Little Guardians and Friends

Black & White: Opposites Attract

Chapter 3: Little Guardians and friends                                                                                                                                                                             Ft. Songs- Amazing by infinite https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ApX0I357csg , Angel by EXO https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0bewParlnTQ and (f)x Beautiful Stranger https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kROEGGMuyow&index=6&list=PLyzmLj_JhTmG5vgN-HijDIaZm4U7OJAEZ

            The two Hwang siblings step out of the car, entering the tall gates of Seoul High. The older sister reaches out to her little brother. “Are you sure that you don’t want me to show you around Taemin?” she asks.

            Taemin shakes his head. “No, Tiffany noona, I’m fine on my own.” He says.

            Tiffany raises an eyebrow. “Are you sure?” she worriedly asks.

            Taemin raises his hands up in annoyance. “Yes I am sure.”

            Tiffany smiles. “Arasso, Taemin-ah. I’m just messing with you.” She says ruffling his hair. “I have to go and meet up with Luhan anyways and Siwon anyways. See you later.” She says before disappearing around a corner.

            Taemin shakes his head before heading off into the big school to find his own friends. But as he is looking straight, someone bumps into his back. He immediately stops and turns to the person who made impact. He reaches out a hand to the student. “Are you okay?” he asks.

            The student looks up and glares at Taemin coldly with her dark brown eyes. “Who said you can touch me?” she asks.

            Taemin gulps, a bit menaced by her glare. “I’m sorry, but I only wanted to help.”

            The girl swats his hand away and stands up. “Sorry, I’m not interested and I don’t need help.” She says.

            She turns on her heel, flipping her long, black hair over her shoulders before walking away. Taemin stares at her in shock. “How rude.” He exclaims before he stomps away.

            He stomps all the way to the cafeteria when he sees his friends. He beams and runs over. “Hey guys!” he yells, jumping on his best friend.

            His friend turns around, glaring at him. “Get. Off. Now.” He growls.

            Taemin just grins before jumping off. “Wow Kai, way to be in a good mood.” He says.

            Kai just snorts. “You know how precious my back is to me. I can’t have a strained back; otherwise, my dancing will be cut.” He says.

            Taemin rolls his eyes. “Yeah, yeah, whatever.”

            Taemin turns to his other group of friends. “How are you guys doing?” he asks.

            Lay gives him a thumbs up. “I’m doing fine, but it’s school you know.” He says.

            DO nods along while Chen sneezes. “Horrible for me. I sneezed five times in a row when I came here. FIVE TIMES. That’s so bad.” Chen says.

            Taemin snorts. “Chen, everyone knows that you sneeze too much, so it’s really no big deal.”

            Chen sniffs before he sneezes again. Kai turns to Taemin. “By the way, when I saw you, you were stomping. What happened?”

            The incident from the morning before haunts Taemin again, causing the boy to frown. “I just bumped into this girl and she was so rude. She bumps into me, I offer my hand and bam, she leaves. I don’t like rude girls, and you know I like to help people.” He says.

            The boys ears prick up with interest. “Oh, what did she look like? Maybe we can help.” Kai said.

            Taemin shakes his head. “I don’t remember. All I know is that she ran into me and glared at me with these mean brown eyes and she leaves, literally flipping her black hair in my face.”

            Kai groans. “Seriously Taemin? You literally described like 50% of the girl’s population in this school.”

            Taemin shrugged. “What else can I say? Enough of me, where’s Sungjong?” he asks.

            The boy raises his hand. “Here hyung! I was wondering when you will notice me!” he says.

            Taemin just smiles. “Sungjong, what class are you in?” he asks.

            “The same as yours. Kai, Lay, DO, and Chen are in a different class.” Sungjong explains.

            “Great, let’s go. I’ll see you guys at lunch.” Taemin said, leaving his group of friends.

            “Don’t forget to give us better details about the girl!” Kai yells, getting kicked by DO in response.

            Taemin rolls his eyes in response. “Hey hyung, I’m also curious about this girl.” Sungjong comments.

            Taemin groans. “Really Sungjong? Have you really been getting influenced by Kai?”

            Sungjong just smiles. Not really.

            Taemin just runs his hand through his dark hair. “I don’t know. I didn’t care about her looks. Her attitude was just too horrible. I think it’s just her. If I met her again, I bet I would give her a piece of my mind.” He says.

            Sungjong just blinks. “Aren’t you supposed to be the helpful one?” he asks.

            Taemin nods. “But that doesn’t mean I will always be like that.” He replies.

            The two enter their room once the second bell rings. “Let’s sit together Sungjong.” Taemin says, pointing to the two empty seats in the corner.

            The two head over there and sit down, and a lot of girls file in. They notice the two and they start squealing. “Oh my gosh, look at them! They’re so cute! I can’t believe we have such cute guys in our class!” they exclaim.

            All girls start to surround the two boys. “Oppa, can I know what your name is? Oppa, are you free at lunch later? Oppa, do you have time after school?”

            The teacher walks in and notices the crowd. She gets annoyed and calls order to the class. “Girls, I suggest you go to your seats. Class is starting and I don’t think you want to have detention on the first day of school.”

            The girls pout and walk to their respective seats. The teacher introduces herself as Miss Do, their homeroom teacher and their science teacher. “Since it is your first year here as freshmen, I expect you guys to not lose your maturity, and to-“

            She gets cut off when the door swings open. A girl with a tall stature and a long hair walks in. “Excuse me, who are you?” Miss Do asks.

            The girl glares at the teacher. “Im Yoona.” She answers,

            Miss Do glares at her. “Miss Im, you are late to class.”

            Yoona rolls her eyes as she plops down on the seat. “Sure, whatever.” She says.

            Miss Do starts to lose it. “Miss Im, I expect an apology.”

            Yoona glares at her. “Miss Do, if you don’t mind, do you know who I am? I am the daughter of IM Entertainment. I assume that you got a notification that there will be a student named Im Yoona who will always be excused for schedules and unexcused absences.” She explains.

            Miss Do pales, remembering the notification. “Oh, I’m sorry Miss Im.” She says.

            Yoona nods and Miss Do turns back to the class and starts lecturing again. Taemin stares at the girl who rudely walked in. She looks familiar. The thoughts to the morning resurface and he remembers immediately, not forgetting the eyes. He pokes Sungjong next to him and he turns to him in annoyance. “That girl, she was the one I bumped into this morning.” He whispers.

            Sungjong turns and sees Yoona with her head down on the table with a bored look on her face. He smiles inside and nods towards Taemin, notifying that he understood.

            “What?! IM YOONA was the girl you bumped into this morning?” Kai exclaims as Taemin tells his friends the news at lunch.

            “Yeah, I remembered when I saw her.” Taemin said.

            Kai groans, hitting his head on the table. “Are you serious? How did you not notice someone like her?” he asks.

            Taemin shrugs, sipping on his beloved banana milk. “Why should I? I shouldn’t look at her looks. It’s the inside that counts.”

            Kai rolls his eyes. “Dude, you know that you look at the outside then the inside. You’re so old fashioned.”

            DO kicks him in the shin and Kai yelps in pain. “You should be quiet. I can’t believe you can be this energetic after only half a day at school.” He says.

            Lay nods. “You should respect him, Kai. What’s wrong with being old fashioned?” he asks, indicating himself.

            Chen sneezes in response.

            Taemin shrugs. “It doesn’t matter who she is. She’s super annoying and rude. I don’t like her.” He says.

            He downs the last of his banana milk and dumps his contents from the tray into the trash bin before he walks out, ignoring his best friend’s calling to him.

            Taemin strolls around the school, exploring little corners and such when he suddenly discovers a staircase that has the sign, rooftop, next to it. He curiously walks up the stairs and he finds Im Yoona at the rooftop, with a bluebird perched on her finger. She sighs and Taemin notices her gentle and relaxed face. “Hey, I have a question? How do you feel free? How is it like to be free?” she asks.

            The bird chirps back in response, which amazed him. “Sorry, I don’t know how to fly. I don’t have wings like you.” Yoona responds which amazes him even more.

            The bird just chirps. “It doesn’t have to be flying?”

            The bird chirps again and Yoona turns around to find Taemin right behind her. “What? How long have you been there?” she questions harshly, the bird flying away into the sky.

            Taemin just stares at the animal. “So you can talk to animals?” he asks.

            Yoona blushes. “Don’t you dare tell anyone.” She warns.

            Taemin just shrugs. “I wasn’t planning to.”

            Yoona glares at him. “I’m serious.”

            Taemin glares back. “I’m serious too, rude girl.”

            Yoona stares back, finding him familiar. “Excuse me, me rude?”

            Taemin rolls his eyes. “Really you don’t remember me? You bumped into me this morning.”

            Yoona tries to remain her composure. “Oh, so what?” she asks, remembering.

            “I want an apology.” He says.

            Yoona glares. “Excuse me? Im Yoona never apologizes.”

            Before Taemin can open his mouth, there were voices behind him. “Why is the door to the rooftop open? If it’s some student, then they’re dead. They should know that the rooftop is a prohibited area.”

            Taemin’s eyes widen, and he quickly looks for a hiding spot. He finds a big tree pot and hides behind it. Yoona looks at him weirdly. “What the hec- eep!” she says, when he pulls her behind it.

            The door opens and two janitors open the doors and notice no one. “There’s no one. I wonder why the door was unlocked then. Are you sure they aren’t hiding?” he asks the other janitor.

            The two run and look around all the things. Taemin presses his back against the tree, holding Yoona with his hand around .

            The two inch closer and closer to Taemin and Yoona’s hiding place and Taemin starts to worry. Just when they were about to look around the tree, the janitors phones start to ring. “Oh hello?” they both respond, turning their backs around.

            Taemin notices the open door not too far from them and quickly and quietly, he sneaks out, not forgetting to drag the poor girl behind him. The two quickly run down the stairs and out the door. “Whew that was close.” Taemin says.

            Yoona just silently stands there. “Now you owe me a thank you. Actually, you owe me a thank you and an apology.” He says.

            Yoona just gives him the really look. Taemin raises his arms in the air. “Fine then.” He says.

            He leaves and Yoona continues to stare at his disappearing figure. She then smiles. “That just gives me the excuse to be closer to you, Hwang Taemin.” She whispers.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

            Tiffany is sitting in the canteen, staring at the boy surrounded by girls. Onew Jung. Jung Jinki. That’s his name. Her long time crush. His brown eyes, his brown hair, the way he smiles, his clumsiness, she admired all of them. Her thoughts were pushed out of the way when someone snaps their fingers in front of her face. She glares at her friend. Hoya chuckles. “Fantasizing at him again?”

            Tiffany sticks her tongue out. “Shut up Lee Howon.”

            Hoya shrugs taking the seat next to her. “Hey, sorry for bursting your bubble, but let me be honest, you were drooling over him. I think he’s starting to freak out too.”

            Tiffany gasps. “Really, he noticed that I was staring at him? When? How? Oh no, what will I do?” she says.

            Hoya just laughs. “I’m kidding, but you staring at him any longer will be noticeable.” He says.

            Tiffany slaps his arm, annoyed at his jokes. “You’re seriously getting on my nerves.”

            Hoya just snickers. I should. You need to do more than look at him from afar. “History does repeat itself sometimes.” He mutters.

            “Did you say something?” she asks.

            Hoya shakes his head. “Of course not.” He responds.

            Tiffany narrows her eyes but before she can ask him any further, Luhan and Siwon pop out of nowhere. “Fany Noona, did you know what Siwon hyung said to me?” he said.

            Tiffany shakes her head. “Hyung called me a fish, and I told him no I looked like a deer. Which one do you think I look like?” he asks.

            Tiffany contemplates. “You look like a deer.” She said.

            Luhan pumps his fist in the air in victory while Siwon sulks. Hoya just pats his hyung’s arm. “It’s okay, he looks like a fish to me.” He says.

            Siwon brightens. “Really? I agree!”  

            Luhan just pouts. “Hoya, really? Look again.” He says.

            Hoya looks again and nods. “Still see a fish.” He says.

            Luhan pouts. “You guys are mean.”

            Hoya just smiles. Dummy, everyone except Siwon here, knows you look like a deer. But really, why don’t you look like a fish? “Oh, Fany here was looking at you-know-who just awhile ago.” He announces.

            Tiffany glares at him while Luhan and Siwon double in interest. “Really? What stare what she giving?” Siwon asks.

            Tiffany glares at Hoya but he ignores it. “Fantasy.” He responds.

            Tiffany knocks her head on the table. “You Hoya.” She says.

            Hoya just hits her head. “Which is why I’m one of your best friends dummy.” He replies.

            “So when are you going to confess? You’ve been crushing on him since last year.” Siwon said.

            Tiffany sighs. “Like never.” She replies.

            Luhan frowns. “Aw, come on noona, your parents shouldn’t be that serious about your engagement.”

            “You don’t know how serious they are, Luhan.” She replies.

            Luhan slouches in his chair. Tiffany sighs and gets up. “I’ll see you later.” She said.

            Hoya watches her sad figure and whips out his phone. Hyung, she’s leaving, you should do something. He messages.

            He puts it back in his phone as he glances over at the Onew’s table. The tall blonde man next to him receives the text and nudges Onew, whispering something to his ear and gives him his finished lunch tray. Onew nods and stands and the blonde man next to him look towards Hoya. Hoya smiles and gives the guy a thumbs up before he turns to look at the scene unfold.

            Tiffany slowly walks towards the trash bin next close to the exit when suddenly, a puddle of water comes out of nowhere, and she slips in it. She waits for impact when someone grabs onto her arm. Tiffany looks up and her heart skips a beat. “Onew-ssi.” She stutters.

            Onew just smiles. “You almost got a nasty fall there.” He says.

            Tiffany nods, a pink blush rising up her cheeks. “I’ve never seen you before. What’s your name?” he asks.

            Tiffany feels her heart race. “Tiffany. Tiffany Hwang.” She said.

            Onew smiles at her. A girl suddenly pulls his arm away. “Oppa, why are you touching her?” she asks.

            Onew looks to the girl clutching onto his arm. He lets go of Tiffany, and she immediately misses his touch. “Sorry Seungyeon. She was about to slip and I helped her.” He explains.

            Seungyeon glares at Tiffany and smiles at him. “It’s alright oppa. Kaja.” She said, dragging him off.

            Tiffany sighs as she turns and exits the canteen. But she suddenly bumps into a girl. She falls to the ground and the girl falls also. Tiffany looks and notices the girl in front of her. “Oh, Jessica-ssi?” she says.

            Jessica looks at her. “Oh, it’s only you, Tiffany.” She said, brushing the dust off her skirt.

            Tiffany raises an eyebrow. “Only me?” she echoes.

            Jessica glances at her nervously and back at the hallway. “Do you by any chance, know how to run?” she asks.

            Tiffany’s shock was well hidden but she asks. “Are you running from someone?”

            Jessica nods. “I’m running from someone.” She answers before grabbing Tiffany and running away, dragging the poor girl along.

            “Whoa, Jessica-ssi, who is it?” she asks.

            Jessica continues to drag her. “You need to catch up, Tiffany. I will explain later.” She replies.

            Tiffany nods and continues to run when the two end up in the corner of the library. “Phew, he will never find me here when there’s a ton of corners.” Jessica says.

            Tiffany raises an eyebrow, panting. “Jessica-ssi, can I ask who you’re running away from?”

            Jessica waves her hand. “You should drop the formalities Tiffany. Call me Jessica.” She said.

            “You haven’t answered my question.” She said.

            Jessica looks up. “My fiancée, Ok Taecyeon.” She replies.

            Tiffany gives an ‘oh’ look. “Oh, then I feel for you. I’m also in an arranged marriage.” She explains.

            Jessica eyes widen. “Really? No wonder you haven’t confessed to my brother yet.” She replies.

            Tiffany gasps. “How did you know?” she asks.

            Jessica smiles. “Do you really think I don’t know? I’ve been seatmates and partners with you all last year. I know a little thing or two about your feelings.”

            Tiffany blushes. “For the record, you’re better than Seungyeon.” She tells her.

            Tiffany looks down, and Jessica heads out of the corner when she hears the bell ring. “See you later, chingu!” she calls out.

            Tiffany stares out in the open, holding her breath. Were her feelings that obvious? Who else knew?

~~~~~~~~~~~

            Jessica walks down the halls but she notices a familiar dark figure in her way. She frowns and tries to walk past him, but he grabs onto her arm. “You’re not running away from me anymore, Sica.”

             “Back off Taec.” She tells him, giving him her icy glare.

            Taec lets go but he blocks her way. “You know, you should pay attention to your fiancée more.” He says.

            Jessica frowns. “I prefer not to.” She replies.

            It’s now Taec’s turn to frown. “Come on Jess, you never spend time with me. You always spend time around books, while girls your age should be flirting and looking at boys, like me.” He tells her.

            Jessica rolls her eyes. “Taecyeon, I appreciate that you leave, I’m late for class.” She says.

            Taec grabs her and slams her to the wall. “I told you, you’re not running away from me anymore.” He says, leaning close to her face.

            Jessica doesn’t flinch, but she is aware that she can’t get out of his grasp. Taec leans closer and Jessica is still frozen. But then someone pulls Taec off of the girl. “Whoa, I don’t know what your relationship is, but not in front of the classroom please.” The guy said.

            That guy, the face known throughout the whole school, the school’s playboy, Kim Jonghyun. Taec scoffs and walks away. “I’ll be back.” He said before walking away.

            Jessica just glares and walks off when Jonghyun grabs her arm. “Where are you going? Shouldn’t I get a thank you?” he asks.

            Jessica shrugs his hand off. “Thank you Jonghyun-ssi, now can you leave me alone?”

            Jonghyun smirks. “Why should I?”

            Jessica glares at him. “What?”

            He grabs her hand and lifts it to his lips. “Go out with me?” he asks.

            She grabs her hand and gives him her hardest glare. “Never.” She responds.

            She rushes into the classroom, quickly closing the door behind her and she grabs her spot next to her best friend, Jung Daehyun. “Why are you so late?” he asks.

            “Ran into Taec and then the playboy asked me out.” She replies.

            The boy’s ears perks up. “Oh, but you said no, right?” he asks.

            “Of course. I hate playboys like him. I don’t understand guys like him. I can tell he’s not going to succeed in the future.” She says.

            Well, you’re going to see that side all over again then. Daehyun thinks. “I see.”

            Before he can question any further, the teacher walks in. “Okay class, turn to page 8 in your textbooks and we will start.”

 

*****Hello! I have one subscriber who I am the most thankful too, so I updated it super quickly! 

I don't know if it's good or not, but it's super long.Have you figured out some characters in this story yet? :)