Triger

Alstroemeria

Millions of raindrops pelted against the glass panel and concrete roof. Drops of rain slid down the glass panel, leaving crooked streaks where they once travelled. The torrential rain blurred out the distant modern, high-rise and innovative architecture of down town Seoul. Today, FT Island’s terrace felt secluded from the seemingly faraway town. It was as if they were the only ones living on a peaceful and solitary hill.

 

While Hongki occasionally enjoyed tranquility and solitude, the silence in the house was getting too deafening for him. This isn’t his first day at home, all alone. Everyday, for almost a week now, Seunghyun and Minhwan would leave early at 7:30am for their individual musical rehearsals, that’s what they say. Jonghoon would stay a little longer, but at 9am sharp, he never fails to leave the house. Jaejin is just…you don’t even get to see him unless you wake up insanely early at 6am or stay up really late till midnight.

 

Speaking of Jonghoon, he has been reaching home rather late these few days. The last time Hongki checked with Manager hyung, Jonghoon barely has any events or activities to attend to. So where has he been all this time? The more Hongki thought about it, the more suspicious he got. The more Hongki thought about it, the angrier he got.

 

The unusual Boss scent, the strange smiles at his texts, the dreamy expression on his face whenever he reaches home. Just who has he been with?

 

The fury built up within him as the seconds passed. He was determined to find out who his Jonghoon has been cheating with.

 

And so he waited, and waited till the wee hours in the morning. It was 1am. Everything in the living room was pitch black, except for the table lamp beside Hongki in his wheelchair. He stared hard at the coffee table, waiting for Jonghoon to reach home.

 

At last, the door knob turned, slowly and discreetly. Jonghoon tiptoed into the house, praying hard for Hongki to be asleep. But his wish wasn’t fulfilled. He stopped right in his tracks when he saw Hongki, illuminated by the table lamp, sitting motionlessly in his wheelchair. Hongki slowly turned to face Jonghoon and stared at him with one of his you’re-gonna-die looks. Jonghoon swallowed a big gulp of saliva and forced a natural smile on his face as he approached Hongki in the most casual way possible.

 

“Why are you up so late, hun? You don’t have to wait for me,” Jonghoon squeaked timidly. He moved to sit on the black leather couch beside Hongki.

 

“Of course I had to. I had to see what you were up to. So, who have you been with?” Hongki shot the question directly in Jonghoon face.

 

“Just a few of my ex-classmates. You know, class gatherings.” Jonghoon tried his best to smoke his way through, but deep down, he knew was about to get real.

 

“Ex-classmates huh? I think you mean one ex-classmate by the name of Seungri,” Hongki said in a sarcastic tone while moving forward and snatching Jonghoon phone from his hands.

 

Caught by surprise, Jonghoon let go of his phone and immediately regretted his actions. He prepared for the uprising as Hongki scrolled through his messages. He knew he was domed. This time there was no going back. But what was there to lose anyway? He was sick of Hongki’s childish tantrums, at how clingy he was. He was tired of their relationship. Seungri was far more attractive than Hongki. He always felt bad for going out with Seungri in the dark. Now is the chance to make things clear with Hongki and treat Seungri with due respect.

 

As Hongki’s eyes captured the long string of lovey-dovey conversations Jonghoon and Seungri had, he shook his head in disbelief. The Jonghoon he used to know was no more. The perfect, wonderful, almost too-good-to-be-true guy was gone. Turns out, he was indeed too good to be true. Looking at all the “honey”s, “darling”s and “babe”s, Hongki’s hearrt started to bleed. After all these years of relationship, after all that they’ve been through, and this is what he gets? Being dumped by the person whom he had known to be his boyfriend and best friend just because of some Seungri guy he didn’t even know exists?

 

Anger and jealousy and sorrow and every possible negative emotion started to devour Hongki’s heart and mind. He was thrown into a state of confusion, aggression, depression and disbelief. Before he knew it, he was throwing things around the living room, pillows, Jonghoon’s phone, the telephone, photo frames, every thing he could reach. Tears flowed down his cheeks as he let his emotions run wild in the dark night. He starting raining pounds on Jonghoon’s chest and shoulders. He hated him. Hated him so much. Why did he have to do this to him?

 

Jonghoon sat and stared in silence. He was helpless. He knew nothing could stop Hongki. So, he sat there for a straight 15 minutes, taking all the pounds and punches and pushes. He sat till Hongki finally stopped and crunched up in his wheelchair. Hongki’s shoulders moved up and down as he sobbed and gasped for air. The living room suddenly sounded like they were in a vacuum. All that was left was Hongki’s incontrollable sobs.

 

Jonghoon felt bad, he really did. But he couldn’t take it anymore. It was time to break up with Hongki, once and for all. He moved closer and put a hand on Hongki’s back. In his most serious voice, he said, “I know it would be painful for you, but I think this is would be the best outcome for both of us. I’m sorry I’ve ever broken your heart like that. I don’t expect your immediate forgiveness, but I hope that you’ll pick yourself up and find a better partner. We really had great times together, but I guess it ends here and now. Move on, Hongki.”

 

With that, Jonghoon heaved a sigh of relief and left the living room. Hongki continued to sob in the dark as Jonghoon words rang in the air and in Hongki’s mind. Move on, Hongki. I know it would be painful. I guess it ends here and now. Every single word left an incision on Hongki’s already wounded heart. Hongki crunched up even more, burrowing his head into the warmth of his body. He was speechless; he didn’t even what to think anymore. The degree of damage this has done to him is immense. No one can imagine how long it would take for him to recover from this blow.

 

Just then, another figure appeared in the dark. It settled down where Jonghoon had and reached his hand out to Hongki’s hunched back. But this time, it gave him comfort. The hand rubbed Hongki’s back in circular motions, going round, and round, and round, and round, until Hongki got tired of sobbing. Hongki started to feel his eyelids droop and soon, the z monster got the best of him. He slouched into his wheelchair and fell into a deep slumber.


New update! ^^ I'll be updating every week so stay tuned haha :) Who's that mysterious figure? ;)