What are Boys?

That Girl

The alarm rang to indicate the end of the first period of class. All students rise to bow at the current professor before the teacher dismissed them. At this moment Himchan immediately went out of the room to check the bulletin board for the practice schedule of their club. She leave Hyosung and Jieun talking inside their classroom.

The bulletin board is next to the room of the top class which was four doors away from their room. There are a few students already at the hallway, blocking her way. And before she reached the bulletin board someone throws a ball at her. Thanks to her quick reflex she block-hold the ball which came from above. She heard students around her shrieked and seems avoiding something, and then she realized it's a flying ball out of nowhere. If she did not notice it at once it could knocked her. It landed in her hands...safely, almost hitting her chest.

"Oopss! Sorry!" Himchan heard someone from her right side said. She looked for the person who spoke. Then she saw Yongguk slowly running towards her, along with the other guys. It's that guy again. Bang Yongguk. That...guy, Himchan told herself.

Yongguk and his friends are wearing a basketball jersey with sweats here and there. She looked at the ball. It was a ball for soccer but those guys are wearing basketball jerseys.

"Thanks for catching the ball," a guy shorter than Yongguk said to her. He was the first one to reach her and asked for the ball. Himchan can only nod and passed the ball to him. Her mind is still clouded and unaware of what's happening. Also she was mesmerized by the smile of the guy who spoke to her.

She'd never seen that guy before around school. He seemed to be a friend of Yongguk. She was fascinated by the bunny teeth that was showing when he smiles. Also that high nose with a mole near his nose bridge.

Wow! she said silently to herself as she can't help but admire that guy's nose. She remember her deceased father who also have a high nose whom she got her nose from.

"Thank God you're not hurt. I got worried when it was thrown at your way. You suddenly appeared from that side."

"Uhm...You are supposed to play it inside the court. This is a hallway, not a playground. People are walking around here."

"I know but..."

"I told you she can catch it," Yongguk said to his friends. He had a proud tone when he said it and his friends nod in agreement.

"She really know how to catch the ball. Keen reflex!" the other guy from the back commented.

Himchan got confused. Why are they talking about me?

Her brows suddenly twitch and began scanning the faces around her. She didn't notice that five guys are around her. Yongguk and that high-nosed guy are in front of her, while the others are at her sides, surrounding her. She suddenly panicked.

Mayday! Mayday! Boys around me! This is not happening!! Oh my God!

Sweats started to form around her forehead and her heart beats faster than normal that she unconsciously touch her chest to calm it a bit.

"Are you okay?" the high-nosed guy asked her.

Himchan look at him and didn't understand what he just said. She heard him talked but her understanding is failing her. She just stand there opening in confusion, not aware that she is staring at the guy too long.

"You looked like you got hit by a ball. But I saw that you did not. Are you really alright?"

Yongguk stare intensely at Himchan wondering why she didn't answered back. He then pout and let out a quick sigh after noticing  she's staring too long at the other guy. He grabs her arms and push it a bit to move her attention to him and face him instead. He cocked his head and let a disappointing smirks. She still having a blank face with sweats now dripping off her forehead.

"Are you having a shock of your life now that you are staring at a good looking face? Maybe this is the first time you see a muscled guy? Are you mesmerized now?" Yongguk cockily said to her crossing his arms to show off his arm muscles. He is waiting for Himchan to react to him but she seems not herself. When he was annoying her with such comment she quickly grab his hair and pull it. But not today. Something is amiss.

"Himchannie!" they all suddenly heard someone shouted from a distance. All of them look at the owner of that shrieking voice.

"Hyosung-ah!" Himchan shouted back in a weak voice.

It's her friends, Hyosung, Jieun and Hyorin walking towards her.

"It's almost time for class. What are you doing?!" Hyosung said leading the other girls to Himchan.

The boys surrounding Himchan disperse and went to Yongguk's side, giving Himchan more breathing space.

"Are you okay, Channie?" Hyorin touch her forehead and got worried when she felt her hair wet from sweats. Himchan was then moved away from them while Hyosung deal with Yongguk's group.

"And who among  you is bullying Himchan, huh?" Hyosung is now attacking the boys. Pointing her finger to each of Yongguk's friends.

"Noona, we are only asking her."

"She just stand there like a statue, we didn't do anything to her."

"And you call it nothing? Surrounding her like a prey?"

"Hyosung-ah, stop!" Yongguk said in a low voice then raising his hand for all of them to stop.

"I think she got drugged or something. She sweats a lot after seeing five handsome guys. It's known that girls become crazy being around us. And didn't know she can be affected." Jieun suddenly laugh at Yongguk's statement. Yongguk seeing that though it was funny. "And I didn't know she can be affected. I always forgot she was a girl too. Sorry!"

Yongguk shyly smile after saying such thing and bow his head as if he was ashamed about it. But then...

"ARRGG!!!!!!"

Yongguk got into his knees. Curled his body then he lay on the floor excruciating in pain that he got. Apparently, Yongguk got kicked at the groin by Himchan after hearing him say that. His friends was all shocked seeing Himchan.

"Whoooahhh~! What was that?!" they hear someone from Yongguk's friends said.

"WATCH YOUR MOUTH, YOU UGLY ONE! You are in no way handsome. Maybe your friends. But not you!!!"