Who?

That Girl

 

As the two younglings disappeared from their sight, Himchan went back from scavenging her bag for its content. On the other side, the two guys started talking to each other in a hush voice. Being the curious girl she is, Himchan tried to catch whatever audible words she can get from their conversation.

"So...she's the one??" she heard the guy Mr. High-nose is with asked.

"Yeah! Isn't she pretty?"

"I can't tell. So the letter is effective."

"I dunno. They did not met that day."

"I thought it's the other girl."

"Who?"

At that point Himchan looked at them and stared to let them feel that she was listening. She found the other guy motioned his lips and pointed to the stairs where Yongguk and Jieun went.

"No! That's the friend."

"Ow!'

Himchan crossed her arms after hearing Mr. High-nose said that. Are they talking about Jieun? They caught Himchan's curiosity by such remarks.

"Have you seen the other two?"

"I've seen them all. The noonas are pretty!!" The guys both laugh but was cut off when Himchan loudly clear and got reminded that she was there.

Both guys looked and faced Himchan whose arms are across her chest and smiling menacingly.

"You're Himchan, right?" asked the other guy then moved his face near her to get a better look at Himchan. She did not falter as she stares back at him whom she just met today. She doesn't want to looked afraid of them unlike the other day. She started to check him out.

The guy has a light brown specks on his hair that makes him looked a rebel. But then his smiling face negates it. His face is glowing too. You can't but wonder if he's one of those guys who spend hours at night taking care of his skin. But the most prominent feature he has was his big mouth and thick lips. He is handsome too like Mr. High-nose.

"Yeah, and you are...?"

"Daehyun. Jung Daehyun," and a wink end his introduction. Himchan got taken aback with such action that she curls her lips out of disgust. What was that about?

"Do you know my name?" the smaller guy then asked her. Himchan shakes her head.

"I'm Jongup. Bang Jongup..."

"B-bang?"

"Yup! I'm Yongguk hyung's younger brother."

"What?!!"

 

~

 

So apparently the two guys that Himchan's with are Yongguk's relatives. Talk about how big their family is. The guy whom she started to like is JongUp, Yongguk's younger brother. The guy who has an eye smile that made your day beautiful. That's JongUp. Himchan can't believe that he is five years younger than Yongguk. Five years! A large between him and his brother Yongguk, same as her and her younger brother Zelo. But between her and Zelo it's six years.

She never expected Jongup to be that young. Because he looked older than his age, really! He has a mature face just like Yongguk. Even though his height is a few inches lower than hers, his eyes, defined cheekbones and pointed chin makes him a bit older. Or maybe his body built makes him older. The first time she saw him in that jersey showing his muscular arms, she instantly though they are of same age. Also JongUp and Yongguk don’t look alike. Who among them looked like their mother, and who looked like their father. Looking at these brothers made you think of such things.

And the other guy is Daehyun. He was a second degree cousin of the Bang brothers. This guy is cute just by smiling and showing his wrinkly cheeks. Looking a far he definitely a sight to see until you get to know him. That's Daehyun. If Himchan did not resist she might pokes his cheeks, or pinch them to show affection. He is three years younger than her. His mother and Yongguk's mother are first cousins.

Daehyun is definitely a blabber mouth. She spends only a few minutes with the cousins. In a span on five minutes he already revealed that their family lives together in a large compound that their grandparents provided for them. The cousins have more boys than girls, making them a strong group. He even revealed that girls in their family are strong willed and had a hard time getting a boyfriend because of their male cousins. He was also about to talk on other things about their family if only Jongup didn't nudge him to stop. When Jieun returned she asked her if those stories about Bang's family are true. And to her surprise she claims that it is true. She once went to that compound while stalking Yongguk. 

While they are waiting for Yongguk and Jieun to return there are a few minutes of silence between them and Himchan was annoyed by it. She started coming up with topic to discuss. And the best topic to talk is the person not around them: Yongguk.

"You and Yongguk don't look similar, in any small way whatsoever," Himchan can't help herself asking the guys. "Are you really okay to include him to your gene pool? I think you are being nice to Yongguk to accept him as family member. Both of you..." Himchan pause for a second and point her fingers to both of them, "...are good looking!?"

"Aish~!" Daehyun laugh at her. "That's not what I often hear at home."

"Hyung is popular with girls, isn't it enough reason to say he's handsome?"

Then Himchan remembers Jieun. Ahh! Those girls.

"Being popular among girls doesn't mean you are handsome."

Both guys then look at each other.

"Maybe he's charming. Or full of humor...my classmate admires his smiles a lot."

"I don't see what's admirable on him. Maybe because I'm not a girl as he always mentioned."

"You're not a girl?? Since when?"

"Oh not long time ago." Himchan laugh and wink at Jongup. "Let's make it a secret, okay?" Himchan showed a big smile and offer a hand shake at Jongup. Jongup can only laugh while Daehyun smirks.

"I have a cooler way of handshake," Jongup suddenly said. He then showed his hand and asked her to copy him. A little bump here and there and a few twist of their knuckles. After a few mistakes they tried a faster movement of their hands and both laugh at the result. The handshakes ends with both of them pointing at each other as if it was a successful event. The three of them laugh.

By then they noticed Yongguk has already arrived, with that annoying looked in his eyes while staring at them. Jongup quickly stand up from his sitting position and wave his hands to his hyung.

"Hyung!!'