Youngjae

My 1004

-Youngjae's Point of View-

I was at home... I gave up singing and I now own the famous Yoojae Corporation for Electronic Devices. Why? Well, like most Babyz and all Brainboxes would know, I love electronics.

Oh... You're asking why I gave up singing.. I lost a loved one because of it. My fans were too craz one day... They ended up killing my Tani by "accident." She left me as quickly as she came into my life.

We barely even found time to spend together, but the few moments we did, will always be my treasure. I don't try to forget her. I try to remember her as much as possible. She doesn't deserve to be forgotten, no one does. I didn't expect her friends did the same, but they forgot about her the moment she was burried. It wasn't even like they were even her friends.

But that night was especially unusual for me. I heard a loud clatter downstairs and I immediately got up from my bed. I walked over to my security system and looked at the monitors that watched over the downstairs room. On the kitchen screen, I noticed a figure I didn't expect would be there. Rushing down the stairs, I found nothing of the sort, but pans scattered on the floor. She was no where in sight. I saw Tani. I know I did...

I picked up the pots and placed them back in the cabinets and I smelled a trace of her shampoo. I'm not going crazy.

I grabbed the car keys and headed out.

I went for a drive just to calm my mind. But I saw her in the passenger seat, smiling at me. The moment I blinked, she was gone. Rubbing my eyes, I headed for the car and started it, pulling out of my driveway and went in whatever direction the road could take me. 

Unconciously, I drove by all the places I've been with her. I noticed the park where I managed to escape my fans and dragged her with me. I saw the ice cream palor down the block that we shared a sundae together. I found the little gift cart on the road where I had bought our first couple rings. I smiled at the thoughts, but the mother seemed to disagree.

The sunny skies soon turned into dark, and ominous clouds that eventually turned into a down pour. I pulled over and parked the car at the end of the street. I grabbed the umbrella I held steady in the back and got out of my car. I walked down a familiar street and found myself standing in front of the mirror maze that Tani and I completed together. The owner looked up.

"Ah, it's you. Have you come back to try again?" He asked with a toothless smile. I smiled but shook my head in reply.

"It brings back too many painful memories."

"Oh, you're talking about the girl aren't you? She visits here often."

"Tani?"

"Is that the girl you came with last time?" He asked and I only nodded. "Then yes, I see her quite often. She wanders alone in the maze all the time. I believe she's lost."

"But she's dead."

"I know."

"Wait what?"

"Her spirit is wandering in there son. It's time you set her free." He said and opened the door before motioning me to enter the lit mirror maze. I hesitantly step forward. "It's alright dear boy. Don't be afraid. If you complete this maze, you'll set her free and she'll be able to move on."

I nodded and stepped forward. I kept walking until I heard the closing door behind me. As the lights , I noticed the bright reflections of me, facing and staring right back at me from every direction and angle. In one mirror, I noticed her pale figure, smiling and waving. I turned my head and noticed her sad and fragile self. I placed a hand on a mirror and traced my way to find the exit, following her ghostly reflection.

It felt like I was stuck in the maze for hours. I went to every dead end possible.

I found the exit curtain but her ghostly figure led me somewhere else. Following her, I noticed she stopped and I stood in front of her frowning reflection. The light above me flickered and she disappeared. The light flickered again but she didn't return. Out of frustration, I my heel and with all the strength I had, I punched the mirror behind me. The shards fell to the floor and they reflected the mirror I broke. I looked up at the damage I did and noticed her reflection had come back.

My bloody fist left the mirror and noticed I had punched her right where her heart would be. She smiled at me and moved but I couldn't hear anything. I collasped on the floor below me, finally noticing my bloody hand.

Tani disappeared the moment I opened my eyes.

It's time to move now~

I stopped my tears and the pain in my hand stopped. I looked at it and the blood had disappeared, like there wasn't ever any cuts or bruises. I stood up with my tear stained face and found my way to the exit I saw moments earlier.

The moment I stepped out, the owner handed me a picture frame and patted my shoulder.

"I know it's hard son, but she'll always watch over you." He smiled and left. I stared at the frame and flipped it over. It was a picture of her and written on it was "Youngjae's Angel"