Yongguk

My 1004

-Yongguk's Point of View-

I'm a soldier. I fought the brutal war. I have scars to prove it too. The battle. The fight. The War... It was rough. But I knew I had to survive, to come back to the girl I love back at home. She was my princess, the sand to my beach, the moon to my stars. She was my everything. Her name was Kaejin.

However, I didn't realize how much the enemy had destroyed. When I was finally released, I came home to total destruction. Everything was ruined. My home was in ruins. Everything I owned was gone.

The only thing that caught my attention was Kaejin's frail body on the floor. She was ice cold and covered in dirt. Unconcious and no pulse. She was gone. I was strong man. I usually never cried but seeing her gone and so vulnerable and innocent tore me apart. She didn't do anything to deserve this. I didn't do anything to deserve this. Why was she the one that had to go? I held her body close to mine, crying. Letting my tears fall on her bare shoulder.

I lost my sanity that day. Told myself to never fight again. I never thought I would lose her. Didn't think I'd see that day come so close... The day we were separated. I seemed pathetic to my friends. Only my family understood my pain. They knew how much I had loved her.

But it's been six years and I still haven't gotten over her death.

I've gotten back on my feet at least... I've been working, eating, working out, socializing. The usual average person would do. I just haven't gotten back into dating. I couldn't forget my precious girl. I didn't want to forget someone like her. Why.. and How could I?

But lately, I felt her presence. It's like she never left. She's been appearing in my dreams lately. I've woken up feeling more secure and loved, just like when she was actually here. I told my family, but they only told me to take a break and travel. So I did.

I started driving around but I kept ending up in places that we've been together. I bought a hotel room and stayed there. But once I came into the room, I noticed a snowglobe playing music. But it wasn't just any song and it wasn't any snowglobe. It contained the song that I written for her. I didn't understand how it had gotten here, but I didn't mind. It made me smile. I felt a light weight on my shoulder and I couldn't tell if I was tired or if Kaejin was really next to me.

"Kaejin-ah, I miss you so much." I whispered and the snowglobe restarted the music. I hugged the pillow, imagining it was her. My sweet cupcake. I lay my head on the other pillow and fell asleep, still thinking of her.

I woke up, bringing the snowglobe with me and left the hotel. I paid the fee and got in my car. Next stop was the Exotic coffee shop. I walked in and said hi to Suho.

"Hey Hyung. It's been awhile." He greeted. I only smiled.

"It has been, hasn't it?"

"Indeed. What can I get for you?"

"Just the usual." I said and paid but he stopped me.

"It's fine. It's on the house."

"Thanks." I said and took my seat by the window. The place where Kaejin and I usually sat. On the table was a diamond locket I had sent to her while I was in the army. Inside, she had put a picture of me on one side and on the other was me. I was confused if it was a trick played by my exo friends or if it was really Kaejin. Suho came up behind to give me my drink.

"Thanks, but did you place this here?" I asked him, just to make sure.

"Ani. I haven't seen it before except on Kaejin." He admitted. "And I'm sorry, but she wouldn't want you to be sad." Suho patted my shoulder and went back to register, leaving me in deep thought. I smiled at the locket and placed it in my pocket. The weight in the booth shifted and I felt a weight on my shoulder again. It felt like she was leaning on me. I smiled and finished my drink before getting up to leave. The next stop was the beach. It was almost sunset, but the view was still nice.

It was the beach where we shared our first kiss together. I smiled and noticed something shiny in the sand. I bent down and discovered a silver glass castle. I held my breath and tried to smile. It was the castle that I used to propose to her. It was a music box. I lifted it open, and it was the exact same one. The same one with the picture and the ring inside. I took the picture out and noticed some writing on the back. I turned our photo over and realized it was her writing.

Yongguk Oppa~
Everyday when you were away, I was afraid of losing you.
But I knew if I did, you would want me to be happy.
The bombings are getting closer and I was afraid I might not see you again...
So I wrote this in case you come home and our home was destroyed.
Please, if I'm gone
Please don't be sad.
Move on and find another love.
Don't be sad anymore.
I will always love you
My precious tigger oppa.

Your Angel,
Kaejinnie

I smiled at her letter. She knew this would happen. She was right. If this was the other way around, I would've wanted her to be happy. I lay down on the soft sand and placed the on my stomach, letting the soft music play.

"I'm sorry I couldn't protect you." I smiled. "I love you Kaejin-ah."

I felt a hand lock into mine. I knew it was her. I could also feel her lips on my cheek and I smiled my gummy smile.

"Thank you for being my 1004. Saranghae. I promise to try to be happier from now on." I whispered and I felt the soft breeze of the ocean and her. Since then, I knew she would always be by my side, supporting me.