Zelo

My 1004

-Zelo's Point of View-

The old amusement park. The best memory I had with her. I was young and she was innocent. The best thing I thought of was the stereotypical amusement park date. I remember riding on the old roller coaster, scared out of my pants and all she did was laugh at me. She was a sweet innocent girl, my precious LeeAh. She was bright and just a joy to be around.

But she left one day for a family trip and she never really came back... Her house was left as it is. Then a letter came in for me saying that she and her family had died in a plane accident. The report hit the news and I saw her fragile body on the TV screen. Umma said not to worry, that she was in a better place now but I only nodded. My heart wouldn't let go. I wasn't ready.

I'm 24 now and my contract ended with TSent. But I still help collaborate with other artists and the members and I are still good friends. It doesn't seem like it, but we all had our losses and it was hard to face through it. Anyway, I revisted the same amusement part I took LeeAh too. I had been shut down and a big lock kept the front gates closed. I climbed over the fence and jumped off from the top.

The place looked like it was perfect for a horror film to take place. The lights flickered everywhere and I noticed Youngjae hyung by the mirror maze. He was talking to one of the owners. We had all took our dates here together but in the end, we all split up from each other to join our own little time.

I walked past the roller coaster and the memory flashback into my head. I smiled as her laugher rang in my ears. I walked past that and the old man that Youngjae was talking to walked over to me.

"What are you doing here lad?" He asked smiling.

"Just remembering old memories." I replied back.

"Looking for your girl too aren't ya?"

"What do you mean?"

"Oh, then you're experiencing something different than your friend?"

"Uhm, I don't know what you're talking about ajusshi but I'm just here to remember an old friend."

"Really? There's this girl at the merry-go-round looking lost." He said. Then something clicked in my head. Out of all the rides in this amusement park, the merry-go-round was the one ride we kept going back to, so we could calm ourselves.

"But she's dead." I muttered.

"Lad, this is an old amusement park, you'd wouldn't be surprised by the number of ghosts I see. You're friend over there was looking for his. Sad to see such pretty girls die so young. You should let her go." He smiled and walked away. I stared at his back as he waddled away with his cane. I smiled and rushed over to the carousel.

It looked the same, only it was dustier and a few cobwebs hung around the cracks of the open spaces. I went over to the operation controls to see if it still worked. I pressed the green button, and the carousel lit up. The lights broke through the darkness of the night and it started to go round until sparks started to fly and the creaking sounds of the old gears began to break down. Sparks flew higer and smoke was coming from the ride until it fully shut down.

I ran over when I noticed LeeAh in her simple white elegant dress. I search through the smoke and found no one. I coughed up the smoke and realized there was a small stuffed toy. It was similiar to the white bear she had won for me. I know it's embarassing but I give her props. I picked up the small bear and the instant feelings of grief left my shoulders.

LeeAh had moved on and so should I. I walked away with the small bear in my in hand smiling. I saw the old man talking to Youngjae hyung and made my way over.

"Hyung!" I called. He smiled at me, holding his photo tight with small tears b his eyes. I smiled feeling the same way he did.

All of our angels had left and now we could move on, peacefully.

Goodbye LeeAh,
Watch over me well cause you know I would do the same.
At least you're not alone, you're with your parents afterall.

Goodbye love.

I smiled to the sky and Youngjae took me out to eat ice cream to calm our hearts and look forward to the rest of our futures.