The Death.

Lone house

She searched on the house on the net however there were no murder cases reported or injuries reported. No ghost seeing activity.

 

She didn’t get it.

She was supposed to see the figure in her room not in her sister’s.

After coming home, she found her sister crying on her mother’s lap.

 

“What happened?”   Mushrekah went to her sister.

 

“Girls bullied her again…and this time calling names in front of all.”

 

“Oh Apu…”   she patted on Murdiyah’s head; the hair. She was always the one suffering the most. She didn’t deserve any of this.

When her father came back; he couldn’t stand it anymore. He decided to report it to the dean and stop it once and for all.

So with that thought all went o bed after dinner.

 

Mushrekah this time couldn’t just sleep. Like any other time when she would be tired; tonight she was energized. As the clock strike 2 she shook up; realizing the sudden coldness and the brightness of the moon.

She slowly left the bed and walked out of the room; to Murdiyah’s door.

She peeked in and her eyes widened.

 

There was someone…

He was leaning on her sister…

He was breathing on her sister…

He was looking at her sister…

 

“Get away!”

She shouted and barged in and at that very moment he just vanished. However it woke her sister up; she turned the lights on.

 

“Mushi…what are you doing yelling? Do you want Munif to wake up?”

Murdiyah asked slowly.

 

“Apu…someone was here…”

 

“What are you talking about?”

 

“A man was in your room leaning on you.”

 

“Mushi…”   Murdiyah’s tone became serious.    “You very well know this is not funny. I hate this kinds of joke.”

 

“Murdi Apu I am not joking…I really…saw someone.”

 

“Go to sleep…please.”

Murdiyah muttered glumly and Mushrekah gave up arguing with her. It was no wonder why her sister hated this kind of things…even if not a joke. It brought back bad memories.

She walked to her room and slumped on the bed…and for the rest of the night; she did not sleep well.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

At school she hoped seeing Yoochun because he might be able to say more however he didn’t arrive. She thought someone would know him and asked few but none seemed to know him.

As if he never was in the class.

 

She thought of going to the teacher and get his address and number and when she did; she heard something very different.

 

“Yoochun was a student who died three years ago.”

 

“H-how?”

 

“His mother’s crazy friend killed him and went insane.”

She shook there…unable to breathe.

 

“How do you even know about that boy? Are you a relative or…friend of his?”

She didn’t say anything…she ran home…straight home.

She searched him up and read the story on him.

 

Park Yoochun, aged 15, was stabbed to death by his mother’s friend at night when she suddenly visited their household. His mother was sleeping and he let him in. when he was about to call his mother, she screamed all of a sudden and took the knife; stabbing him 17 times.

This was all the confession she gave…

Her reasons were…she saw the Person in him.

Yoochun was Him…

 

That made no sense…

During dinner she thought of bringing it up and when she did, her father dismissed her to bed early. He hated horror things and it wasn’t even written in the article that the woman lived here.

When she asked about the boy, they had no answer…

Their final conclusion was…she was lying.

 

She huffed every time she recalled it. Yoochun seemed too real…she lied on the bed and shut her eyes. As if few moments passed by, she opened her eyes however it seemed already that all had gone to bed…the lights were off. she didn’t turn them off.

 

“Strange…so soon?”

She turned her head to the clock and saw the time-2.

She shut her eyes again and opened them only to see a face very close to hers almost stopping her breath.

 

“AHHHHH!!!!”

As if all changed, she saw her lights already. Murdiyah and her parents rushed to her; holding her. She breathed heavily.

 

“What happened Mushi?”

 

“I –I-I saw someone…in my room and the lights…”   she looked at the clock…it was only 10.

 

“Who?”   her father asked.

 

“I…I don’t know.”

It was different man…white hair.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

School was quiet and Murdiyah’s situation had gotten better since the report but Mushrekah’s paranoia increased. Because she never saw Yoochun again and that weird things kept happening in her house like final destination.

Their mother slipped twice breaking her ankle.

Munif almost crawled outside when the door was closed but somehow opened.

Mustafa almost was electrocuted in the washing machine line when water somehow leaked out.

Their father almost choked on poisoned food which was thrown out but ended up in his plate.

Mushrekah herself almost slipped in the bathtub which could have killed her.

 

Murdiyah was the only one safe…

 

“Why the hell is this happening?”

Mushrekah mumbled as she stood near the lake…never before it seemed so sad. The wind flew by mourning in her ears. Even the air was telling her that this place was dangerous…

Yoochun appeared only once and she could tell that he was warning her…

This thing wanted to kill all but Murdiyah…why?

 

She heard her father yell once again as he had been doing these days due to troubles in the house. She walked inside and saw what the real trouble was…

Their uncle who had somehow come to Korea and was already at their father’s feet begging.

They had no idea how he found them and how he had the money to come here.

 

“Bhaijan please help me!”   he cried.   “I swear I will never do anything as such again!”

He was bowing to his brother but he pushed him away. He cried and went to their mother; his sister-in law.

 

“Bhabi! Please understand my situation! I am in dire need! They wont let me live if I don’t pay them back!”

 

“Who told you to get loan from them?! I don’t care! I will not put you dogs before my wife and children anymore!”

Their father instead answered.

Not getting any more solution he crawled to Mustafa who sniggered and backed away. He then fell near Mushrekah who grunted; being disgusted and walked to her father.

Lastly he crawled to Murdiyah…

 

Murdiyah hated him the most…for what he did to her.

 

“Murdi! I know what I did to you and I am suffering enough! Please convince your father!”

 

“Get your filthy hands off my daughter!”    their father slapped his brother away.

“You ruined my daughter! You touched her with your hands…dog…get out.”

 

“Brother please…”

 

“OUT!”

Hearing the piercing screams Munif started crying and their uncle knew it was all in vain. He stood up and walked out without words. Murdiyah suddenly started sobbing and fell on her knees and all went to her.

 

“Murdi…you don’t have to suffer anymore…calm down. You’re strong.”

She nodded and sniffed in.

This was the only thing keeping them together.

It was Murdiyah.

 

Nevertheless this thing will still try till he finishes all of them.

 

During dinner none of them spoke and despite Mushrekah’s many thoughts, she decided to keep it to themselves. Something was telling her that things were out of her hands now.

 

After dinner Mushrekah hugged everyone to their surprise and went to bed. She cried silently recalling the times when her sister had suffered, when her mother had suffered and when her entire had been under pressure all the time.

Back in home, their family was different. They were living together with their grandparents and uncles and aunts. They would always beat Murdi for any simple mistake. She and Mustafa knew how to fight off because Muridyah always protected them but Murdiyah herself was hurt. Their uncle went as far as ually abusing her but before any worse could happen; their father found out and had enough.

Their grandparents were trying to shove this off and live normally but their father decided to cut all off and transfer for the new job.

And…things had been going ever since. However it hasn’t been long though and Murdiyah still suffers.

 

Things will be fine.

Hold on.

Be strong.

 

“Oh what can I do? Help me…Yoochun…”

She had been hearing his voice since bad things have been happening.

He had been telling her that there was nothing else she could do because even if they leave…he will hunt them through others.

That was why he died…because he knew.

He knew about Him.

 

Now she knew about Him.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

I couldn’t help myself as usual; crying all out to my mother and father. Mustafa stood aside watching me. Mushrekah…being tired she had gone to bed. She had been acting very strange…saying things like there is someone in my room wanting something.

Her face had lost its glow she once had.

And now my father’s brother had to come and ruin all.

 

I was put to my bed…but I couldn’t stop. I prayed to my almighty to make all better as he always had. He will make things better. I chanted my prayer silently and closed my eyes when I heard the sounds on the roof.

Rain at night.

 

I don’t how long it had been when I opened my eyes. The lights were off and the rain was still falling and this time it seemed like a storm. I sat up and looked at the time to see 2 exactly. I heard noises from the next room. I got off my bed and went to Mushrekah’s room only to see her…crying all to herself; wrapped in her blanked.

 

“Mushi!”   I rushed to my sister hugging her.    “What’s the matter? Why are you crying?”

 

“Apu…apu we wont live…we wont live tonight. He keeps telling me…he keeps telling me. We made a mistake coming here…we wont live tonight apu…”

She ended up sobbing in my arms as I was lost in her words.

 

“Why are you saying that? what do you mean? Why wont we live? Who keeps telling you Mushi?”

 

“Him…the boy at the school who was killed three years ago…He made her do it because he knew all about Him. I know about him but I still don’t know what he wants…apu…we wont live…not even Munif…”

 

“Don’t say that. we are out of our miseries from back home anyway…god wont be so unfair to us…he cant be.”

As far as I knew this was just her imagination; I believed in my own words…god wont be so unfair to us…would he?

I heard noises of glass breaking. Must be a vase or something.

 

“Mushi; I will see to that. you stay here put. I will sleep with you tonight alright?”

She said nothing. I walked out and climbed down and walked through the dark corridor to the kitchen. It was only a glass.

 

“APU!!!!!!!!”

Mushrekah!

I ran upstairs to my room and saw my sister cowering at the corner of the bed.

 

“GET OUT! HE WANTS YOU APU! GET OUT!”

 

“What are you talking about? There is no one here! Snap out of it Mushi!”

 

“GET OUT! HE’S NEAR YOU!”

 

“What’s near me?!”

I shouted getting annoyed.

 

“LOOK IN THE MIRROR!”

I turned to the mirror immediately and…I saw…His fingers my…cheek.

 

I found you…

 

“RUN!”

Not without her. I screamed loud enough to wake all up and that’s when he vanished right in front of me. I ran to Mushrekah and held her up.

 

“Come on! We will go to the rest and get them out!”

 

“Its no use apu.!”   She cried…    “He will come back.”

 

“Why is he doing this?! How is this possible?!”

 

“He…wants you apu…he…”   she ended up sobbing. We had no time.

I pulled her with me; climbing down the stairs and banged on our parents door.

 

“OPEN UP! MA! BABA! WAKE UP! THERE IS SOMEONE IN THIS HOUSE! WE HAVE TO GET OUT! MUSTAFA!”

I called out from the corridor when I saw him rushing out.

 

“Apu! What’s wrong?”   he asked panicking.

 

“Call the police! We have to get out!”

He didn’t argue. He rushed to the dining room while I continued banging.

 

“AMMA! ABBA!”

 

“It’s no use…”   Mushrekah lost all of her will…and the rain just made it harder for us to have hope of going out on our own. Mustafa came out but…

 

“The phone doesn’t work…all the lines are cut.”

 

“Abba and amma aren’t waking up. Mustafa break this door!”

He nodded and hit the door. Not seeing any progress I decided to kick it with him. mushrekah…I don’t what happened to her. She fell down on her knees.

The door was finally broken and we entered to see them on their bed.

 

“Amma! Abba! Get up!”

I rushed to them and shook them.

 

“Now can you tell me what’s going on?”   Mustafa asked finally.

I didn’t answer him and continued shaking up when I realized that…Munif was sound asleep…he was a baby. He was supposed to wake up. I stopped and went to Munif’s cot and…

I was having trouble to breathe because…his face was blue…he wasn’t breathing.

 

“Mu-Munif…”

I held my baby brother as tears fell on my cheeks. He was no longer breathing.

 

“Cry please…cry for us…”

 

“What happened to him?”   Mustafa’s sounded astounded but angry. He knew yet didn’t want to believe it. Mushrekah was already broken.

 

“Please don’t joke apu! Munif! He’s…he’s alive!”   he fell on his knees crying on his palms…

And our parents…they were long gone from this world.

 

“WHAT IS GOING ON?!”

Mustafa yelled out…even I had no answer to that.

 

“Mushrekah was telling the truth. Something bad is in this house trying to hunt us…it didn’t even spare Munif…our baby Munif. We have to get out…now.”

 

“WE’LL KILL THIS SON OF A BICTH!”    he stood up and walked out of the room; determined to kill this thing. I let our brother on the bed in the middle of our parents and rushed behind him.

 

“Mustafa we need to stay together!”

 

“HOW CAN WE AFTER WHAT HE DID TO MUNIF?! HOW DID THIS EVEN HAPPEN?! WHY?!”

I don’t know…I could only give him the look that we needed each other now. He ended up crying loudly as the thunder and I went to him; hugging him.

 

“Please we need to get out…”

I pulled away and he nodded. We went to the door and tried but…it was locked. He tried breaking it but no use.

How did He do all this?

 

“I DON’T KNOW WHAT ELSE TO DO!”

Mustafa was anxious…being the only boy now; he felt the pressures protecting his sisters.

 

“We need to go to Musrekah.”

We went back to our parents and saw her there.

 

“Apu…”   she looked at us.    “We cant do anything…”

 

“Nonsense!”   I went and slapped her on her cheek.    “We will survive this!”

 

“How?! Look what he has done! He has cut out the world from us! He killed our parents and brother! He will keep hunting us! That’s what he does! He has been doing this from a long time! He…he told me…Yoochun told me…that’s how he died.”

 

“How can a thing like him exist?!”

Mustafa finally realized this was no human…

 

I’ll tell you how…

 

That voice…we could all hear it…

 

“I feel funny apu…”

Mustafa murmured and his body was pulled out of the room.

 

“MUSTAFA!”

I rushed out; leaving Mushrekah following his levitating body to his room but the door locked out on me.

I banged on the door.

 

“MUSTAFA! LET HIM OUT! LET MY BROTHER OUT! LET HIM GO! WHAT DO YOU WANT FROM US?!”

I kept banging on…I kept hitting the door but I could hear his screams. He called out to me…before his voice finally disappeared.

 

The door finally opened…

His body hung from the ceiling…

 

“MUSTAFA!!!!!!”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

She cried clinging on to Mustafa’s foot…his life was completely taken away from him. she could do nothing to save him. the way he called out to her was tragic. As if his last hope was her…

 

No. she still had her sister.

She still had Mushrekah left.

She left Mustafa hanging and rushed to her and she was still there.

She was still alive.

 

“Mushi! We need to go! Now!”

 

“All dead…all dead…”   she mumbled like an idiot but Murdiyah didn’t give up. She held Mushrekah up and dragged her out of the room when she felt Mushrekah had stopped; looking at something.

 

“What is it? what are you looking at?”

 

“Kn-knife…”

 

“What?”

And all of a sudden a knife hit her chest.

Her body fell on Murdiyah and she held her younger sister.

 

“Mushi…Mushrekah…”    Murdiyah stuttered with the sudden occurrence…

 

“Ap-apu…”   tears fell from her sister’s eyes as her life slowly was slipping away.    “I knew…I could see…”   she gasped plenty of air but wanted to say all that she could.

 

“I…I love you apu…you…you did all you could…just…just don’t give up…”

 

“Mushrekah don’t talk! We will survive! You will be alive! Oh god, don’t take her away from me! God don’t take her away! PLEASE DON’T TAKE HER AWAY!”

She cried very loudly and called out for their creator. He couldn’t do this to them…

 

“Apu…I must say my last prayer…”

She gasped and whispered the last verse and her breath stopped. Murdiyah hugged her body on her chest crying out for god and asking why he had done this to them.

 

Lastly, she let Mushrekah’s body go and stood up wiping her face.

She had enough.

 

“HERE I AM TOO! KILL ME! KILL ME YOU DEVIL! THIS IS WHAT YOU WANTED! RIP MY FLESH; DRINK MY BLOOD; DO WHATEVER YOU WANT!”

She screamed in anger.

 

“YOU WILL NEVER RECEIVE THE LOVE FROM GOD! YOU WILL NEVER BE GRANTED THE HEAVEN HE HAD PLANNED FOR US! YOU WILL NEVER BE HIS FAVOURITE!”

Her words were provoking…it could anger anyone and even the devil itself.

But he was no devil…

 

“Who said I wanted his love?”

She turned to see the thing before her…

 

“Who said I want to kill you?”

He walked to her as she stepped back.

 

Who said…?”

He took her arm that was freezing cold and finished.

 

I want heaven?”

What did he want?

 

“I wanted you…and I finally found you.”

She could feel the beast within him…his ulterior intent was her. She ran back to her room; intending the most sinful thing-jumping to her death. But he was there and threw her on the bed as she screamed her lungs out.

 

The rest of the night was hell for her.

Her body was thrashed all night.

Her dignity was taken.

Her confidence was lost.

Her hope had vanished.

God had failed to save her.

God had failed to protect a woman’s gem.

 

All was lost and taken from her-her life, her future and her strength.

In the end he spared her his name…

 

“Kim Junsu…The Death…”