Chapter XIII – A Cute Grown Up Kid

Beneath The Tale Of Gemstone

Chapter XIII – A Cute Grown Up Kid

After the whole conversation that went on just now between Sooyoung, Yuri and Yoona, it resulted to leave Jessica still outside of the school compound. And this is how HellSica of the day is created.

 

“How dare they leave me alone outside?” Jessica stomps her feet as she walks to her class, “Yuri and Yoona were acceptable, but Sooyoung too just left without bringing me along?” She mumbles all the way until she reaches her class.

 

Just on the way she goes to her class, her eyes wander off somewhere and stop on a certain something, or rather, someone. Why does she look so tired? She looks at that person for a moment and shakes her head. “No way am I going to think about her now.” And then, she continues to her class.

 

“Alright, class…” Jessica was shocked when the lecturer suddenly speaks up while she was searching for a seat. She has no choice but to sit on the seat that was available in front of her. No one wants to see the lecturer gets mad.

 

As time passed by, it was then again another session for Jessica’s eye lids to go heavy.

 

 

“Hey, Yuri unnie, who is that girl I met before?” Yoona suddenly speaks when they were having their break in the school café. When Yuri remembers about what happened earlier, she chokes on her food, trying to explain everything to Yoona.

 

“Unnie, slow down.” Yoona says as she rubs Yuri’s back to soothe her and passes her water to the elder girl.

 

“I’m fine, Yoong.” Yuri says and gulps half of the water Yoona gave her. After she drinks, she pants for a while before going back to her normal breathing, “Thanks.”

 

“So, what is that that you want to tell me?” Yoona asked after Yuri recomposed herself.

 

“Well, that girl, she’s Choi Sooyoung, new member who joined the team with Taeyeon and I.” Yuri explains to Yoona as she nodded, “So, she’s like our new maknae for the group.”

 

“So, why do you push her away when she just wanted to introduce herself to me?” Yoona looked at Yuri with a question look.

 

“Never ever, I mean never ever, let her get close to you. She’s dangerous.” Yuri says and mumbles the last sentence so Yoona wouldn’t be suspicious on why Yuri protected her from Sooyoung.

 

“What are you talking about? She looks fine to me.” Yoona said which caused Yuri to look at her.

 

“She’s… She’s… She’s… Ugh!” Yuri stutters as she tries to explain to Yoona but words just won’t come out from .

 

“She is what, unnie?” Yoona desperately wants an answer from Yuri because she caught her curiosity.

 

Yuri opens and was trying to explain but there goes the bell. Their conversation was then cut off by the sound of the ring. Yoona stands up from the bench of the café before turning to look at Yuri.

 

“Unnie, we’ll talk about it after my class. See you later.” She leans down to kiss Yuri’s cheek before leaving her alone in the cafeteria. Yuri was a moment star struck by Yoona’s kiss that she just looks at her leaving the café.

 

As Yoona’s silhouette gone from Yuri’s sight, she came back to her sense. Choi Sooyoung, I’m gonna get you.

 

 

A quiet figure was present on the table in the ongoing class. No one tries to get her up, nor does anyone even bother to call her to wake up. Lecturers that came into the classroom too didn’t bother to do so. Why? Because their principal says don’t wake her up.

 

As classes come and go that day, she didn’t even bother to get up. Even the first thing she does when she reached the class was thinking to sleep. Not even her hungry dragons inside her stomach.

 


“Sooyoung-sshi do sleeps a lot today, don’t you think?” Someone from her class starts to whisper when they get out from the class when the last session of theirs were finished.

 

“Do you think she got the Ice Princess infection? After all, they did hang out once.”

 

“Hmm, maybe the Ice Princess infection is dangerous.” They all found a conclusion and turn around to leave. Unexpectedly, they saw someone looking at them. More like glaring.

 

They quickly lower their heads and walks by that person’s body and flee away. It was lucky that they manage to get out safe.

 

Jessica looks at the figure inside the class and unexpectedly seeing Sooyoung in there, sleeping. What makes her so tired today?

 

Since Sooyoung has done once like this to her, she decided to go into the classroom to repay her for waiting for her to go home together. Or maybe, Sooyoung just wants a companion to bring her to visit the ice cream stall.

 

Either way, Jessica has already decided to wait for Sooyoung to get up. Since she was born to love quiet and bored, she can face any quietness and boredom. So, she just looks at Sooyoung while waiting for Sooyoung to get up personally.

 

One second passed, two seconds passed… Jessica is slowly going to slump on Sooyoung’s table while waiting for her to get up. She never thought that one second passed so slow when she’s around Sooyoung.

 

I’m bored. She thought to herself. She tries to get her mind to think of something else but eventually, she’ll end up looking back at the sleeping figure.

 

She couldn’t be dead, right? Slowly, she starts to have some hallucination and imaginary things flowing on her mind. What the hell am I thinking?

 

Finally, her mind got into an idea to finish this boredom.

 

“Hey, Soo.” She starts to poke Sooyoung’s arm which she uses as a pillow. “Sooyoung, Sooyoung, Sooyoung.” She repeated a lot of times and even in different pitches, tempos and voices but she just won’t get up.

 

What is this? She’s not really dead, is she? Jessica began to worry and looks at Sooyoung. Luckily her body was still moving from her breathing.

 

“Soooooooo…” She calls out the word ‘Soo’ in one breathe nonstop. While doing that, she still pokes her. From her arm, to her another arm, to her shoulder, to her head. Even to her forehead, cheek and nose.

 

“Huh?” Sooyoung raises her head and tries to regain her vision. She got shocked by Jessica when she saw her. “How- Where- What? How do you get in here?” Sooyoung points at Jessica and points at everywhere in the class, thinking there is still lesson.

 

“You’ve slept through the whole day, Soo, ever since you stepped into the class. You’re as much as a sleeper like me, or even more. Everyone went back home and even the lecturers left the school.” Jessica explains the situation to Sooyoung.

 

Sooyoung places her palm to her forehead and shakes her head. She was thinking how she can be so tired.

 

“Anything happened last night that make you can’t sleep well and sleep at school?” Jessica asked, concerning about Sooyoung’s weird behavior.

 

“Let’s talk on the way home, Sica. I don’t want us to be locked up in the school.” She smiles at Jessica before standing up and waits for Jessica.

 

“Alright.” And there the two of them left the school.

 

“So, want to tell me now?” Jessica breaks the silent atmosphere ever since they left the school.

 

“Well, you know how Taeyeon, Yuri and I were a team to fight crimes?” Sooyoung says and Jessica nodded, “Last night we went to a mission. I was completely fine last night and this morning. I just never thought that I will sleep through the day.”

 

“It means that you’re tired, Soo. Why do you still come to school today?” Jessica looks at Sooyoung with a worry face.

 

“I thought I can be awake though…” Sooyoung mumbles.

 

Seeing Sooyoung being so down makes Jessica a little, let’s just say, uncomfortable and unhappy. The whole journey of walking home was quiet, until Jessica snaps her fingers. Sooyoung turns to look at her with her eyes widen.

 

“Let’s go get you some ice cream. It will cheer you up, right?” Jessica says which made Sooyoung’s eyes more open.

 

“You’re letting me eat that?” Sooyoung says in a slightly excited voice.

 

“Sure, as long as you promised me you’ll let me pay today.” Jessica teases as they remember the last time they went to an ice cream stall, Sooyoung was the one that pay.

 

“As long as I can eat it, I don’t care about nothing. Let’s go.” This time, Sooyoung didn’t run by herself to the stall but grabs Jessica’s hand as she runs toward the stall.

 

Sooyoung turns her head back to look at Jessica who was shocked by the sudden pull from Sooyoung. She then shows her most kid-like smile to Jessica before continue running to the stall.

 

She’s like a kid, a cute grown up one. Jessica says when she saw Sooyoung’s smile. That time, Jessica suddenly felt like something struck into her heart. She didn’t bother to understand what her heart means but upon feeling it, she just smiles at the figure that is pulling her hand.

 


 

Hello, readers. Nice to see you here ^^ Hope you had fun reading this chapter :)

Do leave a comment, inquiries you had in mind or anything, I'll answer it :D

Enjoy ^^