Chapter VI – Training Session

Beneath The Tale Of Gemstone

Chapter VI – Training Session

“Tae noona, Yul noona, are you guys ready?” The youngest yet quite tall boy speaks through the microphone which connects to the speaker in the room. It wasn’t any ordinary room, it’s a training room specially made by Eron for improving their skills.

 

“Any time, Sehun, we’re ready.” Taeyeon says through the small communicating device on her ear.

 

“Okay.” Sehun releases his hand from the microphone’s button and turns to look at the person beside him, “You ready, Sooyoung noona?”

 

“Yeah, guess so.” Sooyoung shortly reply as she’s concentrating on the soon-to-be-battle-floor. Both of them are almost 100 meters from where Taeyeon and Yuri are. She’s standing beside Sehun to see how everything works there.

 

“Alright, we’ll start now.” Sehun informs Sooyoung before pressing a button.

 

Right at the middle of the room, a vertical wall was release from the ceiling. Taeyeon and Yuri are now on their ready stance in their respective position where Taeyeon is on the left and Yuri on the right.

 

As soon as the newly made wall attached to the floor, buff mans are presented in front of them.

 

 

“Are those real humans, Hun?” Sooyoung asked.

 

“No. They look like real human but they’re not. It was Eron’s idea when Taeyeon and Yuri almost-” Sehun explains as he looks at the two girls on the battle field. Sad tones can be heard from him, “Let’s just say they almost left us back then. From then on, Eron had decided to make this room so he can train them well. Never ever we will want to go back to the past again.”

 

“So, you mean…” Sooyoung trails off and looks at them. No wonder they acted so weird all the time. Taeyeon would hide her personal things and Yuri always pranks people. That way, they won’t have a chance of thinking that.

 

Taeyeon punches the bot’s stomach with her right fist with strong force which sent the bot to hit the wall and turned off.  Before the next bot can reach her, she jumps high enough for not letting the bot reaches her and made a swirl kick.

 

On the other hand, Yuri with both hands holding her daggers charges towards the bots on each of her side and slices them. Consider they were bots and Yuri can slice open their fronts, it was sure that Yuri’s daggers are dangerous and that’s why it was easy cutting the teacher’s chair back in school.

 

They’re like two different people when they’re in action. Sooyoung thought while looking at the two elder one. Their eyes, their breathing, their actions, it feels like it means something, something which says ‘I’m not going to die on this one’.

 

Taeyeon hits and kicks the bots, sending them to the back of the room while Yuri ran and slices their body. There wasn’t a chance for the bots to take them down nor did they have the chance of breathing.

 

All of the bots had been swipe out by them after couple of quarters passed the clock. The vertical wall is detached from the fall and reattach to the ceiling.

 

Just when they thought everything is over, a larger human bot is presented in the middle of the room.

 

“Are you sure they can defeat that one?” Sooyoung asks Sehun in a worry tone.

 

“No one can be sure about that, noona, not even them or the bot. That’s how we can train them. Don’t worry, the bots won’t kill them. It’ll only give them injuries until I switch it off.”

 

“You mean, you can control how long the bots hit them?”

 

“Not really. The bots that they destroyed earlier shuts themselves down. I can only control the one that is still in action.”

 

“It practically means that until they’re injured enough, you won’t stop the bot?” Sooyoung is a little losing her mind now. How can that boy does such thing to his noona?

 

“It’s the only way to push them till their limit. If I shut down the bot before they can even use more power, how can they improve?”

 

“You…” Sooyoung furiously grabs Sehun’s collar. Assuming that Sehun really wants them to improve, but to Sooyoung this isn’t the way of doing it.

 

“Soo, let Sehun go.” Just in time, Eron came into the room and stops Sooyoung’s action. Sooyoung loses her strength on her fist and lets Sehun go. She looks down feeling sorry and in the same time, worry about her two unnies.

 

“Let’s just look at them first, Soo. If thing gets worse, I’ll take the blame since I’m the creator of everything here.” Sooyoung didn’t answer and just look at the two figures trying their best to knock of the bot.

 

After the whole rounds of training with the bots earlier, Taeyeon and Yuri is already drenched in their sweats. Even so, they do their best. It was a mission of shutting the bots together now, not separating their abilities. Sooyoung too is concentrated on them.

 

Both of their gazes change when they look at the bot in front of them.

 

It’s amazing how Sooyoung cares about them even though they met not long ago. Eron stands a side and observes Sooyoung.

 

Although Taeyeon and Yuri had defeated tons of bots, but it seems this one is harder. Previously, they sent bots away from them but this time, they stand no chance on hitting it. In fact, they were the one that got sent away. Even so, they didn’t stop.

 

Sooyoung says nothing and just pays attention to their actions. It’ll be a lie if Sooyoung doesn’t have hard feelings looking at them like that. She just need to have faith in them.

 

Suddenly, something sensed in Sooyoung’s mind.

 

The bot has a blind spot. If what I’m thinking works, then they wouldn’t get beaten up.

 

Sooyoung quickly grabs the communicating ear piece on Sehun’s table and switch it on by her ear. Eron and Sehun are startled by her sudden action. Sehun wanted to stop her but he ends up got halt by Eron.

 

“Let’s just see what she’ll say.” Eron softly says to Sehun. He stands back and looks at her.

 

“Hey, can you two hear me?” Sooyoung spoke through the small device.

 

“Sooyoung, what are you doing on the other line?” Taeyeon asked as she was shocked listening to Sooyoung’s voice. Both of them are lying on the ground after got beaten up by the bot. There were few cuts on their body and they’re tired.

 

“Don’t turn the device off yet, you two. Just listen to me, I know how this thing works.” Sooyoung reassures them before telling them her plan.

 

“Look at the bot, the blind spot of it is on its 4 o’ clock and 8 o’ clock. If one of you can charge to it from the front, it wouldn’t be able to look back. And if it really looks back, the person in front has to run faster and hit the nerve on its neck. That’s the only way, can you guys understand what I’m saying?” Sooyoung explains her plan through the talking device.

 

Taeyeon and Yuri look up to the bot and think through Sooyoung’s plan, “We understand.”

 

“Yuri, I’ll need you to do the front person.” Taeyeon says.

 

“But, I’m not as fast as you. Why not you do the front?” Yuri says in a worry tone.

 

“Don’t worry, I trust you. And you have to trust me as well.” Taeyeon pleaded to Yuri. There wasn’t a reply from Yuri yet.

 

“Okay, I’ll do it.” Listening to what Yuri had just said, a smirk is then plastered on Taeyeon and Sooyoung faces.

 

“Alright then,” Sooyoung talks through the device, “Get up.” Upon hearing that, Taeyeon moves a little. Bits by bits, she gets up. Yuri wasn’t doing any good and still lying there.

 

“Yuri, get up.” Sooyoung calls her out one more time.

 

Hearing what Sooyoung asked her to do, she slowly lifts her body with her arm. It was hard, but she eventually got up.

 

“Wait for it, Yul.” Sooyoung speaks up. Few second passed, “Now.”

 

 At Sooyoung’s command, Yuri charges forward and expectedly, the bot looks towards Yuri.

 

Before Sooyoung has the chance to speak to Taeyeon, Taeyeon swiftly moves towards the bot at its exact 8 o’clock. 

 


 

Hi, readers :) Here's another chapter ^^ Sorry for the cliffhanger, I need to be somewhere at this moment so here's all I can type for now. 

Enjoy ^^

 

Btw, anyone watched GG's comeback 'Mr. Mr.' Image Teaser? It's awesome :D And do check out Taeyeon's Set Me Free. One word, 'Melodious'. 

See you guys later :)