Sweet gestures.

♥ In pursuit of Taeyang ♥

‘Baby jebal geuui soneul japjima…Cuz you should be my Lady…Oraen sigan gidaryeo on nal dorabwajwo…’

My favourite song out of oppa Solar album. I could imagine that the girl is me but instead of being blindside by the other dude, I will definitely choose my oppa and that will lead a sweet happy ending for this great love song. Maybe I should record my own version, just like I did for I need a girl. Or should I do it for Ringa Linga? But I could not see myself singing my version for that song, with my vocal style. It might sounds weird even though I really enjoy that song too. Well, there are not a single songs from oppa that I don’t like. Everything that comes from him - his music styles and his fashion sense, it has always intriguing to me.

Then suddenly,

‘son deureora gwangbog…doen geot cheoreom…ttwieo bwara balmog…ppil geot cheoreom…baljag on deushi heundeureo…da gati noraereul bulleo’


I glance at my Samsung Note 3 that being attached to the console on top of the dashboard in my car. From the phone screen, a text message from oppa. I wonder what is the message that he had send to me, this early morning? Unfortunately, I could not press the button read as I was driving my car, on my way to Bel Ami filming set, so I just let the message tone dialed down. The filming of my latest drama flick had finished weeks ago but there are few of a dozen scenes that most of the main cast that needs to re-take. It is a troublesome for me, since my agency needs to re-shuffle my work schedule just to cater for this drama series. Seunghyun oppa had suggested that I should concentrate in movie filming instead of drama as we need to juggle our career as a musician and at the same time, as an actor. Well, I should just take in Seunghyun oppa advice for future acting offer that my agency might suggest. Acting in a movie should be a new experience for me that I am planning to adventure into.

With another 30 minutes to spare, I stopped my Yellow beetle car at the nearest rest gas station, just to read the text message. I glance at the surrounding area of the gas station – vacant. I am already at the same town of the filming set, like just 15 miles away well I had no problem to reach the place before the start of their briefing session.

I smiled as I read oppa text message:

‘Ji Eun-ah, I heard you be filming your drama in Rik-San. Well, have lunch later?’

I quickly send in my reply:

‘Neh…Where to meet for lunch, oppa?’

I’m not that familiar with this town and with the tight schedule, I don’t think I could go that far from the filming location. I frowned as I tried my best to think of a nearby eatery place where oppa and me could have our private lunch together. Well, it was not unusual for us to meet over lunch but we never have it in public places. Mostly, we will meet up, either in my house where I will cook for oppa, and the other time will be at the cafeteria in YG Head office. I felt my phone vibrate in my palm.

‘Well, I do know a place near that area. Don’t worry, little sister.

I do not like whenever oppa called or typed the word ‘little sister’ which he referring to me. I don’t want to be his little sister. I want to be something more to him. Why can’t he see all the obvious sign that I am throwing at him? Not that I literally throwing myself, like  a shameless to him – I still have my pride and dignity. Anyway, this is not the first time that I feel disappointed with his references to me, and I’m sure would not be easily affected by it. Determine to simply ignore the whole ‘little sister’ thingy, I send him a quick reply with a big YES and a shy emoticon to go along with it.

‘See you later… :-) ’

~~~

‘Oppa…I will finish my scene earlier than I expected. You want to meet earlier?’

‘Sure…but I still picking you up.’

My scene for the drama that I need to re-take with Jang Keun Suk sunbaenim did not even take half of the day. By 11:30 in the afternoon, I had stood at the side of my Yellow beetle driver’s door, waiting for oppa. As I am waiting for oppa arrival, I look at my reflection at the side view room, for last minute check on my hair and light make-up. From far I heard someone calling my stage name. I did not immediately turn to the person, not until that same person had reach me within a few feet away from where I stand.

“IU sshi…you seems to be ready to take off. Why so soon?” I turns to the hero of the drama Bel Ami, Jang Keun Suk sunbaenim with my usual bright smiling face. I watch his handsome face that I have felt accustom to, smiling down at me. He is taller than me, maybe the same height with Jiyong oppa and slightly taller than Young Bae oppa. Well, if I wear my high heel, my height will be on the same level with oppa and luckily today, on impulse I had choose to wear my ballerina flat shoe instead.

“Well, I am meeting someone for lunch. And since I had already finished my scene, I better get back to my recording studio. Currently, I am helping out a few musician on their musical numbers.” I shrugged my shoulder as I look over to the direction of the main entrance to this area. Sunbaenim follows my gaze to the spot behind him. When he looks back at me, he is frowning which makes him more handsome. “Who are you waiting, IU sshi?”

But before I could reply him, oppa car comes cruising in our direction. I don’t know if oppa could see me, but I just wave hysterically at his incoming car. Again, sunbaenim looks curious to the car I am waving wildly at. “Who is that?”

I had by now stand on his left side. Again, before I could answer his many questions, he had muttered out oppa name and I was taken aback with his tone of voice. Frowning, I turn to watch him looking at the approaching oppa with a look that I did not expected from him. Why he looks unhappy and wait, is that a jealous face? I choose to let it pass.

“Ji Eun-ah!!” And revert my undying attention to the man who is half running and walking to my direction. I glimpse that he leave his car door ajar. When he reached to where sunbaenim and I were standing, oppa bowed to show his respect to sunbaenim. And I purposely look at sunbaenim in my so-call serious face. I know his smile is totally fake and his body language seems very distant. “Oh hi Taeyang…well I better leave the of you now.” He did not even to look at me as he strode off to the same direction that he had comes from.  

“Well, he seems to be rushing to get away from us…?” Well oppa, it is more to you that he tries to get away from, not us. I wonder why. Again I let it slide with sunbaenim strange behavior. I turn to oppa slowly and was struck by how handsome his bright sunny face his. It has been almost a month now that we have last seen each other. Only with occasional text messages and phone calls had been my remedy for missing him so much. “Hi Young Bae oppa, how are you?” I asked softly. He seems to get over sunbaenim strange behavior too as he smile his bright sunny that I love so much.

“Hi Ji Eun-ah, you look so pretty today.” Then he gesture to his car. “What about my car, oppa?”

“Well, manager hyung will be here to drive your car home. Come let’s go, if not the food will turn cold.” I followed him and quickly get inside the car, wondering about what does he meant with ‘the food will turn cold’. When I had buckle my seat belt, I turn to look at the back seat but there is nothing on the seat. I heard oppa sniggered. “What are you looking for, yeobo?”

What? Did he just called me ‘Yeobo’? My eyes widen and quickly averted it away from being caught by him. What is it with him? He never called me with that endearment word before. If I said, sunbaenim being acting funny earlier, well oppa behavior is much weirder.

“Hmm…I’m waiting for your reply.” Is he really teasing me now? “Wel-l, I thought I might find a takeout lying somewhere at the backseat.” I cringed.

“Takeout? Well, I have something way better than that, Ji Eun-ah.” He winked at me cheekily.

“What is that?”

I watch him expertly maneuver his car out of the parking lot and sped off from the filming set, leaving debris on the road.

“Just wait and see. This is a surprise, yeobo.”