Cafe Talk

Notice Me (Work In Progress)

 

It’s been a week since college started and nothing much has changed.

 

It’s around 2pm and Krystal doesn’t have class right now. So she’s just wandering the halls with a smile on her face. ‘Hmmmmm, do I need to do anything right now? Nope.’

 

Krystal’s just having a nice walk, when suddenly someone covers and starts dragging her away.

 

“Mmmmmmph! Rrrrrrrr!” Krystal screams. She bites down on a couple of fingers. "OW!" She’s finally released and looks at her kidnapper with anger. She sees Kai standing in front of her, rubbing his hand because of the bite. "Geez, you've got a killer bite. Did you sharpen your teeth before you came to school or something?"

 

“Kai? What the heck are you doing? Why did you kidnap me?”

 

Kai looks a little scared seeing an angry Krystal. “Now hold on. Before you tear me limb from limb, I didn't kidnap you. I just want to ask for a request.” Krystal’s eyes soften in curiosity and stays silent, waiting to hear what Kai has to offer.

 

“So, you know your friend Jiyoung, right? She sits next to you in Homeroom.” Krystal nods her head hesitantly, not sure where this is going. “Well, I-I, um, you see, um...” Kai stutters his words and Krystal asks herself why. Then something in her mind clicks.

 

“Wait, do you, by any chance, like Jiyoung?” He stiffens a bit at the mention of her name and his cheeks start to blush.

 

“Yeah, I guess. Hehehe...” He smiles, but it’s a different kind of smile. It seems like it’s filled with genuine happiness. ‘Wow. He really DOES like her.’

 

“Okay, so I know you like Jiyoung. What does that have to do with me?” Krystal asks.

 

“I need you to help me win her over,” Kai responds. Krystal just laughs at his answer.

 

“Me? Helping you to get a girl? Hahaha! That’s priceless!” Krystal just laughs and holds her stomach while Kai looks at her seriously. “Hahaha, hehehe, oh... You’re serious.” Kai nods his head.

 

“Please help me. I really like her.”

 

“I don’t understand. You’re part of Exo, the most popular guys in school. And she hasn’t fallen for your spell yet,” Krystal jokes a little.

 

“It’s weird, I know,” Kai says, taking it seriously. “But she’s different. I need to actually try to make her like me. And I don’t know how. Please, Krystal. Can you please help me?” Krystal contemplates whether it’s a good idea to force her friend into Kai’s direction, but eventually gives in.

 

“Fine, I’ll help you. But would do I get out of this?” Kai draws out a smirk and leans into Krystal’s ear.

 

“I could nudge him toward you, if you want,” Kai whispers. As he looks back at Krystal, her face is already starting to grow a rosy pink color. Kai chuckles and walks away, having accomplished his task.

 

...

 

f(x) is walking toward Victoria’s cafe, Nu ABO, happily chatting away. Krystal is still thinking about what Kai said. Her cheeks started to blush again as she remember what he whispered.

 

“Yah, Krystal. We’re here,” Sulli says. Krystal snaps back into reality and walks with her friends into the cafe. It’s fairly empty so they can talk freely.

 

“Annyeong, Zhou Mi oppa!” f(x) greeted to the man behind the counter. Zhou Mi lifts his head up and smiles.

 

“Annyeong, girls! How’re my favorite donsaengs doing?” Zhou Mi asks sweetly and ruffles Amber’s hair. f(x) giggles at his cheesiness.

 

“We’re doing fine, oppa. How’re things going today?” Luna says.

 

“It’s been normal today. Although, between us, I think your umma is being a little bit lazy,” Zhou Mi smiles.

 

“Yah, Mimi! What’re telling my little chingu’s?” Victoria comes out from the kitchen and scolds Zhou Mi even though he’s older than her.

 

“VICTORIA-UMMA!” f(x) yell excitedly. They rush toward Victoria and give her a hug, which she graciously accepts.

 

“Hi, girls! I wish we could talk right now, but I still have work right now. Henry! Can you set up a place for my girls?” A boy around mid-twenties looks up and walks over to f(x) with a smile on his baby-like face.

 

“Yes, Victoria-noona. Hi, guys. If you would follow me, please,” Henry replies and shows f(x) to a table. As they sit down, Henry asks “Would guys like the usual?”

 

“Neh,” they respond. Henry smiles with his teeth showing and walks away. f(x) start discussing what happened today and Krystal zones out again.

 

“Krystal. Krystal!” Sulli shakes Krystal awake. Krystal blinks and quickly apologizes.

 

“What’s going on, Krys? You’ve been spacing out since we got here,” Amber asks worriedly. Henry comes in and brings them their drinks. “Gomawo,” f(x) responds politly.

 

“I’m sorry, guys. It’s just something happened today and I still don’t know if I should go through with it or not.” Her friends leaned in, waiting for an answer.

 

“You guys know Kai right?” They all nodded their heads. “Well, he asked me to help him win over a friend of mine and I don’t know how to do it.” Krystal’s friends looked at her astonishment. ‘Kai needs help with getting a GIRL?’  they all think. “So, what should I do?”

 

"I think you should go for it," LunBer replies.

 

“Wait, if you’re helping Kai get a girl, what are you receiving from this?” Sulli asked with curiosity. Krystal shyly nodded. “C'mon, spit it out.” Her friends were getting impatient.

 

“He said... he could nudge Sehun toward me,” Krystal replies and puts her head down.

 

“Kkamjong said that?” f(x) turned toward where the voice was coming from and it was Tao. “Sorry for intruding on your conversation, but I couldn’t help but hear about Kai doing something for my Sehunnie.”

 

“Oh, hey Tao. What are you doing here?” Luna asks Tao.

 

“Victoria-noona didn’t tell you? I work here as a waiter now. My friend, Kris, also works here. Yah, Dduijang! Get over here!” Tao turns back towards f(x) and smiles at the four girls.

 

A tall, good-looking guy walks over to their table. His face is stone cold. “Ladies, this is my hyung. Say hi, Kris.”

 

“Annyeonghaseyo, my name is Kris. Please take good care of me.” He finishes off with a bow. Everything becomes a bit awkward since no one knows what to say.

 

“Well, I would like to chat some more,” Tao says, breaking the awkward atmosphere. “But we have to get back to work. Bye girls. Come on, hyung.” Kris just stands there, looking straight at Amber. He squints his eyes a little and walks away.

 

“That was a bit weird. Right Amber?” Luna says. Amber’s sitting in her seat, wondering why Kris was staring at her like that.

 

“Well, I better go home. Jessie might kill me if I’m not back home by 7:00. See you guys later.”

 

“Wait, Krys!” Victoria comes out of the kitchen and rushes toward Krystal. “Let me ask something. Do you still like that boy?” Krystal mums a yes. “Well then do what ever it takes to make him notice you. You’re a beautiful girl and he should see that as much as we do.” Krystal hugs Victoria.

 

“Thanks, umma.” Krystal smiles at Victoria, waves goodbye to her friends and heads out of the cafe.

 

‘This won’t be easy. But I’ll do it. For you, Sehun.’

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello, fellow readers and writers! Chapter 3 is up and I hope I did well. If I didn't, well, sorry. I'm really liking the love you guys are giving to Notice Me. It makes me so happy every time I get a new subscriber. Thank You!

Comment, subscribe, and/or upvote if you liked it.

Love Ya! <3

Geeky