CH4 : GRADUATION

The First I Loved Forever

LIU FEI POV

 

“JIEJIEE……. COULD YOU HELP ME WITH THIS ZIPPER??”

 

Yura made some mess this morning, yelled there and everywhere. Ordered everything to every maid she met. Today is her graduation and SHE LATE! That’s her mistake actually; she went out with all her friends until midnight. When she arrived at home I don’t have any strength to scolded at her. Now, her graduation will about to start in 30 minutes.

 

I entered her room and I shocked for what I saw…

 

“YURA, WHAT YOU HAVE DONE!!” I yelled back at her. I saw so many dresses scattered on the bed, high heels everywhere, purses was out from its boxes, and her dressing table was full of make up tools. What is this? I thought she already prepared everything, but knowing this mess I fully doubt. “YOU’LL CLEAR UP THIS MESS AFTER GRADUATION CEREMONY!”

 

“I know I know…. Now, please help me with this zipper, Jiejie.” She cringed while put earrings.

 

“Done,” I patted her back.

 

“How do I look?” Yura asked me.

 

“You look fine.”

 

“What?! No! I wanna look great!” Yura protested on my answer.

 

“Okay okay. You look gorgeous, spoiled! Now let’s go!”

 

 

 

We arrived right on time. Thanks to Mr. Huang our best driver. Yura directly go to her friends, together they go to the respective chair while I still looking for an empty chair in parent’s section. I feel so bad toward Yura because today grandpa cannot come. He has an appointment with his doctor for his regular medical check up. Grandpa has suffered from diabetes since he was forty years old. And since 3 years ago, he needs to get medical check up every 3 months. I hope Yura doesn’t feel disappointed because just me is able to come.

 

Graduation as a senior high school student is a sensitive moment for everyone’s lives. From this day you’ll set your own aim and living with that decision no matter what the challenges you’ll be face afterwards. Moreover, after graduate you cannot consider yourself as a child anymore, you step up to the higher level of your life. This day, so many students spend the day with the one they loved, and since the one she loved was his grandfather, I thought Yura might be little bit disappointed because of his absence. Although she didn’t say to me, but I know deep in her heart she really hope grandpa would come, congratulated her, and took a picture together just like the others with their family. She’s a tough girl although I always called her 'spoiled' because I never want to see her cry. Since she was kid, she really hate when people called her spoiled, she'll act like a strong girl if someone called her so. When she lost her parents, I secretly sometimes saw her cry; I really hate to see her cry because it makes me feel sad, too.  But I don’t know how to comfort her and make her smile like before. And then I remember that she hate for being called ‘spoiled’. By then, I started to call her ‘spoiled’.

 

 

 

 

 

The ceremony is almost over; we’re waiting for the announcement of the best graduates – the students both female and male who get the highest score, not only academically but also non-academic, for this year – and their speech. I felt the same curiosity with the other graduates as I hope Yura would be the best graduates among her friends. But knowing how careless and being procrastinator she is, I doubt she’ll get that title.

 

“And now we come to the most anticipated moment, the announcement for the best graduates. With all due respect, please welcome our principal to give the announcement,” the host pronounced along with applause from the participants.

 

“Thank you, Mr. Wang. And now, without wasting a lot of time, I’ll declare the best graduates for this year are ZHANG JUN AND HWANG YURA! Congratulations for both of you. Waw…. your parents should be very proud of you.”

 

I freeze from where I stand when I saw that little thin girl with light brown hair just stepped up the stage along with a milky-white skin boy. Both of them are smiling brightly as their friends are cheered for them. Now it’s time for each of them to give a short speech. Well, this is something that I didn’t expect for the first time. I’m really anxious of what will she said in the speech.

 

“Thank you for this award, dear Mr. Li as a principal. It’s such a remarkable memory for me, leaving this school with the most prestigious award. Firstly, thank you for all of my teachers, I know I’ve made so much trouble in the past *chuckled* and then…thank you for all of my friends. And the last, I give my gratitude for Fei Jiejie who attending my graduation although she’s been very busy lately since the rest of my family member also can’t make it.”

 

Hwang Yura, you never seize to surprise me.

 

 

 

 

 

_________________________________________________

Bzzzzttt…. Bzzzzttt…. Bzzzzttt…. Bzzzzttt…. Bzzzzttt

 

“Hello”

 

“Wake up you, sleepyhead,” Yoona voice singing in my ear. I rolled on my bed; try to gather all my strength to wake up. I groaned and Yoona chuckled on the other line. “Wake up, Lu! We have a meeting in thirty minutes.”

 

“Ne…”  Luhan answered, still between awake and in dreamland.

 

“Don’t forget to bring all the materials, okay? See you!”

 

“Yeah….”

 

“I’m hang up!”

*click*

 

by that, Luhan lazily went to bathroom and in 30 minutes he was ready to had a meeting.

 

Luhan was elected as a chief of officer for his campus annual event. The event itself contains of sport competition and music competition and for the last day there will be a concert. This new job was took a lot of his time, especially his hang out time with the eleven boys. And today – which is Saturday – he needs to go to campus; having a meeting with those artist managers. Luhan felt so grateful because he has Yoona as her secretary in this event. He owes a lot of favor towards her for helping him in every case, including dealing with his sleeping habit.

 

 

 

 

 

The meeting itself has been going on for 3 hours, and now they had a coffee break and then go back to the agenda. Dealing with 10 different artist managers at the same time is a bad idea. At first, he wanted to shorten the time so that he gathered them together instead of having a meeting with each of them.

 

I think I need a time to talk privately with them.

 

It was already evening when the meeting was finished. After all the managers left, they had an internal short meeting among the crew before they went to go home. The meeting has officially ended at 9 p.m and they went to their respective business since this is Saturday. Luhan has nothing to do since all the boys are in Jeju Island right now to have a short holiday in Suho mansion. He felt so early to go home at this time but he didn’t have any destination. Luhan and the others are heading to the parking lot and bid a goodbye to each other. Suddenly he remembered that he hadn’t dinner, yet.

 

“Yoona, are you hungry?”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

*beep*

 

The sound of the door closed was heard from her 30th floor unit in Hyundai I’Park Apartment 2. She throws herself in the bed; take a deep breath to calm down her mind. The sound of a heartbeat can be heard clearly since the adrenaline just rapidly increased in her vein but a wide smile can’t go away from her pretty face. She felt very tired yet happy for today.

Calm down, Yoona…. just calm down. That’s just an invitation…. nothing more.

 

___________________________

FLASHBACK

They just finished had a dinner in a Chinese Restaurant near campus. Trying acted like a gentleman; Luhan opened his car door for Yoona while they went back home. It took about 20minutes since the traffic was easy to get to the Gangnam area. They chatted about campus and their personal matter along the up to the front of Yoona’s apartment.

 

“Thanks Lu, for the ride.”

 

“Ah…doesn’t matter. Thanks for accompany me had a dinner.”

 

“That’s nothing. I felt hungry too actually.hehe.”

 

“*Chuckled* um….Yoona, *he took a long pause* do you have any appointment for next Friday?” Suddenly silence filled up among them. Yoona felt her heartbeat had pounding crazily. “Well, I have an invitation to attend vice foreign minister daughter’s birthday, since your father is a foreign minister I guess you probably know him.” Luhan explained when he saw Yoona’s face became blank towards his bid.

 

“Y…yeah… I know her. I got the invitation, too” Yoona answered more like a whisper. Just control your breath, Yoona.

 

“Um….. great! So we can go together,” Luhan said, gave her a bright smile.

 

“Yeah…. I guess.” Yoona still couldn’t control her feeling. She wanted to immediately go out from Luhan’s car. “So, see you at campus.”

 

“Yeah....”

 

“Bye, Luhan!”

 

“Bye, Yoona!”

 

By that, his black BMW car went through Samseong-dong heading to Sinsa-dong.

 

 


AUTHOR'S NOTE:

 

comment & subscribe, ok? :)