Chapter 2

SEIRA PRODUCTION ✢ Story Start

"Eerr... Hi, my name is Kim Hyunsoo... I specialises in bboy." Hyunsoo smiled at Bangster, trying to get help on what to say next but Bangster remained quiet.

"I'm from Jeju. eerr... mm.. I have a brother who is in a dance group that represented Korea.." someone raised her hand. 

"Gamblerz crew, right? You're Kim Hyukwoo's brother?" she asked, her eyes filled with excitement.

"Yeahh.."

"DAAAEEEBAK! No wonder you look so familiar! Your brother is one of the most succesfull dancer in Korea, what are you doing here?" she asked, Hyunsoo doesn't know if that was insulting or it was insulting. Yeah, it goes both ways to him no matter what.

"Well, I may not be as good as my brother for now but I could be better than him in the future! The fact that I got here with my own sweat shows that I can succeed." Hyunsoo clenched his fists.

He hates it when people compared him with his brother. He loves his brother and he is inspired by his brother, his brother was a motivation for him to strive but he has to admit it that being compared to his brother is something that he doesn't really like. The only reason why his brother is his role model is because his brother had shown him how effort and pain leads to sweet things in the future. He saw his brother fall and cry but look at him now, he is in the Gamblersz Crew, the crew that won the BBoy dance competition!

"I'm sorry.. I was just trying to joke around." she said, smiling nervously.

"That clearly wasn't funny right?" Hyunsoo shook his head.

"I guess thats all for Hyunwoo. Thank you Hyunwoo!" Bangster clapped his hands enthusiastically trying to lighten up the tensed atmosphere.

"Who's next?!"

 


 

Someone from the back held her hands up.

"I like you, brave soul!" Doobu gave a lopsided smile as the girl made her way to the front.

"Hello everyone! I am Katrina.. You can call me Trina for short. I like popping and lyrical hip hop."

"Me too!" Doobu exclaimed, teasing Katrina who responds with a shy smile.

"I like starbucks.. Dancing.. food... and oh! as you can see.. ermm" Katrina pointed on her shoes, "I love Vans!"

"Hahahaha! You're cute~" Doobu flashes a smile before he continued, "Nothing more interesting than that? Because, I think we all like what you just mentioned." 

"I was born in Chicago, Illinois. It was difficult living there so moving to Korea has been such a great help to me." Katrina swallowed her saliva.

"So you can speak english?" one of the male trainee in class asked.

"Yes. Of course." Katrina smiled.

"Ssank you bery muct" the trainee replied.

"You sound bad!" Doobu laughed at the guy alongside the other dance trainees.

"Do you know how to talk english hyung-nim?" the trainee asked Doobu, smiling widely, making the other class cheered for him.

"I lived in Australia for two years for my studies. I am not exactly good at it but I'm a decent english speaker" Doobu said all of those in english.

The class was going 'oohhh' and 'aahhh'. Katrina brought two fingers up, acknowledging his english. It was spot on, his accent and the pronounciation was perfect. Doobu went to the front beside Katrina and placed his right hand on the back of her head before motioning her to sit down so that he can call the next victim to introduce himself. Doobu clapped with the rest of the class and flashes a smile again. He is in a good mood today, he has a good feeling about this class. He was sure they are going to do well.

 


 

"You can start introducing yourself" Jin said as she sat down on a chair at the back of the class.

"Hey everyone, I'm Aeri, Jung Aeri. A few important things that you need to know about me is that I'm a straightforward person. I may hurt some people with my words so, here is an advanced apology to all of you. I'm sorry!" Aeri smiled.

"That's kind of s atrong start, don't you think?" Jin asked.

"Not really..." Aeri shook her head, Jin gave a lopsided grin, motioning Aeri to continue.

"I'm into popping and breakdancing. I've been into dancing since I was 7 and got into it seriously at age 12. Oh, and I was raised here in Korea because my mom is korean however, I was born in Guangzhou, Guandong, China... Please Take care of me as your trainee-mates" Aeri shot her sweetest smile to the class.

Jin couldn't read Aeri that much. She looks nice and she seems nice but there is something about her that stops Jin from thinking she is the typical nice girl next door. There is this vibe that Jung Aeri gave when she stood up there and introduced herself. Maybe it's because she is not really a pure korean, she has this type of confidence in her. It's not a bad thing though, Jin likes those types that are difficult to read. It's exciting for Jin because she can slowly peel every 'skin' slowly to know the real inside of the person.

"I think that's it for Aeri. Who's next?" Jin looks around the room, "don't expect me to call your name, you are supposed to volunteer yourself for self-introduction. You are not kids anymore! We're going to wait for everyone to introduce themselves before we start our first dance warm up lesson." 

There was still nobody who stood up to volunteer themself.

"We can stay this way the whole day until someone volunteers." Jin said, fortunately someone in the class raised her hands and walked to the front timidly.

"Ohmy.. Thank god!" Jin exclaimed, rolling her eyes.

"Hey! Hellooo everyone! It's my pleasure to meet you" the trainee laughed.

"I am Lee Bian, you can call me vivian since it's easier. The similarity with me and Jung Aeri is that I am chinese and korean mixed too. The difference is, I am born in korea. I specialise in popping and Jazz hip hop!" Bian waved to one of the dance trainees who smiled at her in return.

"One thing that I always hear about me from other people is I am too hyper. So yeah, warning, don't give me weird looks because I am just being the outgoing me who loves to social with people, in other words, I am a social butterfly. Anybody would like to ask me anything?" Bian asked, sincerely waiting for any question from the ground.

"I do!" one of the female trainees raises her hand, "I was only introduced to dancing at nine. let'sjust say that I was more towards the study lane but my mom was worried and wanted me to pursue my dreams so she sent me to dance classes so I could shine. I guess I did a little because I am chosen as one of Seira's dance trainees just like everyone in the class."

"Are you trying to make a joke?" Jin smirked, looking straight at Bian.

"I am not. I know that only the good people are accepted here."

"What if I tell you, you were wrong? What if I told you that we only took dance trainees that don't shine and by training them we make them shine even in darkness?" Jin had no expression in her face, she was still looking at Bian.

"I didn't think of that...." Bian looked down to the floor.

"You failed the self-introduction Bian-sshi!" Jin smiled, "Only the good dancers who shines are accepted into Seira among all the 300 audition tapes. Keep this in mind boys and girls! You are in Seira because you are better than the rest! So bring your head up, be confident and tell people you're good not with your mouth but with your movement!" Jin explained.

"Show them how the Seira's dance trainees does it and how different we are than the rest. Show them and prove them that you got it. Remember! Dancing is about confidence and technique!" Jin smiled as the class clapped.

"Thanks Bian! Now can we have another trainee to introduce himself? I want a boy now!!" Jin is back with her emotionless expression.

 


 

"The name is Kimura Minjin. Firstly, I'm sorry about the little act I did previously, I was disappointed a little. I'll work hard in the future!" Kimura bowed before continuing.

"I know it is difficult to call me Kimura all the time, I have a nickname which I am already very comfortable with right now, you can call me Ryuu! I am 19 years old and as you should be able to tell, I'm a japanese korean!" Ryuu had a soft and calm expression, different from how he was in the dance hall just now when he was quite angry at the mention of him being under Minky.

"One interesting thing.. All these years, living in Korea, I have never been to an amusement park. I would love to go one day however, it be too crowded on that day, I hate crowds." Ryuu laughed soflty. 

"I think that's it for me." Ryuu said.

"Thank you Ryuu. That was really nice of you to apologize!" Minky smiled sweetly to Ryuu who had a blank expression on his face.

Minky was a little confused but she sensed that Ryuu regretted or felt bad for what he did earlier. Ryuu walked towards the other dancers on the left side of the dance room before sitting down. He gave a slight nod to the person beside him who waved to him with a wide smile. 

"Who wants to intro next?" Minky asked and it didn't take long for the person who waved at Kimura raise her hand.

"Hi everyone! I'm Zen, I mean you can call me Zen, my name is Lee Seori.. If you need to know more about me, you can ask me!" Zen smiled widely and walked back to her original seat.

"What is that? That's not an introduction!" Minky laughed with some of the dancers.

"To be honest, self-introduction is a waste of time, don't you think? We are going to spend the next few months or years together, we'll get to know each other naturally.." Zen showed her lopsided smile to the class, it caught Minky by surprise.

 


 

"If it isn't the girl I've been keeping my eyes on. Hello there!" DdongTae grinned.

"Really?" she asked and DdongTae nodded slightly, "I'm honoured then,"

"So, hello everyone. I'm Seo Yeowang.. I find dancing an important element in my life, right now maybe our live? Dancing is like breathing for me, I need to do it to survive. I guess that sums up dancing for me? Don't mess with me when it comes to dancing, I'm serious about it. I'm from a group called Dare Devils.." 

"Yeah I heard... In fact, I heard a lot about you from Soojin." DdongTae adjusted his snapback.

"I'm surprised I was even a topic of conversation for the both of you.." Yeowang smiled, no, it was more like a smirk.

"Wait. Who is Soojin?" a dance trainee asked.

"Oh, she's a the leader of my crew, Dare Devils" Yeowang amswered politely.

"I heard in crews, they usually split some parts according to their dancer's plus point such as their skills. What are your contribution for Dare Devils then?" another one of the dance trainee asked. 

Yeowang doesn't remember them being so curious about someone. When there were people introducing themselves just now, the dance room was definitely filled with silence, what's with the questions blurting out all of a sudden? She doesn't like this feeling though, she never liked talking that much and for a first class, there's too much talking that she needs to do. 

"I choreograph." there you go, an aswer.

"Really? What type of dance do you do?" another question, what is this curiosity?

"Hhhrrmm.. Quite a number.." she doesn't need to tell them all of it, she is just here to dance.

"We have time to listen.." Ddongtae tilted his head a little to the right, he was just glad the class is awake and asking more questions than before.

"I do bgirl, contemporary and sometimes acrobatics. Acrobatics helps me with my stamina for bgirl-ing and contemporary dances makes my body easier to control and balance." Yeowang explained.

Then there was some ooohs and aahhs before silence filled the class again. There was nobody asking anymore question and by then a sigh of relief left Yeowang's lips. 

"No more questions right? I hope everyone takes care of me. Thank you!" Yeowang bowed.

"Is there even a need to take care of you, you're good already!" someone said loudly but Yeowang ignored the comment and sat down at her seat.

 


 

"Alright, that's enough for an introduction. I'm glad everyone read their email properly and came with their training suits cause we're starting your introduction to dance class today. Although all of you are already good with your dancing. We are starting from the bottom. We are going to polish your whole technique and skills! Believe me, it's difficult, some of you have no basic technique and this makes your dance look so pathetic." Bangster voice was firm but he was still smiling.

Everyone knows it's a sign that they shouldn't be playing and get ready for a real roll of dance. They wonder what is in store for them, what do they need to overcome to be a better dancer? 

"After the self-introduction just now, I'm sure we know a little bit of ourselves right? So, for now, to the person that you thought was interesting earlier during the introduction, make them your partner. I give you one minute to settle it all withing yourselves. To those without a partner, or to those who decided to be in threes and leave one person out, then the three and that loner will be sent home for todays lesson." Bangster explained.

"Oh and, you will be considered as absent from today, do take note that one absent means one lost opportunity to an advantage that you are able to get into in the future. The advantage can either be, working with top entertainment company like YG or even Cube as a dancer or even liase with Prepix crew for dance video collab. OR..." Bangster's smile got wider, "the lost opportunity to perform at Seira's Showcase which is happening in a months time." 

"There are a few more rules to take note of but I won't mention any now. It will only be brought up when necessary. Your one minute started 10 seconds ago." Bangster announced and all the dance trainees started to push one another and ran across the room to find the partner they want to be with.