Membership

Order of the Wolf

“Where are we going?” Hansol whined as he followed the group of boys.  They had been walking since they got back to the campus and his feet were getting sore.

 

“I told you, you’ll find out when we get there!” Xero said with slight frustration.  Eventually they came to a field with a large stone in the center.

 

“This is it kiddies, welcome to Avalon,” Sehyuk announced.

 

“We’ll explain everything once we’re inside,” Xero said, approaching the stone.

 

“Inside where?” Byungjoo asked, looking around the empty field.  Before he could get a response, Xero touched the stone and closed his eyes.  The stone moved aside, revealing an opening in the ground.  Hansol just stared in disbelief as the other boys went down into the opening one by one.

 

“Aren’t you coming hyung?” Byungjoo said with a big smile, waving for Hansol to follow him.  Hansol obliged and reluctantly made his way down into the hole.  He tried his best to block out his claustrophobia as the rock slid back over the opening.  As he descended the steep incline in the pitch darkness, he could faintly see a light… but it didn’t seem to be getting any closer.  Finally the light appeared directly in front of him, and after a blinding moment, he found himself in a completely white room.

 

There was a small lounge area with white sofas and a gaming system and large television.  There was also a miniature refrigerator and a speaker system.

 

“This place is so awesome! How do you guys afford all of this?” Byungjoo wondered as he looked around in amazement.

 

“Well that’s what we’re here to discuss,” Xero said.  Hansol was eager to hear the answer.

 

“I’ll explain it… We are creatures of magical origins, bound together by an ancient society known as The Order of the Wolf.  We evolved alongside humans, but through various means… curses, divine heritage, whatever… our races were born,” Sehyuk began.

 

“Races?” Hansol wondered aloud.

 

“Well there’s the Were-Lions: Gohn, Jenissi, Yano, and Seogoong,” Sehyuk continued. Gohn made a loud growl sound, getting a laugh from Yano and a playful punch from Seogoong.

 

“And of course there’s the wizards.  That would be Xero, Hojoon, Byungjoo and of course you Hansol,”

 

“A wizard? Like Gandalf!” Byungjoo shouted excitedly.

 

“So we can use magic?” Hansol asked.  Xero nodded and smiled.

 

“And last but most definitely not least…” Sehyuk said in an announcer-like tone.  Sangdo began slapping his knees to imitate a drumroll.

 

“The dragons!” he screamed.  Everyone in the room besides Hansol and Byungjoo cheered wildly.  Hansol couldn’t help but crack a smile.

 

“This is awesome! I’ve never been in a roleplaying group before!” Byungjoo said as he started wiggling his fingers and making zapping sounds.

 

“Pssh, Roleplay? Kid, you have no idea what this is about do you?” Jenissi replied, rolling his eyes.

 

“It’s real Byungjoo,” Hansol whispered, urging his younger brother to calm himself.

 

“Yeah right hyung, you guys are just trying to trick me,”

 

“He’s not lying,” Xero said sternly.

 

“Guys, guys, chill out… is it really that strange that he doesn’t believe us? Sometimes seeing is believing… so, show him Sangdo,” Sehyuk said with a sly smile.  Sangdo smirked before taking in a deep breath… and blowing a stream of blazing fire high into the air.  Byungjoo’s eyes widened in disbelief before they rolled into his head and he collapsed.

 

“Holy ! Is he okay?” Yano asked as Hansol picked him up and carried him to one of the sofas.

 

“He’s fine, just a little caught off guard I guess,” Hansol said as he laid Byungjoo down.

 

“Well now that that’s out of the way… we need to assign you two trainers,” Sehyuk continued.

 

“Okay…” Hansol replied.  He was nervous to find out who would be training him.

 

“You will be trained by Xero, since you guys are roommates… and it’ll take both Hojoon and Jenissi to train Byungjoo,” Sehyuk said.

 

“Huh!? Why do I have to help train him, I’m not a wizard!” Jenissi protested.

 

“He needs to learn discipline and focus… there’s no one better at that than you,” Sehyuk looked Jenissi directly in the eye, signaling that the discussion was over.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kidoh paced back and forth impatiently, waiting for the others to arrive.

 

“Will you relax? They’ll be here any second,” Jin said.  The door opened and the other two boys finally came in.

 

“What was so important that you interrupted my gaming tournament?” Sanggyun asked.

 

“We think there may be another… another wizard like Xero and Hojoon,” Kidoh explained.  Sanggyun’s jaw dropped and Nakta spit out the water he was drinking.

 

“Something needs to be done about this immediately!” Nakta shouted.

 

“Guys, I agree with you completely, but we need to play this safely… we know from the archives that the wizards aren’t the most aggressive of the magical races… but they are the most powerful.  They could kill us without even trying, that’s why we have to turn people against them, just like what happened to Merlin all those years ago.  If we manage to turn the other students against them, we will have an entire army of humans to stand up to them,” Jin said.

 

“That’s brilliant Jin! But how are we supposed to do it?” Sanggyun wondered.

 

“Well there is the Summerset Dance coming up… that could be the perfect opportunity to force them to use their powers in public,” Jin replied.

 

“Perfect… those bastards won’t be hurting anyone else ever again,” Kidoh’s eyes filled with rage as he remembered the event that started all of this…

 

The fifth grade, it seemed almost like it was yesterday.  Kidoh attended the Arario elementary boarding school along with his younger brother.  They were playing hide and seek in the large field not far from the dorms, when Xero ran past them, tears coating his cheeks.  He raised his arms high into the air and the blue sky turned black.  Lightning struck the ground all around them, and one bolt hit Kidoh’s brother… scorching him where he stood. 

 

Kidoh would never forget the day that his brother was murdered in cold blood.  He couldn’t prove it… he watched it happen, but he couldn’t prove it.  His brother’s death was ruled an “act of nature”, and he knew justice wouldn’t be served unless he served it himself.  Soon after, he joined The Round Table; a group of modern knights, determined to stop magical creatures from killing innocent humans.

 

And now he would finally have his chance…