothers and sister, until Jieun pulled him towards her. He was about to ask the reason for her actions when he heard Jieun snarl at another vampire, crouching low after pushing him behind her.

 

Tao, sensing an unknown vampire near his brother, snarled at her and took a step before throwing himself at her. He clashed into Jieun and twisted her head off–Not giving her any time to struggle-, as her headless body fell to the floor. The sudden vision caused Luhan to freeze his brother just before he made the leap.

 

“Tao!”, Luhan and the rest of his family shouted as the said person turned to stare at Luhan before staring at Jieun. She had straightened herself and was standing next to her mate as Tao narrowed his eyes at her before widening in realization. “She’s alive?!”, he exclaimed as everyone’s attention fall onto the couple; particularly on Jieun.

 

Her being alive was quite a shock but imagine seeing her with red eyes! She looked the same as she did a month ago and they would have thought she was still human if it weren’t for the fact that her eyes were red. “Luhan, unfreeze Tao. After that you have some explaining to do.”

 

Luhan warned Tao not to do anything stupid to his mate before following Kris’s instruction and releasing him from his power. “Now explain to us how she is alive when she clearly had no heartbeat for a month.”, Xiumin said firmly as Luhan controlled himself from getting angry at the elder.

 

“I’ll explain, but first, do you want to gather at the living room instead? I think everyone has to sit down for my story.”, she said gently and smiled at everyone as they nodded before gathering at the living room.

 

“What happened when Tao barged into the room?”, Luhan asked his mate, asking about the scene he had seen in her head of Tao attacking her, as she shrugged her shoulders in reply before saying she was not sure.

 

Soon, everyone was settled comfortably on the sofas in the living room. On the 4 seater sofa, Tao was seating in between Xiumin and Kris, with Lay next to him. Chen and his mate, Lizzy, were seated in a loveseat while Jieun was sitting on Luhan’s lap as he sat on a single sofa.

 

“Firstly, I’m very sorry Tao oppa for my behaviour.”, Jieun said sincerely as she bowed 90 degrees before resuming her seat and continuing, “But you were about to hurt Luhan oppa and I couldn’t allow that. I just saw you kicking him after he opened the door and he literally crashed to the wall at the end of the room.”

 

Everyone –Including Luhan.- stared at her as she apologized again before asking them not to ask her any questions about it as she didn’t know much about it either. Everyone remained silent and she took this as a cue to start explaining how she was alive.

 

Jieun started explaining from the moment she appeared in her mind; meeting her mother, watching her locked memories from when she was younger and most importantly, talking about her bloodline. After she finished talking, she almost burst out laughing when she looked at their faces. Every single one of them had the same expression; eyes almost bulging out from their sockets and mouth wide open.

 

It took all her will –Probably more.- to refrain herself from laughing and practically rolling on the floor! “Wait. So, you’re saying that you survived because of your vampire blood?”, Lizzy, the first to recover from the shock, asked as Jieun nodded her head in reply. Slowly everyone recovered and stared at her in fascination.

 

“Please don’t stare at me like that. I feel like a zoo animal.”, she said, fidgeting slightly, as everyone laughed before apologizing. “So, erm, did your mom tell you anything about your diet?”, Lay asked and before Jieun could reply, Luhan shook his head. “She didn’t say anything about that.”

 

She raised an eyebrow at her mate and he smiled sheepishly. “I saw your memories when you were talking about them. Having a clear memory from the age of 1 month is quite impressive and you were very cute.”, he explained as she shook her head, knowing something like this would have happened.

 

“So, let’s get this straight. You’re half vampire and half human but because you died,”, Chen said causing Luhan to flinch slight at the word ‘died’ as he continued, “you became a full vampire?” Jieun intertwined her fingers with Luhan’s, trying her best to comfort him, as she nodded in reply to Chen’s question.

 

“But you look the same. Are you sure you’re a full vampire now?”, Tao asked as she blinked at him in confusion. “Am I supposed to look different?”, she asked, clearly confused, as everyone in the room nodded their heads. “Wait. So that means oppa looked different before he became a vampire?”, she asked excitedly as Luhan sighed.

 

“Yes, he was the ugliest thing alive.”, Chen said as the victim narrowed his eyes at him. “I was not. I was just a human going through puberty.”, Luhan retorted as Jieun bit her lower lip to refrain from laughing out loud.

 

“I can hear you laughing.”, Luhan mumbled as he tickled his mate causing her to laugh out loud before tumbling onto the floor. Luhan didn’t let her breathe as he got on top of her and continued attacking her. Everyone smiled at the two of them as they sighed in relief, happy their brother was back.

 

“Kris? Has Luhan left… his… room…”, Suho asked as he stared at the couple on the floor, with his family following behind him. The couple were in their own world, unconsciously ignoring the newcomers, as they continued to laugh until someone called Jieun’s name.

 

Luhan stopped tickling her as both him and his mate, turned to stare at the owner of the voice. “You’re… alive…”, Baekhyun forced out in confusion as she narrowed her eyes at him, wondering who he was. “Jieun.”, he called again and was about to start running towards her when Luhan snarled at him.

 

“Luhan, they’re family.”, Kris said, trying to calm the vampire as he shook his head and crouched above his mate protectively. “I don’t care if he’s family or not. Hugging Jieun is out of the question for any of you; She’s mine.”, Luhan explained as everyone’s eyes widened. “How did you know I wanted to hug her?”, Baekhyun asked confused as Luhan snarled at him again.

 

“Luhan, he’s not going to hurt me.”, his mate said, assuring him, as he pouted in reply. “But he’s going to hug you~ No male is allowed to touch you.”, he said sternly, with a hint of threat, as she giggled at him while every male in the room gulped. “You’re being silly. Why would a guy hug me? Except for him since he was relieved to see me alive.”

 

“How are you alive?”, Suho said causing Luhan to narrow his eyes before quickly adding, “And it’s not to offend you or anything, but didn’t your heart stop beating?” Jieun looked up at them and smiled when she finally recognized their faces. “Maybe you want to take a seat first, Suho oppa.”, she advised as both Luhan and her detached themselves from the floor.

 

After another minute of reciting how she was alive, another set of six awe struck faces could be seen, causing Tao, Chen and Luhan to laugh out loud at them. “Oh my God! You should see your faces! This is priceless!”, Tao commented and continued to laugh as Jieun rolled her eyes.

 

“Oh please. You should have seen your face! It was exactly the same as theirs! And the same goes to all of you.”, Jieun retorted, signalling to EXO M and Lizzy, as Tao stuck his tongue out at her childishly before continuing to laugh.

 

“Jieun”, Baekhyun called softly causing the said person to look at him before he continued, “I’m sorry. I should have listened to you when you said he was dying.” Jieun heart softened at the sight of the red haired vampire. He looked as if he had blamed himself for all that has happened for the past month!

 

“It’s alright. Luhan is alive and that’s all that matters to me. In fact, I would have died peacefully if my vampire blood didn’t revive me.”, she said as Luhan frowned at her. “So you’ll die peacefully knowing I would suffer for eternity knowing that I practically killed you?”

 

Jieun laughed at his choice of words before pecking his lips. “I would have died happily knowing you’re still alive. I’m not the only one that needs you. Your brothers need you too and you leaving them behind, after a long time apart, is just too cruel.”

 

Luhan frowned, knowing what she said was true, while everyone else smiled at her words. “She’s a sweet girl. Treasure her, Lulu.”, Xiumin thought as Luhan turned and smiled at him after tightening his hold on her.

 

“Wait. So your parents were hunted down by your grandfather just because they eloped and ran away?”, Suho asked as Jieun nodded her head sadly. “Then wouldn’t your grandfather come after you too?”, Chanyeol commented as everyone stared at her, in fear of what he said coming true.

 

Jieun thought about it before biting her lower lip. “I’m not sure, but I think the reason why he hasn’t found me is because he doesn’t know about me. At least, I’m hoping he doesn’t.”, she said as Luhan smiled at her in assurance.

 

“Don’t worry. Even if he does come after you, he’ll have to go through us. And just to inform you, we are not weak either.”, Kris said as Jieun smiled in reply while Luhan nodded at him, a way of saying thanks.

 

“He has to go through us too.”, all of EXO K said at the same time as they stared at each other in shock. They didn’t realise they all had the same thoughts. “Thank you, but I wouldn’t want to involve any of you. I don’t want any of you to get hurt because of me.”, she said as everyone scoffed.

 

“Have you seen the things we can do? You can ask him to bring an army and it still wouldn’t be enough to stop us!”, Tao exclaimed as everyone chuckled and agreeing with him. “Jieun, you don’t have to worry. If he does come for you, I’m sure Luhan hyung wouldn’t let him do anything to you.”, Kyungsoo said as the said person smiled and rested his head against her back.

 

“I won’t let anything hurt you. I’ll tear them apart as long as they think about.”, Luhan swore causing her to smile and turn to him. “I know.”, she told him lovingly through her thoughts before connecting their lips together.

 

“I love you.”, Luhan confessed as she smiled wider and connected their lips again. “Oh my gosh, get a room!”, Sehun exclaimed as everyone, including the two, laughed at the youngest outburst.

 

----------------------------------

Ok. I lied. It's a double update~ XD 

 

Jieun, after awakening; Remember! 

tumblr_n1cr19pGJY1stkwfyo1_500.jpg

 

COMMENT and SUBSCRIBE if you haven't!

 

THANK YOU AND LOVE YOU!!

<3<3<3<3<3

 

tumblr_mjf4fsAu2j1s82lexo2_500.gif