03

Rhythm of Love

* Italicize = thoughts & phone messages

 

Practice was over and both dance groups headed home except for one person.

“Luna are you sure you wanna keep practicing?” Yoona asked.

Luna nodded. “I need to perfect this routine.”

“Luna you already did! You are like the best dancer out of this whole class.” Tiffany said proudly.

“Kamsahamnida Tiffany-ssi.” I bowed.

Yuri frowned knowing they won’t win this battle again. She knows very well that Luna will do anything just to perfect a routine.

“Alright then. I’ll stay here and help if you want.” Yuri offered.

Luna shook her head. “You need rest Yuri-ssi! I’ll lock up when I’m done.”

Yuri sighed. “Neh. Be careful. Call me when you get home.”

Luna smiled and bowed. Yuri stopped at the door and took one glance at Luna. Luna was already practicing to the routine with her earphones playing the music. Yuri smiled and left the studio.

 

- - - - -

“I’m so tired.” Dongwoon yawned.

“I wanna eat!” Yoseob grinned.

“You always want to eat.” Hyungseung said.

“Food and I go hand in hand. Just like Hyung and coke goes hand in hand.” Yoseob explained.

Junhyung glared at him and took a sip of his coke. “Leave me and coke out of this.”

The guys just laughed. Doojoon noticed Kikwang was very quiet.

“What’s wrong Kwang?” he asked.

“Huh? Oh nothing. I’m just thinking.” Kikwang replied.

“About that Noona with that mean Noona earlier?” Dongwoon said.

“Y-yah!” Kikwang blushed.

“Does Kwangie have a crush on her?” Hyungseung teased as he pinched his cheek.

“L-leave me alone!” Kikwang pouted.

“You know your aeygo won’t work on us.” Junhyung smirked.

“Aish you guys always tease me.” Kikwang grumbled and shoved his hands in his pocket.

He noticed something different. “Aish I forgot my phone at the studio again!”

“You always do and this time we made it to the exit.” Junhyung nagged.

“Hey that’s just my phone. You always lose your mp3 player, socks, shirts, shoes, pants-.”

“Yeah we get it.” Junhyung covered his mouth.

“Do you want us to wait for you?” Doojoon asked.

“Nah go ahead of me! I’ll meet you at the dorm.” Kikwang said and ran up the stairs.

“Yah lets go.” Hyungseung said.

The other member shrugged and headed off to the dorm without him.

Kikwang went back into the dance studio and found his phone sitting next to the control box. He grinned and walked back out with his phone.

 

As he was making his way down the steps he saw a light still on at the girl’s dance studio. Curiously he walked over to it and peered in.

A girl is still here? It’s almost midnight though.

He watched the girl danced and was memorized by her movements.

Wow she’s good.

The girl stopped dancing and took off her ear phones. She turned around and went over to her bag for something.

Kikwang gasped. I-i-it’s the girl from earlier with Yuri Noona!

He leaned closer to the door and watched her. Wow she’s so pretty.

Suddenly his arm opened the door and he stumbled in. Luna was alarmed by his actions and screamed. Kikwang frowned and looked up at her. Luna sighed. It’s the boy from upstairs.

“J-junmal mianhae!” Kikwang quickly got up and bowed multiple times.

“A-aniyo! You just startled me.” Luna replied nervously.

She has never been alone or really ever talked to one of the boys from upstairs before. Kikwang grabbed his bag and sling it over his shoulder.

“Umm..you’re a great dancer.” Kikwang smiled nervously.

“Ah kamsahamnida!” She bowed.

Kikwang chuckled. “You don’t have to be formal with me.”

“Ah mianhaeyo!” Luna said then covered .

Kikwang laughed and walked towards her. “So what’s your name?”

“Je ireum-en Luna.” Luna bowed.

“Haha I’m Kikwang.” Kikwang bowed.

Luna nodded and silence filled the air. Kikwang nervously scratched the back of his head.  Aish what do I say to her?

“What are you still doing here if I don’t mind asking?” Luna piped up.

“Oh I just left my phone upstairs in the dance room. Why are you still here? It’s almost midnight.”

“I was just practicing a routine for the concert next week. Aren’t you performing with your dance group?”

Kikwang nodded. “Yeah! I hope we do well.”

“I’m sure you will.” Luna smiled.

Kikwang blushed at her smile. She’s so cute. He snapped out of his thoughts. “Can I walk you home? I know we just met, but I just wanna make sure you get home safely.”

“Umm s-sure!” Luna stuttered. Aish Luna why are you stuttering!

Kikwang smiled. “Kaja!”

Luna blushed and gathered her things. He’s so cute when he smiles.

They reached downstairs and Luna locked the door. They walked side by side in silence.

What do I say to her now?

What do I say to him now?

“So..” Luna and Kikwang said unison.

“Ah mianhaeyo! You can speak first!” Luna said.

“Ani. Ladies first.” Kikwang smiled.

“Aniyo! It’s fine you can go first.”

Kikwang laughed. “We aren’t getting anywhere if we’re gonna keep doing this.”

Luna looked at the ground. “Mianhaeyo.”

“No need to say sorry or be formal!”

“Ah mianhaeyo!....aish there I go again.” Luna grumbled angrily as she bonked herself on the head.

Kikwang chuckled at her cute actions and grabbed her arm. “Don’t do that or else you’ll ruin your hair.”

“Mianhaeyo…my parents always tell me to speak formally.” Luna bowed.

“Ah a girl who grew up with class. I like that.” Kikwang grinned.

Luna blushed. They kept walking until a grumbling sound came from both of their stomachs. They looked at each other and laughed.

“Hahaha are you hungry?” Kikwang asked.

Luna shyly nodded.

“Ah come on let’s get a midnight snack then!” Kikwang suggested.

“Ah it’s alright! I left my wallet at home.” Luna said.

“Then I’m treating a yeppuda girl tonight.” Kikwang winked and grabbed Luna’s hand.

Luna turned red and followed him.

They stopped in front of a dukbokki cart.

“Two dukbokki please?” Kikwang ordered and handed the lady his money. He got the food and handed one to Luna.

“Ah I can’t. I feel bad.” Luna hung her head low.

“Don’t feel bad! I’ll be sad if you don’t eat it.” Kikwang pouted.

Luna blushed and took a bowl from him. She stared at it and was hesitant to eat it. Kikwang picked his toothpick in one of them and held it up to .

“Ah!” he said.

“Ah it’s alright I can fe-”

Kikwang placed the dukbokki in and pulled out the toothpick. Luna’s eyes widen as she chewed it. Kikwang just smiled at her.

“Good right?”

Luna nodded. “Kamsahamnida, but I can feed myself.”

“I know.” Kikwang said in a cute voice and walked ahead of her. Luna popped one dukbokki in and ran up to Kikwang’s side.

 

- - - - -

“Kamsahamnida Kikwang-ssi for walking me home and the dukbokki.” Luna bowed.

“Not a problem at all. We should hang out more sometime neh?” Kikwang asked.

Luna cheeks turned slightly pink and nodded. “Neh!”

“I”ll see you tomorrow at the studio?”

“Mmm! Good night and have a safe trip home.”

Kikwang nodded and began to walk away until he stopped. Luna just stood there watching him. He walked back to her and put his hand out. Luna looked at Kikwang confusingly.

“Let me see your phone.”

Luna pulled out her phone from her pocket and handed it to him. Kikwang put his number in there and texted his phone with hers. He gave back her phone satisfied.

“There! Now I can tell you if I got home safely. Goodnight Luna.”  Kikwang winked and began to walk away.

Luna just stood there speechless. I-i got his number.

She ran inside her apartment and placed her things on the couch. She put her phone beside her bed before she got ready for bed. Once she was done she lay in bed and waited for Kikwang’s text.

I hope he got home safely.

Just as she was about to close her eyes her phone vibrated.

To: Luna

From: Kikwang

Pretty girl I made it home safely :]

Luna blushed at his text. He called me pretty.

To: Kikwang

From: Luna

I’m glad you did Kikwang-ssi :]

Luna pressed send and put her phone on her chest. She thought about the night she spent with him.

Kikwang finished getting ready for bed and plopped on his bed. All of the other members were fast asleep except for one.

His phone vibrated.

To: Kikwang

From: Luna

I’m glad you did Kikwang-ssi :]

Kikwang smiled to himself.

To: Luna

From: Kikwang

Go get some sleep now pretty girl! I wanna see your cute face tomorrow with a smile on it.

Goodnight Luna :]

Kikwang pressed send and grinned.

“Yah why are you grinning to yourself like an idiot?” Junhyung asked out of blue.

Kikwang jumped out of his skin. He didn’t know he was awake.

“Y-yah! Don’t scare me like that!” Kikwang put his hand over his chest.

“Where were you? It’s almost two.” He questioned.

“I’ll tell you later. Goodnight.” Kikwang muttered and turned away.

His phone vibrated again.

To: Kikwang

From: Luna

Goodnight Kikwang-ssi :]

Kikwang felt the butterflies and put his phone right beside his pillow. A smile was on his face before he fell asleep. 

 

 

 

I hope I'm not confusing anyone with which is Kikwang and Luna thoughts. If so just comment below and I'll color code them :] Now 3 more chapters to go ;]