Appointment

The Last Week

"I have a strange feeling that this will be my last check up, and not for a good reason either..." You said to KeuRae as you got dressed. She gave you a strange look of both sorrow, and anger, and handed you your things. "Don't ever say that! You never used to be so sadistic, so just stop it!" Unnie said with a strange frown. She was right, you never used to be so negative, but something had you in a funk lately. "He asked me out.. And I said yes..."

KeuRae jolted at the comment you made, but her expression didn't change, but became more twisted. "I'm so proud for you, but does he know?" That's when the guilt inside you felt overwhelming, and you then knew exactly why you had felt down in the dumps. It was the fact that you had been hiding this huge secret from him, and felt as though you needed to tell him. Tears came out of your eyes as soon as you began to think of the heart break he would endure, if you told him.

You began to sob, and put your shaking hands to your face. KeuRae came to you quickly, and wrapped ger body around you. You felt like a piece of with the thing your were hiding from him, yet you loved him so very much. "You need to tell him, or else you'll feel guilty till the day you-" and Unnie became suddenly silent, and more tears fell onto her shoulder. She took in a deep breath, and finished, "If he really loves you, he'll be with you forever, and always" She gave you a tight squeeze, and rubbed your back in a comforting way.

Feeling a bit better, the two of you stood there in an embrace before you felt well enough to let go of her warm grip. You blew your nose, and looked Unnie in the eyes lovingly, "You make me feel better than anybody else... Saranghaeyo" And one more tear fell to the ground. She gave you a happy smile, and hugged you once more before walking you to the door. "Be well... I hope you receive some good news!" And she waved to you, as you walked to your car.

Your mind was choked full of thoughts as you drove to the hospital, and you felt increasingly shamed. "Maybe I should write him a note... Ani, I should tell it to his face... Would he leave me, be angry? Aigooo" The thoughts of what might happen made you stressed out to the point where your eyes felt dry, and your body was tired. In order to preserve you sanity, you forced yourself not to think about it, and tried to keep a positive stature.

Arriving at the hospital, your palms were sweaty against the steering wheel as you parked the car. You exited, and walked your way inside, and went to the front desk. Ringing the bell, a properly dressed nurse assistant came up to you,and asked if she could help you. "Nobody can..." You wanted to say, but spoke on behalf of your appointment. "Ne, I have a check up with doctor Teo-Ssi at 14 o'clock." She asked you to wait a minute, as she looked on her computer to confirm what you had said.

Standing patiently, she then spoke to you with a professional tone, "Please wait while I page doctor Teo, he should be ready five minutes." You bowed at her, and said "Gomobseubnida", and sat down in the waiting lounge. Checking your phone, there was a text from Tao, and it lighted up your gloomy attitude in a hear beat. "Have a good day, I have a present for you for when I see you next ^^" You laughed because of the cute emoticon he used, and texted him back, "You didn't have to do that! Would you cone over to my house for dinner tonight?"

Just then, doctor Teo shouted out your name, and shook you out of your dream. You got up quickly, and followed him to his office. "How are you doing today?" He asked, which was typical doctor talk. You didn't hide a single thing from him, since he was here to help you, and you wanted to help yourself. You told him about feeling faint all of the time, and the weight loss, and fatigue. He gestured for you to enter his office, and the both of you took a seat. He turned to type in his computer, and then spoke, "Okay, we are going to take a couple of blood samples to test your white blood count, and hormone levels."

You shuddered, because you had a real bad needle phobia, but knew that it had ti happen. He took several minutes to take your blood pressure, listen to your lungs, and test your reflexes. He also took your weight, and tested your pupils. Everything went by like a blur, and you felt more and more like a cancer patient, with the more tests they did on you. After about an hour, your blood tests came back, and a different doctor came into the room to hand Teo-Ssi the results. You were both very anxious, and nervous, for you wanted something good.

He took a few to read over the contents, and sighed. Your heart sank, and you prepared for the things that were to come... You only had a few days to live...