Chapter 6

We Were Brothers

 Max and the manager got into Jaejoong’s car and sped away in the direction of the house.

“Alright so first of all we will need to turn left after the lake right up ahead.”  Max approached the lake accelerating until he was going 95 mph.  

“You said left up here?” Max clarified.

“Right”

“Oh so it’s right now?” Max changed lanes.  

“What? No! I meant ‘right’ as in ‘correct you need to go left’. Turn left up here!”  Max whipped the car around to turn left, nearly colliding with a car in the opposite lane.  

“You could have killed us!” the manager screamed, “right after you pass the railroad tracks take the center lane, the road forks off into three different paths”. “Right on, we’ll be there in no time.”  

They sped through the fields, past various landmarks, through a forest, over a bridge crossing a raging river, up a very large hill; zigzagging through the roads until eventually they found the clearing by the woods.  There was not a person in sight, and the last sign of any life that they had seen was a cabin tucked away in the trees about a mile back.  

They parked the car behind some bushes so it wasn’t visible from the road, and Max jumped out of the car impatiently waiting for Kris and the others to arrive. About 10 minutes later Kris pulled up to find Max pacing in the middle of the street and the manager lying in the tall grass, obviously annoyed with Max’s continuous nagging.

 

..........................................

 

“Where have you been? Yunho could have been taken to the moon by now for all we know!  We need to find him ASAP!”  

Kris nodded and Tao and Key got out of the car.  Tao was wielding dual handguns, holstered away on his belt for the moment.  Key happened to be looking at his mirror at the time, and Max just rolled his eyes at him.  Kris had a kunai knife in the inside of his jacket, and a collection of throwing knives.  Max glanced at the grown-over pathway that they would follow to the house.  He led the way, pushing away the branches, and urging the others to keep up.  

“He’s like an army general” Key complained, “can’t we just rest for a bit?”

“We’re almost there” Kris answered, “Right after we get past this fence we should be able to…”  

Suddenly a bullet whizzed by his head.  They all threw themselves on the ground, Max pulled out a pair of binoculars and crawled forward so he could peer through the fence.  He surveyed the area and then reported to the rest of the group,

“Looks like there are 6 guards stationed outside.  2 snipers, one on the roof behind the chimney, the other is up in a tree over to the right.  Two guards are by the front entrance, another is guarding an entrance which looks like it goes into a dungeon of some sort.  The last one is patrolling the area, walking in a large square around the house so he can see everything.  This mission won’t be easy, but we don’t need to get out of this with any fatalities either,” he handed each of them a taser gun, a can of pepper spray, and a gun filled with 2 tranquilizer darts each.

“These darts only last for half an hour so we need to move fast once the first one is fired.  There are 5 of us so that means there are only 10 darts in total.  There are 6 guards already outside and probably more inside so use your taser whenever possible.”

They split up, Tao and Kris moving off to attack from the left side, and Max and the manager to the right.  Key volunteered to stay back and let them know if anything odd happened, such as someone pulling up the house.  Tao and Kris stood behind a tree as still as they could.  

As the patrol guard grew near he was about 10 feet away from them.  Tao looked to make sure that they were out of sight of the other guards, and then jumped him, bringing him back into the woods covering his mouth.  When the guard had stopped struggling Kris tried to ask him questions about any information he had that would help in the search for Yunho.  

“I’m not telling you anything except that there is no way you guys will succeed in your ‘rescue’ mission.  Shim has been planning this out for a while now, and by the time that you even get anywhere close he will be on to you and you will be eliminated, or it will be too late and you will find that Yunho has already been put to good use.”  He smiled, and Tao realizing that they weren’t going to get anything out of them hit him over the head with a tree branch and the guard fell to the ground.  

“We don’t have time for this, if he knew anything it would take a lot of work to get it out of him, and time is something that we definitely do not have right now.” He pulled off his shirt and slipped on the guard’s jacket and buttoned it up.  He took off the guard’s hat also and put it on, pulling it low over his eyes, and grabbed the rifle that he had been carrying.  He glanced at the house, and then slipped into formation, following the guard’s routine path.

 Max made his way over to the tree where the sniper was sitting, surveilling the area.  

“There’s no way I’ll make it up the tree without being noticed, I’ll have to use one of the darts.”  He aimed through the branches and fired, hitting the sniper straight in the neck and knocking him out for now.

 

.....................................................

 

 Tao continued his walk around the perimeters until he was familiar with everything in the area.  

“Hey you! Patrol guard! Get over here, what do you think you are doing?”  

Tao looked up to see one of the guards by the doorway calling him over.  He adjusted his hat, and looked at the ground, trying to avoid being suspected.  Was it already too late?  Had their plan already been foiled?  

“Rotation was fifteen minutes ago! I’m supposed to be on break right now, you want to take my place now or what?”  Tao nodded and the guard left to go inside.  He stood by the doorway, and noticed that the other guard that was watching the doorway was taking a nap.  The dungeon guard was fiddling with some grass and didn’t pay any attention to him.  Tao grabbed a rather large stone and knocked out the sleeping guard next to him to make sure he wouldn’t wake up, and dragged him behind some bushes.  He noticed Kris aiming his tranquilizer gun at the roof, and heard a thud above him as the guard fell down.  

That was four guards already taken care of, one inside, and the dungeon guard.  Tao looked over to see Kris sneak up behind the dungeon guard and take him out with the taser.  

Max and the manager regrouped with them, and they realized they had made progress but they were only just now ready to go inside, and that was where the real challenge would lay. 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Thanks for reading!

giphy.gif

And comment pwease! OR ELSE KRIS WILL GET YOU....O.O

oRvi8Lg.gif