Summerset

Order of the Wolf

Hansol took a deep breath as he admired himself in the mirror.  He wasn’t one to brag, but he did look nice.  He was fully prepared to go to the Summerset dance… and if he so happened to see Xero there, he would finally put an end to their conflict, once and for all.  There was a light knock at the door.

 

“It’s open!”

 

“Hey hyung, wow you look awesome!” Byungjoo said as he and Yano entered the room.

 

“Thanks, ready to go?” Hansol asked.  Byungjoo and Yano nodded and the three of them left for the activities hall.

---------------------------------------------------------

“Remember the plan you guys,” Kidoh whispered.  He and the others were hiding in the rafters of the activities hall, waiting for the dance to start.  They were dressed in all black with masks on, and their swords and shields were on their backs.  Sanggyun was equipped with a bow and arrow.

 

“Alright Sanggyun, wait until I give the command before you shoot, I wanna make sure we take out the lions first,” Jin said.  Sanggyun nodded.

 

“Nakta… now is not the time to be feeling nervous!” Kidoh whisper-shouted, taking notice of Nakta’s concerned expression.

 

“I’m not! It’s just… I don’t want anything to go wrong,”

 

“Then stay focused… it’s almost time,” Kidoh replied.

----------------------------------------------------

Hansol could hear the bass from the speakers before they even walked into the room.  It was packed with people dancing and others who were drinking punch or just talking.

 

“Man this is awesome!” Byungjoo said with a huge grin.

 

“Yeah it’s okay… it would be so much better if there were girls at this school,” Yano said as he walked over to get some punch.  Hansol noticed Xero standing by the snack table with Sehyuk and Sangdo and he started to walk over, but Byungjoo stopped him.

 

“Don’t go over there if you aren’t gonna apologize to him,”

 

“I already told you, I’m not the one who’s wrong here,”

 

“Look hyung, I voted for you to stay in the group because I hoped it would help you learn a lesson about second chances, but obviously you didn’t get the message… I don’t know what Xero did that was so bad, but clearly he’s in enough pain… if you won’t apologize, just leave him alone,”

 

Hansol couldn’t believe his ears… Byungjoo had never talked to him like that before.  He couldn’t even respond before he heard a loud scream.  He turned around and saw Yano, lying on the ground with a large arrow in his shoulder.  He and Byungjoo ran over, and seconds later Seogoong, Jenissi and Gohn joined them.  More arrows whipped through the air, catching all three of the other lions, but leaving Byungjoo and Hansol unharmed.  Four guys in black outfits dropped down from the rafters, holding swords and shields.  Everyone in the room was scrambling for safety and screaming for help.  Sehyuk and Sangdo stood in front of the four attackers, trying to reason with them.

 

“Are you guys okay!?” Hansol anxiously asked.

 

“Hansol, Byungjoo get back, they’ll be fine,” Hojoon ordered.

 

“He’s right, go!  I’ll handle this,” Gohn said, gritting his teeth in pain as his brown eyes turned yellow.  Hansol heard a fearsome roar and he turned around to see Sehyuk blowing a stream of fire at one of the attackers, who was hiding behind his shield.  Apparently the peaceful approach didn’t work.  One of them targeted Hansol, swinging his sword at him expertly.  Hansol managed to duck most of the strikes, but one caught him in the arm.  The attacker kicked him hard, sending him stumbling backwards and crashing into the snack table.  Byungjoo jumped on his back and while he was struggling to fight him off, Hansol focused on the punch bowl.  It began to shake before it slowly floated off the table and went flying into the masked man’s face, knocking him out cold. 

 

Another one attacked, taking advantage of the fact that the more experienced fighters were either occupied or injured.  Hansol closed his eyes as the warrior slashed at Byungjoo.  He could hear heavy breathing and growling, and when he opened his eyes… there was an enormous lion standing over Byungjoo, with the sword in its mouth.  He couldn’t believe his eyes… the lion snapped the blade in half with its powerful jaws, but the warrior was prepared.  He pulled out a small dart gun and shot what looked like a tranquilizer into the lion’s face, rendering it unconscious in mere seconds.  Moments later, Gohn was lying there, , in the lion’s place. 

 

The warrior aimed the gun at Hansol next.  Hansol’s desperation reached its peak as he felt a surge of energy course through his body.  His fingertips felt like they were on fire.  The room lit up as electricity shot from Hansol’s hands… and burned a hole right through his attacker’s chest.

 

It was almost like time slowed down in that moment.  Everything was silent as Hansol watched him fall to the ground.  Byungjoo looked on in horror and Hojoon’s jaw dropped as he turned around. 

 

“Come on, we need to go… now!” Hojoon said as he grabbed Hansol, pulling him outside.

 

“I-I killed him. I killed him… I killed him,” Hansol hysterically repeated as Hojoon tugged on his arm.

 

“Hansol, get a grip! Wait for us in the hideout!” Hojoon said as he clenched his fists.  There was a blinding flash of light and when his vision cleared, Hansol was standing in the hideout alone.  He fell to his knees and tears coated his cheeks.  He killed someone.  But the attacker was trying to kill him right? Wrong… he knew that the gun was only a tranquilizer, but he couldn’t control himself; his emotions were all over the place!  It wasn’t his fault right? Right!?

---------------------------------------------------

Kidoh rubbed his head as he regained consciousness.  That punch bowl came out of nowhere.  His vision was fuzzy, but he could clearly see the monsters fleeing the room, which was now completely free of students.  Mission accomplished… they made the monsters show their powers.

 

“Kidoh, help!” Sanggyun screamed.  Kidoh quickly stood up and turned around.  His stomach flipped at the sight in front of him.  A hole had been burned straight through one of his partners… Nakta was on the other side of the room and Sanggyun was right in front of him, so that meant…

 

He quickly pulled off the mask and covered his mouth as warm tears streamed down his face.

 

“Jin,” he whispered.  It was too late… he was gone.  Sanggyun kept shaking him, as if it would somehow bring him back.  Kidoh closed Jin’s eyes with his hand before he started sobbing…