Chapter 1

We Were Brothers

Yunho finally caught up to where Max was standing. “Wow Max you need to slow down!” he called, “Oh! You must be Max’s twin brother, I was talking earlier about how I wanted to meet you while we were in town, mannaseo bangawoyo!” He bowed his head in respect, and reached out to shake his hand in the common American greeting. “Ah yes, the infamous U-Know Yunho, I have been looking forward to our meeting for quite some time. I am very curious to know who my brother spends his time with,” he replied, glancing at his brother and smirking before turning back to Yunho. “Oh I am so glad that Max and I ran into you,” he glanced at Max, who was standing still and staring straight at his brother, emotionless. “Come Yunho, we should be leaving now,” Max replied, and grabbed Yunho’s arm and turned to walk away. Yunho glanced back at Max’s brother, and then at Max, unsure of what to say next. “Let’s not forget our last meeting brother,” Max’s brother called after him, “I will never forgive you for what happened, and don’t you ever forget it.” Max continued walking until they were finally back at the apartment.

Before he could enter the door, Yunho stopped him, “Hey do you want to explain what happened back there? What was he talking about, he wouldn’t forgive you, and did you forget about the tteokbokki? How could Max Changmin forget about food! Are you sick?” He reached out to feel Max’s head, as if checking for a fever. Max sighed and turned back to the door and walked inside, “I don’t want to talk about it, just leave me alone for a little while.” He walked into the back room and closed the door, and Yunho stared after him before sitting down on the couch in the living room. “What is up with him, I have never seen him like this before,” he said to himself “maybe I should call up the manager; he will know what to do. He picked up the phone, and dialed the number to the cell phone of the manager. It ringed a couple of times before the manager picked up the phone. “Hello? Manager? Yeah there’s something wrong with Changmin, any ideas on what I should do?” the manager laughed on the other side of the phone. “Well have you tried feeding him? That usually does the trick” the manager replied, “and he brought back those Fruit Loops right?” Yunho glanced over at the door to the back room, and walked out the door, “I think it has something to do with his brother, we ran into him on the streets on the way back from the store.” The phone went silent, then the manager answered in a very serious voice, “I’ll be right over, it would be best to leave him alone right now, just wait there and don’t move, I’ll be over there as soon as possible.”

Yunho slowly hung up the phone and stared at the floor. “What could be Max’s deal with his brother? Did they have a fight?” He wondered to himself. Ten minutes had passed and the doorbell finally rang. “Ah! Manager!” Yunho yelled. He opened the door and sure enough the manager was standing there with a different face from what he usually had shown. The manager looked scared in a way that Yunho could not make out. The manager sat Yunho down and began to speak. “Changmin has never liked to talk about his family so that is why his mood changes when the subject comes up. When Changmin was 14 his mother died and his father, well, his father had gotten remarried. Along with the mother had been her son, Shim. Right off the bat, Shim and Max had never gotten along. Max always felt inferior to his older brother; he said that he couldn’t handle Shim being treated better than him. Then, one day, Max had come home to find a letter on the kitchen table addressed to him stating that he had officially become the last member of the boy band TVXQ. Max’s face had lit up and he began to get really excited. Meanwhile, Shim, was reading his letter he had gotten, scowling at the thought his younger brother could have gotten into SM. Shim was not happy at all; he believed that he should have been the one to become famous and wealthy, but no, his little brother had been deemed the spot. Ever since then Shim has treated Max very coldly; he stole things from him, pushed him around, and always ruined plans that Max had made. Shim even went to the extent of posting embarrassing things of Max on his twitter.” Yunho looked disgustedly at the manager while holding his breath. “I had no idea Max was going through all of this!” Yunho’s face had become red and he gritted his teeth. “I’m going to kill this Shim!” “Woah! Hold on there a second Yunho, we don’t want anyone to ruin your guys’ career just by being caught from starting a fight.” The manager said and he stood up off of the couch. “You guys better get some sleep; tomorrow we are going to look at the costumes for the concert.” Yunho nodded and stepped up the stairs, thinking of what had been told to him. He knew he needed to do something about the situation, and fast.

Yunho woke up slowly and sat up in his bed. The morning was very bright and he could hear the birds chirping outside his window. "Max!!! Get up its time to go check out our costumes!!!" Yunho got up and walked into Maxs room. "Max?!" Yunho’s heart began to beat wildly after noticing that Max was not in his room. "Manager! Manager!" Yunho yelled as he ran down the stairs, almost tripping over his own feet. "Manager! Max is gone!!" The manager looked at Yunho with wide eyes. “We have to go find him!! We will be late for the costume session; plus I’m worried about him now that we have met his brother.” Yunho and the manager quickly grabbed their coats and shoes and ran out the door. “We will split up, Yunho, go this way and I will go this way!” the manager yelled as he pointed his finger towards the east. Yunho took off as soon as the manager had pointed the way; desperately looking for that could be anywhere. “Where is he? He couldn’t have gone that far?” Yunho thought to himself. He ran all the way to the market and ran to the cereal aisle; he practically had gone anywhere where there was food, but no Changmin. Yunho was about to run out of the store when from the corner of his eye he had caught someone peering at him through two aisles away. His eyebrow raised and he began to run after the figure. “Hey! Get back here!!” Yunho yelled. The figure sure had been fast, as shown with Yunho gasping for air half way through running. The figure ran into a giant parking lot next to a restaurant and hopped into a big white van that sped away. Yunho fell to his knees and caught his breath before looking up to see where the van had screeched off to. “What…. the hell….. was that?!” Yunho yelled to himself in between deep breaths.

Max took a giant bite out of his delicious tteokbokki and gave a big grin to himself. “AAAHH!! What a nice day for some tteokbokki!” Max exclaimed as he stretched himself out in the chair he had sat down in by the street. “Ah…enjoying yourself are you?” Max looked up to face Shim. Max narrowed his eyes angrily at Shim and stood up; beginning to walk away.” Shim grabbed his arm and Max spun around dropping his tteokbokki. “Yah! What’s your problem! Just leave me alone.” Max yelled pulling his arm away from Shim’s grasp. “Well….that’s not a nice way to greet your brother that you haven’t seen in a while, is it?” Shim smirked at Max. “I just saw you yesterday, do you really think I’m going to be nice and greet you after all these years of how you treated me?!” Max snarled as he turned around again and started to walk away. He had gotten down the block before he noticed his brother was still following him. “What is his problem?” he thought to himself. “Why can’t we just go our separate ways?” “So Max, I’ve been thinking…” Max ignored Shim and kept walking. “What would have happened if I were to have gotten to be the last member of tvxq? How would you feel?” Max still kept ignoring him and turned the corner in a quick manner; hoping that Shim would get tired and turn back. There was a brief moment of silence. “I have Yunho…” was all Max could hear before stopping and turning back to his brother with wide eyes. Shim gave him a calm smile and reached into his pocket, pulling out a cellphone; it was only then that Max realized Yunho’s phone had been in the hands of his twin brother. “What will you do brother?” Shim spoke up, smirking and then giggling at the pale, confused face before him.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry if this chapter was short! We will be making our chapters longer as the story continues for sure! Thanks so much for reading and don't forget to comment! Bye! <3

hbdjs6.gif