Chapter III – It’s Going To Be Different

Beneath The Tale Of Gemstone

Chapter III – It’s Going To Be Different

After all the commotions, 4 of them finally gathered and sit on their respective seat. Taeyeon and Yuri on one side while Lay and Sooyoung sit on their opposite.

 

“Team up with her will surely make things messed up.” Yuri annoyingly mumbles.

 

“Yuri noona, stop it.” Lay heard it so he quickly stops Yuri from saying further. He doesn’t want Sooyoung to get hurt even way before things got serious.

 

“Don’t be such a kid, Yul.” Taeyeon sternly says.

 

The atmosphere suddenly goes down within Sooyoung. She who is only sitting there looks at the scene in front of her. She wouldn’t say anything, not even complaining and whines why Yuri wants to treat her like that.

 

Taeyeon and Lay sense that Sooyoung wasn’t feeling right so they quickly look at her.

 

“Soo-”

 

“Not now, Lay.” Sooyoung says in a soft voice before raising her head and smile, “Let’s talk about why all of us are here for. The faster the better.” Sooyoung mumbles the last sentence.

 

Taeyeon looks at Sooyoung and feels bad for how Yuri treats her. She raises her arm and slaps Yuri’s head.

 

“One more word from you and I’ll make sure you can’t make out with Yoona for one month.” Yuri senses Taeyeon’s seriousness. She quickly composes herself and pays attention to the meeting.

 

“Alright, noonas,” Lay starts the talk, “As you guys can see here, Sooyoung noona will join you two in your actions starting from now.”

 

“Hi, nice to meet you. I’m Kim Taeyeon and you can just call me Taeyeon for short. I believe we all met and sorry for how my friend here treated you just now. Let’s just say she has a little issue with big eaters.” Taeyeon says with a smile with her right hand stretches out.

 

“I’m Choi Sooyoung,” She wraps her palm around the shown hand, “It’s alright. Nice to meet you too.”

 

“Your turn.” Taeyeon nudges Yuri after her greets.

 

She exhales first and stands up, “I’m Kwon Yuri, sorry for what I did and how I treated you. You’ll understand it in the future.” She reaches her hand out and Sooyoung gladly shakes it.

 

“It’s alright. Hopefully we’ll be good in the future.” Sooyoung smiles at Yuri and she smiles back.

 

“Now, things aren’t that hard, right, Yul?” Taeyeon says.

 

“So, she’s like us, huh?” Taeyeon softly asks but her voice still can be heard in the room.

 

“Yes, and that’s why Eron hyung asked Kris hyung to find her.” Lay explains.

 

They all nod to what Lay said, “That’s all for now. I’ll get going. It’s your first day together so do spend time knowing each other. And Yul noona, contains your pranks.”

 

“Sheesh.” Yuri who already had plans in her mind sighs.

 

“Figures.” Lay mumbles before leaving the apartment.

 

Taeyeon went to send Lay off and closes the door. But before she can fully closes the door, Lay turns around and faces her, “Look after Sooyoung noona, alright, Tae noona?”

 

“Don’t worry about it.” Taeyeon smiles at him and the latter smiles back.

 

“Good bye.” Lay bows lastly and finally left.

 

When Taeyeon went back to the living room, she only sees Yuri in her comfortable clothes sitting in front of the television watching some movie with a snack on her hand. She then walks towards her and sits next to her.

 

“And you say she’ll finish everything. Truthfully, Yul, without her, the food is already in a limited amount. Don’t forget, you eat as much as her as well.” Taeyeon says and pats Yuri’s leg before leaves her alone.

 

She walks to the once empty room and stops in front of the door. She then knocks on it and waits for the person inside to allow her go in.

 

A click sound can be heard and Sooyoung was seen by the door.

 

“Huh? I thought I heard someone knocked on the door.” Sooyoung looks around outside but sees nobody, “It must be Yuri who’s doing this.” She sighs and closes the door.

 

When she turns around, she saw a blur figure standing there. Without thinking further, she wraps her fists and launches it to that person. Even when Sooyoung thinks she hit the target, there was no pressure on her fists.

 

“Not bad, Soo,” The person says.

 

“Taeyeon?” Sooyoung, hearing the familiar voice, loosens her fists and relaxes her muscles.

 

“Yeah, it’s me.”

 

“What are you doing in here?” Sooyoung curiously asked.

 

“Just to test out the new member of the family.” Taeyeon smiles at her, “And talk to you about the family business.”

 

“Since you’re already in, it will be weird saying ‘welcome in’ to you again so have a seat.” Sooyoung pats the spot next to her on the bed.

 

“Thanks.” Taeyeon then sits on Sooyoung’s bed.

 

“About this family business, I’m really hoping that you can cope with it as soon as possible because it’s not something to take light of.” Taeyeon starts to explain. Sooyoung didn’t say anything and just listen attentively.

 

“First thing ahead, I’m a fighter and that girl you met earlier, Yuri, she uses daggers.”

 

“Hmm… That explains your swiftness in dodging just now. But, how can Yuri uses daggers? I mean Yuri is all prank-y and stuff, right? What if she uses it on something wrong?”

 

“That’s one thing we need to pay attention on. Because of that, she often got called into the principal office. Thankfully the principal is one of Eron’s close dongsaeng, if not, Yuri would’ve get expelled since long time ago.”

 

“Obviously…” Sooyoung mumbles under her breathe.

 

“What about you? What will you be doing?” Taeyeon asks her.

 

“I guess I’ll just be your backup or something since I don’t know what I’m good for.”

 

“Hmm… Don’t worry, one day you’ll find out about it.” Taeyeon then smiles at her. The atmosphere then goes quiet.

 

“Hey,” Taeyeon stands up from her seat and pats Sooyoung’s head, “Although I’m shorter than you, I’m always the eldest here and you’re still the dongsaeng. Tell me if you need anything.” Taeyeon smiles at leaves Sooyoung in her room.

 

“Thank you.” Taeyeon was able to hear Sooyoung’s voice and managed to give her a smile.

 

“How’s her?” Yuri asks when Taeyeon sets her on the couch. Yuri stopped watching the movie and just hugs the couch pillow, staring at the ceiling.

 

“Sometimes, I hope that you can keep this calm personality.” Taeyeon says.

 

“Sorry for over reacting earlier, shouldn’t have done that, huh?”

 

“At least you admit on your mistakes.”

 

“So, how is she?” Yuri brings back the topic she was talking about.

 

“Just like how she should be. Just make sure you don’t prank her.”

 

“I won’t.”

 

“Good, I’m heading in.” Taeyeon pats Yuri’s thigh and walks into her room.

 

Taeyeon walks to her bed and lays down, staring at her ceiling, just like how Yuri is doing now on their living room couch. Sooyoung walks away from her bed and looks outside the window.

 

It’s going to be different this time. The three of them thought.

 


 

Hey, everyone ^^ Here's another short chapter. I'm going to take this fic as slow as possible. Sometimes(or most of the time) it will sounds bored and short, but I'm doing my best :)

Anyway, I do hope you guys will comment, at least I wouldn't feel that I was writing for no one T_T

Hope you enjoyed :D