Opposition

Order of the Wolf

Hansol showered and got dressed, but Xero never came back into the room.  He started walking off toward class, stepping over the puddles left over from last night’s storm.

 

“Hansol!”

 

He turned around and saw Seogoong and Gohn approaching him.

 

“Oh uh, hey guys,” he said quietly as Gohn slung his arm over his shoulder.

 

“Where ya headed?”  Seogoong asked.

 

“I have Web Design with Mr. Cho,” Hansol said.

 

“Cool, so do we!”

 

“Awesome,” Hansol whispered.  He was really nervous around Gohn and Seogoong due to their loud and somewhat overbearing personalities.

 

“Xero has this class too… where is he?” Gohn wondered aloud as they walked through the door to the classroom.  The room didn’t look quite like Hansol expected it to; it was much more colorful.

 

“I uh, I haven’t seen him since I woke up,” he mumbled as they sat down.  Xero entered a few moments later.  Hansol could see the anger in his eyes as he immediately turned away from them and took a seat by the window.

 


“Man… who pissed in his corn flakes?” Gohn whispered.  Seogoong shrugged and the teacher walked up in front of the class.

 

“Hello students, welcome to another year filled with mystery, excitement, and web design!” Mr. Cho said with wide eyes.  Hansol immediately zoned out and began to think about what happened between him and Xero.  Part of him wanted to believe that he was innocent… but the facts were right there, written in the pages of the journal.  Xero killed someone, plain and simple.  It wasn’t for self-defense, or for the greater good, it was out of anger, and lack of self-control.

 

Hansol shook himself from his thoughts and pulled out one of his empty notebooks.  Maybe his school work would distract him.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kidoh was a little late for class, but he didn’t mind at all.  He was in Mr. Woo’s class, and everyone knew that Mr. Woo just put on a movie and slept for the entire class period.  He walked inside the dimly lit room and sat in the back in between Jin and Nakta. 

 

“What’s up guys?”

 

“We’re jotting down notes for our plan, you got here just in time,” Sanggyun said.

 

“Here’s how we’ll do it… we’ll crash the dance in masks and armor, then we’ll attack them, forcing them to use their powers in front of everyone.  After all the students see them, they’ll be exposed and then the proper authorities will handle them,” Jin explained, careful not to let anyone hear.

 

“Proper authorities? Jin, we are the authorities… The Round Table was established to deal with these threats,” Kidoh replied.

 

“Times have changed Kidoh… we’re not the law anymore.  We’re supposed to be the good guys remember?” Jin said.

 

“I guess you’re right,” Kidoh mumbled. 

 

Nakta was crunching chips loudly, much to Sanggyun’s annoyance.

 

“Are you even paying attention to the plan?” Sanggyun asked, playfully poking the side of Nakta’s head.

 

“Of course! We’re gonna… uh… can you repeat the beginning, middle and end please?” Nakta said with a smile.  Kidoh rubbed his forehead and chuckled as the four of them decided to watch the movie.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

The bell rang and Hansol, Seogoong, and Gohn started to walk out of the classroom. 

 

“Hey Xero, wait a second!” Gohn called out.  Xero reluctantly stopped and turned around.

 

“Look Gohn… as long as he’s with you, I won’t be,” He snapped, before storming off.

 

“Uh… what did you do?” Seogoong asked, raising an eyebrow.

 

“Um… I may have read his journal and discovered one of his secrets,” Hansol admitted.  Gohn and Seogoong just stared at him blankly.

 

“Dude… Xero’s not a very secretive person, so when he’s keeping something private, you should really respect that,” Gohn said.  He and Seogoong ran off after Xero, leaving Hansol alone.

 

He walked to lunch in silence… a plate full of pizza and fries would definitely cheer him up.  He sat at one of the outside tables that had an awesome view of the coastline.

 

“Hey hyung!” Byungjoo yelled as he sat down across from Hansol.

 

“Hey,”

 

“What’s wrong?”

 

“Xero’s pissed at me,”

 

“Xero? But he seems so nice, what did you do?”

 

“Why does everyone assume that I did something wrong!? So what if I simply let my curiosity get the better of me?  That doesn’t excuse what he did, and it definitely does not make me a bad person!” Hansol screamed.  Byungjoo blinked and scratched his head.

 

“Um… okay then…” he replied as Hansol cleared his throat.

 

“Sorry, it’s been a long day,” Hansol said, popping a french fry into his mouth.  He looked down shamefully as Hojoon and Jenissi approached the table.

 

“Hey… Gohn told us what you did,” Jenissi said.

 

“Look, Xero’s pretty mad, but he just needs time to cool off.  You can stay in our room until that happens,” Hojoon offered.

 

“Thanks guys… but I think I’ll stay in my room,” Hansol said.

 

“You sure?” Jenissi asked.  Hansol nodded.

 

“Alright, have it your way,” Hojoon said as he and Jenissi walked away.

 

“Hey, I have an idea! You should show up at the Summerset dance and ask Xero for forgiveness!  No one can stay mad at a school dance… even if there won’t be any girls there… but you see my point!” Byungjoo suggested.

 

“Forgiveness?  I told you, I’m not the bad guy here!”

 

“Look hyung, I don’t know what you did, but it must have been pretty bad… just swallow your pride and ask him to forgive you,”

 

Hansol rolled his eyes.  Yes… breaking someone’s privacy was so much worse than murder…

 

The rest of the day went by fairly quickly and Hansol returned to his dorm room to work on his homework.  Since it was only the first day of class, he didn’t have much to do so he finished it quickly.  After that he just laid back on his bed, browsing the internet on his phone.  It wasn’t long before Xero walked in and dropped his bag on the floor.

 

“I thought I told you to find a new roommate,” he said, closing the door.

 

“You don’t scare me and I won’t let you boss me around… I’m staying,”

 

“Whatever,” Xero replied as he got into his bed and turned off the lamp.  Hansol thought about Byungjoo’s proposal…  Maybe he should go to that dance, but he refused to give in.  He wasn’t wrong, and he was determined to prove it.