Home

The Last Week

When you finally arrived at home, you began to feel very tired. Your head had also been pounding non-stop all day, but you managed to ignore it, most of the time anyway... Reaching for your things, you carried them inside with with you carefully.

"Unnie, I'm here!" You shouted as you took off your shoes at the entrance to the living room. There was an excited sound, as KeuRae came over to you, and gave you a nice hug. Looking at you strangely, you asked her what was wrong.

"You have bags under your eyes... That's very unusual, especially for you." And she went to touch your face. She looked even more worried now, and spoke to you earnestly. "I don't think you're well enough to go out anymore..." And she stopped herself before she said anything bad.

"Unnie, please stop worrying about me, If I want to live longer, I must act like nothing's wrong with me!" You said angrily. She looked at you, but then turned around. "Your dinner is in the microwave" KeuRae said, and then walked away. You felt a little bad for snapping on her, but it was true to you.

Walking to grab your food, you didn't even have an appetite. You really loved to eat, but you seemed never to be hungry anymore. Taking the plate, you sat down, and forces yourself to eat what was on your plate. Just then, KeuRae came back, and sat down at the table with you. "Have you told him?"

Looking at her with confusion, and a mouth full of noodles, you asked her what she was talking about. "Your sickness... Have you told him?" You knew what she meant this time, and answered with a stern 'no'.

You never told anybody about the sickness you had unless you absolutely had to. This meant that by the time you figured out what was wrong with you, you had lost a lot of friends. You weren't close to anybody like KeuRae. She had been with you since the first grade of elementary school, and the two of you had become inseparable since.

She was the first one you went to when the doctors told you that you only had six months to live, eight tops. It had already been over six, and its toll was taking a great effect on you. However, you acted young just for the sake of your mind, and soul. Your body acted very brittle like an elderly person. The doctor had said that your body would deteriorate quickly until you died because of how far the cancer had gone.

Because of how strong, and how good you had been taking care of yourself for the past half a year, was the only reason you had lived for so long. Of course, you didn't nothing but cry for the first month, and still do sometimes, you never let yourself give up hope. Thinking about it, you never realized how precious life was, until you had very little time to live it.

Finishing your supper, you told Unnie that you were ready to go to sleep. Preparing your medicine for you, you went upstairs to brush your teeth, and get ready to fall asleep. When KeuRae came back with your medicine, you quickly swallowed them, and felt that you needed to tell her something.. "I think I'm going to go soon... Like..." and you stopped yourself from saying anything further. The look on KeuRae's face was saddened, and she gave you a hug. "I'm sorry for treating you the way I have the past week, I'm just so scared for you!" she blurted out with a sniffle. The two of you sat and talked for the next half an hour before, you decided you wanted to go to be.

That night you dreamed about something beautiful. Tao was standing right next to you, and you were together in a vast field full of beautiful flowers, and the trees were blowing in the wind.. Looking up at the sky, you saw how blue it was. Tao looked at you gently, and pulled you over for a kiss. "Saranghae..."