Beginning of the End

Room For Rent

daycare centre over an underground meth lab

 

"Can you please hand me  my phone?"

It was the 32nd time Kyungsoo had faced Chanyeol's long, idling figure on the opposite side of the room as he lazes on his bed, chest on a pillow, his thighs and legs magnificently basking in their profound lengthiness, his blue and yellow Spongebob boxers destroying his boyishness. Kyungsoo failed to find the reason why he plopped on his bed comfortably, knowing that his belongings were clearly on the wrong side of the table he shared with Chanyeol. His phone was out of reach, not necessarily putting his limbs' unwanted lack of a few centimeters in comparison to Chanyeol's to blame, so he's been asking the other to reach it for him because hell, it was barely having a five feet radius from Chanyeol. But ing no, he still hasn't removed his earphones.

"Chanyeol-ssi."

Kyungsoo can't escape from the barrier and restraint of  purple colored underwear that was two sizes smaller than his usual, apparently. That was the only reason why he wouldn't hoist his up from his bed and get things done himself. It was a present from Zitao. And when it's Zitao, the Chinese OJT guy in that pleasant cafe near the art studio giving you a present, clothing apparel as a respected and preferred choice, it only means two things: either it's too small, or it's not for your gender. Thankfully, the youngster was able to differentiate lingerie from men's undergarments so he got what guys do wear but it was just small. Really, don't expect much.

Kyungsoo regrets going inside the room before Chanyeol, no, actually he abhorred the miniscule thought of wearing those boxers ever since he had received them as a late birthday gift. It wasn't like he'd never flashed skin with pride in front of Chanyeol before but it would be embarrassing, still. If he already gave up his sanity when he discovered Chanyeol and his weirdness, he should at least refrain from giving up his shame.

"Chanyeol give me the damn smart phone!"

Gripping the pillow tightly, he flung it towards Chanyeol and his laptop, plugging his earphones off and away from his ears.

"I was watching the-

Kyungsoo made a face, "The ing sixty fourth episode yes, I'm sorry for disturbing you half-way earlier but I've been asking the same question like a parrot so just, could you  please hand me my phone?"

Chanyeol in his cheeks before getting up and tugging his boxers down since they were more or less being eaten by his inner thighs, before grabbing the wanted item and nesting his on the edge of Kyungsoo's bed - "What do you think you're doing?"

The question came in a bit late, since in a minute Kyungsoo found his legs touching with Chanyeol's much longer ones and his shoulders meeting his bare skin (please stop wearing wife beaters mister Park)  with his phone being unlocked in front of them, all of his conversations with his friends unraveled to Chanyeol's fascination.

Chanyeol gave a cheeky grin, "This is called knowing ourselves better, and from what my friends told me, everyone has their everything on their phones." Kyungsoo frowned at him and thought about his own colleagues, "What kind of friends do you even have, geez, such modern brat butts."

"I know not everyone has a nice phone but- oops, left laptop on bed, getting up, wait, don't scold me, I'm a  good boy."  Chanyeol made a quick run for it, reaching out his arms for his laptop like it was a child wailing in dismay, before neatly (not according to Kyungsoo standards) placing it beside Kyungsoo's on their table and nodding at Kyungsoo's raised eyebrow, "I will not burn my bed sheets, ah, I mean- your pretty-smelling bed sheets."

Going back to the moment: internal panic attack.

Kyungsoo noticed (finally) that when Chanyeol abruptly got up, he had thrown the comforter up, up and away to somewhere far from Kyungsoo's underwear clad thighs. Not a sight to see at like, nine in the evening. And yes, Chanyeol wasn't commenting about it yet, thankfully, but his sight was travelling down in slow motion until the doorbell rang.

"In a minute!" Chanyeol looked for his slippers under his bed by instinct and made his way outside, pulling his boxers down to look more presentable to whoever that was knocking on their doorstep. This was Kyungsoo's chance, and he grabbed it. Immediately. He needed those denim shorts fast.

In less than a thrilling five minutes of pre-apocalyptic stated Kyungsoo with shaky limbs and cold feet,  a brunette came strutting in with slumped shoulders and sweaty Abecrombie hoodies. Tanned flesh, nice collar bones and sleepy eyes with a cherry on top, Kim Jongin.

If only Chanyeol wasn't very talkative, he wouldn't have known the walking statue inside the apartment complex at present. He's been babbling non-stop about this Jongin guy who he likes a lot and compliments a lot, someone he looks up to despite the age difference. Chanyeol was a total fanboy when it came to this Jongin, and he's been with Kyungsoo for a week now. So seven days of Jongin-centric conversations when they eat lunch it is for Kyungsoo.

"Don't tell me you forgot we have game night tonight?"

The words rolled off of Jongin's tongue in a rather exhausted manner, making Chanyeol's ears perk up. "Oh my god, I just traded my Uncharted 3!" He exclaimed.

From what Kyungsoo knew, Chanyeol had friends who were his gaming buddies. It never really occurred to him that they would be a group of tall people, tall attractive men from a sans pareil world even. And as expected, Jongin was one of them. It also didn't help that the y meds student Oh Sehun was in the same group of extremely good looking buffoons. How come the people he least expected to be related to each other come out as best friends? That was not fair.

Jongin stayed on Chanyeol's bed, body sprawled all over the mattress with feet dangling at the edge. He looked like he would be permanently down on the sheets with that position, waiting for mushrooms to start growing on him with the expression on his face but the doorbell rang once more and he sends his up before creeping behind Chanyeol. "Yo baby!"

Did Kyungsoo mention about Luhan yet? No? Well he never intended to but what can he do to stop fate? Luhan was Jongin's favourite senior, Sehun's brother ideal, and Kyungsoo's therapist dash adviser dash match maker. Talk about interlinked relationships. And yes, Luhan was there in their place too.

He was sure that two minutes ago Jongin had a shirt on but now he was baring his tan all over the place but most dangerously, to Kyungsoo's eyes, and on top of that Sehun was doing the same, except that Kyungsoo saw him in the act of slipping off his hoodie while he fist bumped Luhan the great. Then Chanyeol happened.

He was wearing those stupid nerd glasses with that stupid Chicago Bulls snapback with the stupid Spongebob boxers, with his stupid thighs and that stupid and the stupid flawless skin together with his stupid toned fleshy arms with that stupid abdomen and its muscles and the stupid 'I am high on aerosol grin'. Well technically, you don't and can't wear your body parts or your skin or whatever but still, Chanyeol was an example of public indecency where a strength of one individual makes up for the category of public because yes, Kyungsoo was the public and Chanyeol was the indecency part.

"Hold your horses," Kyungsoo made a not-so-pleased face, "please act like boyscouts."

He swore mentally when Luhan took the last blow, slipping off his own Stussy shirt while high fiveing Chanyeol. He watched them all with half amused half frightened eyes, blinking non stop. Never has such a scene of four half men, most specifically one clad only in underwear and flipflops, ever revealed itself as a thought in his mind. It was kind of like pleasurable torture. Enjoyable pain. Like bitter pure chocolate with a sweet and creamy inside. Yum. Oh god, what is he even thinking? His trance was halted as Luhan stated his thoughts as a mocking insult.

"You don't honestly think twenty year olds will act like well disciplined boys, do you? If you do then I'm sorry but there's no monster under your bed that eats your socks at night." They laughed loudly at him, to his utter distaste.

What idiots, Kyungsoo mused, they think I'm kiddsih and stupid and naive to my own liking.

Stomping back to his haven of a bed, Kyungsoo pouts. He won't let down his reserve yet. Just they wait, he's going to sneak into the kitchen and tip toe to the refrigirator and use the devil key. The devil key, as defined by Chanyeol's abstruse brain together with its abstruse thinking, is the small one inch key to their refrigirator door that Kyungsoo uses when he has a grudge against Chanyeol which is most of the time. It's to control the food intake - well, Chanyeol was likely to eat his entire fridge in two days and he does the groceries so that was a huge disadvantage for him. And Chanyeol with three more guys is like a lion's capability to eat pounds and pounds times eight.

As the noise disappears slowly towards the living room, Kyungsoo lands on his bed face first, dismantled. He pulls at his hair and grunts unelegantly, remorse churning in his stomach. He shouldn't have disagreed to spend the night at the usual noraebang place with Jongdae and the others. He could have had a not-so tranquil yet satisfying night void of toned flesh and loud men. All he had to do was give a phone call and Junmyeon would be at their door, picking him up. But he deemed the thought of fumbling with his phone, on his bed, wearing skin tight boxers was a whole lot better than having a night out with peers.

He flips over and rolls into a fetal position on his side, cheek pressed to the warmth his pillow offers. Kyungsoo sniffles before entertaining himself with the green and purple sticky notes plasted on his wall. God save the queen, but most importantly God save his soul.

 

Chanyeol felt bad.

 

Something in his gut told him that something was terribly wrong and whatnot somewhere, in some part of the flat. It's been seven days and he's been all comfy with the new place, nothing absurd or scary. Kyungsoo was warmer than bed sheets but he was weird subtlely, kind of. He takes notice of the simplest things, not that Chanyeol dislikes it but he's never met such a person before. Blowing the fringes out of his eyes, he follows the others and settles on the couch whilst Jongin turns the console on.

He frowns, scratching his chest while he took a quick glance at the corridor opening. The sight of Kyungsoo's retreating back haunting him, panging his heart with a jolt of guilt. He doesn't know why he felt a little paradoxical, but he's seen this Kyungsoo before. If he remembered right he first witnessed Kitty Kyungsoo when he wasn't able to borrow his anatomy work books, editions one and two, three days ago. Yes, he looked like a cat drenched under the rain for hours and hours when he came home that night, eyes almost tearing up and breathing shallow. What did he do wrong again?

The art of forgiveness was something he knows he's good at but it's a problem when you don't have any clue what wrong you've committed! Was it the shirt? No, it's the laptop isn't it? Or maybe my boxers are to his distaste? , did I tell him they were coming- oh no, I forgot myself! It's got to be them! These heads, they're too loud.

Luhan's hands reach his waist and he bellowed softly if it was possible, "Aren't you saying your thoughts a little bit too loudly? heads?" Sehun snickered before realising he was a head too, Jongin supported Luhan's statement,  "Dude, this isn't our problem, he's totally yours."

Chanyeol sighed, he wasn't in the mood now. Something was just wrong, bothering him to such an extent that he wanted to leave these heads alone and skid to their room and grab Kyungsoo's phone and settle beside him on his bed while they conversed on absolutely irrelevant things.

For the past week he's been bombarding him with Jongin facts, making it seem as if he doesn't watch things but he's observant, in a way. And he's sure of one thing when it came to Kyungsoo: he was a complicated simpleton.

A control freak, fuddy duddy, likes being unnoticed yet catches people's eye a lot type of person. Warm, fuzzy, kind-hearted but also distant and mean, naggy and sometimes real slow. Yes, he was an out of this world kind of slow. A level far beyond naive and dense. The bottom line is, he was cute but creepy and smart yet dumb. He was Do Kyungsoo. Like a plush toy who wrestles you and chokes you at night when you sleep. Close enough.

So with no given second thought he snuck his way out of his seat and rushed to the room finding Kyungsoo on all fours as he snakes his hand under the bed reaching for his reading glasses – until and unless he was seducing Park Chanyeol, twenty two and single.

Damn, that .

Chanyeol should really repent and go to church sometime. His heart is filled with grave sins and his mind was dangerously green. In one or two words: erted anti-Christ.

"Uhm," it came out like an animalistic growl as he neared the door. Coughing a very quiet "Ahem," he managed to startle Kyungsoo and gave him a reason for a not-so-very-painful bump on his head.

Chanyeol immediately rushed and acted on the scene, as if Kyungsoo's state was critical. He ran inside and managed to trip on his own slippers or maybe he wanted to trip on purpose and land on something very warm and undeniably very y.

Kyungsoo's spirit was awaken. "Ow!" he screeched but managed to not attract too much attention (he hoped) as he felt no one rushing towards the room. He heard a sound, preferably a human sound. Before he could find his specs or even struggle his way out of the smoldering darkness under his mattress, he felt a weight suppressing his own with something really hard pressing at the lower of his back.

The situation couldn't get any worse, or better - for Chanyeol that is.

 


Is this considered as a cliffhanger? finally updated thank u buddha suho  

Haha Kyungsoo oh Kyungsoo ~ (Chanyeol doe /wiggles krisbrows)

Look forward to the next chapter ~

 

Don't forget to

Read : Subscribe : Comment 

 

 

wupapi ☮ }