Mistress 15

♔ I AM NOT A MISTRESS ♔

Nickhun sighed for the nth time today. Victoria’s words last night had been haunting him all the time. Remembering it , making he felt his body temperature rises. He knew that Victoria just joking about going into another man that was more handsome and richer than him. But why? Just thinking about it makes him boiled in anger.

 

He cannot imagine Victoria being with another man. Being comforted and embraced by someone else than was not him. A heavy sigh escaped from him. ‘Victoria will be forever mine !’ But is it true that Victoria was his in the first place ? Victoria was not his wife that he can shout to the world that she was his women. He will never let anyone touch her but how can he prevent it when Victoria was not officially his?

 

‘ Arghhh !!! ‘ Half of him want to scream that he had develop feeling to Victoria but a part of him had opposed because of his ego ! It is because two years ago he had warned her to not having feeling to him. And now ! He was half dead , missing her to death. Missing the woman that he saw everyday since two years ago.

 

‘ I want to be at home ! ‘ ‘ I want to see her ! ‘

 

His ringing phone snapped him from his uneasy feeling. His forehead creased when he saw the caller id. Victoria.

 

“ Victoria?”

 

But only silence greeted him on the other line. Nickhun’s eyebrow furrowed in confusion . “ Vic, are you there ? “

 

Nickhun’s heart beat faster. He knew something not good had happen to Victoria. “ Whats wrong , Vic ? Are you alright?”

 

“ I ... I ... want to go home. “ Her voice sound sad.

 

“ Go home? Why ? “ Victoria never talk about her hometown since she step into his house. And he never ask about it.

 

“ My ... My grandma had passed away...” Her sobs can be heard on the other line makes Nickhun stiff and lost for words. His heart clenched just by hearing her cries. She sounds so sad , is she that close to her grandma ?

 

“ Then , how do you want to go there ? “

 

“ If you allow me to go.. I will take a flight right away. “ Her words vibrated with sadness. Nickhun heaved a heavy sigh. Worried about letting Victoria go alone and not be in front of him makes him worried. Letting her go alone is a big NO !

 

“ No.No. You wait there. I will be home right away. “ As fast as he could , Nickhun ran out from the building and had asked his secretary to cancel all his appointment for three days. He wanted to be there for her.

 

When Nickhun reached the house , he quickly scanned the house , looking for her. He want to embrace and comforted her in his arms and wished the pain can be transfer to him. He can’t bear watching her cried in agony.

 

“ Vic , are you okay ? “ Nickhun ran to Vic who is hugging her knees on the sofa. Her face was filled with tears and her eyes turned red because of it. Although her face was stain in tears , she still look stunning in his eyes.

 

Nickhun quickly kneed in front of her and embraced her as tight as he can and because of this , her cries went louder. His heart broke when he heard Victoria cried hard like this. He put his hand behind her back and pulled her closer to calm her down. If the ache in her heart can be transfer to him , he would bear it as long as Victoria did not cry anymore.

 

“ I... I ...” Victoria felt her word stuck in . “.... did not get to see her... “

 

Victoria cried even louder , burying her face to his chest making his shirt wet because of the tears but Nickhun did not care about it. Victoria felt her heart ache even more when grandma’s face appears on her mind. Today , a call from Fei , a neighbour at her old home had given her a call telling that her grandma had leaves all of them. Hearing that , Victoria felt she had lost all the will to keep on surviving. The reality is too harsh.

 

“ Vic, don’t be like this... Maybe her time has come. “ Nickhun kissed the crown of her head. Lost for words. Really , he did not know how to face this because he never encounter such thing and he was not that close to his late grandparents. Victoria look so fragile and vulnerable.

 

Victoria released herself from him and wiped her tears stain cheeks. “ I .. want to go now. Can you send me to the airport ? “

 

Nickhun shook his head vigorously . “ I want to go with you. “

 

Victoria was shocked to his words. “ No... I don’t want any of the people in my town to talk about me again. “

 

“ Talk about what ? Is it wrong for me to send you ? “ Nickhun was confiused by her words. “ And this is emergency. “

 

“ You don’t understand.. People don’t like me there ... “ She sound so fragile and broken.

 

Nickhun did not want to ask her more about it when she look so down like this.

 

“ People will never stop talking. Don’t listen to them. “ Nickhun stand and bent to kiss her. “ Wait for me here , I ‘m gonna pack a few clothes. “

 

Victoria just stared at his leaving figure. Her tears fall again , looking at Nickhun ‘s sincere face. She felt touched by his concern. Victoria sighed and leaned her weak body to the sofa. She closed her eyes but tears still find it way to go out. ‘ If mother and father did not leaves me , of course my fate won’t be like this. And later , I will be looking at the faces that hates me. The faces who keep on putting the blame on me.

 

But this is the chance for her to see grandma. She need to stay strong although she know the consequences waiting for her.

 

 

“ Grandma... “

 

 

 

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know short updates but I am afraid that I can't update for a week because I had a vacation. So I post this up so that there will be a flow in this story.

Awww.... why I put Vic in this sad situation !! blame the novel author.. hahaha 

Stay tuned !

Thanks for reading , commenting and subscribing ~