Chapter 7

Time Scandal

                     “No, no, no. No! This can't possibly be true!” Bongrim was ruffling his hair as he kept repeating his mantra, walking around in high paced circles. “This isn't reality. It. Can't. Be. Hyobin!” His steps halted as he turned his body abruptly, facing Hyobin with an angered face.

                    “Master.” She began with a light bow. “I can't believe this happening either but using up your energy like this won't solve anything, master.” With a big sigh Bongrim sat himself down, crossed legs and crossed arms to show his annoyance by this event. Joonghoon scraped his throat awkwardly.

                    “So you guys aren't from around here, ey?” He nodded slowly, trying to comprehend the situation. “You guys...” Joonghoon gasped before showing his brightening grin, snipping his fingers as he pointed towards the pair. “Belong to the Seollal event!” An amazed smile formed his lips. “They've outdone themselves this year. Even getting good actors. You guys must be on your way to become famous!”

He chuckled as he walked around, ranting in his mind while letting some sentences escape his lips.

                    Yeah.. That must be it.. So there should be..” Joonghoon snipped his fingers again as he turned towards the other male on the ground. “Where is the hidden camera?!”

A big sigh followed with a grant laugh followed as Joonghoon continued searching around. “You guys had me there for a while. Making me believe you're some time travelers. Ha! I was almost foo-”

As Joonghoon's gaze fell onto the helpless face of Bongrim his words faltered.

                    “Don't tell me..”

 

 

                    “Where in heaven's name are you taking us, Chilsu!?” A panting prince exclaimed. Bongrim held tightly onto Hyobin's hand as he was dragged by Joonghoon.

                    “Just follow me and don't act... Weird!” He growled back. Bongrim tightened his grip on Hyobin's hand as she quietly followed. The stares of the people passing by not directed to any one of the two but towards the foul-looking grunting bull dragging the pair along.

After a while of dragging and pulling the trio managed to enter an apartment building hall. As the boys rested their backs, against the tiled wall to refill their lungs, Hyobin corrected her ruffled skirt. She huffed lightly and held up her chin. A quick glance towards her made the panting prince stand right up.

                    “Wherever we are must mean it is owned by you. Show us to your private chamber, Chilsu.” Bongrim commanded. A chuckle forced it's way out of Joonghoon's sore throat, standing himself up to get the keys out of his pocket.

                    “This place isn't mine. Just an abnormally tiny part of it. Let us go, Hyobin.” Although he answered the prince his gaze fell on the girl's stern features. His eyes smiling as he enjoyed ignoring the male stranger. Joonghoon raised his arm for her to take and when she complied after a short hesitation he guided them the way towards the elevators.

Once inside the crammed little place, and the sliding doors closed with a ding, all hell broke loose. Bongrim clammed himself against the railing, knuckles whitening as he could see all his blood draining from his face through the mirrored wall.

                    “What is this!? Where are you bringing us!? You peasant! How dare you upset a prince's stomach!” chantings of god's name followed in hisses as the elevator continued it's way up.

Hyobin stood quietly as always, her hand giving away her secret fear as she clamped onto the railing too. Although her face remained straight Joonghoon knew that she must have been as panicked as Bongrim was.

Her hurried steps gave her fear away as well after the elevator came to a stop at a floor.

                    “No Hyobin.” Joonghoon began as he pushed Bongrim back into the corner as he was about to sprint out. “This isn't my floor yet.” Joonghoon smiled awkwardly, giving a small bow to the stranger entering the elevator. Hyobin quietly but hesitantly walked back into the foreign moving box.

Bongrim was a lot more relaxed now, on the outside, at least he thought so. He tried to keep his cool with the pretty woman, who had entered the elevator, nearby. Even though the fake facade didn't stop her curious glances.

Joonghoon felt absolutely embarrassed at the awkward pair. Bringing 'friends' over whom stand stiffly in an elevator while clamping onto whatever they can doesn't help his image in his apartment building.

A loud ring tone echoed through the small cubicle and Bongrim literally jumped up and a away, as far away as possible in the small area possible. The tune continued on as Joonghoon grabbed his mobile device, glancing at the frightened prince.

                    “You should be honored to have been able to be this close to a prince!” Bongrim hissed at the clueless woman. He huffed before lifting his chin mighty in the air. Having forgotten about his fear for this terrifying cubicle but trying and wanting to forget his childish act of jumping and screaming for some dumb musical box. Joonghoon rolled his eyes and held his mobile to his ear just as the doors opened. Motioning for the two to come with him. As he stepped out of the elevator the stare of the woman burned into the back of his head uncomfortably.

                    “Joonghoon here.”

                    “Chilsu! Is that toilet in Africa or something?” The other answered right before Joonghoon's eyes widened, slapping himself in the face.

                    “Goddammit. I'm sorry! S-something came into my way. Or more like. Somebody and.. I'll make it up another time! Bye!” Before the answer could be heard Joonghoon hang up and fiddles with his keys. As he unlocked the door he swung the door open, revealing his humble place.

                    “Home, sweet home.”

The pair stormed in, not bothering to take off their shoes as they looked around frantically. Joonghoon blinked his eyes, staring at the two, as he removed his own shoes. He followed them inside and sat on his couch, watching the duo run and look around. The quiet and lovely Hyobin girl suddenly turned a full 180 degrees. She seemed more alike the goofy prince right now but still kept her charismatic calculating look.

As the pair began calming down in the hyper modern house they stood still in front of the sitting peasant.

                    “Master Bongrim. I've noticed we're not in public anymore. And, if I may say so myself, we do know this peasant called Chilsu for a while now. Since we should probably use him may I use informal speech to you and him in between these four walls, sir?” Hyobin began, her hands neatly folded in front of her stomach.

An evil glint flashed in Bongrim's eyes as a lazy smirk formed around his lips.

                    “Please do, Hyobin Concubine. You have my permission to.”

Joonghoon looked from one to another, not quite understanding the situation and what the sweet quiet girl was particularly asking for.

 

A loud roar-like scream followed with flying cushions, taken from the sofa, speeding passed Joonghoon's head. Startling him a lot.

                    “WHAT IN THE DEVIL'S NAME IS GOING ON!?”