Mentor Interview

SEIRA PRODUCTION ✢ Story Start

It was 11 AM in the morning, Bangster and the other mentors is at one of the cafe at Hongdae. They received a call yesterday from some broadcasting station saying that they would love to work closely with Seira and before they do that, they would love to do an interview with all the mentors.The crew arrived shortly after them and they set up the cameras. The interviewer was really friendly with them and they could tell he was a fan of Seira, he knew almost everything about Seira. The interviewer then began to shoot some question when the crew gave a thumbs up to start.

"A very good morning to the infamous Seira Production mentors. I bet all the dancers in Korea right now would know who you guys are but don't you think it'll be awesome to give a simple introduction of yourself and a offer a little piece of advice to the future dancers who is going to train in your company?" the interviewer smiled and past the mic to Bangster who took the mic calmly.

"Hello, it's me, the infamous Bangster and I'm the senior of everyone in the company! What I think you should expect from Seira as a dancer is that... I can't reveal much to the public but just come auditioned prepared with full confidence because I especially find that as a plus point." Bangster passed the mic to the person beside him.

"Hey, maknae DdongTae here~ I think what is important right now is being prepared like what Bangster-hyung said. One piece of advice is you have to put in a lot of effort into your audition piece because we can tell from the way you dance whether you have practised a lot or just enough to master the piece. Sometimes mastering the piece doesn't make you great. You should concentrate on your rhythm, expression and beat. That's it!" Ddong Tae nodded and passed the mic.

"Hi... Minky is my name! Hahahah! I felt the pressure of using a different intro line, it's burdensome. I'm probably the only person that most people doesn't know. I'm a dancer from NEWWAVE crew! One advice... hhhrmm.. I'm going straight to the point. If you're good, you're in. If you're not good, you're not in. That's it! However, we have exceptions, Seira aims to develop good dancers so if you aren't good and we saw the amount of effort you put into your dance, we might take you in. Effort really counts!" Minky smiled and passed the mic to the person on her left.

"What's up, you're boy Doobu here! I wish you all good luck for the audition and stay healthy for the sake of the audition! One advice is, if you didn't dance well that day for example, you forgot your dance move because you are too nervous, don't lie and say you're ill or you've been sick the past few days.. It's useless, just say the truth, tell us that you forgot the dance move and we'll see what we can do from there. There is NO excuses, i repeat, no excuses if you did not dance well during the audition." Doobu remained pokerface and then pass the mic to Jin and she held her hand up and then back down.

"Jin! Yeahh~ Well, I came from a very bad background and I use that experience and emotions I have to an audition piece for Seira. I think the other mentor didn't get to see the video because I passed it personally to the late Seira when she came back from Japan in 2010. It was a very emotional piece that errmmm... I was too immense into the performance that I did and that led me to where I am now because instead of being accepted as a dance trainee in Seira, I was told that I am going to be the next official choreographer in Seira. What I'm trying to say to the future dancers is that, your dance performance will be absolutely appreciated by Seira if you put in your heart and soul to the dance." Jin smiled bitterly and pass the mic back to Minky.

"The interview just got serious somehow. Hahahah! So, let's make the interview more interesting by playing a game. How about we play the no-age game? From now on untill the game ends, there will be no hyung, dongsaeng or unnie, everyone is the same age. Talk to the person you want to say your hearts dicontent to. You can start now!" 

"Give the mic to me faster!" Ddong Tae took the mic from Minky and smirk.

"Ya Doobu! I may be young but that doesn't make you a better dancer than I am, arasseo? What? I don't know popping? HAHAHAHAH! I learnt popping personally from Anthony Lee sunbaenim so you can just shut your mouth.." Doobu quickly took the mic away from DdongTae.

"YA! This jerk... I'm only stating the truth... I've learnt popping longet han you and I'm telling you, the method wasn't right. Anthony Lee is a great teacher, it's just that you are a bad student. Make sure you know the method well before you try to correct my popping. Ok?!" Ddong Tae give the OK sign with his fingers.

"Why not we ask Jin who is better at popping? You've seen them dance don't you and since you specialise in that area more than them." the interviewer asked.

"Of course Doobu is better. He knows the method well and he is very sharp. As for Ddong Tae, he is giving his own flavour to popping that eventhough the method is not perfected, it'll still look great. However, since I'm more inclined to perfected method, it's easy for me to just say that Doobu is better at popping than Ddong Tae." with Jin's explanation, Ddong Tae acted like he was crying while Doobu screamed happily.

"Is there anyone else who wants to diss?" the interviewer asked after settling Doobu down.

"I actually have something to say too..." Minky took the mic from Jin.

"Bangster~~~ I'm not going to attack you for your dancing but I'm gonna attack your personal lackings. I will say this on behalf of the poor staff and all the members in Seira since I think they have put up with this thing for such a long time. Please control your alcohol intake! Even if you want to drink a lot, there are no problem but the thing is... when you're drunk, you do some weird stuff and it embarasses us all! So please.. If you know you can't handle the amount of alcohol, please stop!" the rest of the mentors cheered and clapped while laughing hysterically at what Minky mentioned.

"Why? What kind of embarassing thing did he do?" the interviewer asked.

"There are lot of bad things but I'll just tell you the smallest embarassing moment. We were at the neighbourhood drinking stall, we all drank a lot that day because we were really stressed out about something, so as we were all sitting down trying to reflect on our behaviours suddenly this Bangster right here, stood up and started taking off his clothes. Ddong Tae was shouting YA YA trying to stop him from doing any stupid things. Then Bangster just shouted loudly I"M THE HOTTEST KING KONG IN KOREA! and he started hitting his chest. What? King Kong? You look like a barbarian with that stomach of yours!" Minky laughed with the rest loudly. The crew were all laughing listening to the story.

"The funny thing is I still remember that happening. I heard Ddong Tae shouting YA YA at me and I was thinking to myself this maknae must be mad, why isn't he using honorifics to me. I guess that because of the heat at the moment, I just shouted I was a gorilla.. but Taehyung, why didn't you stop me since you're already shouting to stop me? I was near you, you could have just stood up and held me down."

"What are you talking about. Hyung! I was drunk! My head was too heavy for me to even walk. Even Minky sent me home the other day..."

"Minky sent you home?" the interview asked.

"Minky may look like she is the innocent sweet type but she is a good drinker. She is like a monster, we are still looking for someone who can surpass her alcohol intolerance." Jin said seriously, making Minky laugh shyly. 

"Taehyung... You must be crazy.. Minky sent you home?" Doobu opened his eyes wide.

"Seems like no one knew about it before this, huh?" Ddong Tae laughed.

"You don't drink too much too, you jerk." Minky pointed at Ddong Tae playfully.

"I think we are running out of time for now.. Any last words you would like to give to the new trainess?" the interviewer looked at the mentors.

"Eeerr.... To all the trainees, you will have fun! We are sure of it! Hwaiting everyone and thank you 1TheK for interviewing us today.. Also, please show more love to the interviewer here today, Kim Junhong-sshi~ We had fun!!" Bangster summarised everything for the team.