The Store

The Last Week

When you saw him, you couldn't help but blink, it was like a dream. The Idol of your dreams was standing right before your eyes! he stood there, and gave you a strange smirk. "Are you okay" he asked as you blinked. Your eyes were very wide, and you then stopped to contain yourself. "Ahhh...." you stammered as you went down to pick up your bag, and groceries."Let me help you!" Tao said as he reached to the ground, and gave you your things.

You Looked at Tao, and spoke, "Thank you for helping me". He gave you a reassuring nod of the head, and replied, "What's your name?" The fact that he asked you such a thing made you want to scream. Noting was more exciting than seeing your Idol at the store, or even him asking you for your name! When you told him what it was, he gave you a soft look, that only melted your heart. " That is a beautiful name" he said as cooily as possible. Tao just then took your hand, "I want to see you again, perhaps tomorrow?"

You saw his face, and it didn't have the slightest hint of a joke on it. You didn't know how to respond at first, and just stood there. everything was just so perfect at that moment. The sky was a brilliant blue, and there was a light wind on this summer day. You felt a bit faint, and took a deep breathe. "I would love to see you... I don't think it would be good though." You said with a sad tone. He looked at you strangely, and tightened te grip on your arm. "Can I at least have your number?" He asked desperately.

His face was sewn with a tad bit of disappointment, and you really did want to spend time with him. You felt no harm in giving him your number, so you did. He looked very excited as you handed the small piece of paper to him. You felt very faint then, and wanted to leave him now before he saw how ill you were. "Well, I have to go now..." You said as numbly as possible. Tao was surprised, and yelled out at you, "Hey! I will call you! Let's meet soon!"

you smiled to yourself as you made your way to your car. This was such a great moment, and nothing lucky had ever happened to you when you weren't sick. You shook this negative thought out of your head, and popped the trunk. Putting the groceries inside, you made your way to the drivers seat, and started your car. You felt the horrible rush of heat and faintness again for the third time that day, and rushed for the medicine that was located in your purse.

You took them out, and took a couple. This whole time you were pretending not to be any different around Tao, but it didn't make you feel bad. Nothing was worse than having somebody worry for you, especially if it was somebody you loved. You sat there for a few minutes, and waited for the pills to take affect. It was at least half an hour before you felt well enough to drive. "I need to be positive..." you thought as a single tear fell from your eye.

When you arrived at home, you were greeted by your room-mate KeuRae. She immediately had a worried look on her face, and rushed over to you to take your things. "You should have called me, you looks so pale! Did the attacks happen again?!" You breathed a sigh, and a white lie flew easily out of your mouth, "Ani, I only had one this time... I don't think it's as bad as yesterday." You then walked your way into the house, and stepped inside of the kitchen.

Looking at KeuRae, you saw the unbelieving look on her face. "Please, you are..... You need to tell me these things" And she came over to give you a hug. changing the subject, you told her you were going to prepare some KimChi and Korean beef stew. Looking over at her again, you saw that she looked hopelessly sad. Feeling bad, you tried to reassure her. "Please don't worry about me Unnie, I'm Completely fine." The lies about your health came out your mouth quite easily now. You had been struggling with cancer for three years now...

You began to prepare the stew, and chopped at the carrots and celery cautiously. "You wont believe who I saw today" you said as you put the contents into the big stainless steel pot. KeuRae looked at you with wonder, and a smile. You became very warm and happy as you thought about Tao. You seemed to feel a hundred time better, and felt complete.