Chapter IV – Here’s My Hand

Beneath The Tale Of Gemstone

Chapter IV – Here’s My Hand

“Soo, ready for your first day in your new school?” Taeyeon asked her when she saw her walking down the stairs with her backpack slinging behind her shoulder.

 

“Yeah, I guess…” Sooyoung says softly.

 

“Let’s go.” Taeyeon walks ahead of Sooyoung as she was just standing there looking around.

 

“Aren’t we going to wait for Yuri?”

 

“Nah, she’s already on her way to school. Have to pick some certain someone up.” Taeyeon explains while sneaking her feet into her shoes.

 

“Alright then.” Sooyoung hurriedly walk to the door and wears her shoes so Taeyeon can safely lock the door.

 

Both of them were quiet when they were on their way to school until Taeyeon speaks up.

 

“So, how was the night spending at the new apartment?”

 

“It doesn’t feel much different from what I had in the past, it’s comfortable.”

 

“Alright then.” Taeyeon smiles at her before turning her head back and focus on the road. Sooyoung seems like she has something in mind that she couldn’t bring up.

 

“Umm, Tae…” Sooyoung calls Taeyeon out.

 

“Hmm?”

 

“Is Yuri together with someone?” Sooyoung shyly asks and avoids Taeyeon’s question face.

 

After she composed her face, she speaks, “She isn’t exactly dating someone, it’s more like… Hmm, how do I put this? It’s more like both of them are obviously liking each other but both of them are playing hard to get. We’ve been telling her to go on with her instinct yet she doesn’t make a move.”

 

“Why doesn’t she make a move then?” Sooyoung once again shoots a question to Taeyeon.

 

“Why don’t you ask her, Soo?” Taeyeon pats Sooyoung’s shoulder, “Don’t worry, she won’t bite and you can solve that mystery of yours in your brain.”

 

“I guess I should do that.” Sooyoung mumbles under her breathe.

 

“If you have any other question that you’re curious about, you can always come up to me and ask me.” Taeyeon reassures Sooyoung.

 

“Tae-Tae!!” A voice can be heard from afar which startles both Taeyeon and Sooyoung.

 

“Huh?” Taeyeon quickly turns around only to be hit by a strong impact. A girl was seen under Taeyeon’s hold.

 

Taeyeon raises her head up and looks at Sooyoung which only meets with her shocked face and hope for a few explanation.

 

“Fany-ah, get up for a while.” Taeyeon calls out the girl under her hold.

 

“No.” Tiffany whines when Taeyeon tries to push her away. To Taeyeon, it was an awkward scene because Sooyoung was there.

 

“I guess…” Sooyoung speaks which caught Taeyeon’s attention. She points towards the school compound, signaling that she’ll go in first.

 

“Sorry.” Taeyeon mouthed to her, “I’ll explain to you everything later.”

 

Sooyoung gave her an “okay” sign before going in, leaving the two people outside.

 

“Fany-ah…” Taeyeon once again tries to push her away but there wasn’t any effect.

 

“How could you? Just when I miss you and want to see you, you’re with another girl. And she’s way too far from your league.” Tiffany muffles on Taeyeon’s shirt but her words were still audible.

 

“Fany, listen.” Taeyeon finally succeed in pushing Tiffany apart from her.

 

“First of all, I miss you too. Although we meet every day, I’ll still wish I can see you and hug you all the time.” Tiffany listens attentively to what Taeyeon is saying, “Secondly, you’re the only person I see in my world and there couldn’t be anybody else. That girl you saw earlier, she’s like me and Yuri. Remember what I told you before?”

 

Tiffany nods to Taeyeon’s obvious question.

 

“I was just showing her around and tried to make her ease in her new environment. She’s just like a younger dongsaeng, that’s all.” Taeyeon pats her head with a smile.

 

Tiffany kept quiet after listening to Taeyeon’s explanation.

 

“Is somebody jealous?” Taeyeon teases Tiffany and pokes her cheek.

 

“Humph!” Tiffany pouts and looks away from Taeyeon.

 

“There’s no one that can replace you in my heart, remember that.” Taeyeon shows her palm to Tiffany and she gladly wraps it, “Let’s go in.”

 

“Wait…” Taeyeon who was thinking about the incident earlier suddenly stops, “Fany-ah, what do you mean by she’s way out of my league? Do you mean I can’t get her?”

 

Tiffany was startled by the sudden question from Taeyeon. She smirks inwardly knowing what Taeyeon means.

 

“She’s way too slender for you and…” Tiffany leans in to her ear, “She’s too tall. I have the perfect body for you when you know, when we’re doing that.

 

She pulls away and looks at Taeyeon only to be greeted by the sudden pull by her hand. Taeyeon had been teased.

 

The only reason Taeyeon pulls Tiffany is because that way, Taeyeon will be walking in front and Tiffany absolutely have a certain distance so she couldn’t see Taeyeon blushes and being embarrassed.

 

Tiffany quietly chuckles behind Taeyeon.

 

Now I’ll need to explain things with Sooyoung and this time, it’s my thing. Taeyeon’s inner self is having some frustration after calming her mind down from Tiffany earlier. She isn’t someone that will talk things that is related to her. She wants her life to have more privacy.

 

But Tiffany is the opposite of her. She is always so jumpy and likes to announce things that make her happy to the whole world.

 

“Kim Taeyeon is mine now!” She once yelled in front of the whole class before school started. Taeyeon couldn’t do anything but just awkwardly smiled to everyone. One thing that matters the most to Taeyeon is that she needs to always keep Tiffany happy. After all, fairy tales often says ‘happy ever after’.

 

“So, aren’t you going to introduce me to that dongsaeng of yours?” Tiffany suddenly speaks when we’re in the middle of waiting for the lecturer to come in.

 

“Why don’t you do it yourself? After all, you’ve been doing that to every person I met.” Taeyeon jokingly says to Tiffany.

 

“Is that some kind of mocking, Tae?” Tiffany puffs . Taeyeon knew Tiffany is mad when she does that but that only makes Taeyeon smiles.

 

“What are you smiling at?” Tiffany crosses her arms.

 

“Does anyone ever tell you that you look cute no matter what you’re doing?” Taeyeon made her right arm upright and leans on it while looking at Tiffany like she was enjoying it, “Did any certain someone named Kim Taeyeon ever told you that she loves to see you when you’re looking like that?”

 

“Yah!” Tiffany slaps Taeyeon’s arm but before she can get her arm back, Taeyeon quickly grabs it.

 

“Remember she said that no matter how hard you hit her, she’ll always hold onto your hand afterwards?” Although Tiffany didn’t say anything, she was quietly enjoying it. She always likes to listen to Taeyeon when she talks cheesy.

 

“And, it’s a payback for what you said to me just now.” Tiffany wants to slap Taeyeon’s arm once again but she was holding it firmly.

 

“You’re making my heartbeat fast, you know? And I know, you’re enjoying what I’m doing now.” Taeyeon says the last sentence.

 

“You’ve always know what to say, Tae-Tae.” Tiffany leans on Taeyeon’s shoulder. Before they can enjoy more of their alone time, the lecturer came in and destroy it.

 

“Curse you, Mr. Lee.” Tiffany cursed under her breathe which caused Taeyeon to laugh. Before she lifts her head fully away from Taeyeon, Taeyeon grabs her cheek and leans in for a peak.

 

“Don’t curse, Fany.” Taeyeon says before turning back to concentrate in their class.

 

If Taeyeon always does this when I curse, I wouldn’t stop cursing. Tiffany thought to herself.

 

“No weird thoughts of cursing, Fany-ah.” Taeyeon suddenly speaks which grab Tiffany back from her thought.

 

Tiffany just quietly sits there until she feels a hand on hers. When she looks up, she wasn’t able to see Taeyeon’s eyes because she was focusing on the class. When she looks down, she saw a paper on Taeyeon’s table.

 

I know you like it, here’s my hand :)

 

It’s these minor things that Taeyeon does that will always make Tiffany happy.

 

 

“WHAT IS THIS?” A person shouted.

 


 

Hi, everybody :) Did you enjoyed the past chapters? I hope you do...

Here's a new chapter, hope you guys do enjoy too and I do hope for some comments, please... :X

Anyway, anyone who is excited about SM The Ballad? I know I am ^^ Make sure you check it out even if you may have lesser interest in other groups and ballad kind of songs. I personally like it so I'm going to share it to everyone. 

Leave a comment ;)

 

Oh, and do check out a new oneshot about Soosica that I wrote :) https://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/665547/falling-petals-jessica-snsd-soosica-sooyoung