Chapter V – Peanut Butter Prank

Beneath The Tale Of Gemstone

Chapter V – Peanut Butter Prank

A girl is standing under a tree located not so far away from the school café as she takes out her bread which she brought from home. As she was about to eat her bread, she felt something.

 

“WHAT IS THIS?” She looks at her palm which was apparently covered with peanut butter. Only one person will dare to do this considering this girl isn’t someone you want to mess with.

 

“Kwon Yuri!” She yells, knowing Yuri is somewhere near her.

 

“Yes, Jessica?” Yuri innocently says after she walked to Jessica.

 

“Don’t tell me you aren’t behind this.” Jessica growls at Yuri.

 

Yuri just winks at her and gives her a huge smile.

 

“You’re crazy.” Someone speaks up behind them which startles both of them because they couldn’t sense the familiarity in the voice of that person.

 

Yuri looks up and saw Sooyoung standing behind of Jessica. She then waves at her, “Oh, hey, Soo.” Sooyoung smiles as her greetings to the elder girl.

 

Soo? Jessica couldn’t figure out who is standing behind her so she turns around.

 

“Jessica,” Before she can turn around, Yuri holds both of her hand and steps few steps backward, pulling Jessica along with her, “Okay, now you can turn around.”

 

“What the hell are you doing, Kwon?”

 

“She’s too tall.”

 

Jessica just ignores her remark and turns around, which she is shocked to see Sooyoung. Wow, she is tall.

 

“Soo, this is Jessica. And Jessica, this is Sooyoung.” Yuri starts her introduction for the two girls in front of her.

 

“She’s the girl that is going to join us in our action. Remember what Taeyeon told you before? She’s the new girl.” Yuri whispers at Jessica’s ear.

 

“Oh…”

 

Sooyoung knows which hand of Jessica’s have the peanut butter so stretches the other hand out, “Nice to meet you, Jessica-sshi.”

 

Jessica shakes it, “Nice to meet you too. Since you’re a dongsaeng of Taeyeon and Yuri, I guess you can drop the formality.”

 

“Okay.” Sooyoung smiles at Jessica.

 

“Alright, you two go hang out with yourself and I’m going to another place. Good bye!” Yuri says and quickly dashes off like she was in a rush or something.

 

It was awkward since they don’t know each other that well yet.

 

Why can’t I just tag along with Yuri? Sooyoung thought. She looks at the girl next to her and remembers that her hand is still filled with the peanut butter. She then searches for tissue in her pockets.

 

Jessica looks at Sooyoung’s weird action and decides to ask her, “What are you doing?”

 

Just at that time, Sooyoung takes out the wet tissue and hands it to Jessica, “I was searching for this. Here, take it.”

 

Oh yeah, my palm is still dirty. Thank you, Kwon Yuri. She scoffs which made Sooyoung shocked by her sudden reaction.

 

“Oh, sorry, I didn’t mean you. Thank you.” Before things got awkward, Jessica takes the wet wipes away from Sooyoung.

 

“You’re welcome.”

 

Both of them are then back to the quiet atmosphere. All of a sudden, Sooyoung sits down on the bricks surrounded around the tree which cause Jessica to look at her.

 

“Why do you choose to eat standing up? It’s not good for your digestive system, you know? There are so many chairs in the café yet you choose to eat here by yourself…” Sooyoung looks up to Jessica.

 

“No reason. I just like to eat by myself.”

 

“Then…” Sooyoung gets up and sweeps off the dust on her clothes, “I better get going.”

 

“Alright then, thanks for the tissue.” Jessica gives her a smile which Sooyoung returns.

 

“Nice meeting you too.” Sooyoung says and turns to leave.

 

“Sooyoung!” Before she can leave, someone calls out.

 

Huh? She turns around and saw Taeyeon with an unfamiliar girl. Taeyeon leaves Tiffany with Jessica and walks towards Sooyoung.

 

“Oh, Jessica, you’re here too?” Tiffany greets Jessica.

 

“I was always here, Fany. What do you mean by that?” Jessica gave her a question look.

 

“Geez, I was just saying hi.” Tiffany then steps away from her. She looks towards Taeyeon who is having a conversation with Sooyoung, “How did you end up with her?”

 

“Yuri pulled a peanut butter prank on me again and she appeared.” Jessica points at Sooyoung. Both of them are now looking at the scene in front of them.

 

Tiffany just shakes her head and sighs.

 

“How can three different people work together?”

 

On the other hand…

 

“Hey, Soo. How’s everything?” Taeyeon went towards Sooyoung and asked.

 

“Everything’s fine for the meantime. And, Yuri pranked on Jessica unnie earlier.”

 

“Not again?” Taeyeon just shakes her head. “Don’t worry about that, she’s just playful.”

 

“Sure.” Sooyoung smiles at her.

 

Taeyeon suddenly thought about something that she needs to do, “Oh, about the incident earlier you saw by the entrance of the school, that girl is Tiffany Hwang. You can just call her Tiffany though. She’s…” Taeyeon scratches the back of her neck.

 

“I’m her girlfriend.” Tiffany suddenly appears between their conversations. Tiffany knew Taeyeon is having hard time talking about her personal thing so she decided to sneak up and tell it to Sooyoung.

 

“Oh,” She looks back to Taeyeon, “Okay then.”

 

“Sorry for not telling you when we were having our small chat all these while. I just don’t know how to bring it up myself.” Taeyeon explains.

 

“It’s okay. It’s your life and your personality, I am in no place to control what you want to do.” Sooyoung smiles at Taeyeon, letting her know that she has no intention of knowing about anything if the other person doesn’t want to speak up.

 

“My class is starting soon so I better get going. Bye Tae, Tiffany and Jessica unnie.” Sooyoung left after saying good bye to them. When Sooyoung is out of their sight, Tiffany turns to Jessica.

 

“What?” Jessica is startled by her sudden action.

 

“Why are you the only one she calls ‘unnie’?” Tiffany asked out of her curiosity.

 

“How would I know? All I know is her name. Yuri didn’t say anything about she’s the same year as us. It surprises me as well when she didn’t call you girls ‘unnie’.”

 

Tiffany leans towards Jessica and looks into her eyes but was stop by a strong force on her palm. Tiffany looks back and sees Taeyeon holding her hand firmly so she wouldn’t lean closer.

 

“Dude, you’re freaking me out.” The scene wasn’t seen by Jessica so she pushes Tiffany away from her.

 

“Fany,” Taeyeon breaks their conversation which causes both of them to look at her, “You’re only allowed to do that to me.”

 

“See, your girlfriend is mad now for you leaning close to me.” Jessica says with her arms crossed.

 

“Fine, but Jessica,” Tiffany halts her sentence for a while before continuing it, “Are you interested in Sooyoung? I mean, she is good looking.”

 

Jessica shows panic in her eyes, “Are you crazy? I only meet her for like less than an hour. Do you think I will fall for her that fast?”

 

“Let’s just wait and see, Sica.” Tiffany shows her eye-smile.

 

“We’ll leave now, Sica, just before Tae-Tae starts fuming steam on her head.” They all says bye which left Jessica alone at there.

 

Jessica just shakes her head and walks towards her next class.

 


 

Hi, everyone. Here's another chapter for you :D

Hope you guys enjoyed and do comment :)