Demi-Gods

Divine Intervention

Is this how I'm going to die? Was all Kyungsoo thought as those yellow eyes bore into him, like they were clouded at the same time, being controll- Huh?! Controlled? But before he could think even further, the vampire's eyes widened and made a stranggled noise. Kyungsoo saw Kai stabbing a dagger into his back. "Kai! Don't!" Kyungsoo yelled, but Kai stabbed it in another time. The vampire screeched, and Kyungsoo expected him to fall back, but instead he leapt at Kai.

Kyungsoo watched, unable to proccess what was happening. "Die! Traitor! You will die!" the vampire rasped, biting into Kai's arm. Kai shouted in pain. "Daehyun!" Sunggyu yelled, his eyes widenening in shock. "Stop it!" Kai scowled and kicked the vampire away before coughing out blood. Daehyun looked around and fixated his eyes on Kyungsoo before jumping at him.

He landed on him, causing both of them to fall down. Time seemed to have stopped at that moment. Daehyun bared his fangs, straining to bite into Kyungsoo's neck. "You will die... Die..." he hissed. Kyungsoo felt the cold breath hit his face. Sweat trickled down the side of his head as he wrestled against the vampire with all his might. Daehyun snarled menacingly, "Do Kyungsoo you must die..." 

How did he know his name?! That was when Kyungsoo knew something was fuelling his madness. More than any power any normal person could have, he suspected. Suddenly, a sickening sound of crushing sounded before Kyungsoo. That's it. Kyungsoo thought. I'm dying. But nothing happened except he felt Daehyun's weight leaving him.

A wolf had bitten into his right calf. Yongguk kicked him away and helped Daehyun up, but the guy just snapped at him. Daehyun started snarling madly at him, scratching and snapping at the air. Zelo rushed over, with blood stains on his face, holding him back. "Daehyun! Stop it!" he shouted furiously. Daehyun just glared at all of them, rasping, "All of you will die. Die! Die! All of you!" Madness filled his eyes as he thrashed. Everyone stopped and looked at him, even the wolves.

"He will cause your death! He must die! Die!" Daehyun hissed, narrowing his eyes at Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo nearly wanted to hug the tree, but he rushed over to Kai, ignoring the stares. "You okay?" he asked worriedly. Kai groaned, and his body went limp. "Hey you! Wake up! I don't want you fainting on me!" Kyungsoo yelled, shaking the boy. His heart was beating abnormally fast. 

"Die die die! All you of you die!" Daehyun yelled. There was a silence then lots of shouts and screams. Kyungsoo looked over his shoulder, and wished he hadn't looked at all. Daehyun had bitten the werewolf boy who was fighting with Sunggyu. "Daehyun! Please stop!" Sunngyu cried, and tried to pry him away, but the vampire just sank his fangs in deeper in resistance. The wolves all turned into their human forms, running towards the poor boy.

The victim was gasping in pain and for air. Kai stirred beside Kyungsoo and he coughed a few times, spitting out blood. "Daehyun stop! I don't want you to die!" Sunggyu screeched. The werewolves growled and a guy with dark hair said angrily, "He's going to die!"  A young looking boy ran beside the guy on the ground. "Hyung don't die!" he shouted, tears filling his eyes. Sungyeol kicked Daehyun hard in the stomach, "Stop it!" He didn't budge.

"I've had enough of this!" Sulli shouted, pointing at the group. Kyungsoo almost forgot about her. She had been watching everything in silent shock. Everyone looked at her. "I'm not going to have anyone dying!" she proclaimed, eyes flaring in anger. She closed her eyes and a bright light surrounded her hands. A white knife like thing appeared in her hands and she threw it with dead accuracy. It lodged deep into Daehyun, right where the heart should have been. The vampire released his bite and fell to the ground unsconscious. 

"Daehyun!" Zelo yelled, running over to him, shaking him. "You killed him!" he shouted accusingly at Sulli, tears b in his eyes. Sulli walked calmly over to them, kneeling beside Daehyun. "Not so fast, Zelo. I just poisoned him." she said, and pulled the dagger-like thing out of Daehyun's back, with a loud noise.

"What?!" Everyone shouted, looking at the girl. "Don't joke around, Nymph," one of the werewolves said. Sulli jabbed a finger in his face, and said, "I am serious, Child of the Night. But I can kill you if you want..." She clenched the white 'dagger' and it turned into a sharp purple spike. 

The werewolf  beside her snarled, "We can kill you too, you know." And he extended his claws. Sunggyu closed his eyes and sighed tiredly, "Stop with the killing, already." The werewolf narrowed his eyes, saying, "Who are you to speak? Spawn of Lilith. Your little friend decided to go on a killing spree. Hyuk almost got injured!" "Hey hey hey! Don't speak to him like that! You wanna die?" Sungyeol asked, eyes flashing dangerously.

"Why you little-" Two purple spikes landed on the tree above Sungyeol and the werewolf's head. They stared at Sulli. "One more word, I will show you how accurately I can throw." she said, biting off every word. They nodded their heads. "Kyungsoo. Bring Kai over." she said, back facing him.

Kyungsoo blinked and said, "Uh.." He looked down at Kai. The guy's face was pale, and two puncture holes showed evidently on his arm, blood still dripping out. "Okay." He dragged Kai over to Sulli. Sulli rested her hand on top of Kai. She frowned, "The poison hasn't gotten far. But he definitely needs rest." Kyungsoo nodded. Sulli clapped her hands twice and a clear vial of liquid appeared in her hand. Giving it to Kyungsoo, "Give this to him, it will heal him. Sehun can take it too." Kyungsoo clasped his hand around the vial. It felt cold.

Sulli turned her attention to the injured werewolf. His friends crowded around him. One of them pursed his lips worriedly. Sulli gently placed her hand on top of the puncture holes. The werewolf flinched weakly. His breathing was laboured. Sulli frowned and let go. "How is he?" they asked. Sulli told them, "It's very bad. The wound is deep. And the poison is near his heart." The youngest looking guy gasped in horror. He easked, "Will hyung die?!"

Sulli smiled forlornly and replied, "If you wait for too long." There was silence. "How can we help him?" one of them asked. "It's beyond my capabilities," she said, opening her arms in a 'voila' movement, "Your Leader can only be healed by the Healer." One of them sputtered, "But he's hard to talk to! And we don't know him!" All of them stared at Kyungsoo. He blinked back. "Kyungsoo's new here. And Kai probably doesn't know too." Sulli commented.

Then they all switched attention to Daehyun. Sulli spoke, "You all said Hyunseung made him mad?" The vampires nodded. "Hyunseung can't. His father wouldn't risk a mortal having the power to make people utterly mad. Like Daehyun." "So you're saying somebody else is controlling Hyunseung, who made him go this mad?" Sunggyu asked. The Nymph nodded, as she put a hand on top of Daehyun's chest. 

Kyungsoo felt the atmoshphere grow uneasy. Sunggyu looked at Zelo uncomfortably, and said, "This is very serious." Sulli nodded her head solemnly, "Yes it is. So now I suspect that all the other Demi-gods have been controlled all the time." Kyungsoo could feel the question burning in the air. By whom? "But until then, my theory hasn't been confirmed. The Demi-gods still are themselves." Sulli added and a white light swept through Daehyun's body. 

"This will only ease his pain, but it won't last for long." Sulli said. The werewolf asked, "The Healer...?" "I think he only makes himself visible if he wants to be found. Same with the Light." Sulli confirmed. "Are you sure you can't do more?" Yongguk asked. Kai groaned again. Shaking her head, Sulli replied, "I work with Nature, not against her. If the will is made, it is." They looked at Daehyun's and the vampire's body forlornly. 

------

The next morning, Kyungsoo sat at the library(?) just daydreaming. Wow. His first day and so many things happened. He barely could proccess it. Somehow, he wished it were all a dream. Two girls sitting at the table in front of him giggled as they opened their palms and puffs of silver glittery stuff came out, which turned into two hamsters. Not, he sighed mentally. His fingers tapped on the table top rhythmically. Suddenly he felt someone slipping up beside him.

Kyungsoo thought it was Kai, but he realised it was the werewolf boy he'd seen yesterday. "Hi." Kyungsoo offered. There was an awkward silence, before the boy said, "Hi.. Um you're Kyungsoo, right?" He nodded, wetting his lips.

"I-I... Need your help. You know... The boy who got bitten yesterday? He's our Leader, N."

"Yeah? How is he?"

"He's gotten worse this morning. His heart beat stopped two times. Hyuk can't stop crying, and Ravi keeps wanting to bash that guy up. The rest of us just... Are extremely worried."

"And... How can I exactly help?"

"Well this is the part. I have a feeling that only you can talk to the Healer boy."

"I thought all of you said yesterday that the Healer is... mysterious."

"Well... It applies to only us. He hadn't seen you yet."

"...What's your name?"

"Names are dangerous."

"But you just told me your friends' names."

"That's different, because you don't know them. Until you meet the person, names are just words."

"Kai told me that too..."

"Kyungsoo, I don't trust Kai after what he did, but he sure does have the brains. Listen to him."

"What did he do? Was it yesterday?"

"No... It's... Something else. But you don't have to know. Let's just say Kai doesn't know the full meaning of 'limits'."

"Okay..."

"Will you help me? Help my friends? Please?"

Kyungsoo looked at the werewolf. He was looking at Kyungsoo expectantly. Kyungsoo answered flatly without thinking, "Why should I? You don't even trust me with your name? Why trust me with it?" The werewolf's flared and he balled his fists. Kyungsoo wished he had taped his mouth. He hoped the boy wouldn't kill him there and then. Then the werewolf smiled, which Kyungsoo found surprising. "What?" he asked.

"I like your spirit. You would do well for a werewolf." he explained, grinning, "Well then, I'm Ken." "Ken," Kyungsoo said, the pronunciation of the foreign word stuck on his tongue. He wasn't good with english names. "Why do a lot of you have english names?" he asked out of curiosity. "Simple, it's fancy." Ken replied. His set of sharp teeth showed when he grinned. Kyungsoo inched away and said, "Uh... Okay. Then...I'll help you." The cool air-conditioning blew in their direction.

"Thank you!" Ken beamed and gave Kyungsoo a big hug, which totally surprised him. "Bye! I'd have to tell them!" And the werewolf disappeared out of the library in a blink of an eye. He stared at the glass door which was just starting to slide shut. Whaaat? But he looked away, and decided to take a book to read for fun. The library was really big. There were three levels, a computer corner and there were cool floating platforms that brought you to the high shelves.

Walking around, Kyungsoo went into a corner where no one was there. A single light shone from the high ceiling down at the shelves. There was a single wooden table there, as if it were waiting for someone to sit there. Suddenly, there was a loud thud from behind him, making him jump in surprise. Looking over his shoulder, Kyungsoo realised it was a book. It had a worn leather cover, and looked a little dusty.

He looked around, but the other students didn't seem to notice the book. Kyungsoo was contemplating whether to pick it up when someone tapped him lightly on the shoulder. "Kyungsoo." It was Sunggyu. Kyungsoo managed a small smile and noticed the vampire's eyes were pretty tired and a little sunken, maybe a little hollowed out too. 

Kyungsoo realised Sunggyu could be looking for him for the same reason Ken had looked him up. Sunggyu pursed his lips, as if he wanted to say something, but he looked like he was reconsidering. Kyungsoo asked, "You need my help, don't you?" The guy raised an eyebrow, and answered, "Right. Yes. How did you know?" "Um. Ken asked me the same thing, to heal their leader." 

Sunggyu's eyes narrowed dangerously, retracting his hand slowly from Kyungsoo's shoulder. Kyungsoo wasn't sure where he got the guts to stare back at Sunggyu, but he did it. "Kyungsoo," Sunggyu started, "I think you know us more than the werewolves." Kyungsoo shook his head, "I don't want to get involved in your vampire-werewolf politics." The leader looked him, also taking in a deep breath, "Daehyun is in a very bad state now. He just bit Sungjong this morning."

"Well, the werewolves' leader is dying. Do you think, that the members aren't freaking themselves out?" Kyungsoo asked, staring at Sunggyu in the eye. Sunggyu's eyes shone dangerously, anger dancing in them, "Do you want me to kill you?" "Go ahead. Daehyun will die, and if N dies too, because you killed me, and starts a war, only you're to blame." Kyungsoo retorted. 

The claws extended in Sunggyu's hand, cutting into the flesh. Kyungsoo was afraid for a moment that he went overboard with the replies. He was quite known at his previous school to blurt out his thoughts unintentionally. "What about this, Sunggyu. I'll help the both of you." Kyungsoo breathed, breaking the straining silence. Sunggyu's eyes seemed to relax when he said that, but he still didn't retract his claws.

"I promise." Kyungsoo offered. Sighing, Sunggyu retracted the claws and said, "I trust you, Kyungsoo. But oaths are very serious, in all mythology."

"Well, I'll do it." 

"Really?"

"Yeah."

"If you ever go back on your word, I will-"

"Call your clan to hunt me down and kill me."

"Not exactly kill, because we'll also be killed along with you if we get found out. Rules are rules, no matter what kind of voodoo magic we have."

"Then you'll still beat me into a pulp."

"Right. And you understand that I can just call other vampires not from our clan..."

"So I better be on my toes?"

"Yeah. Glad you know. Thanks for your help."

"But what if the Healer doesn't want to help?"

Sunggyu stopped walking. "Just try your best." And he disappeared round the corner of a shelf.

Wow. His life just got a hundred times more complicated after coming here. Strangely, he felt as if he was remembering a memory he didn't have... How did the school even track him down? Voodoo magic, Sunggyu had said. Could they even do that? Probably, he thought to himself. He shifted his attention back to the fallen book on the floor. Kyungsoo bent down and picked it up. The spine of the book was bent, as if it was very old.

The title was in some weird symbols, but Kyungsoo somehow understood it: Magic was title. He flipped to the prologue page, sighing mentally in relief that it was in English, but the words were written by hand, the illustration of a werewolf painted carefully by hand. Must be an ancient book, Kyungsoo thought before reading it.

Magic was existing in the world, even in the times of the ancient darkness. Magic combined with Darkness to form many different creatures. Magic gave them immortality, incredible stealth, voices of pure gold. It also gave the world the Tree of Life. The Tree bestowed different magic powers to the most deserving of the first humans, the Nephilim. As such, the Warriors of Earth were formed. Each breed vowed to protect humanity, to the best of their abilities. 

Kyungsoo lost his grip on the book and it fell onto the wooden floor again. Cursing under his breath, he picked it up. The book had opened up to some page when it landed on the floor. For fun, Kyungsoo decided to take a look at the page it had opened to.

Magic of the Tree of Life:

 

Magic bestowed upon the Tree many different powers, historians have only noted down twelve different powers, but there are more.

The first gift was the ability to heal. Healers were known throughout history to be quiet, only helping others when needed. They also are attracted to acts in the name of goodness. The secrets to how Healers work their magic has never been revealed. Healers are able to heal any kind of disease, plaque, mental disability.

Aha. Just what he needed. Kyungsoo smiled to himself and flipped the page. There was a painting of a girl raising both arms towards the sky, but she was raising a tree up from the ground.

Healers are also well known for their kindness. However, Magic has too, decreed that being able to heal anyone will tip the scales of balance, thus also giving Healers a curse. Whenever they heal anyone, something must be taken from the person, be it a memory or a feeling, and given to the Healer, or the environment.

Kyungsoo flipped to the next page, hoping to glean some more information but all he saw were the strange scribbles and symbols like the title. But there was no translation this time in his brain. He closed the book hard with a 'slapping' sound. What?! Just like that? But at least he knew some information about Healers. Then the book grew out plant-like stems, locking the book. Kyungsoo tried pulling open the book, but the book stubbornly refused to open. Damn it!

He slammed it onto the table top, but the green stems still bound the book. Kyungsoo felt stupid. A book was defying him. As he stared furiously at it, he felt that the book was taunting him. You can't even open me? Good luck with attracting the Healer! Hahahahaha! "Stupid book. I'll do it! When I'm done I'm coming right back for you," he told it, furrowing his eyebrows. Then he realised he was talking to a book. An ancient, musty and idiotic book. 

Okay. The talk with Ken and Sunggyu must have fried his brains. Giving the book one last hard look, Kyungsoo left the corner and walked out of the library. He felt almost everyone staring at him. As he walked past a group of girls at the corridor, he heard one of them asking softly, "Is he the new guy?" "Yeah. I heard he already knows Midnight and Excelsis." a girl with brown short hair commented. Another tossed her long hair, saying, "Pfft. Lucky boy. I would die to know Sunggyu."

"I heard from the Sirens that he helped the wind boy after Kris gave him that lightning shock."

"Kai did too. Seriously, I would want Kai if he wasn't a Power and he didn't have his accident."

"He's hot."

Kyungsoo walked away quickly, turning around a sharp corner, not sure where he was heading. Was he that interesting? And he walked straight into someone. Kyungsoo managed to prevent himself from losing (total) balance as he held(?) onto the wall. He shifted his attention to the guy, who turned out to be Kai. Sehun was standing beside him.

"The new boy looks pretty flustered," Kai said, smiling crookedly. Sehun tutted in digust and hit Kai's shoulder, glaring at him. "Sorry about him," Sehun apologised, "He's an about 90% of the time." "I can see that," Kyungsoo agreed, shooting Kai a suspicious look. The guy pouted, asking, "Then what about the other 10%?" "Extreme y mode," Sehun said thoughtfully, and dodged Kai's hand as it reached for his head.

Kyungsoo smiled, leaning casually against the wall. He asked the two scuffling boys, "Are you two brothers? You seem very close." Kai popped his head from behind Sehun's shoulder, locking the other's arm behind his back. Then he asked in a weirded out tone, "Do I look like him?" Sehun shook his head repeatedly, saying, "Nope we aren't. I'd die if he were my brother." At the word die, Sehun kicked backwards at Kai's lower leg, causing him to let go of his arm.

Sehun smiled wickedly and raised his arms. A gust of wind swept towards Kai but the guy had disappeared into thin air. The wind toppled a few students walking in the corridor. "Watch out wind boy!" one girl yelled. Sehun just smirked, but Kyungsoo had to stiffle a giggle when Kai reappeared behind the boy. "Heeeello!" he greeted cheerfully before pushing Sehun from behind.

However, instead of shouting 'Hey!', Sehun made a painful yell. "Ouch!" Sehun regained his balance and stretched behind to touch his back. Kyungsoo rushed over to Sehun in a hurry. "Your back still hurts?" Kyungsoo asked, gently touching his back. Sehun flinched. "Kai!" Kyungsoo said sternly, glaring daggers at him, "I told you specifically to force him to stay in his room if he's still in pain!" Kai looked at him, genuinely shocked. 

"But I asked him to take the thing Sulli gave you! His wound is gone!" Sehun shook his head, saying, "It's okay. The skin is still raw. Obviously it's still painful to touch." Kyungsoo gave Kai an evil eye. "Fine then." he relented. 

"Okay, we owe you a tour, right?" Sehun asked, eyeing Kai. "Well yeah. Yep." the guy answered.

------

"That... room was freaking cool." Kyungsoo breathed excitedly as the three of them walked along the sheltered corridor next to the field. Kai  shrugged, kicking a pebble away, causing it to land in a nearby drain. "You mean the magic room?" Sehun asked. Kyungsoo nodded. There were so many bright coloured liquids floating around, more dangerous than a chemistry laboratory.

"Can we go in?"

"Nope. It's only for the teachers and the Warlocks, or magicians as the mortals call them."

"Aww man. How many different kinds of 'magic' do you have here?"

"It's hard to say. The main ones are Demi-gods, the Nature spirits, vampires, werewolves and us."

Kyungsoo nodded. A group of guys ran in front of them yelling something about a guy trapped by the Hunters. "Do you all try to kill each other all the time?" Kai and Sehun looked at each other, before Sehun said, "It's natural for us. We are trained to kill. You know, in case an apocalypse comes along and the whole world needs our help." He flailed his arms dramatically.

The afternoon sun was beating down strongly on them. A bunch of girls were levitating pebbles from the ground on the field, wearing white robes. "Who are they?" "Oh. Just the Nature spirits. Sulli's kind." Kai answered, slipping up beside Kyungsoo. Then Kyungsoo peered at the other end of the field. Another group of people were practising, but they seemed to be in full armour.

As they advanced toward the people, Kyungsoo could hear the clang of metal against metal. He could see that there was a mixture of boys and girls. His blood slowly froze. The Demi-gods. Kris struck another guy with deadly force, but the guy just repelled him with a jet of water. 

"Are they-"

"Yes. Better stay away from them. The two of us got into their bad book two days in a row."

"I'm always their target," Kai scoffed. Sehun rolled his eyes and said, "Well duh! After that time, I don't think they're ever going to forget you." Kai didn't say anything, but Sehun ranted on, "You just embarassed all of them in front of their parents. I told you don't do it but you had to do it! Gah!" Kyungsoo watched the two of them. He'd heard many times about Kai's situation, but still... What the heck happened?

"Anyway, Kyungsoo." Sehun said, turning his attention to him. Kyungsoo turned to look at him. "Don't worry too much about the rest of the school. Your first achievement is to learn which power you have." Talking about achievements... He still had to fufill a promise for the vampires and werewolves...

------

Kyungsoo wished he'd asked them more about the classes. Now he was getting his anxiety attacks. His palms were sweaty in his jeans pockets as he made his way to the classroom. 3C... 3C... 3C... His mind went on auto-pilot, searching for the classroom. Then he found it. Okay, chillax, and remember once this ty stuff is over, you can see Kai. Yes Kai. The annoying guy who kidnapped me on my first day. Totally the right thought to think. But there was something about the guy that he liked. Maybe his mysterious aura? Whatever...

He was totally shocked that Miss Kwon was his Literature teacher, and Mathematics too. She was very solemn during class, unlike the lady he'd met im the office. Weird. Her grey eyes seemed stormier than usual. The next shocking thing: he got a Demi-god as a table partner. And he was really, really undeniably beautiful. Very strange for a guy. 

Kyungsoo couldn't pay attention for the first class, because he was busy attracted to the guy's slender fingers. Then he snapped out of it, deciding that staring at people wouldn't do good for his health. 

After the first period ended, the pretty boy turned to him and said, "Hi." "Umm hi?" Kyungsoo replied, fidgeting in his seat, not daring to look at him. There was something dangerous about the boy as well that he just couldn't put a finger on. A ball of sparkly stuff flew over their heads, bursting into fireworks right beside the fan. Some girls oohed and ahed at it. 

"Your name is Kyungsoo, right?" the guy asked, smiling sweetly. Kyungsoo couldn't help but notice that his eyelashes were very long (in a nice way). Snap out of it, he told himself, then he nodded his head. The guy seemed friendly so far, but he remembered Kai's advice: No matter how friendly they seem, never ever get close with them. It was pretty useful now.

So, Kyungsoo kept quiet, thinking of ways to escape. Should he run to the washroom? But the guy said, "Nice to meet you, I'm Luhan." He smiled again. Kyungsoo swore that the rest of the class were eyeing them. He gave a stiff nod. Luhan started playing with his pen. "Are you... By any chance friends with Sehun?" he asked.

Kyungsoo's mind became alert when he heard that. He wanted to ask why but he remembered it was a Demi-god he was talking to. If he wanted to prvent himself from getting- Well, you get the idea. "Y-yes." Luhan didn't say anything afterwards. He seemed pretty nervous about something. During the next period, the guy just kept pursing his lips, looking at the board, though Kyungsoo highly suspected he was thinking about something else.

The bell rang and Kyungsoo dragged the memory of having music/art/aesthetics class out, and it was in another room. Quickly packing his bag, Kyungsoo stood up, ready to go (get away from Luhan), but the pretty boy called out, "Kyungsoo." He turned around slowly. "Umm..." Luhan muttered, rumaging through his backpack, and coming up with a white envelope. "Can... you give this t-to Sehun? Please?" he stuttered, looking down at his leopard print sneakers. 

Kyungsoo considered the question. Luhan looked like a nervous wreck. "You don't have to do it, if you don't want to," he quickly added. Kyungsoo didn't say anything, afraid he would offend him. "I'm not going to report to Kris, don't worry. I don't harm people, I swear on Olympus," he added, holding out the envelope. Really? Hmpf. You look like the ones who have the innocent and then stab people in the back, Kyungsoo thought mentally. 

"Can you do it as a favour?" Luhan whispered, looking around. People were leaving the classroom. "Hurry with your decision. If Kris or Hyunseung or Dara sees this..." He shook his head, "I don't want to get anyone in trouble." Kyungsoo was sort of touched with the real concern in Luhan's voice. "Okay I'll pass it to Sehun. Considered it done." He then took over the envelope from Luhan's hand. The guy beamed, showing of his row of white teeth. "Thank you! You're such a good friend."

------

It turned out that Kai was in the same class as he was for the next lesson. The kind teacher allowed him to sit anywhere he liked, the seat beside Kai was empty, so (naturally) he sat there. Everyone seemed shocked at his decision, but the teacher continued with the lesson. Kai was tilting his chair backwards at a dangerous angle. "Hello," Kyungsoo said, dumping his bag onto the floor. Kai slammed the front two legs of the chair onto the tiled floor loudly, giving the teacher and a few students a shock. 

Miss Kim (the teacher) narrowed her eyes and cleared , "Kai. This is not your house." He just shrugged but didn't say anything else. The boy sitting in front of them (Kyungsoo suspected he was a vampire because of his eyes) hissed softly, "Watch it, ghost boy." Kyungsoo watched Kai give him a flat look that said, "Turn in front before I cut your pretty face." The guy snorted but he turned back in front.

His dark circles under his eyes made him seem dangerous, even in the full lights of the classroom. Miss Kim rambled on about an upcoming event, but Kyungsoo wasn't so interested, so was Kai. He kept rocking his chair back and forth. Kyungsoo took the envelope out of his pencil case. The paper felt oddly smooth, and there was a gold leaf sticker/lock at the flap. 

"Holy ," Kai said quietly, before snatching the envelope out of Kyungsoo's hands. Kyungsoo wanted to scream or yell at the idiot, but he was aware that he was in a class. "Give it back," he said, constraining his voice and gave Kai a glare. As usual, Kai ignored it and asked, "This is the stuff that only Demi-gods have! Who gave you this?" Kai gave him a look full of suspicion. 

There was no escape, right? Sighing, Kyungsoo replied, ruffling his hair, "It was Luhan." Kai nearly dropped the letter in shock. He widened his eyes, staring at him. "He's sitting beside me in Lit and Math." Kai flipped the envelope, looking at the other equally plain side, saying, "What did he ask you? Did he mention about Kris? Don't talk to him, he'll backstab you."

"Chill, he seemed really nice. He didn't try to stab me or something," Kyungsoo tried laughing lightly. Kai still didn't seem convinced. Kyungsoo trailed his eyes after Miss Kim for a while. "Luhan's magic doesn't involve fighting, or physical stuff. He's Aphrodite's son," Kai explained, furrowing his eyebrows, "Aphrodite's specialises in deception. His words are manipulative. You may not even know, he could be using magic on you."

"You know he's very pretty, right?"

"Yeah. That's the problem. With his magic words and umm not kidding beauty, almost everyone will fall for him. Same for his sisters."

"No wonder I felt a little woozy headed back there..."

"Don't tell me you agreed to do something for him?!"

"..."

". I should have never let you go around alone for the first month."

"Well... Luhan gave me the envelope, and he told me to pass it to Sehun."

Kai stopped clicking his pen. "What's wrong?" Kyungsoo asked. He shook his head, and replied, "Nothing... Just a random thought." Kai frowned a second after that. "I think he's a really nice guy deep inside." Kyungsoo commented, hoping Kai wouldn't be that worried. Kai shrugged. Kyungsoo finally found the word to describe Kai: Unreadable.

Kyungsoo didn't like the fact that Kai always shrugged off things like dust. Like he didn't give a damn in the world. Kai handed him back the envelope. "You can give it to Sehun after class. I think he'll be at the canteen." And that pretty much killed their conversation. Idiot.

------

After the (boring) class, Kai said, "See you later. Go get some sleep first." Then he disappeared in the crowd of students. Kyungsoo was getting pissed off with him. Why does he keep disappearing? Especially when he wanted to tell him about the vampires and werewolves. Gahhhh. this whole thing. A girl flew over head of him, giggling. A fed up looking wolf sped through the corridor moments later.

Uhhhhh okay... Kyungsoo thought. Then someone tapped him on the shoulder. "Heeeeellooooooo." It was the one and only Sulli. Kyungsoo grinned in response. Sulli was wearing a green blouse and a tennis skirt, her purple eyes flickering in delight. "Soooo, how are you? Did Kai get under your skin already?" she asked, poking him on his arm playfully.

"Huh. You bet." Kyungsoo mumbled as they walked down the corridor. "You'll get used to him," Sulli said chirpily, half-skipping. Her phone rang suddenly and she picked it up without hesitation. Her iPhone was pink in colour. A 5C? "Hi! Oh! Amberrrrrrrr its you." she said, grinning from ear to ear. Somebody said something and her smile grew wider, "Oh! Oh! Oh! Really? Mr Lee said so?" She punched her fists into the air. "Wait wait so you're going to bring your girls over right? Okay! Bye!"

She ended the call and looked like an excited puppy. "Well, what happened?" They turned into the canteen. Sulli opened and closed like a goldfish. "The Nature spirits are going to cooperate for the Ring this year! Finally!" she said in a rapid fire way. Kyungsoo had to laugh. She was cute. "But I thought Nature spirits were one?" "Oh." Sulli waved her hand, "We are Nature spirits, but we each have more specific elements of Nature in us. I prefer the plants and animals. Amber, the girl I was talking to, she specialises in water. But of course, her powers are not as strong as Suho's."

Then Sulli frowned. "I better get going. This is going to make history! Bye!" Then she ran away at the speed of light. Kyungsoo sighed, he was going to have to learn a lot about this weird magic school... He turned around and searched for Sehun. No sign of the tall boy. His rather weird shade of blonde hair wasn't spotted in the groups of students. 

"Well well well... We finally meet our new boy," a guy spoke from behind him. Kyungsoo turned around in a panic. A few girls screamed and ran away. It was Kris, and he was pulling Luhan by the hair. A wave of resentment swept through him. Why was he treating Luhan like that? Luhan's eyes showed nothing, just blank. The blonde guy smirked.

"What do you want?" Kyungsoo asked, clenching his fists. "What did Luhan give you just now?" Kris asked, smiling coldly. The envelope felt cold in his jeans pocket. Luhan shook his head subtly but Kris gripped more of his hair. His eyes flashed with anger for a moment. Suddenly, someone jumped in front of Kyungsoo. "What do you want, Kris?"

It was Kai. He growled menacingly. Amusement danced in the blonde's eyes. "Nice... I can see it more clearly now." Kris commented thoughtfully. A dagger slipped out from below Kai's hands. Kyungsoo was stunned. He could do that? "Let him go, Kris. I know it's me that you want," Kai said through his teeth. "I would like to skin you alive, but now, I'm only interested in him," Kris pointed to Kyungsoo.

Suddenly, his hands moved into the air and a ball of something shot through the air, hitting the wall with force. It smelled like electricity. Kyungsoo swore the hair on his arm got singed a little. Of course. Son of Zeus.  "You tell me now, what did he give you?" Kris snarled, "Or I will show you how exact I can shoot." "Cut it out, Kris," Kai said, his neck stiffening. 

"Oh I should be the one telling you to shut up!" Kris said loudly. Luhan clenched his teeth in pain. Kyungsoo wanted to give Kris a big punch in the face, but the problem was that he would end up dead. "Your friend's the one right? This guy is an expert on it. He can tell you," Kris said to Kai, shoving Luhan onto the floor. Kyungsoo saw Kai's face harden. "You want me to hurt him too?" 

Kai looked like Kris had just shot an arrow into his heart. 

 

 

 

 

 


A/N:

Drama's just starting. *gives you a pedo look*