Chapter 3

We Were Brothers

“Don’t you get it?!!” Shim yelled as he flung his arm out and walked closer to Yunho.  “I’ve been living in my brother’s shadow my whole life! He got whatever he wanted! He was perfect at everything..there was no one who could beat his high notes….no one who could defeat him at sports….everyone, even I, had tried to get him to settle down and find something he couldn’t do and work on that….everyone, except for one person. You….you, Yunho! You got to him somehow and convinced him that he had to be the best singer for the band.”

“Wait! So this is all about me?! You took me and stressed your own brother just to get to me?!!” Yunho yelled. He was holding back all his might not to jump up and punch Shim in the face.

“Brother?! I’m his STEP-brother! I would never accept the fact if we were bound by blood.” Yunho let out a gust of air,

“You disgust me..” Shim breathed in and reached over to slap Yunho.

“You sicken me! I can’t believe you would try to get revenge over such a stupid thing! I have my doubts and days where Max may drive me crazy…but I do know one thing, is that Max would never…EVER…..try to ruin someone’s life just because he is upset or overly jealous, unlike some people.”

Yunho yelled as he stood up to face Shim who had only been an inch taller.

“No, No! This is something bigger than that…something that many people like you wouldn’t even understand, Mr. ‘I’m so cool Yunho’. Something…bigger….indeed.” Yunho scrunched his face and jumped forward to punch Shim until one of his men took a hold of Yunho’s shirt and flung him backwards toward the wall. “Don’t worry, you will see Max..real soon…” Shim said as he walked out of the room and locked it behind him.

“AAHHH!!! Ok that’s it…I’m going to get out of here..now.” Yunho inwardly screamed to himself. Looking around everywhere for something he could use to unlock the door, Yunho began to think about how he was not about to let Shim get away with this; he knew he had to be the leader he was meant to be and help Max. Spotting something shiny out of the corner of his eye and grabbing it.

Yunho exclaimed in excitement, “Yes! A bobby pin!!” he ran over to the door and began to work on opening it. Twisting, turning the pin in the key hole had been very confusing and Yunho was getting angry. “Dammit!! I can’t get this thing open!”

–click-

Yunho gasped and jumped up opening the door with haste. His heart raced thinking of how he was able to do this and run to Max telling him sorry for everything that has happened, until he wasn’t even able to take two steps outside the door with an angered faced Shim standing in front of him. Yunho’s eyes watered as he took a small step forward and fell into Shim followed by a slight punch to Shim’s jaw. Shim bent over Yunho and took a hold of his index finger.

“AHHH!!” Yunho screamed as Shim’s foot crushed into his side; bending back his index finger and sliding something cold onto it.

“AH…what is this? My ring?! Where did you?......”

Yunho’s eyes scrunched and a tear fell to the cold ground beneath him. Gritting his teeth he grabbed Shim’s ankle and twisted it followed by a sharp yelp from Shim as he fell to the ground. Yunho began to get to his feet and maintain balance, holding his side that now often sent sharp pains every time he took a step. Shim blew his bangs away from his eyes and jumped to his feet, slowly walking behind Yunho; watching his untimed steps through the hallway. He pulled out a small device with two buttons on them, one red and one blue. “It’s a shame Yunho….” He began while Yunho still proceeded as fast as his pained body could go. With one press of a button, Yunho could feel a strange feeling coming from his ring that was now on his finger and shook his hand. Electricity was surging through his body at a fast pace; the situation had not been analyzed in Yunho’s head soon enough to let the power take over. Yunho stood up straight and stared at the wall by the next corner, still, as if dead.

.....

Max slowly backed out of Yunho’s room and walked downstairs approaching the manager. “Manager…” he slowly spoke, letting the manager turn around to face him. “We won’t be able to do this with just the two of us…we need more people”. The manager smiled at Max and put a warm hand onto his shoulder opening his mouth to speak.

“Max, you need to find your old friends, your true friends, and bring them here. I will help you, so don’t worry about Yunho and go get help.” Max smiled at the manager and forced a hug as he was about to cry; but men don’t cry, Max was going to be strong and get his best friend back, no matter how hard.

He and the manager grabbed their jackets and ran out the door.

“Here” The manager said to Max as he tossed different keys towards Max.

“I haven’t seen these keys before; these aren’t the van’s keys.” Max strangely looked at the manager. The manager smiled.

“Look behind the house, every ‘Hero’ needs a cool car.” Max’s jaw dropped and his heart began to race. ‘No way….this is just like in the movies!!!’ Max thought to himself as he quickly ran past the gate to the back of the house in excitement. Sure enough, sitting underneath a grey cover was the shape of a car. Max pulled off the cover as fast as he could just hoping for the car of his dreams….  

 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQsOs6UsmYf8Wg0anx4sBJ

 

  “A hello kitty Ferrari???!!!!??!” Max yelled in surprisement as his phone started to ring.

“Hello??” It was the manager.

“Oh yah! I forgot to tell you about Hero’s car! He wanted hello kitty so we got him that one, it’s the only one we have plus it’s a Ferrari…have fun!”

Max dropped his phone in time with his jaw as he stared at the disturbing sight in front of him. He scrunched his face and balled his fists throwing them into the air as he yelled, “JJJJJAAAAAEEEEEEJJJJJJJOOOOONNNNNGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”.

Max kicked the wheel as he opened the car and sat in the driver’s seat. Turning on the car he heard the wonderful roar that rattled his body and ears sending chills down his body…. “Coool…” He whispered, not noticing what he had just commented on about the bright pink ride he was about to actually take out into public.

“Hello Hero” A woman’s voice came out from the car that made Max jump in his seat.

“H-hello car…” Max replied in a high pitched voice.

“Where is the destination today master Hero, I hope it’s by our favorite spot, or maybe….we are going there….after dark??.…” The woman’s voice came out as she ally spoke from the speakers. The doors automatically locked and the windows tinted themselves leaving Max’s mouth open wide.

“U-um….who are you?” Max stuttered as he awkwardly scooted up properly in his seat. A light appeared out of the screen above the radio and shone in Max’s right eye scanning to see who was really in the driver’s seat. Suddenly, the car turned itself off for a long 30 second pause and turned itself back on only to command the seat belt to quickly pull itself over Max’s chest and buckle him up.

“Max, long time no see, how’s my baby?”

“Oh, Jaejoong, your car?? She’s just……wonderful!” Jaejoong chuckled through the speakers.

“Good! Have her drive you to wherever you need to go; she’s a beauty aint’ she?!”

“Jae…she’s hello kitty…” The speaker soon shut off and the woman’s voice had reappeared. “Where is the destination Master Max?”

“Ummm, to the bank first, Mrs….uh…” “You can call me….. Kitty…” Max’s eyes widened as he puffed out a strange breath of air; in a matter of seconds, the car drove off by itself and headed towards the bank. As soon as the car arrived at the bank Max grabbed the keys and locked the car looking up at the giant bank building. He sighed, “Key Bank..” he read and proceeded to walk into the building and up to the front desk. “Um, would it be possible for me to see the manager?” The woman at the desk slowly looked up at Max and whispered, “He’s in a meeting right now, do you mind waiting for about 20 minutes?”

“Sure” Max whispered back and walked over to the lounge and sat down resting his head on the back of the couch he had seated himself in. Max slightly opened his right eye and caught a strangely familiar man walking over to the front desk. The man was almost as tall as Max and wore a professional suit and tie that matched the tone and presence of the man himself.

“Max?” the man asked as he had turned and noticed Max lounging in the area.

“Minho?! Hey long time no see!” They shook hands and exchanged a friendly pat on the back.  

 “Wow, I had no idea I would see you here; you always go to the Xiah-side bank!” Minho said as he sat down in the nearest lounge chair. Minho adjusted his tie and cleared his throat. “So, it looks like you are looking for Key….is there a special reason you need to see him? You two haven’t talked in a long while.”

Max looked up from the stain that he was staring at on the ground and spoke in a slow tone. “Yunho is in trouble for a reason I don’t know why.  I need all the help that I can get, and I was hoping Key would know what to do.” 

In the background a strange man walked by with an enormous bucket of chicken, looking enamored as he looked forward to stuff his face with the juicy flavorful chicken.  He tripped and fell on his face, saving as much chicken as he could from hitting the floor and lay down on the ground crying over his losses. 

Max shook his head and looked back at Minho trying to block out the scene that had just happened before him.  Minho looked up at him full of concern, “I will take you up to Key, and he will know what to do.  I wish I could help you more but I am preoccupied with...” he turned and looked at the man still holding a few pieces of chicken and looking more depressed than ever, “…other things.” 

Max smiled, “I appreciate your help, I really do; I am just really worried about the guy, this is my entire fault isn’t it.  If it wasn’t for my brother..”  Minho shook his head then put his hand on his shoulder.  “There’s nothing you could have done, we will find him don’t worry, come with me – we will get this sorted out as soon as possible.” 

Minho walked up some nearby stairs and Max followed behind him.  Where could he have gone?  Max thought over all of the things that had happened so far leading up to the disappearance.  Finally they arrived at the office.  Without knocking, Minho turned the door handle and walked in.  Sitting on top of the desk was Jonghyun with his stunning white hair facing Key, the manager of the bank.  Jonghyun turned suddenly to face the now open door catching a glimpse of Max.  He uncomfortably looked between Key and the door before getting up and quickly scuffling out of the room. Minho scrunched his eyebrows in confusion and shook his head as he had wondered about why Jonghyun was so quiet.

“Key, you have a visitor.” Minho said before nodding at Max and walking out of the room. “Come in, come in, and don’t trip over that.” Key said as he pointed to the square shaped lump underneath the carpet. Max walked around the carpet and stood in front of the desk to face Key who was not paying any attention to him. “Long time…” Max started to say before Key interrupted.

“…no see; I know. What brings you here? I have a bunch of work to do and I have a fashion show to attend at seven. It is six forty-five you have ten minutes then I must go.”  Max started to pour out as many details as he could think of while Key listened intensely with his fingers crossed on the desk.  When he was done, Key took a few moments to ponder what he had just heard before responding,

“Well what would you like me to help you with?”  Max looked down, he had been in such a rush for any person that could be of assistance, but hadn’t really thought about what kind of help he really needed. 

“I need you to come with me to help look for him.  We can look for any clues possible and retrace our steps.”

  Key wondered what would be the best way to turn down this foolish predicament that didn’t involve him.  He had more important things to spend his time on: buying new clothes, researching the latest fashions, looking for new accessories, counting his money, playing with his luscious hair, putting moisturizer on his skin, staring at himself in the mirror, admiring the… Max broke into Key’s thoughts, “I really need this help Key, in fact if you do help me there may or may not be some exclusive, one-of-a-kind, newest fashion, expensive, beautiful clothes that I am in possession over that I could give to you..” 

Before he could finish, Key stood up from his desk slamming his laptop shut and walking toward the door,

“I’m going, let’s go find Yunho.”  He grabbed his jacket and walked out into the hallway putting on his hat and coat and rushing past Max.  Max wondered what he would do when Key found out about his bluff, he better start writing his will now.  He followed behind him, anxious to find his friend as soon as possible.  He couldn’t imagine where he was or what he was thinking at the moment.  What could Shim have done to him?  To what lengths would he go to get back at his brother?  He knew that Shim had a fiery temper, and although Yunho was strong Max didn’t know how long he would last or what condition he would be in when he returned home.  If he returned...no, he couldn’t be thinking like that.  Yunho would be found, and he was going to be okay.  He had to be okay.  Key and Max got into Jae’s car and Max rolled his eyes as the car started speaking to him again. 

“Oh, so Max, just out of curiosity, when are you going to get those clothes to me?”

  Max looked at him thinking does this guy ever think of anything else? 

“Let’s find Yunho first, and then we can talk.”  Key sat back in his seat and pulled down the mirror on the visor to adjust his hair.  He made various faces, and Max looked over at him before shaking his head and starting the car.

.....

Kris laid back in the driver’s seat of the slick black Bugatti Veyron, slowly turning his head over to Tao who was sitting in the passenger seat attentively watching Key and Max enter the hot pink Ferrari. “So…..you think his mom got him that car?” Kris raised an eyebrow and asked Tao. Tao shook his head, continuing to stare awkwardly at the hello kitty designs. As soon as the pink Ferrari began to drive off Kris started the car and slowly followed. 

 

....................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

 

Minho

Jonghyun

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRjMfjxw-PKmEtfgHlGYv1

Key-(only one with crazy colored hair...cause' it's Key!)

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQgRR6ARyNXA0AeFHRLWV5

Kris

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSsQzS8P7rVXfd_CxbFTAs

Tao

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ2XSswCVZ2ikrgZpDyW9u

 

If our chapters are too short, let us know and we will lengthen them a bit! Otherwise, thanks for reading! <3