The Healer

Divine Intervention

Luhan didn't make any sound. And Kyungsoo was clearly horrified with what happened. He stood rooted to the ground. Kris walked over to him, asking, "Where's the thing?" Kyungsoo shot him a cold stare. "Give it to me," Kris ordered, his hands crackling with electricity. Luhan shook his head pleadingly behind Kris. 

"No. Never," Kyungsoo spat. He heard gasps all around him. Kai whispered, "What are you doing?! You'll get killed!" Kyungsoo ignored him and looked back at Kris in the eye. If he could handle Sunggyu, why not this bastard here? Kris was taken aback for a moment. Then he commented, "You learn fast." He looked at Kai with scorn then back at him. "Then you'll learn the lesson fast too."

Kris raised his arms. He heard Kai yelling 'no', but Kyungsoo felt somewhat calm. A voice spoke at the back of  his mind, the same woman from his dreams. This is your path, only you can decide. You are not who you think you are. Then Kyungsoo remembered suddenly, something he had never realised before. Animals liked him. The pack of dogs that turned away when they almost bit him. The birds that miraculously led him home when he was lost. Animals was the keyword.

He smelt the burning of the air and opened his eyes. A large electrical enerygy was flying towards him. He raised up an arm instinctively. Then the other. Yes, correct. the voice told him. He strangely felt confident. Putting more pressure, as if he were shaping the lightning, he thought: Horse. You will be a horse. Then he spread open his arms. The lightning cracked loudly, then the weirdest sound came out. A pissed off neigh.

Everyone screamed. Kai looked like he had just seen a detonating bomb. Kris, was utterly shocked, "What- Ho- How?!" Luhan scrambled away to the wall, as if it were his life. Kyungsoo opened his eyes saw his creation. A storm horse, dark as night. It stomped his hoofs angrily, tail lashing out electricity. A boy ducked out of the way. Then it reared in defiance. A storm spirit, Kyungsoo thought instantly.

He walked towards the horse, lifting his hand tenderly. It flared its nostrils when he came closer. Calm down, he thought. Dude, why the hell did you summon me? Couldn't you take the annoying phoenix? the horse replied in his mind. Kyungsoo thought he'd lost his mind. He was talking to the horse?!

What's your name?

Stormrider.

Can I call you Stormy?

Hell nawwwww, you idiot.

Calm down.

I can't, you-

Just shut up, will you?

The horse did. Kyungsoo the horse's mane. It felt like air, if air was a cloth. That airy feeling. Everybody was staring at him. Suddenly, there was a flash of bright light. Kyungsoo squeezed shut his eyes. When the light faded, a tall lady with a bow slung across her chest and a lady with a green dresh stood in front of each. There were gasps. Kyungsoo saw Sulli dash out from nowhere and kneeled down in front of them, "Lady Artemis, Mother Gaea."

A bunch of girls carrying bows also rushed forward and fell to their knees. Everyone started getting down onto the knees, even Kris. Kyungsoo knew he should, but he didn't feel like. 1) He felt as if he was going to puke and faint at the same time. 2)He deserved some explantion. Stormrider neighed, Dude, they're goddesses. Kneel. Kyungsoo didn't even read that. His vision was starting to blur. 

"Warriors!" the lady with the bow said loudly. Her voice was firm. Her eyes seemed to bore right through Kyungsoo, digging through his whole life. "We have a new Nephilim within us!" The green dressed lady beckoned him to walk forward. "Our first Shape-shifter in decades!" she said.

Stormrider bucked nervously. Stop, Kyungsoo told it weakly. He didn't even get what the heck it going on. "He has the powers of Gaea and I, therefore, we are his patrons." "Sulli, and Taemin. You both are in charge of teaching him the ways of Nature." the green dressed lady said. 

"Farewell, Warriors! A new time is coming, your choices will affect the world." And there was a flash of light, then they were gone. The only thing Kyungsoo remembered was passing out cold on the floor.

------

"Rise and shine, Shape-shifter." Kyungsoo heard a voice beside him. He woke with a start and realised his head was throbbing pain. Adjusting his eyes to the light, he realised he was in his room. To be more exact, on his bed. Then he realised Kai was sitting beside him. His eyes were filled with worry. "Ouch." he muttered, rubbing his forehead.

"Here, drink this." Kyungsoo gulped down the water thirstily. The sun was shining brightly in. Oh . What time was it now? What the heck happened? What- He flinched in pain when he thought too much.

"Lie down." Kai instructed. His voice sounded like it was underwater. Kyungsoo sighed and lay down flat. "Where's the horse?" he asked sleepily. Kai raised an eyebrow questioningly, "You mean that storm devil you made? It kicked me when I got near it." Kyungsoo managed a weak smile, "Yeah. Where's he?" "The Nature spirits are playing with him." Kyungsoo groaned, "What..."

"You wake up and the first thing you ask about is the horse," Kai snorted, relaxing on the couch beside the bed, "Nothing about the awesome person who carried you back to your room and stayed awake for hours." "Oh," Kyungsoo said, "Thank you, then. What did you do for the four hours?" Kai started tapping away at his Samsung phone. There was a continuous sound of coins dropping. Then a punching sound and a '!' from Kai. 

"Kai... What are you doing?" Kyungsoo asked tiredly. "Shhhhhhhhhh." the guy replied, "Don't disturb me. This game requires a good amount of patience." The coin dropping sounds continued. Kyungsoo sighed, "Is it that dumb bird that can't fly on its own?" "Well, technically Flappy Bird is a- AH ! NOOOOO! I almost beat the highscore!" Kyungsoo mentally face-palmed himself while Kai cursed about his highscore. "Kai, Flappy Bird does detrimental things to your mental health," Kyungsoo commented randomly, staring up into the ceiling.

The game sound continued playing.

"Well... What happened?"

"Hmpf. You are a Shape-shifter. A powerful magic to have."

"You mean like, I can turn into animals?"

"No no no what I meant is- ! I lost! Anyway, you can use Nature as your defense. You can change things into animals. Like what you did to the spawn of the skies."

"Heh. Stormrider's funny, okay?"

"Okay. Any more annoying questions?"

"Did you give the letter to Sehun?"

"Yep. He's probably reading it now. He said he should have been at the canteen, so he could a take a photo of Kris' priceless face when you busted out the horse."

"Okay. Then, what did Kris mean by 'he's the one'? You know, he was speaking to you."

Kai continued playing Flappy Bird, but he asked, not answering Kyungsoo's question, "Are you okay now?" "I was asking, why-" "I'll go take some more water," Kai said, putting down his phone and walking out. Kyungsoo didn't want any more headaches, so he decided to let the matter rest. A moment later, Kai reappeared, holding another glass of water. Kyungsoo took it, trying not to show his 'pissed off' face. Everyone was hiding things from him. What the heck.

Taking a slow sip of water, he asked, "Why did I pass out?" "It's normal for the first time," Kai replied nonchalantly, "Maybe I should play Minion Rush... Or Candy Crush?" 

"Kai!"

"Oh sorry. Wait umm, aha. It loaded. Yes?"

"Why did I pass out?"

"As I said, it's normal for first time. I had a high fever the first time I teleported. The funny thing is..."

"What is it?"

"Hmm... I used all my power-ups. Well, you don't seem confused. Most of the Nephilim will feel trauma after using their powers, because they're still not used to it. But you on the other hand, don't seem to have the slightest confusion, like it's really normal."

"I don't think it's normal. People can't turn electricity into a horse..."

"My point is, you look like you experienced the power before, but you didn't use it for a very long time."

"I don't... Think I've ever known I have this."

"Then it narrows down to two options. It's either you forgot about it...?"

"No."

"Then someone erased your memory."

Kyungsoo stared at Kai. What did he just say? "Don't look at me like that," Kai said, putting his phone down, "I'm serious." Kyungsoo thought hard quietly. His father passed away a few years ago, only leaving his mom and him. His grandparents lived in Taiwan. Which means it was his mum that did it. Had she known all along? He suddenly felt a little angry. Kai walked over to Kyungsoo, his look softening. "Hey... I mean, I think she was trying to protect you. Your powers... Are very rare." 

"What do you mean?" Kyungsoo asked, thinking why why why. "Being a Shape-shifter is an honour, from what I read. You can communicate to animals, control their minds or even turn inanimate objects into real living things. You have a lot of control over things. Which also makes bad guys want to capture you even more. The less you knew about it, the less people are going to kidnap you."

Silence. A loud laughter came from outside the window. Kai sat on the bedside, "Cheer up. I'm sure your mum was just trying to protect you." "Then why did she agree to let me come here?" Kai shrugged, looking down at his feet, "I dunno. I'm afraid you'll have to find out yourself." Kyungsoo sighed. He swore one day he was going to go insane. "When can we get out of here?" "During the mortal's summer hoildays. Or like the solstice. Then the invisible walls will be at it's half power. We can go out."

Kyungsoo stared out of the windows, looking at the forest outside, a longing to get out of the school suddenly came into his mind. "We will go out, I promise." Kai said, his eyes gave an invisible smile, although his face remained expressionless. Kyungsoo his side and smiled mildly, somehow relieved. "Wait. How did you this is my dorm?"

"Miss Kwon."

"What?! She knew?"

"Of course, dumbo. Two major goddesses appearing in the school is a major thing."

"Huh..." Kyungsoo groaned. Kai slapped his shoulder, "Let's get going." "To where?" "Meet Taemin and Sulli." Kyungsoo had enough of meeting new people. "Not now... I'm still faint," he argued. Kai rolled his eyes, saying, "You're lying. When you can talk back, it means you're fine. And Taemin won't bite. He's nice." Kyungsoo sulked and pulled the blanket over his head. "Come on now. Don't make me kidnap you again." 

"You always seem to to know everyone," Kyungsoo said sarcastically, throwing a pillow a him. It smacked Kai in the face. Kyungsoo stiffled a giggle and hid under the blankets again. "How old are you?" Kai asked, after a second. Kyungsoo felt the pillow hit his stomach. "Get up now." Kyungsoo refused. Suddenly, the blanket was pulled away from Kyungsoo. 

Kyungsoo tutted and covered his eyes. "Gah..." he mumbled. Kai rolled his eyes and strode over, he pulled Kyungsoo by the arm. "Come on..." Kai said in a bored voice. The guy just kicked him in the leg. "Yah! Don't laugh at me." he sighed, pulling Kyungsoo up. "Hey at least let me comb my hair-" "No no no you already wasted a day away." 

Kai pulled my arm and dragged me out of the door. "WAIT MY BAG," Kyungsoo half-screeched at the guy. Kai rolled his eyes as he waited for him at the door. Kyungsoo tottered after his idiotic friend. The moment he stepped out, could feel the stares being directed at the two of them. Kyungsoo almost backed up into his room again. 

"Come on... They won't bite." Kai whispered harshly in his ear. Kyungsoo directed his gaze to the floor. He felt Kai's hand slip up into his before tugging him along the corridor. Kyungsoo gripped on tightly when he heard a few snickers from the side of the corridor. It seemed like forever until they emerged into the sunlight. 

Kyungsoo let out a stiffled breath of relaxation. He could feel Kai smiling beside him. "You really feel that scared huh?" he asked casually, walking on the hill. Why shouldn't he? Vampires and Werewolves weren't supposed to exist, but now they did. Kai continued, "You gotta toughen up. This world is cruel." Kyungsoo gave that a thought. Kai sounded pretty sour about his sentence.

Soon, they reached the edge of a forest where Sulli and another boy were tethering Stormrider. Kyungsoo could already hear his protests a mile away. Kai commented, "Looks like your pet isn't happy." "Thanks for noticing." he snorted as the two of them walked towards the pair.

Sulli had changed into more 'human' clothes with her blouse and jeans while the other guy Kyungsoo asummed as Taemin, was dressed in- LOL was that a Greek chiton? Kyungsoo had to bite back a laugh. The guy looked pretty ridiculous in a 'dress' while trying to calm Stormrider down. "Hey Sul. Hey Taemin." Kai greeted, walking up to them.

Oh hey. You're back. 

Yep.

Can you get this crazy girl off me? She keeps trying to give me apples.

Don't horses eat apples?

Oh good. Another idiot.

Kyungsoo dodged a bolt of lightning which fried the grass behind them. "Gah I give up!" Taemin threw his hands into air in annoyance, "Rude beast." Stormrider shot him a bolt of lightning. Sulli laughed, "Your horse is cute!" Kyungsoo, Kai and Taemin gave her unbelievable stares. She looked at the three of them ignorantly, "What? I like feisty-ness." 

Taemin swallowed a gulp awkwardly before turning to Kai, breaking into a smile, "Hey! Long time no see. And you must be Kyungsoo right?' Taemin asked him afterwards. Kyungsoo nodded his head, "So... What are we doing today?" Sulli cut in, "Sending this guy back into the clouds." Kyungsoo looked at her, trying to see if she was kidding.

"What has that got to do with me?"

"Since you're the one that summoned him, you have to send him back. Simple rule of Nature. What you take, you return."

Kyungsoo looked at Stormrider who was still bucking under the reigns. "So... How do I do it?" "Easy. Taemin here is a Nature spirit like me, but he is water nymph. He will create a pool of water, which you will imagine and turn into storm clouds. Then this guy can just run into the clouds and return home."

Oh boy. Kyungsoo was never going to summon another horse again. Nope.

They spent the next few hours trying to figure out what was the water content of a storm cloud, nearly frying Taemin in the proccess. Kai had sauntered away under a tree and apparently fallen asleep under it. Kyungsoo wished he was the one sleeping. Nevertheless, they still managed to send Stormrider to wherever he belonged. 

"Phew! I'm dead beat," Taemin muttered as he sat on the floor tiredly. Sulli patted Kyungsoo on the shoulder, "You did pretty good. We'll try shifting plants next time." Kyungsoo gave a tired nod, even though the thought of moving plants amused him. He almost thought that he had gone mad when Taemin melted into the soil beneath them, but he remembered that guy was a water-guy. Sulli bade him goodbye before jumping stright into a tree and disappearing.

Kyungsoo sighed and walked towards Kai, who was still soundly asleep under the tree. He lifted his foot to knudge him, but since Kai was sleeping so soundly, he decided not to wake him. He then walked into the forest surrounding the school for a little stroll. 

"OUCH!" Kyungsoo yelled when a twig smacked him in the face. He swore he heard some giggling from the trees. "Stop it guys," he complained, only replied with a shower of leaves falling on him. The nature spirits had been teasing him for the past fifteen minutes. He almost wished that he hadn't went into the forest. "Guys! We gotta go!" a high voice shrieked to her invisible friends. "Oh! It's the Healer! Quick!" There was a sudden rush of leaves rustling and the area surrounding him turned quiet.

Kyungsoo looked around, slightly disturbed by the silence. "What Healer?" he asked, remembering his deal with the vampires and werewolves. There was no reply. He shivered and continued walking deeper in. Suddenly, he heard an angry neigh from his left. Kyungsoo peeked out curiously from behind a tree and nearly tripped over a root. 

"Oh. My. God." he breathed, regaining his balance. Kyungsoo couldn't believe his eyes. The horse had a snow white coat and it was caught in the midst of thorny brambles. He noticed its legs were badly cut, and... It had a silver horn gleaming on its head. A ing unicorn. It neighed and bucked, trying to untangle its hooves from the brambles. 

Kyungsoo came out from behind the tree and the creature looked up at him. It flared its nostrils and seemed to be glaring at him. He edged warily towards it, but the unicorn didn't move. It just stared at him uneasily. "Okay dude. I can feel your judgement." Kyungsoo mumbled, "I'm just gonna help you out okay?" It did not move, just frozen like a statue.

He crept forward, carefully loosening the brambles. He could feel the creature measuring his every move. If this was a unicorn, they surely weren't ting rainbows. Finally, the last strand came loose. The unicorn bucked and jumped immediately, nearly knocking Kyungsoo's head. He dodged sideways on his hand and a sharp pain shot up. He winced and sat down on the grass instantly. Blood was trickling slowly down from a long cut on his palm. 

"Damn." Kyungsoo said, looking at his wound. He felt a soft nudge on his back, and turned around to find the unicorn looking at him. "Oh hi. You're still here. Hey-" The unicorn was busy knudging at his arm. "What are you trying to do?" Kyungsoo asked, slightly pissed. He lifted his injured arm until the unicorn seemed pleased with the position. "Look. If you're going to kill me- ... Oh." 

He watched in amazement as the unicorn touched its horn to the wound on its arm and a white mist floated around it. The pain diminished a second later, together with the wound, blood and all. Kyungsoo stared at his palm in happiness, and the feeling of gloom that had been hidden in his heart was vaguely lifted. "Thanks..." But then he realised the creature had disappeared through the trees.

------

"Where, were you?" Kai growled when they were walking through the campus back to the canteen. Kyungsoo shrugged, his mind still abit dazed from his encounter with the unicorn. "I just went for a walk in the forest."

"Dude. You could have told me-"

"Says the guy who was sleeping like a log under the tree."

"Whatever. What did you do?"

Kyungsoo turned to him and replied, "Let me ask you. Are unicorns rare?" Kai stopped in his tracks and stared at him. "Why are you suddenly asking that?" Kyungsoo gave him a look and he immediately replied, "Yeah... They're rare." That ended their conversation.

After dinner, they both went their separate ways to attend lessons and Kyungsoo kept thinking of that unicorn he'd met in the forest. He didn't think he would ever forget its all knowing look. The hours ticked by slowly (much to his chagrin), and finally his last class ended at 3.00am. While the class filled out of the room, Kyungsoo texted Kai, without having much on his mind.

"Where are u?"

"Why? I'm still in class. Ending in 10min."

"Damn :/ "

"Yeah yeah yeah I know. Just meet me at the amphitheatre."

The instruction was given just in time when the Literature teacher chased him out of the classroom, saying something like there was another lesson going to be held there. Kyungsoo shrugged and took his bag before walking out.

------

"This place is so damn creepy." Kyungsoo muttered quietly, looking around the amphitheatre. It was basically like an open air arena, with rows of benches arranged in a circular fashion a meter or two above the ground. Remnants of armour was glinting from the flickering torches at the top of the benches. Kyungsoo's footsteps echoed in the surrounding.

He sincerely wished Kai would hurry up. This place was blood chilling, not to mention quite dimly lit. Kyungsoo shuffled nervously in the shadows. Why, why in the world would Kai ask him to meet here? "Kyung." a familiar voice called from behind. He whipped around and heaved a silent sigh. Kai was walking in his lazy way towards Kyungsoo.

"Could you at least hurry up?" Kyungsoo asked in a miffed voice, shivering in the cold. Kai disappeared instantly without warning and Kyungsoo mentally face-palmed himself. "Okay, you can come out now-" "Boo." Kyungsoo literally jumped in shock when Kai appeared behind him. "Yah!" he yelled as he whacked Kai on the shoulder playfully.

Kai pouted which made him look less ominous. Kyungsoo looked away into the darkness and asked with a smile, "Okay. Why are we here?" Kai stepped up beside him and Kyungsoo suddenly felt conscious about his height. "Look into the sky." Kyungsoo turned his head and saw a bright moon. It waned and shone, almost so beautifully. Kyungsoo looked at his friend, eyes wide in curiosity, "So? What?"

"Tonight's a full moon." Kai said clearly, his eyes shining. It took a moment before it hit Kyungsoo.

"Werewolves."

"Yep. They all gather here to battle it out when there's a full moon."

"You mean they fight with other clans?"

"Not much... They actually fight with the vampires."

Kyungsoo stared at Kai. He retorted, "Don't look at me like that, dude. It's true." Kyungsoo wanted to strangle the boy when he realised what he was going to see. "That means you've just brought me into their war zone?!" he exclaimed, taking a step back. The dust on the floor shifted with his step. "Haha don't worry. With me around, they won't do anything to you." Kyungsoo was about to reply something that went along 'ing-y-dumb-' when Kai grabbed his hand suddenly and ran behind the arena.

"What-" "Shhhh," he shushed, looking peeking out from their hiding place. Kyungsoo gulped and realised that they were really close together. Like, really. He could see the Kai's distinct jawline and his eye bags. He shook his head before peering out in the same direction as Kai. A few lean wolves had padded into the center of the arena, their coats gleaming in the moonlight. 

More wolves joined them as the minutes passed by. Kyungsoo watched in horrified amazement when a group of people walked in with black capes attached to their backs - vampires. The wolves immediately growled lowly at them, baring their fangs. "Why do they fight anyway?" he asked the younger in a hushed, eyes still on the scene. Kai replied, "To gain control of something. It can be something stupid or worthy. Last year, it was over some part of the forest." The younger rolled his eyes before looking back at the scene in front of them.

Kyungsoo watched the two sides say something quietly to each other. Suddenly, the vampires' crowd spilt open and Kyungsoo saw Sunggyu and his gang walking through. They look intimidating, he thought. Under the moonlight, they looked more mysterious, skin glowing palely. "Where is N?" he growled. "I'm here," a familiar voice said. 

A white wolf instantly leapt out from the crowd and turned into N in front of the vampire leader. Sunggyu looked at the werewolf with his silver eyes before saying loudly so that everyone could hear, "I'm sure you all know about this. One of each brethen has been deemed in a dangerous position of sickness." Snarls filled the air as the wolves snapped their fangs agitatedly. Kyungsoo nearly shrunk behind Kai in fright. 

N hushed the werewolves with a wave of a hand. He turned towards Sunggyu with a determined look, "So, since the new guy can only help one of us, we are going to fight, to have the honour of having the antidote from the Healer." Excited murmuring came from both sides. "That means only one will survive," Sunggyu snapped, "And the other will die." The last word hung in the air, quietening down every creature.

"Are they going to seriously fight?" Kyungsoo asked while suddering. Kai nodded his head absent-mindedly, eyes fixed on the two leaders, "Yeah. Get used to it." Without warning, a blood-chilling howl filled the night air and someone from the werewolf side sprang forward. Kyungsoo saw that it was the youngest one, called Hyuk. Sungjong grew out his leathery wings and charged at Hyuk.

They would do anything to protect one of their own, including giving their own life. This is one of the gifts of the Night Creatures - Loyalty. 

Kyungsoo winced whenever someone got hurt or bitten. He watched nervously, muttering, "Please don't die, please don't die, please don't die..." Hyuk had pounced onto Sungjong. The young vampire tried to swing his claws at Hyuk, but Hyuk had already pressed Sungjong down onto the cold ground. "I think I should kill you," Hyuk breathed. He poised his dagger above Sungjong and plunged down.

Kyungsoo squeaked and hid (shamefully) behind Kai. He could feel Kai holding his breath as well. Kyungsoo waited for the loud uproar, but it never happened. Curious, he peeked out from behind Kai and was shocked to see a lean and pale guy wearing a grey hoodie standing at the side of the arena. What surprised him was that both clan leaders had run in front of the guy and knelt down.

"Healer," Both maknaes chorused in awe, forgetting about their hostile killing situation. Hyuk scrambled away from Sungjong and also knelt on one knee. "Hmm..." Kai commented, scratching his head, "He doesn't look like much." Kyungsoo had to agree. The Healer looked too pale and weak to hold any magical power, not to mention such a powerful weapon like Healing. 

N dipped his head respectfully, "You have come." The Healer didn't let go of any emotion, instead he spoke, "Get up. I know the children of Night don't respect people without intentions." Without arguing, they stood up. The Healer looked over at Sungjong and Hyuk, his eyes softening. With everyone watching him, he whispered something before a golden mist settled on the two.

The nect thing Kyungsoo knew, the blood and wounds had disappeared from their bodies. "This is why I don't appear. Why we don't appear... We are asked to heal injuries which can be avoided." the Healer said in a soft voice. "They are too young." He sounded like he was reprimanding the two leaders. N and Sunggyu didn't say anything.

"Of course, I have been informed of your... Situation." All the creatures shifted excitedly in their places. The Healer continued, "According to Ancient Rules, I cannot heal two for the same cause, but since I am in no mood to witness death, I shall, heal both of them." Kyungsoo cheered wildly in his mind. Even Kai cracked the tiniest sliver of a smile. "But!" The noise died down.

The Healer looked at all of them closely before saying, "The exchange will be a greater value." Kyungsoo opened his mouth to ask Kai but the younger just cupped his hand over his mouth. Kyungsoo rolled his eyes irritatedly. N and Sunggyu shot looks at each other before nodding their heads. "The exchange, is to have peace between both vampires and werewolves. That means no fighting, no bullying or whatsoever."

Sunggyu exclaimed, "But its in our blood-" "It wasn't in the boy's blood to help you two out either!" the Healer shouted, "He was the first Power to have such humility in him, and I respect his decision. Take the exchange, or I will not heal anyone." First Power? Could he be talking about him? Kyungsoo listened carefully. "Okay. I agree." N relented after a moment of silence, "It would be nice to have peace." He held out his hand to Sunggyu who still looked suspicious but took it eventually. "Alright... Do your bond magic." 

The Healer simply spoke, "I bind the two clans to their oath. If it foregoes, a curse will be bestowed on the Children of Night." He said, feigning  after a moment, "What are you all staring at me for? The antidote is in your separate dorms already. Go to bed, and remember what will happen to you if you break the oath." With that, the two sides broke. Kai pulled Kyungsoo deeper into the dark shadows while the packs and clans made their way out. The moon was already fading into the morning sun.

"You know, if not for them, I would have totally killed that guy." N grumbled to Sunggyu as they shuffled past. Sunggyu nodded his head stiffly, "Me too. Gosh. I can't seem to stop hating the Powers. Except for that Kyungsoo guy. I owe him one." "We owe him."

Kai patted Kyungsoo's head, "See? It ends well." With that, Kai stood up first, stretching his back. Kyungsoo followed suit. A sharp pain struck his back bone when he stood up. "Ouch. It hurts." he mumbled. Kai seemed obsessed with stretching his legs. Suddenly, a familiar tingly feeling travelled down his back before giving away to a soothing feeling. Apparently, Kai also felt the same thing because he sighed in content. Wait what?

Kyungsoo turned around, and saw the Healer standing a few meters away from the two of them. "Pst." Kyungsoo poked Kai in the waist, asking him to turn around. "Oh." Kai said, when he saw the Healer, "Hi. Never met you before." The Healer nodded his head before turning to Kyungsoo, "Do you remember me?" HUH WHAT- Oh. Realisation dawned on Kyungsoo, "You're the unicorn."

The Healer smiled, "Right. I was quite thankful that you untied the brambles." Kai looked between the two of them in bewilderment, "No wonder Kyungsoo was asking about a unicorn."

------

The three of them walked along the pavement in the peaceful garden where the sun had just touched. Kai asked, "So... Why don't you show yourself in school?" Yixing - he had introduced himself- sighed, kicking away random pebbles, "It's just part of our nature. And yeah... I don't really like meeting people." Kyungsoo nodded understandingly.

Kai yawned and spoke, "Guys, I need to sleep. See ya' later in the afternoon!" The two of them waved goodbye to him before Kai disappeared into thin air, giving Kyungsoo a shock. He clicked in annoyance, "I wish he can stop doing that." Yixing cracked a grin, "He's always like that?" "You bet."

After walking and talking about random things, Yixing looked at his phone and said, "I really need to catch up on sleep. Imagine the Healer getting sick." Kyungsoo laughed gently, clutching onto his bag, "Okay. Bye!" Yixing smiled and nodded, then he walked off to their right. Kyungsoo stood there, staring at Yixing's back figure. 

Finally, he blurted out, "Yixing." The boy turned around and looked at him. Kyungsoo gulped and asked, "Why don't you have lunch with us later?" Yixing shook his head, "No thanks." Kyungsoo offered, "We could be your friends." Yixing suddenly looked paler when he heard the sentence. "No... Still no thanks."

"Why? Isn't it fun to have friends?"

"Yes it is..."

"Then...? Why?" Kyungsoo asked curiously. Yixing looked down at his feet and said, "I once had a good friend. We did everything together. When we found out that we both were attending the same high school, we were overjoyed." Kyungsoo nodded his head. Yixing continued, "But I didn't expect that he would... Change. He even did some things that he would never do in the mortal world." 

Yixing gave Kyungsoo a lingering sad look, "So, now I don't want to hurt myself, and anyone else."

 

 

 

 

 


A/N: How was it? :P Sorry for the long wait guys. Please comment!