Present Me

Room For Rent

photoshop cc; open image; kyungsoo.gif; edit; free transform

 

Mornings were usually pleasurable, until and unless you slept nearly two hours ago and was obligated to wake up an hour before six which just literally ing means Chanyeol had barely an hour of sleep. 

If you calculate the statistics and all the mathematical things life has to do with sleep, and apply the scientific and more biological and psychological aspect of the universe on it - he was very bad in falling asleep no matter how tired he was so goodbye to the sweet sixty minutes of slumber. 

Feeling like , he groans and lifts his back from the bed with the comforter bunching on the floor untidily. Slipping on his flip flops, he stumbles towards the table lamp and switches it off, sighing. There was nothing else that could comfort him but coffee - or maybe, Kyungsoo. 

Like rapid lines of light shooting in varied directions, Chanyeol shakes off the lightheaded feelings off him and combs his fingers through his hair, musing on his schedule for the day. 

Kyungsoo had given in his project earlier than the allotted time given by his university professor, which of course, sent him flying towards places even farther than what people on see. Adding even more glee to him was the comments thrown at him the day after he had given it in, with the words 'the components of technology and biology are well blended' making him grow wings of happiness and joy. 

What really made up for it though, was Kyungsoo's sign of thanks to Chanyeol  that same day he got complimented. The cute, little pink box wrapped with frilly white ribbons that was inside his part of the closet which he spotted the afternoon when his roommate had just left for a friend date made his heart jump faster than how a rabbit would for carrots. 

Three days had passed since then and he had been trying to send alien signals to Kyungsoo that he hasn't opened it and all through out he only found out a few things: It was not edible, although it expires in due time and can only be used once. Anxious, he brings it with him to his friend's dorm and asks for a little bit of guy advice. 

 

The high resolution screen of the doorbell's hi-tech feature thing transmitted the image perfectly fine but what escaped Wufan's mouth was highly inappropriate and opposed all forces of nature. 

"." 

He rushed back inside and regretted muttering the one-syllable word as he searched for his clothes on the floor. Everything was a mess and that didn't help since he was a mess and look over there at the couch, Junmyeon was even more of a mess than him. 

"Who was that?" Junmyeon lifted his head from the cushion with a painful expression. "Is it room service?" 

"Uh," Wufan hesitates, his tone dripping with dumbness, "uhm, well," he just continues to breathe the sounds out as he quickens his pace on buttoning his shirt. "Y-yeah, just a minute, dress up, 'kay?" 

Junmyeon nods meekly and struggles to slip at least his briefs on even if it nearly doesn't mean anything in accordance to  'dress up', as his new part time fling stated. He was still all sweaty and sticky from the last session and he thinks he just forgot all of the units he'd done the past year. 

No regrets was spelled all over his face and he really doesn't have any bit of remorse in his thoughts when he flirted with this over 181 cm exchange student in uni. When he thought Wufan's apartment complex was amazing, the owner was even more amazing. 

Being the good boy he is - with this totally not implying on how much he digs - Junmyeon arranges the throw pillows on the side of the couch neatly as he wears his pants back. Trying to avoid the tiredness to come, he decides to pile up Wufan's dirtied clothing and the wet table napkins on the floor when room service decided to show up. 

Took them ing long enough. 

"Wait, wait no don't-'" Wufan says, almost yelling. 

With a crease on his forehead, Junmyeon stands up and retaliates an order to the person on the entrance beside Wufan. "Please clean up, Chanyeol. Wait, Chanyeol?" 

"Please don't even explain," Chanyeol looks over his shoulder to Wufan's slumped figure by the corner. He looked like he was taking antidepressants with the look in his eyes, then he sighed. 

"Don't worry, I don't think he has to?" Junmyeon shrugs and looks for his plaid shirt. Of all things he should be worried about, it would probably be why his new possible boyfriend looked really shy about them being a thing - even if just for the make out sessions but still. What was there to be ashamed of? 

He was most likely one of the most good looking people out there in the whole of Korea's densely populated Gangnam-gu. 

"Can I come in?" Chanyeol interrupts the silence. Walking inside the living room, he nestles on the matte black massage chair a few feet from the TV. "So, I have a thing to tell you or so," he said looking at Wufan who sat beside Junmyeon.

There was nothing more melodious than deafening silence with the walls' colours bouncing off of the complex's carpet. Then Wufan had to quirk his brows with an annoyed tone in his voice. 

"Spill," he proposed to the younger. 

I think, I want to try dating Kyungsoo. His mind slaps him on the face, hard.

"Uhm, I need to go back to internship, bye hyung," Chanyeol hurries out the door and leaves them dumbfounded, because he wasn't ready. 

And he kinda guesses that he never will be, even if he's likely to ask Kyungsoo out, somehow.

 

 

 

"Chanyeol?" Kyungsoo calls out from the shower as he continued to dry his hair with a small towel.

He had woken up to an empty bed across the room and it wasn't new, really. Having lived with Chanyeol for almost a month now had him knowing the other's schedule for almost everyday, excluding the times when Chanyeol's with his buddies because they were more than what spelled troublesome so Kyungsoo doesn't bother knowing his .

Buttoning up his collar and putting on a bit of cologne, he looks at the mirror before suddenly banging his fist on the sink. "Haven't brushed, wait," he suddenly remembers and grunts in frustration. Now he'd get his shirt wet and that's the last thing he needed before picking up some books before lunch.

Annoyed, he rushes squeezing the toothpaste before putting the toothbrush in his mouth and brushing away. Casually, he slips out of the bathroom and searches for Chanyeol because he could've sworn he heard the door unlock open.

"Hey, why weren't you answering earlier?" Kyungsoo said with his voice muffled by the fluid inside his mouth that was slowly trying to escape past his lips.

"It's 'cause I ain't Chanyeol, dear," a voice higher than Chanyeol's answers him back and Kyungsoo froze there on the spot.

Standing in front of him was a tall, slim lady's figure, her back turned at his small self since she was checking out a few of Kyungoo's middleschool photographs as he gawks at how some woman broke in and gosh, she actually had a key!

Getting a feeling of spitting out whatever mint flavored Colgate swished in his palette, he removed the toothbrush and widened his eyes even more when the lady faced him.

Hair reaching till her collarbones, slightly permed and was a creamy café au lait colour with eyes big but pretty, features sharp yet dainty, a nose bridge that was worth admiring and that bright grin that he knew he'd seen before.

"Hi, I'm Yura, and you are Kyungie?" she beamed at him sporting the exact same smile Chanyeol had.

Goodness gracious.

Memories of his causal talk with Chanyeol during dinner came into view like a huge tidal wave. His eye twitches as he thinks of when Chanyeol mentioned something about an older sister that kept on urging him to date a clean, organised and risk avoiding person for a better, fortified love life— or he may have mentioned something along those lines.

Brushing a strand of her hair off her face, she smiles again and approaches Kyungsoo's cowering body that stuck to the edge of the living room carpet like glue. The bangles on her hand shook as she straightened herself and clutched her hand bag, "Park Yura, nice to meet you?" she proposed a handshake.

Kyungsoo swallowed, then he choked. Forget about the toothpaste flavour and the fluid and whatever, he was dying!

"Oh dear!" Yura exclaimed as she threw her bag at the couch in a swift motion. It got Kyungsoo's heartbeat halting because he thought she'd break the flower vase or knock his coffee mug down on the floor but she was incredibly precise with landing her bag on the seat.

She held him gently and patted his back as Kyungsoo made weird faces because of the icky taste. Carefully, she placed Kyungsoo's toothbrush on a small desk in one corner of the room before continuing to pat Kyungsoo. She soothed him and eased him down by sitting the both of them beside her bag.

"Are you okay, Kyungsoo?" Yura asks with a very sweet and very concerned voice. "Did I scare you? I'm sorry dear," she pouts at him as Kyungsoo calms down. Her palm landed on his thigh and he stiffened before she flashed one of those smiles again.

God bless the Park genes, Kyungsoo thought. Was it a thing between the siblings? Or maybe the whole blood line have these soothing, doctor quality smiles that make you feel like you've acquired a lollipop after a monthly overall check up in the local clinic.

"I'm okay now," Kyungsoo says with a blush. Getting shy, he politely tries to scoot away from Yura (and her touchy feely hands) and sticks to the other side of the couch.

"That's good," she hums, "I dropped Chanyeol to the institute so he told me to give you his keys, since y'know he'll lose them."

Kyungsoo grins naturally now and takes the keys with slightly shaky hands, "I'll take care of it."

Yura pats her index finger on her chin, "you will be here later, right?" She asked him with raised eyebrows, "I mean, he'd love it if you waited for him later at night."

"I will," Kyungsoo muttered before he could even think straight. The elder just smiled, "Are you interested in him so far?" Yura questioned and Kyungsoo's soul flew out of the apartment.

"I- wha- pardon me?" He says flustered. Coughing, he gives a half smile and plays with the buttons of his shirt, "uhm, w-why do you ask?"

"You're not denying it!" Yura clapped her hands with enthusiasm, eyes almost twinkling. "I really hope you do because I like you!" She exclaimed once more.

"Is that a good thing," Kyungsoo half asked and half proclaimed with hesitance as Yura nods happily to his question. Whatever it was their parents drank before they got born, Chanyeol and his sister sure do have never ending supplies of pixie dust and sparkles.

"He likes Batman and it is the weekend," she suddenly mentioned as she checked her phone. "You should know what I'm implying, Mister Kindergarten Representative." Yura teased like Chanyeol as she glanced at the framed and laminated certificate hanging on one of the walls.

"I have a schedule," Yura stood up on her platform heels and walked towards the door, "and I guess you've gotta go pick up books?"

Kyungsoo gulped, "how do you know?" She grinned and raised her hand, "Little brother's been trying to know you like the back of his hand," and she chuckles, "anyway, I'll drop you?"

Trying to stop his cheeks from heating up, Kyungsoo slips on his shoes and asks if Yura can wait for a second, he just had to get his phone. Retreating from his room, he beams a more confident smile at her as they go out to the hallway.

Waiting for the elevator to stop, Kyungsoo felt so nervous. He was gonna be inside a car with Chanyeol's sister, for about twenty minutes if the traffic was bad, if not, then ten minutes max.

He's never felt so claustrophobic.

But obviously he's using the small space of the car as an excuse for the real fear which is Park Yura herself. She's basically a very nice lady with a heart for petite boys like him. It's surprising how she hasn't brought up awkward talk with Kyungsoo about Chanyeol and has been pretty discreet.

Or Kyungsoo was so obvious that he had a thing for Chanyeol and that he cleans his specs after he falls asleep at night or after a long period of gaming. Maybe even Kyungsoo's new habit of rearranging all of Chanyeol's snapbacks by colour and brand or his recent discovery of Chanyeol's tangled cable wires and how tantalizingly Kyungsoo separated them one by one under his computer desk.

It's most likely seen in his eyes, or Yura just misunderstands Chanyeol's messages of how 'Kyungie cleaned my closet again'.

Which brings us back to Kyungie. "Does he," Kyungsoo said as they walked through the parking, "does Chanyeol call me that?"

"Kyungie?" Yura snickers, "yes, he does." She unlocks the car and smiles to herself, "all the time."

"All the time?!" Kyungsoo's eyes bulged out of their sockets. "Even in front of his friends?!" 

Rephrase: Even in front of Luhan?!

Life will be hell if this 'Kyungie' thing reached Jongdae or Junmyeon. But worse, if Baekhyun hears about this there'll be no end of it for Kyungsoo. His friends'll never shut up.

"I think only Jongin," Yura signaled him to fasten his seat belt like the good boy he is. Kyungsoo reprimands himself and holds onto the seat for dear life. This was gonna be one hell of a ride.

 

 

"So, how was your first day with my sister?" Kyungsoo stopped chewing the rice.

Chanyeol stood on the counter as he opened a can of soda, "did she creep you out?" He laughed with the matching 'slapping knee-clapping like a seal' gesture.

"Oh she's nice," Kyungsoo mutters with a low voice, "pretty too," he continued chewing. Chanyeol sent him electrifying looks, "have you fallen for her?"

Kyungsoo tried to convince himself that Chanyeol didn't sound the opposite of what his facial expression said because those five words came out with a sad, rejected tone despite his face looked judging and angry.

"No," he sipped a bit of water, "but she's likable," Kyungsoo started with observant eyes, "just like you."

"I'm likable?" Chanyeol teases and sits on the edge of the table to purposely annoy the smaller. "No," Kyungsoo suddenly says with a bit of regret and anger.

Chanyeol touches his chest with a mocking expression of pain before Kyungsoo hits the small of his back so he could quit sitting on the table. "Have you bought the latest edition?"  Chanyeol opens up a new topic.

"Of which?" cleaning the table, Kyungsoo walks around and tidies up the kitchen.

"The Park Chanyeol Encyclopedia, by Park Yura." Chanyeol's lips stretch into a wide grin.

"I will because your sister made it, I won't because it's about you," he says quickly downing some vitamins.

Chuckling, the taller sniffles and retorts back, "are you sure you met my Park Yura because the one you met isn't as talkative as the real one."

Kyungsoo laughed, "yes!" He threw his arms up in the air, "if I didn't meet your Park Yura then why'd I ask you right now if you want to watch The Dark Knight Returns with me?"

"Oh." The older whispered.

Cold sweat, just very cold sweat. Confidence was such a , and Chanyeol can prove it.

 

 

 

"Did you plan this?" I hissed on the phone as I clawed on my face. Yura noona's snicker was teasing and I think I didn't have to ask if she did plan whatever Kyungsoo's doing or not.

I'm gonna die.

First thing first, I am Park Chanyeol: I make the first move. In which I try to believe that I did because I've been showing signs of mutual interest with my roommate but somehow it's just tainted with too much friendly. 

The past weeks have been going by very nicely, not to mention Kyungsoo's frequent helping when it concerns my cleanliness but I have enjoyed my almost one month stay here.

Truthfully, at first all I liked was Kyungsoo's . I'm being honest here, full blown confession: he has a nice . I pictured myself somewhere near, I don't know, on top of him? But when I started considering this place as home, Kyungsoo accepted me like I was family.

And so I fell for him, deep.

I stopped paying attention to lewd thoughts and I started absorbing his cute features and antics: like how he blinks a lot when he's perplexed, when he sighs deeply in between power naps, or even when he frowns because he didn't get his hair parting right.

Kyungsoo was a masterpiece if God was an artist. He's got a dash of timidness but that's fine, I can fix that. He's way beyond adorable and he's smart too, creative even. His perfume choice is chic and he likes black, he's simple and cool.

But then he gets flustered when I stretch in the morning. I still don't understand why, but I think either my arms freak the out of him or he likes them because he squeaks like a kid before he rushes to the bathroom.

It never crossed my mind that Kyungsoo would want to watch a movie with me. No, scratch that– that Kyungsoo would want to watch a movie with me on his laptop, sitting on the floor surrounded by pillows inside a fort of blankets.

It's too romantic to be real, and it was so my style.

The moment he offered to watch TDKR, I thought he was joking. Apparently no, my senses were confusing me and my heart wanted to make a ing hole through my chest because it beated so fast. Everything started swirling into a mixture of colours before he kept on calling out my name.

That's when I excused myself to the bathroom and prior that is the situation now; "Noona," I beg on the line. "You had a part in this, just say it!"

"But I don't," Yura smiles and I felt it, I know her all too well.

"Ughhh," I groan like a frustrated pre-teen who got grounded. "Never mind." I sigh and say my goodnight to her before hanging up.

Washing my face with water, I had to shake myself forcibly to wake up from this crazy dream. Tough luck though, since all I got in return was an imbalanced twenty two year old.

Trying my best to keep quiet, I bit my lower lip and rushed to the kitchen for a drink. And great, he's here.

"The popcorn's burnt," he tells me with his back turned. Kyungsoo looked so focused and saddened by the sudden turn of event because his bowl of popcorn got burnt.

"We can eat chips," I scratched the back of my neck nervously as my eyes took in his image. Why am I so nervous? Why isn't he nervous? Dangflabbit.

"Nah, let's just go with this. Popcorn and movies is good," Kyungsoo beams and I smile back because I can't help it. It's kinda rare for him to be the happy virus infecting character in the story. Right now it's like the book got flipped over, where the characters switch where they stood.

And I think I'm standing at the edge of a cliff.

He asks me to follow him back to our room and we sit on the floor, slumped on his bed. Only the lamps were on and the atmosphere was intoxicating my lungs because I felt like I was his boyfriend.

Am I?

As the movie plays, I just sit there, eating burnt popcorn before Kyungsoo's palm flew to my mouth. "Shhhh," he hushed me, "you're chewing noisily," he says with a wink.

Oh my godddddddd, no. What is happening? What did my sister do to Kyungsoo?

Nodding, I kept quiet and stayed focused on the screen. Playing with my fingers since I was still tense, I saw Kyungsoo from my side being comfortable. His head was slowly easing down on my arm with his legs sprawled out on the blankets and the pillows.

Being the dumb that I already am, I try scooting away but then I realised the popcorn bowl will be too far to reach. My hand dug in only to meet the touch of Kyungsoo's soft fingertips covered with salt and burnt popcorn grease.

"Hm," he hums and glances at our fingers, almost hooking with each other. And he didn't pull back, I did.

"Sorry," I groan out and Kyungsoo shrugged it off. I just averted my gaze back to the screen as time passed by.

Seconds, minutes, I don't even know if time was running but we haven't reached the of the film yet and Kyungsoo was leaning onto me, sleepy. I didn't brush him off and I didn't try to move away, I liked his warmth.

We stayed like that, not caring about how the other would react but how we, the both of us, felt. It just felt right.

I didn't even ring, my arms around him, but he sighed contentedly when I rested my chin on his head, inhaling deeply. The taste of the burnt popcorn barely mattered, as long as we were eating it together it became exceptionally tasty.

Finally, TDKR was coming to an end and my head was spiraling to the moon. I felt a little nauseous because of the emotional confusion earlier and I guess because of Kyungsoo's scent and his body, on mine, kind of.

Yawning, Kyungsoo took the sign and scooted away before his gaze met mine.

"Have you," he yawned, "opened my thank you gift?"

, "uhm," I try to start but I couldn't muster up the courage to say a white lie.

"It's fine if you didn't," Kyungsoo says with a pout but he wiggles out of the comforter he wrapped himself with an hour ago and gave me a sleepy, kiddish smile.

"What?" I asked him, now half awake and half tired.

"Goodnight," he leaned in so close and whispered to my ear, making me blush so evidently. Then, he kissed me.

The feeling of his lips on my burning cheek accelerated my pulse and quickened my breathing, I think my blood pressure got doubled and my brain throbbed inside my skull. My lungs were close to giving up but I smiled that exact dumb grin I always do when I and drive him nuts.

The 'high on aerosol' grin. My signature smile. The true me.

And when he retreated away from my side to climb up on his bed, I've never get so cold. It's like I wanted to hug him, no – kiss him, on the cheek, only. Well, yeah, for now.

With a very satisfied feeling in my chest I crawl to my bed and lie on it before turning the lamp off since Kyungsoo already went to dreamland. Soon, I will too and hopefully he dreams of me because I know I'll dream of him in all ways possible.

Even a wet dream, you know because I have my reasons! I still think his is pert and cute, I'd still it. Is this, a new start? Maybe my sister drugged him, but it's actually worth it. I seriously could get used to this.

Tomorrow, maybe I'd have the guts to ask him for dinner. Or I could do something for him, like open his thank you gift. The thought of what it was thrilled me more, since from the looks of it, this gift was a tad bit on the daring Kyungsoo side.

Maybe it's a kiss card, do I teach him the sinful ways of kissing? Nah, not yet.

I don't want to rush things but Kyungsoo, remember, you started it.


Wootwoot , unbeta-ed <3 thanks for all the subs and the comments and the friends and the love! /hugs

Well the chansoo has hopefully started and Yura in this /rolls/ my queen ; ;

Also, first person point of view from Chanyeol c: Was this long? Lmao idk guys, I just kept on typing what words flowed from my head to my fingers.

Let us keep the chansoo bond strong <3

 

Next chapter will prolly include first pov of Kyungsoo and yeah, I'm gonna add spice to this because get ready for Kyungsoo's trio to show up OuO

I'm gonna setao x sebaek because all of 'em want a piece of H baby.

Talk to me if you wanna suggest something! Comment please, it makes me really motivated and happy and I feel so high lmao Let's be friends c:

I love you all, /throws kai plushies and kisses

 

wish me luck for my exams ~ <3333

 

 

 

Don't forget to

Read : Subscribe : Comment 

 

 

[s][w[ag]upapi ☮ }