A different kind of culture

Affection that Grows

It was something that neither was used to— and both found it quite weird, but the figured it was something they had to get used to if they were going to live in this country and city for the next years to come. Males holding hands, hugging each other and touching in weird places but surprisingly enough it didn't take them to long to get used to the affectionate touching that males did— after all it only showed how good friends they were. There was something that was slightly different though when Mark or Jackson tried to be affectionate like that towards each other, in the beginning even if they were fine with other Koreans, when faced each other somehow something was different. Neither could pin point what was different but there was something about the touching— when it came to each other, something was weird.

    "Ooooi— good job on that flip Jackson," their material arts teacher had said before walking over to him to give the younger male a pat on his back. He'd trained long to be able to land perfectly on his feet without feeling his feet shake and now he finally had mastered that.

   "Wah— Jackson you're finally gettin' the hang of it huh?" Mark mused cheerfully as he moved closer to the male with his hand raised up in the air, how was he supposed greet him? With a high five? A bro fist? A pat on the back? Or just a simple hug? All these thoughts were playing inside his head and not really helping him figure out his worries about this. 

   Jackson only stood still as the elder approached him with his hand raised. Without a second thought Jackson raised his own and gave the male a high five, giving the male a toothy grin. "Thanks hyung—" he replied and clasped his hand around the male's to give it an excited shake. Following after the shake was Mark reaching his other hand to Jackson's back, giving him a quick pat.

   "Soon you'll be up here flying with me you know—" he unconsciously whispered into the younger's ear before turning away to go train some more, unaware of how confused he'd left the younger male. A shiver went up Jackson's spine as Mark had whispered, he couldn't quite figure out if he was uncomfortable or comfortable with this but for now— he would let it be. Thinking that it wasn't anything, just the elder trying to get a hang of the Korean culture some more. 

'Even ahead of me there hyung' Jackson thought to himself before going back to train on the flips some more, after all he wanted to be up in the air next to Mark.

Honestly it didn't take too long before Jackson had mastered the flips. Everyone was amazed of how quickly he learned, but they also figured that it was because he had learned gymnastics as a kid that he was learning so quickly. Whenever Jackson had frustrations with the flips— Mark would console him and help him get thought it. Their bond only grew stronger as they spent days besides each other—  training and working hard. 


Heyyyy, it's me again. So thanks for all the people that have subscribed. I'm like wow over here to be quite honest. Quite, quite amazed. Really grateful. 

And as mentioned in the foreword, there is nothing as inspiring and fun for someone than to know that people enjoy what they write so please comment, subscribe or upvote(what is that even???) if you like this ;u;~